PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Sounds Off...

BB2W
05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer sounds off on the Pittsburgh Steelers and his surgeon in the new issue of Sports Illustrated, which hits stands on Wednesday.

In the cover story written by Michael Silver, Palmer also describes the scene at Paul Brown Stadium on Jan. 8, when he suffered a knee injury on his first pass of the game, a 66-yard completion to Chris Henry.

"Just an eerie, awkward feeling," Palmer said of being back in the locker room, then leaving the stadium with the game still going. "It seemed like only five minutes had passed since I'd been on that field, and my teammates were still out there battling - I could hear the crowd as I was driving away, and I was listening to them talk about me on the radio."

Palmer also discussed watching the Steelers make their way through the playoffs to an eventual Super Bowl victory.

"I hate (the Steelers)," Palmer told Sports Illustrated. "I keep thinking about how much, back in college, I hated UCLA. I hate the Steelers more than I hate UCLA. Yeah, it's because I'm jealous and I want what they have. I guess I'm just not that evolved."

link: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/SPT02/305230015

BBC
05-23-2006, 05:45 PM
At least he can admit that it is indeed jealousy.

Suitanim
05-23-2006, 05:56 PM
It almost seems like Palmer is sounding off just about every week now, doesn't it? He'll either be able to play or he won't, so he'll either have a chance to walk the talk or he won't...I'm kind of sick of hearing him complain though...

tony hipchest
05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
so im guessing he didnt send kimo a valentines day card?

i must say, im a little disappointed. i would much rather see palmer nonchalant and indifferent where the steelers are concerned. that hatred will keep him focussed and competitive. you would never see tim couch or kyle boller with palmers fire. oh well, we will stomp them all the same.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
He hates us,we hate him.Knowing he hates us will fuel our defense even more,because they will want him to hate us even more.

clevestinks
05-23-2006, 07:43 PM
I hope he doesnt turn into another whinning Peyton manning, I like the guy, so i hope he doesn`t go there!

DIESELMAN
05-23-2006, 07:51 PM
“Well, he doesn’t know me,” Palmer says in the article, “and he doesn’t know how hard I’m going to work…I’m going to prove them all wrong.”

We'll see Palmer.....Actually I hope he is 110% when he comes back so then there won't be any excuses when we kick his ass again.....:helmet:

shimmysteelerfan
05-23-2006, 07:56 PM
there will always be new excuses with anyone who isnt on the steelers payroll we stomp. i agree come back 110% so we can beat the shit out of you again!!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM
The problem is every time he loses to us Bengals fans (and probally the Bengals themselves) are gonna blame the injury.The first time it'll be that he's not 100%,then for the rest of his career the excuse will be that he's not 100% mentally when he plays us because his knee is on the back of his mind.

BBC
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
The problem is every time he loses to us Bengals fans (and probally the Bengals themselves) are gonna blame the injury.The first time it'll be that he's not 100%,then for the rest of his career the excuse will be that he's not 100% mentally when he plays us because his knee is on the back of his mind.

Good for them. We'll continue to win, they can continue to come up with excuses...

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Ok I was a fan of Carson Palmer. I say was because the guy is getting on my last nerve. But the reason I used to like the guy he torched Notre Dame his senior year at USC. Any player that takes it do the Irish I like. Then when he was drafted by the Bengals I still rooted for they guy of cousre when he played against the Steelers I hoped he stunk the joint up. But know I'm sick of hearing about him every day. I'm so sick of the Bengals and hearing how it was a dirty play. I wish Carson a 100 percent recovery but I'm tired of Carson Palmer. He isn't the first player to suffer a major injury. Plus I'm glad you hate us Carson. You really will hate us when we take it to you two more times this year.

SteelerzGirl
05-23-2006, 09:16 PM
I hope he doesnt turn into another whinning Peyton manning, I like the guy, so i hope he doesn`t go there!

I'm thinkin' Palmer is turning into another Chad Johnson. Yet another Bengal flappin' at the lips! Like one wasn't enough. Guh! And I hope their lips keep flappin'... They're writing checks that their ass can't cash, which will make it all the sweeter! :smile:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
I hate the bengals.....

CantStop85
05-23-2006, 09:45 PM
I hate the bengals.....
The bengals hate you too. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Over the past fifteen years, I'm sure the Bungals have learned to hate everybody.

HburgXL06
05-23-2006, 10:26 PM
The bengals are doin this to themselves. If they had been stealth about their new ability to play football they could've surprised everyone. Instead CJ ran his mouth and targetted the Steelers specifically and got them pissed. For the bengals, which is regarded as a team that is not consistently good, to come at the Steelers like they did got the Steelers players and fans pissed off and we had to show them who was the boss. Now the bengals are doin it again. By the time the season starts the bengals will have said so much every player on the Steelers will want to shut them up for good. Which we will do. Carson is becomin a bengal well, a whiny b*tch. It's a shame. Peace.

