PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks air gripes over Super Bowl calls with NFL.....

DIESELMAN
05-23-2006, 12:08 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/05/22/mmqb.0522/

Some things will never die.....

shimmysteelerfan
05-23-2006, 12:21 PM
its about time they can get closure on this shit. Lets start the 2006 season already!!!

Ohio Steeler
05-23-2006, 12:22 PM
its about time they can get closure on this shit. Lets start the 2006 season already!!!

I agree the time has come to move on

klick81
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
He couldn't have said it better:
I should hope so. It's May, for crying out loud.

Seriously...they need to get over it.

pitt
05-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Geez...I've seen babies with colic that don't cry and whine as much as these fools do!

BBC
05-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Good, maybe they can finally stop all of their bitching.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Cry Me A River Cry Me A River Seahawks. God what a bunch of B.S.

I don't know what the big fuss is about some of them calls.

The one Hasselback that was a bad call. I agree with that.

The Seahawks RT did hold Haggans. That was holding. Don't know why the big uproar on that one.

Ben did get in. The ball broke the plain.

Ok I could see why Seahawks fans would be in uproar on Darrell Jackson's pushoff. Micheal Irvin made a living pushing off on Defensive backs. Plus Plax Burress pushes off all the time also. He did with the Steelers all the time. But if you go by the rule it was a push off. Its just to bad they don't enforce the push off all the time. But they did in the Super Bowl.

But other then that the rest of the calls were not that bad as the Seahawks make it sound. Plus if Hines Ward didn't drop that one TD in the endzone and if Ben doesn't throw that second horrible INT the Steelers at least would have gotten a field goal out of that drive. The Steelers wold have at least scored 10 more points. I'm tired of hearing excuses made for the Seahawks. So there are some of my excuse for the Steelers not totally blowing out the Seahawks.

Petesburgh66
05-23-2006, 11:31 PM
When I heard about this yesterday, I couldn't believe that the sh*thawks coaches were still crying over the SB. It's been almost 4 months. Get over it
And I agree with Black and Gold Forever 32 with his assessment. Replays have shown that the refs made the right calls on the push off, Ben's TD and the holds. People online have shown these clips in slow mo and the proof is there. What other proof do they need? I still blame Madden and his horrible call of the game. His opinions influenced many stupid sheep that watch the game, including the sh*thawks coaches.

SteelShooter
05-24-2006, 12:50 AM
It just never stops, does it?

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-24-2006, 01:01 AM
"There's some closure for us now,'' Holmgren said. "It's something we definitely needed. As a staff, it was important to finally turn the page. We had to have that meeting. Now 2005's definitely behind us.''

I should hope so. It's May, for crying out loud.

At least now the rest of the world is seeing the Hawkers for what they are.... WHINY A$$ BIATCHES

ZornToLargent
05-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Hahaha....hey to all of my Steelers counterparts here!!!

You all know you love my Seahawks!!! And you also know Ben didn't get in the end zone. :D

But I am over it (never) and am looking forward to the 2006 season.

I hope our two teams meet again in nxt years big dance!!!

See you fools then!!!

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 09:43 PM

You all know you love my Seahawks!!! And you also know Ben didn't get in the end zone. :D

See you fools then!!!look what finally crawled up the basement steps. you know with the storied suicide rates in seattle people were beginning to worry about you. please tell us its not hasselbeck being spotted on crutches today that brings you by. :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
05-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Awww, does it still hurt? Once again for the football "fans" in Seattle who recently started following the Seahawks after realizing they had a legit chance of making the playoffs. I'll go slow, I promise, ready? Here we go.

1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.

2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.

3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.

4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals - that was Seattle.

5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.

6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.

7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds. away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.

8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.

9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.

10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.

And Seattle, if you're reaching for excuses...

11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.

12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.

13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy interception early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.

14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.

15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)

16. The Refs weren't the ones who caught a break when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was again another break for Seattle.

17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an interception to...that again would go to Seattle.

18. It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB Alexander in a few key situations. That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.

19. It wasn't the Refs who converted many of their 3rd downs, yet stopped their opponent on 3rd down often...that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.

20. And the very bottom line is this...On plays when there wasn't any penalties...One team made plays and one team didn't. The end result was the final score. Seattle was outcoached and outplayed.

Keep crying though. Makes your fans and organization as a whole look pathetic. Good job.

