PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Myron!!!!!

Lambertfan
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
What's the latest on Myron? I have not heard anything today. He just can't get rid of that pneumonia. Watching the NFL nework,you can here him on some play when they are doing The Bus replays from years gone by. I sure do miss him!!!!

83-Steelers-43
05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Have not read anything in the local paper or heard anything on the local news since he entered the hospital. They stated he would be in there for three to four days.

tony hipchest
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
yesterday on sirius they said his condition was listed as "serious". not getting steeler broadcasts in nm, i must say sirius radio was a great investment cause i got to listen to all myrons calls in his final year. that in itself was worth the 90 bucks a year. heres hoping hes on the road to recovery.

clevestinks
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Go Myron Get Well Soon!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Last I read he was still being hosptitalized in serious but stable condition.

Comon Myron, get well soon !!!! :tt:

SteelerzGirl
05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
What's the latest on Myron? I have not heard anything today. He just can't get rid of that pneumonia. Watching the NFL nework,you can here him on some play when they are doing The Bus replays from years gone by. I sure do miss him!!!!

I haven't heard anything recently about Myron's condition, but once pneumonia settles in on someone his age, it's not good. :frown: My thoughts and prayers are with him for a full recovery.

Ward86MVP
05-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Best wishes Myron. We are all thinking of you.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm glad even though he wasn't in the booth but he was alive to see the one for the thumb. But get well Myron. Its not your time yet. The Steelers will be adding to other hand this year. So hang in there.

Stlrs4Life
05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Prayers out to Myron to a speedy recovery!

WWIIOwheelz
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I've heard he's on a vent, and if that's the case, this pneumonia is very serious. My thoughts are with him. C'mon, Myron, beat this.

Koopa
05-23-2006, 09:34 PM

well i hope he gets better, but i saw that thing on nfl network, and i said to myself, thank god i never had to hear y'alls local broadcasting, i'm guessing he was the one with the annoying as hell voice.

tony hipchest
05-23-2006, 09:45 PM
well i hope he gets better, but i saw that thing on nfl network, and i said to myself, thank god i never had to hear y'alls local broadcasting, i'm guessing he was the one with the annoying as hell voice. you know who chick hearn and harry carey are right?

Koopa
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
you know who chick hearn and harry carey are right?

nope, i know nothing about local pa broadcasting. i just really follow the steelers

tony hipchest
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
nope, i know nothing about local pa broadcasting. i just really follow the steelerschick hearn is the famous caller of the games for the l.a. lakers and harry carey called games for the chicago cubs. both were nation wide known, legendary icons for 30+ years. cope is footballs version. all were a bit eccentric but definitely fan favorites.

Koopa
05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
chick hearn is the famous caller of the games for the l.a. lakers and harry carey called games for the chicago cubs. both were nation wide known, legendary icons for 30+ years. cope is footballs version. all were a bit eccentric but definitely fan favorites.

oh, well i'm sure if i grew up in pittsburgh i would've grown to love him, but since i ain't, that voice sounded really annoying when i first heard it this past week on the nflnetwork when they did that bettis thing

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Sounds like Myron is getting better..................

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06145/693018-66.stm

Mosca
05-25-2006, 09:14 AM
The thing about Myron is, even if you love him the voice is completely annoying. That's not the point. The point is that the man knows so much about sports that the voice is irrelevant. If you want to listen and learn, you put up with the voice. It's the ultimate triumph of talent, everyman as the sage.

Those other towns, you all can keep your empty talking heads reading off of cue cards. I'll take Cope yinzin' out real insight and knowledge and passion.

Tom

shimmysteelerfan
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
i think his voice is awesome, myron your the man get well soon!!

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Since the age of four I've been listening to that mans voice. It never bothered me. The man told it like it was. Never sugarcoated when we were playing bad and gave high praise when we played well. I respect that in a sports announcer. Also, he did not go the Walter Cronkite route where he made you fall asleep when listening to away games like many other announcers in sport. As a Pittsburgh-bred Steeler fan, you grow up with three things.....listening to Myron Cope, Primanti's before or after the game and a terrible towel.

Cope is sorely missed during away games for this Steeler fan.

DIESELMAN
06-01-2006, 08:46 PM
KDKA.com reports almost two weeks after being admitted to a Pittsburgh hospital, former Pittsburgh Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope is now recovering at a rehabilitation center. He has been battling pneumonia and a string of other illnesses recently.
Good Luck Myron!!!!! :helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Hang in there Myron. Its not your time to go yet. You still have this upcoming season to look forward to when the Steelers repeat and to be the first NFL franchise with 6 Lombardi Tropheys. Get well Myron soon.

SteelShooter
06-01-2006, 09:19 PM
All of our thoughts and prayers are with him. But keep in mind a good thing; if this is his "time" then be comforted in knowing that he was able to watch his beloved Steelers bring that 5th Ring and Lombardi trophy home to Pittsburgh.

I really believe that he wanted it more than the players themselves.

MattsMe
06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
All of our thoughts and prayers are with him. But keep in mind a good thing; if this is his "time" then be comforted in knowing that he was able to watch his beloved Steelers bring that 5th Ring and Lombardi trophy home to Pittsburgh.

I really believe that he wanted it more than the players themselves.

It's a shame he wasn't in the booth last season. Hearing Myron call Randle El's pass would have been priceless.

WWIIOwheelz
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I moved to Pittsburgh in August of '95. LITERALLY, the first thing I heard on local radio was a Steelers talk show about the upcoming season, and this was right after I'd found a beer distributor after my 4 hour drive. I heard Cope's voice & thought, "W....T.....F!?" I laughed & listened all the way to the closest U-Haul return place.

Over the years I grew to love that voice along with the Steeler games, and I'd wager Pittsburgh has the highest percentage of people who listen to radio broadcasts of televised games than any NFL team. An absolute FIXTURE for Steelers football.

Get better, my old friend.

83-Steelers-43
06-02-2006, 07:59 AM
"NOTES -- Retired Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope was released from UPMC-Presbyterian after nearly a two-week stay for pneumonia." - PPG

Ambridge
06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Hopefully Myron has given up the cigarettes.

I remember his last year announcing he'd come down to the Great Hall at Heinz Field to do the Steelers post game show "Cope's Cabanna" and he'd be at the table where him and Tunch Ilkin would do the show at least 10-15 minutes before the broadcast and he'd chain smoke four or five cigs before they went on the air.........and then he'd light up a few more afterwards during the show. :smoker:

Get well Myron.