BuFu

Petesburgh66
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Keep feeding the Steelers locker room material there Palmer. Until you beat the Steelers in a meaningful game, shut your mouth. What a dumbass.

3 to be 4
05-24-2006, 12:24 AM
If Palmer can show the heart and the will to win of, say, Barbero, then the rest of the league will be sorry indeed

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-24-2006, 12:50 AM
If Palmer can show the heart and the will to win of, say, Barbero, then the rest of the league will be sorry indeed

Love the analogy!!! They both kind of looked the same last time on TV. points to you

MasterOfPuppets
05-24-2006, 02:49 AM
so there's a 50/50 chance he'll have to be terminated???:huh:

MAN-O-STEEL
05-24-2006, 07:44 AM
so there's a 50/50 chance he'll have to be terminated???:huh: That might be determined by JP's health!!!!:cool:

SteelerzGirl
05-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Palmer can dish it out

Recovering QB admits to hatred of Steelers in SI cover story
BY BILL KOCH | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Carson Palmer would have preferred his first Sports Illustrated cover as a Bengal to be a picture of him holding a Super Bowl trophy.

And maybe it would have been if the Bengals quarterback hadn't blown out his left knee in a Jan. 8 playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Instead, the Palmer cover that hits newsstands today shows him running in a hydrotherapy pool with the words "The Rehab of Carson Palmer" superimposed over the picture.

"It's definitely flattering to be on the cover of any magazine," Palmer said Tuesday, "especially a magazine like that, but it's not like I'm on it for winning a big game. I'm on it for being dinged up. When you're on it because you're injured and not able to practice, it's not as good. But it's still a huge honor."

The SI cover is the second for Palmer, who was also on the cover of the magazine's NFL draft issue on April 28, 2003.

The cover story, written by Michael Silver, delves into the emotions Palmer felt immediately after Steelers defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen rolled into his knee as he released a 66-yard pass to Chris Henry, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, shredding the medial collateral ligament and dislocating his kneecap.

It also touches on the hatred he feels for the Steelers.

Silver describes Palmer lying in the middle section of his Chevy Tahoe as his wife, Shaelyn, pulled away from Paul Brown Stadium shortly after halftime.

"Just an eerie, awkward feeling," Palmer says in the story. "It seemed like only five minutes had passed since I'd been on that field and my teammates were still out there battling. I could hear the crowd as I was driving away, and I was listening to them talk about me on the radio. We had it all laid out in front of us; the Super Bowl could've been ours. I felt like I deserted them or something."

According to the story, Palmer cried as he lay on a table in the locker room, minutes after being carted off the field.

Palmer said Tuesday he was surprised he reacted so emotionally.

"But because of the significance of it, it doesn't surprise me," he said. "It's the first time something like that happened in my career."

And he said he no longer feels as if he deserted his teammates.

"Not so much anymore," Palmer said, "but right around the game, watching it on TV and listening on the radio, not being out there gave me that feeling."

As for the Steelers, Palmer, who said he rooted against them throughout the playoffs and was upset when they won the Super Bowl, pulls no punches in the story.

"I keep thinking about how much, back in college, I hated UCLA," he says in the article. "I hate the Steelers more than I hate UCLA. Yeah, it's because I'm jealous and want what they have."

The Bengals quarterback said he didn't hesitate to speak so openly in the magazine about his hatred for the Steelers because "it's how I felt. It's how everybody in our locker room feels. It's a heated rivalry between local teams. It's great. I don't hate playing them. I love playing them. ... I hope they lose every game and I'm sure they hope we lose every game.

"It's nothing personal against the individual players. It's the game."

Palmer takes a shot in the story at Dr. Lonnie Paulos, the surgeon who repaired his knee and originally called the injury "devastating and potentially career-ending" before later altering that prognosis in a statement released by the team.

"That's a doctor who likes to hear himself talk and see his name in the newspaper," Palmer is quoted as saying.

He also objected to a statement by network analyst Jim Mora, who said during a telecast of the NFL scouting combine that Palmer "would miss part of the 2006 season and wouldn't be the same quarterback he had been."

"Well, he doesn't know me," Palmer says in the article, "and he doesn't know how hard I'm going to work. ... I'm going to prove them all wrong."

Again, Palmer said, the criticism in the story was not personal.

"That's just something I used for motivation," Palmer said. "They're just doing their job. You've got to find ways to motivate yourself."

Many of the quotes show a side of the Bengals quarterback that has rarely been seen before in the media, but Palmer said he didn't set out to unburden himself in the story as a form of therapy.

"That's the first time I've really been asked some of those questions," he said. "I didn't feel like I was getting anything off my chest. I was being honest and answering what I was asked."