BBC
05-26-2006, 11:54 PM

See you fools then!!!

http://images.nfl.com/images/2005/seahawks_steelers14.jpg

Call me crazy, but that doesn't look like Shaun Alexander...

clevestinks
05-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Keep crying though. Makes your fans and organization as a whole look pathetic. Good job.
All great points and rep point worthy

Ohio Steeler
05-27-2006, 12:52 PM

See you fools then!!!

we still would of had 1 more try and this time from the 1 inch line so we would have put the ball in also tell me this you are not putting the whole game on that 1 play...

lets look at this how about had the ball at the 50 with 1:13 left and trailing 7-3 and what do you do you run screen to slow player who stay's in bounds then you hand the ball off up the middle for short yardage then your QB takes his time coming to the line and lets the clock roll from 48 seconds to 13 seconds before the Steelers called a timeout. Then after an incompletion you guys kick a 54 yard FG that goes wide right....

and that is just 1 of many f-up's on your guys part, so please dont ride the whole game on just 1 or 2 plays.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2006, 01:11 PM
The push-off was a bad call in Seagull fans minds...however if it woulda been Ward pushing off on a Seagull DB or Ike Taylors pushing off on a Seagull WR for an INT on the same play and it wasn't called they'd be whining that there was no pass-interferance called.

silver & black
05-27-2006, 04:49 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :shake01: :shake01: :shake01: The Hawks lost because they didn't play as well as the Steelers... simple as that.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Although it's clear that Ben did get in the endzone, let's play "what if?"

Either we would have kicked a FG, which means we would have won 17-10 (which is still a win, in case you didn't know that Squaker), or the Bus would have gone in (most likely scenario) or the Squaks would have had the ball on the 1 inch line, and either punted or taken a safety.

Any reasonable person will understand this. If the Squaks were good enough to win, they would have been able to stop the constant running plays that everyone in the WORLD knew we were going to run in the last 5-6 minutes of the game...but, guess what?

They weren't good enough to win.

If you want to see a team face adversity from the officials and still win, watch the Steelers/Chargers MNF game. THAT'S how a team that faces some challenges rises above and snatches victory from the jaws of defeat.

Lyn
05-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Been There Done That

We have had calls go the other way. We whined, cried, moaned and complained. No one cared but us. Then we shut up and moved on. Not because we were some holier than thou beings, but simply because no one cared to listen. As is the case with the Hawks now.

Let's all think about this and hold some compassion for the Hawks. After all, it was the biggest game in their history......and it's not like Steeler fans shut up and moved on within 3 months of Neil O'Donnell's performance in Super Bowl XXX now, was it?

And it is true that we did not shut up about NOD, but he was a player, not a zebra. Somehow though in these days of PC ness it just doesn't make much of a difference to me. Steeler fans just do not have the right to criticise anyone for belabouring the point. It is unkind and we are kind in the year of 2006.

:rolleyes:

BigSteelThrill
05-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Wow, I have never seen a team become so pusayfied.

William Munney
06-03-2006, 02:12 PM
I got over the running into the kicker call in 02 and O'Donnell's ints in less than a week. It's crazy. :dang: The hawks are going to lose the division to the Cardinals.

BTW is it the refs fault on Parker's run or ARE's pass to Ward? Maybe Holmgren should have coached instead of whined. Pathetic.:blah:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-03-2006, 02:36 PM
I got over the running into the kicker call in 02 and O'Donnell's ints in less than a week. It's crazy. :dang: The hawks are going to lose the division to the Cardinals.

BTW is it the refs fault on Parker's run or ARE's pass to Ward? Maybe Holmgren should have coached instead of whined. Pathetic.:blah:

Exactly plus its not like the Steelers sprung a new suprise trick play on the Hawks with the El pass to Ward. That was almost the same play the Steelers ran earlier in the season against the Browns. The Hawks must not have watched film from that game since the Hawks defense looked so lost on that play. The Seahawks are a bunch of whining sore losers.

It doesn't matter anyway we have the Lombardi Trophey back in Pittsburgh and the Hawks are still waiting for their first.:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

William Munney
06-03-2006, 03:16 PM
My 88 year old Grandma knew that trick play was coming. I flat out was stunned the Hawks bit on it. Holmgren was too busy whining about calls rather than getting his D ready for that play.

Steel12
06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
For the Seahawk fans cryin about the push off...STFU. If it were in the middle of the field, there would have been no call...easy. But let's be real, it was in the end zone of the SUPER BOWL. How can they NOT call that???