PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Heyward

MrAustin412
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
What kind of impact do you think Heyward can make in his rookie season?

Here are my thoughts for National Football Authority!

http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2011/07/pittsburgh-steelers-quick-analysis-and.html

Jimmy Shaker
07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Heyward won't be taking any snaps from Keisel this year.

Fire Arians
07-07-2011, 01:22 PM
he won't start this year, maybe next. if he shows a lot in preseason he might be part of 'the rotation' but tbh it's gonna be like ziggy, he'll have to wait a year or 2 barring injury to kiesel

BIGNASTY91
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
he won't start this year, maybe next. if he shows a lot in preseason he might be part of 'the rotation' but tbh it's gonna be like ziggy, he'll have to wait a year or 2 barring injury to kiesel

Couldnt agree with you more. I think he has what it takes to be a steeler, he's just gonna have to wait for his opporitunity to come. I think the times that we do see him on the field this year he'll be alot for the opposing's team OL to handle.

:tt02:

55BaileyFan
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I think everyone is spot on (because we all obviously pay attention to our black and gold) He will learn with snaps coming few during the season. He will be a big impact guy in a few years.

thumper
07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Rookies rarely do much on Steelers. Very rare. A few times an OG or C
might get snaps, Polamalu did nothing as a rookie. Pouncy dove right in.
Hood did little. Mendenhall zilch. Timmons nothing. Unless we have
some injuries on DL, Heyward will do very little.

Jimmy Shaker
07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Ben did ok as a rookie.

I'd like our 1st rounders to be able to contribute right away, but I like having a heavy talent-laden SB team better.

pete74
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
i see Heyward getting alot of playing time this year. it probably wont happen till midseason and may be because of injuries to others but i think he will play as a rookie

55BaileyFan
07-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Ben did ok as a rookie.

I'd like our 1st rounders to be able to contribute right away, but I like having a heavy talent-laden SB team better.

He did say very rare. Ben was a freak obviously 13 out of 13 during the regular season which broke the old record set by another Steeler who had 6.

RARE super RARE

Fire Arians
07-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Ben did ok as a rookie.

to be fair, the FO never expected maddox to go down so quickly. ben wasn't meant to start until year 2 or 3

however, i'm not complaining about how things went. I'm just saying the FO rarely ever slates a rookie to be a starter unless there's an extreme need at the spot

SteelerFanInATL
07-14-2011, 08:24 AM

I agree. Even Troy didnt start his first year with the steelers and also struggled a little.
Year 2 or 3 is when we will see the impact of Heyward.

cloppbeast
07-14-2011, 08:50 AM
What kind of impact do you think Heyward can make in his rookie season?

Here are my thoughts for National Football Authority!

http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2011/07/pittsburgh-steelers-quick-analysis-and.html

Very little impact on defense. I'm sure he'll produce on STs, though.

steeltheone
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Bottom line ...You gotta play to get better..Number 1 picks should be playing a lot...Heyward gives us something we don't have...Speed up front.

SacknificentStew56
07-14-2011, 10:32 AM
I hope he become a student throughout the whole season learning as much of the defense as possible behind two great Steelers in Aaron and Diesel. Bury your head in the playbook kid and you'll get your shot.

thumper
07-14-2011, 02:10 PM
The thing I love about him is he is a natural leader - hard worker. He
won't end up partying too much and giving less than full effort. Look
at Pouncy last year: Even as a rookie he earned the respect of entire
team and was a legit leader even as a rookie. When he got hurt you
could just see how much the team cared about him and how much
he care about them. He was passionately into the team winning even
though he wasn't playing. For the opposite of that, see Jay Cutler.