He was honest about one more thing Tuesday when asked about how much he's motivated by the hopes that Bengals fans have for his speedy recovery.

"It puts a lot of pressure on me," Palmer said. "I feel that pressure, but it's exciting to come here when the city was fired up about baseball and see the transformation of it, that it is a football town, that people love the Bengals, that they've stuck by the Bengals for so long, that they're so excited about the coming year and the chances that we have. It's really fun."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060524/SPT02/605240377

meanjoecoop
05-24-2006, 11:44 AM
The Cincinnati Enquirer was also boasting that the Bengals have been on the cover of SI 6 times!

Wow thats...lame lets look at the facts:

Cincinnati Bengals Featured on Sports Illustrated Covers - 6

May 29, 2006 Volume 104, Issue 22 - Carson Palmer
August 7, 1989 Volume 71, Issue 6 - Boomer Esiason
January 16, 1989 Volume 70, Issue 2 - Ickey Woods
February 10, 1982 Super Bowl Special – Ken Anderson
December 14, 1981 Volume 55, Issue 25 - Chris Collinsworth
August 12, 1968 Volume 29, Issue 7 - Paul Brown

Pittsburgh Steelers Featured on Sports Illustrated Covers - 37

February, 2006 Super Bowl Commemorative Issue - Hines Ward
February 13, 2006 Volume 104, Issue 6 - Hines Ward
January 30, 2006 Volume 104, Issue 4 – Jerome Bettis
January 23, 2006 Volume 104, Issue 3 - Ben Roethlisberger
January 16, 2006 Volume 104, Issue 2 - Jerome Bettis
November 14, 2005 Volume 103, Issue 19 - Troy Polamalu.
January 17, 2005 Volume 102, Issue 2 - Ben Roethlisberger
November 15, 2004 Volume 101, Issue 19 - Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress
December 10, 2001 Volume 95, Issue 23 - Kordell Stewart
November 13, 2000 Volume 93, Issue 20 - Lethon Flowers
November 24, 1997 Volume 87, Issue 21 - Jerome Bettis
September 1, 1997 Volume 87, Issue 9 - Kordell Stewart
March 11, 1996 Volume 84, Issue 10 - Neil O'Donnell
December 5, 1994 Volume 81, Issue 23 – Steelers
November 14, 1988 Volume 69, Issue 21 - Chuck Noll
January 7, 1985 Volume 62, Issue 1 - Walter Abercrombie
July 30, 1984 Volume 61, Issue 6 - Jack Lambert
August 23, 1982 Volume 57, Issue 8 - Franco Harris
November 10, 1980 Volume 53, Issue 20 - L.C. Greenwood
January 28, 1980 Volume 52, Issue 4 - John Stallworth
January 14, 1980 Volume 52, Issue 2 - L.C. Greenwood
December 24, 1979 Volume 51, Issue 26 - Terry Bradshaw
November 5, 1979 Volume 51, Issue 19 - Franco Harris
January 29, 1979 Volume 50, Issue 4 - Rocky Bleier
January 15, 1979 Volume 50, Issue 2 - Terry Bradshaw
October 9, 1978 Volume 49, Issue 15 - Terry Bradshaw
November 21, 1977 Volume 47, Issue 21 - Jack Lambert
January 3, 1977 Volume 46, Issue 1 - Mel Blount and Glen Edwards
December 6, 1976 Volume 45, Issue 23 - Rocky Bleier and Sam Davis
January 26, 1976 Volume 44, Issue 4 - Lynn Swann
January 12, 1976 Volume 44, Issue 2 - Franco Harris
September 22, 1975 Volume 43, Issue 12 - Joe Greene
June 9, 1975 Volume 42, Issue 23 - Rocky Bleier
January 20, 1975 Volume 42, Issue 3 - Terry Bradshaw
January 6, 1975 Volume 42, Issue 1 - Franco Harris
September 23, 1974 Volume 41, Issue 13 - Joe Gilliam
July 29, 1974 Volume 41, Issue 5 - Terry Bradshaw
October 11, 1971 Volume 35, Issue 15 - Joe Greene

37 to 6...Steelers kick Bungals asses again.:rofl:

shimmysteelerfan
05-24-2006, 11:49 AM
"According to the story, Palmer cried as he lay on a table in the locker room, minutes after being carted off the field."

ill bet he does this at least twice this year!

Hines86Ward
05-24-2006, 01:21 PM
A wise man (Rasheed Wallace) once said , "Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days"....Thats the logic with the Bengals. They have a good year, and now they think they can match up with anybody. Compare their schedule last year (one of the league's easiest), to this years (one of the toughest)....and lets see how they do against the big boys of the AFC. If they can do something, then they can talk....but for now, they can shut the hell up

BB2W
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
The Bengals quarterback said he didn't hesitate to speak so openly in the magazine about his hatred for the Steelers because "it's how I felt. It's how everybody in our locker room feels. It's a heated rivalry between local teams. It's great. I don't hate playing them. I love playing them. ... I hope they lose every game and I'm sure they hope we lose every game.
Palmer may be obsessed with the Steelers as much as his fans. I don't hope the Bengals lose every game... they just about did lose every game for 15 years and it didn't do much for me. I sometimes even pulled for them it was so bad... plus, I was embarassed for the AFC North/Central.

SteelerFanInCA
05-24-2006, 06:14 PM
You gotta love the competitors edge in Carson. Now let's see if his whiny little b i t c h ass can back it up. Definitely good BB material.

CantStop85
05-24-2006, 07:36 PM
You gotta love the competitors edge in Carson. Now let's see if his whiny little b i t c h ass can back it up. Definitely good BB material.
Not really BB material...he even said it was nothing personal against the players, it's just a rivalry and both teams feel about the same way.

I like the article as a whole, you can tell that Carson is not satisfied with a trip to the playoffs and an AFCN title...I like the attitude and drive.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:46 PM

You're kidding, right? Who was it that was complaining about their QB's thumb when the Bengals beat their asses at home? Palmer is a stand up guy, he hasn't once accused Kimo of being dirty. And he's not complaining, the guy is pissed because he couldn't help his team, wouldn't you be?

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm thinkin' Palmer is turning into another Chad Johnson. Yet another Bengal flappin' at the lips! Like one wasn't enough. Guh! And I hope their lips keep flappin'... They're writing checks that their ass can't cash, which will make it all the sweeter! :smile:

First of all, he's not becoming a Chad Johnson. And if you hate people that flap their lips so much, what the hell are you doing rooting for Porter???? That guy is a hell of a lot worse than Chad, his shit isn't even funny. He's just a jerk. And he's lucky as hell Jeremy Stevens had about 5 brain farts in the Super Bowl, because if that guy would have pulled his head out of his ass for about 5 minutes, he could have been the MVP and made Porter look like the schmuck he really is. Porter got lucky as hell that whole thing didn't blow up in his face.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:54 PM
A wise man (Rasheed Wallace) once said , "Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days"....Thats the logic with the Bengals. They have a good year, and now they think they can match up with anybody. Compare their schedule last year (one of the league's easiest), to this years (one of the toughest)....and lets see how they do against the big boys of the AFC. If they can do something, then they can talk....but for now, they can shut the hell up

You played virtually the same schedule dumb ass. And were lucky has hell to even get in the playoffs. Congrats on what you did when you got there, but you were very close to not even getting a chance at it.

Motley Nate
05-24-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the field. Personally, I don't think he would have to talk to the media that much if his surgeon would have stopped exaggerating the severity of the injury to boost his "surgical skill".

http://i4.tinypic.com/10n9ap1.jpg

Motley Nate
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM
A wise man (Rasheed Wallace) once said
A wise man? hahahaha

Rasheed went to "skoo" for basketball not "get dem paypas like the rest of dem cats".

:rolleyes:

SteelerzGirl
05-24-2006, 07:57 PM
First of all, he's not becoming a Chad Johnson. And if you hate people that flap their lips so much, what the hell are you doing rooting for Porter???? That guy is a hell of a lot worse than Chad, his shit isn't even funny. He's just a jerk. And he's lucky as hell Jeremy Stevens had about 5 brain farts in the Super Bowl, because if that guy would have pulled his head out of his ass for about 5 minutes, he could have been the MVP and made Porter look like the schmuck he really is. Porter got lucky as hell that whole thing didn't blow up in his face.

Let me, a girl, explain it to you... Joey Porter backs up his smack, and Joey Porter is a Super Bowl Champion. Those are facts! Chad Johnson talks smack, but gets nothing but smacked around by the Steelers in return. Those are facts! NOW do you understand? :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 07:57 PM

still playing the "what if" game huh? how bout, "what if j. stevens didnt SUCK?"

i knew this, porter knew this. lemme guess you were just hoping he would turn into the greatest tight end ever and have a jerry rice type sb performance huh?

thats laughable

Motley Nate
05-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Jeramy Stevens has shorter gator arms than Todd Pinkston.

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 08:03 PM
You played virtually the same schedule dumb ass. And were lucky has hell to even get in the playoffs. Congrats on what you did when you got there, but you were very close to not even getting a chance at it. your shit is tired already. maybe your suckface team couldve beat the steelers AT HOME, with a HEALTHY carson palmer and prevented the steelers from making the playoffs. dont forget that. carson couldve saved himself and the dozens of bengalfans plenty of tears (and still got their asses handed to them the following week in indy). you sound like damn raiderfans bitching about losing to the pats. just cause your demigod chad said they wouldve won the sb dont make it so.

what a naive little puppet you are, hanging onto johnsons every word

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the field. Personally, I don't think he would have to talk to the media that much if his surgeon would have stopped exaggerating the severity of the injury to boost his "surgical skill".

http://i4.tinypic.com/10n9ap1.jpgisnt that the guy from baltimore who won all those medals swimming in the 2004 summer olympics?

he looks like hed be killer at playing water polo

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey, someone brought up the Bengals "weak" schedule. I'm just saying they pretty much played identical schedules. So let's give that a rest.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:10 PM
still playing the "what if" game huh? how bout, "what if j. stevens didnt SUCK?"

i knew this, porter knew this. lemme guess you were just hoping he would turn into the greatest tight end ever and have a jerry rice type sb performance huh?

thats laughable

I never said Jeramy Stevens needed to be Jerrry Rice. I'm just saying he played absolutely terrible, and if it weren't for his gator arms and the refs you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. And before you get on me about the "refs" comment, you all know it was a terribly called game, and that's all anyone was talking about on Monday.

Motley Nate
05-24-2006, 08:18 PM
isnt that the guy from baltimore who won all those medals swimming in the 2004 summer olympics?

he looks like hed be killer at playing water polo
He could of won real "gold" that way... not Steeler gold... or yellow... or whatever the color wheel says today.

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I never said Jeramy Stevens needed to be Jerrry Rice. I'm just saying he played absolutely terrible, and if it weren't for his gator arms and the refs you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. And before you get on me about the "refs" comment, you all know it was a terribly called game, and that's all anyone was talking about on Monday.

actually i think it was carson palmer who didnt have a leg to stand on...

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:24 PM
actually i think it was carson palmer who didnt have a leg to stand on...

And I'm sure you thank you're lucky stars every night. Carson Palmer tearing up his leg is the best thing that happened to the Steelers in the past 20 years. If it hadn't happened, you'd still be looking for "one for the thumb"

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 08:31 PM
He could of won real "gold" that way... not Steeler gold... or yellow... or whatever the color wheel says today. in honor of the steelers becoming the 1st franchise to win 6 sb's next year, the nfl has decided to scrap the traditional tiffany silver lombardi, and will construct one made of 24k. that'll be neat.

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 08:33 PM
And I'm sure you thank you're lucky stars every night. Carson Palmer tearing up his leg is the best thing that happened to the Steelers in the past 20 years. If it hadn't happened, you'd still be looking for "one for the thumb"

carsons still looking for... *drumroll please*

...."ONE FOR THE KNEE"!

Milkman
05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Jeramy Stevens has shorter gator arms than Todd Pinkston.

:rofl: So true Nate!

Milkman
05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Just look at every post by "bengal fan"...there's an "IF" in every one of them.

Truly pathetic to keep dwelling on what "could" have been.

Fact is the bengals lost.

Fact is the Steelers won...deal with it and quit your crying.

Fact is that I'm wasting my time replying to "bengal fan's" idiocy. :dang:

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Here are some facts...

The officiating in the Super Bowl was a joke.

Jeremy Stevens dropped two TD's.

Carson Palmer's only pass attempt went for 66 yards.

The Bengals lead at halftime without their starting QB.

The Bengals played all of last season with back-ups at both safety postions, one of which was cut by Arizona.

Steelers fans use Ben's thumb as an excuse for losing to the Bengals, but rip Bengal fans for saying it would have been completely different game with a healthy Palmer.

The Bengals signed Sam Adams & Dexter Jackson and get Madieu Williams back this year.

Palmer is ahead of schedule and at this point appears to be on track for opening day.

The Bengals entire offense is coming back intact with the exception of a TE that did squat.

The only players not coming back on defense are guys who have been replaced by colossal upgrades. No one who would have started this year was lost to free agency, on either side of the ball.

The Bengals biggest loss to free agency was their 5th WR who caught 13 balls.

Those are all facts my friend.

Milkman
05-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Finally a post from you with no "ifs". :cheer:

CantStop85
05-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Just look at every post by "bengal fan"...there's an "IF" in every one of them.
If you weren't so wrong, I'd actually pay attention to your posts. :blurp:

Milkman
05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
If you weren't so wrong, I'd actually pay attention to your posts. :blurp:

Sorry CS85...my bad. :bricks:

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Here are some facts...

The officiating in the Super Bowl was a joke.

Jeremy Stevens dropped two TD's.

Carson Palmer's only pass attempt went for 66 yards.

The Bengals lead at halftime without their starting QB.

The Bengals played all of last season with back-ups at both safety postions, one of which was cut by Arizona.

Steelers fans use Ben's thumb as an excuse for losing to the Bengals, but rip Bengal fans for saying it would have been completely different game with a healthy Palmer.

The Bengals signed Sam Adams & Dexter Jackson and get Madieu Williams back this year.

Palmer is ahead of schedule and at this point appears to be on track for opening day.

The Bengals entire offense is coming back intact with the exception of a TE that did squat.

The only players not coming back on defense are guys who have been replaced by colossal upgrades. No one who would have started this year was lost to free agency, on either side of the ball.

The Bengals biggest loss to free agency was their 5th WR who caught 13 balls.

Those are all facts my friend.

chew on these facts:

the sky is blue and the sun will rise tomorrow and neither will help the bengals win a superbowl. just like none of your other "facts".

cause the fact is the steelers are the better team. always have been, and always will be.

Milkman
05-24-2006, 09:03 PM
chew on these facts:

the sky is blue and the sun will rise tomorrow and neither will help the bengals win a superbowl. just like none of your other "facts".

cause the fact is the steelers are the better team. always have been, and always will be.

:iagree: :champs:

BB2W
05-24-2006, 10:18 PM
chew on these facts:

:crickets:

Hines86Ward
05-24-2006, 10:53 PM
You played virtually the same schedule dumb ass. And were lucky has hell to even get in the playoffs. Congrats on what you did when you got there, but you were very close to not even getting a chance at it.

Our schedules were against mostly the same teams, but at different points in the year. For instance, you beat the Bears & Vikings when they were playing like crap. We beat the Bears & Vikings when they were hot near the end of the season. Chicago was on an 8 game winning streak & Minnesota was on a 6 game winning streak when we beat them. You beat Chicago when they were 1-1 and Orton was making his 2nd start. From the AFC East, we played & lost to New England (a playoff team) while you lost to Buffalo (they went 5-11, and were on a 5 game losing streak when they played you). From the AFC West, we beat San Diego while you lost to Kansas City.

I said what I needed to say, hopefully I got the point across.....

CantStop85
05-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Our schedules were against mostly the same teams, but at different points in the year. For instance, you beat the Bears & Vikings when they were playing like crap. We beat the Bears & Vikings when they were hot near the end of the season. Chicago was on an 8 game winning streak & Minnesota was on a 6 game winning streak when we beat them. You beat Chicago when they were 1-1 and Orton was making his 2nd start. From the AFC East, we played & lost to New England (a playoff team) while you lost to Buffalo (they went 5-11, and were on a 5 game losing streak when they played you). From the AFC West, we beat San Diego while you lost to Kansas City.

I said what I needed to say, hopefully I got the point across.....
:stupid:

SteelShooter
05-25-2006, 01:50 AM
so im guessing he didnt send kimo a valentines day card?

i must say, im a little disappointed. i would much rather see palmer nonchalant and indifferent where the steelers are concerned. that hatred will keep him focussed and competitive. you would never see tim couch or kyle boller with palmers fire. oh well, we will stomp them all the same.

I disagree Tony. When we do our hand-to-hand drills, or even play racquetball, one of the things I try to do is to get the opposition to get angry, to hate me for a few minutes. They tend to actually lose focus instead....then come the mistakes.

He's a great QB, no doubt about that. But the more he "hates" the Steelers and us, the fans, the more he will toss interceptions, or fumble, or misread a defense and then try to force a play. After that, comes the mental stigma....then we will truly own him as we own the rest of his conglomeration they call a Team. :buttkick:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Carson Palmer can kiss my ass !! " I hate the Steelers" he says.. :blah: Cry me a f**kin river dude !! You lost in the playoffs, you didnt have it when it counts, you lost to the Steelers and we won the Super Bowl. Injuries are apart of the game, so get used to it. We go through it all the time, just like everybody else in the league.

Get the hell over it man! I know you're pissed off and you're in rehab and you're hoping to God that you can come back on opening day... You're coach, Marvin Lewis, who I used to have nothing but respect for has become just about as big of an arrogant prick as you're favorite target #85 is.

You hate the Steelers?? We here's a news flash for you !!! We hate your dumbass even more than you hate us !! So take your whiney, crying ass, run to the media and try to fire up the fans and stick it where the sun dont shine !

BBC
05-25-2006, 09:12 AM
"Carson Palmer only beat us one time, so he should hate us," said linebacker Larry Foote, who knows the Steelers are 4-1 against the Bengals in the Palmer era. "I'd hate a team, too, if I only beat them one time and (lost) in the playoffs."

I asked Foote to gauge the Bengals' bitterness toward the Kimo von Oelhoffen hit that blew out Palmer's knee early in the Steelers' playoff victory.

"They self-destructed and started crying," Foote said. "But, you know, that's the game. People get hurt. You just have to get yourself together, get your composure. They lost it. ... When teams are forcing your will on you, it's going to make you do crazy stuff."

Thank you Larry Foote.

tony hipchest
05-25-2006, 10:13 AM
shouldnt this thread say "Palmer Sounds Soft" ????

I disagree Tony. When we do our hand-to-hand drills, or even play racquetball, one of the things I try to do is to get the opposition to get angry, to hate me for a few minutes. They tend to actually lose focus instead....then come the mistakes.

He's a great QB, no doubt about that. But the more he "hates" the Steelers and us, the fans, the more he will toss interceptions, or fumble, or misread a defense and then try to force a play. After that, comes the mental stigma....then we will truly own him as we own the rest of his conglomeration they call a Team. :buttkick: well i do like your take better. his overzealous hatred for the steelers could lead to a sense of indifference and complacency vs. the other teams in the division. heres to hoping youre right :cheers:

BB2W
05-25-2006, 12:33 PM
"Carson Palmer only beat us one time, so he should hate us," said linebacker Larry Foote, who knows the Steelers are 4-1 against the Bengals in the Palmer era. "I'd hate a team, too, if I only beat them one time and (lost) in the playoffs."

I asked Foote to gauge the Bengals' bitterness toward the Kimo von Oelhoffen hit that blew out Palmer's knee early in the Steelers' playoff victory.

"They self-destructed and started crying," Foote said. "But, you know, that's the game. People get hurt. You just have to get yourself together, get your composure. They lost it. ... When teams are forcing your will on you, it's going to make you do crazy stuff."

Cornerback Ike Taylor didn't know quite what to make of Palmer's comments.

"Wow," Taylor said. "He said he hates the Steelers? That's pretty much a strong statement, but, hey, everybody's entitled to their own opinion."

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_455323.html

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 02:55 PM

:rofl: :hasign:

SteelCityMan786
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer sounds off on the Pittsburgh Steelers and his surgeon in the new issue of Sports Illustrated, which hits stands on Wednesday.

In the cover story written by Michael Silver, Palmer also describes the scene at Paul Brown Stadium on Jan. 8, when he suffered a knee injury on his first pass of the game, a 66-yard completion to Chris Henry.

"Just an eerie, awkward feeling," Palmer said of being back in the locker room, then leaving the stadium with the game still going. "It seemed like only five minutes had passed since I'd been on that field, and my teammates were still out there battling - I could hear the crowd as I was driving away, and I was listening to them talk about me on the radio."

Palmer also discussed watching the Steelers make their way through the playoffs to an eventual Super Bowl victory.

"I hate (the Steelers)," Palmer told Sports Illustrated. "I keep thinking about how much, back in college, I hated UCLA. I hate the Steelers more than I hate UCLA. Yeah, it's because I'm jealous and I want what they have. I guess I'm just not that evolved."

link: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/SPT02/305230015

Palmer is just jealous. he has a case of idioticy

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Yep let him keep on hating us..keep on trying to hurry back from his injury... all he's gonna do is set back his recovery by rushing it and get himself so torqued up each time he plays us it'll be easier to get him out of his game and out of his comfort zone.

clevestinks
05-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Palmer is just jealous. he has a case of idioticy
Agreed he is just a hater! Hate the Game not the Player

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 11:49 AM

STOP THE PRESSES!
This guy and his racquetball tricks translate into how things will play out on Sundays. It's not like Carson is going to be stomping around pissed while he's on the field, dipshit. It's called MOTIVATION. I can't wait. If Carson is healthy, he is going to light you guys up. It's going to be sick, maybe 400 yards. You guys talk an awful lot of smack about the Bengals for a team that lost the division to them. I know, I know, you won the Super Bowl and beat the Bengals without Carson. But over a 16 game season, WHILE CARSON WAS HEALTHY, you finished behind the "shitty" Bengals. Oh, I know, your schedule was supposedly harder ..... you 2-4 vs. playoff teams in the regular season, the Bengals were 2-3.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
STOP THE PRESSES!
This guy and his racquetball tricks translate into how things will play out on Sundays. It's not like Carson is going to be stomping around pissed while he's on the field, dipshit. It's called MOTIVATION. I can't wait. If Carson is healthy, he is going to light you guys up. It's going to be sick, maybe 400 yards. You guys talk an awful lot of smack about the Bengals for a team that lost the division to them. I know, I know, you won the Super Bowl and beat the Bengals without Carson. But over a 16 game season, WHILE CARSON WAS HEALTHY, you finished behind the "shitty" Bengals. Oh, I know, your schedule was supposedly harder ..... you 2-4 vs. playoff teams in the regular season, the Bengals were 2-3. you talk alot of shit for a fan of a team that sucks. in case you forgot, you root for the bengals. so you have one afc north crown to crow about in the last 15 years. big deal. get it all out of your system now. an 8-8 season is a posibility with palmer missing time next year, but after that, the offensive line leaves and its back to suckdom for you all.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2006, 12:10 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!
This guy and his racquetball tricks translate into how things will play out on Sundays. It's not like Carson is going to be stomping around pissed while he's on the field, dipshit. It's called MOTIVATION. I can't wait. If Carson is healthy, he is going to light you guys up. It's going to be sick, maybe 400 yards. You guys talk an awful lot of smack about the Bengals for a team that lost the division to them. I know, I know, you won the Super Bowl and beat the Bengals without Carson. But over a 16 game season, WHILE CARSON WAS HEALTHY, you finished behind the "shitty" Bengals. Oh, I know, your schedule was supposedly harder ..... you 2-4 vs. playoff teams in the regular season, the Bengals were 2-3.

Thats it I can't take this crap no more from the Bengals and their fans. Stop with bringing up the fact that Carson Palmer got hurt in the playoff game. News flash genius the only reason your sorry ass excuse for a football team won the AFC North is Ben was injured for four games during the season. Tommy Maddox lost games for us against the Jaqs and Ravens. I think if Ben would have played in both of them games the Steelers would have at least won one of them. Then you know what the Steelers would have won the division. So stop the what if game.

I don't bring up crap like that. Injuries happen in the NFL. Only reason I mentioned it is you whining ass Bengals fans won't let the Carson injury go. Plus so what your Bengals won the AFC North big deal. Not that impressive to Steelers fan. How many times has Bill Cowher won the AFC central/north crown in his career? I think 8 times and now he has a Super Bowl ring. How many of those do the Bengals have. A big fat zero. Win a playoff game then talk to me. Until then the Bengals as the division champs are still looking up at the Steelers. I'm out and peace.

BBC
05-26-2006, 02:46 PM
you 2-4 vs. playoff teams in the regular season, the Bengals were 2-3.

How did the two teams do in the actual playoffs? That's right, the Steelers were 3-0, and the Bengals were 0-1.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 04:08 PM
must read for bengal fan:

*tosses bengalfan a bone*

"here fido, chew on this"

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0615.html

Hines86Ward
05-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey Bengal Fan...

QUIT YOUR CRYING!
http://www.bengals.com/assets/default/johnsonc_colts02.jpg

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 07:42 PM
you talk alot of shit for a fan of a team that sucks. in case you forgot, you root for the bengals. so you have one afc north crown to crow about in the last 15 years. big deal. get it all out of your system now. an 8-8 season is a posibility with palmer missing time next year, but after that, the offensive line leaves and its back to suckdom for you all.

When are people going to get off the last 15 years? What does that have to do with anything. There are only like 3 guys who were even on the team 4 years ago.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Thats it I can't take this crap no more from the Bengals and their fans. Stop with bringing up the fact that Carson Palmer got hurt in the playoff game. News flash genius the only reason your sorry ass excuse for a football team won the AFC North is Ben was injured for four games during the season. Tommy Maddox lost games for us against the Jaqs and Ravens. I think if Ben would have played in both of them games the Steelers would have at least won one of them. Then you know what the Steelers would have won the division. So stop the what if game.

I don't bring up crap like that. Injuries happen in the NFL.

I don't care that you won the Super Bowl, seriously congratulations. I mean that. I'm just saying you didn't beat the Bengals with their best player. What's so wrong with that? It's not whining, it's a fact. You won the game, good for you, but you certainly didn't get our best shot. Is that so hard to recognize? You brag and brag, and say injuries are a part of the game. And you're right, but at least acknowledge that not having Palmer is a big deal. If you can't give me that, you don't know football. The guy lead the NFL in TD's, completion percentage, 2nd in rating, and like 5th in yards. Throw in the fact that he was the NFL's Fed Ex "Air" player of the year, and I'd say that's a pretty significant loss. I'm not complaining that we lost, I'm trying to get one of you, anyone, to admit that the Bengals weren't at full strength. It would have been a completely different game with Palmer.

1 for 1, 66 yards.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 07:50 PM
1 for 1, 66 yards.

almost sounds like randle els stats in the sb but his toss actually went for a td

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 08:12 PM
When are people going to get off the last 15 years? What does that have to do with anything. when are you bengalfans gonna quit denying the past 15 years like they didnt exist. holy shit! your team went 11-5. you know how many teams have gone 11-5? the only people impressed with that are bengal fans who have been submerged in a culture of losing. you went 11-5 with your franchise qb starting all 16 games. if your team were an elite one, like all you bengalfans would have us believe, they wouldve done much better than that. if your team were sb calibur, they wouldve been able to advance in the playoffs with arguably one of the best back-up quarterbacks in the league. remember when the rams and patriots lost THEIR starting qb, but were still able to advance in the playoffs? fact is, your young immature team cracked under the pressure. they wouldve done that with or without carson on the field. the culture of losing simply got to them. theyre not that good. k.c. beat you, when alot was on the line. they cracked then too. keep thumping your chest about an 11-5 season. fans of teams that have gone 15-1 (with the back-up ROOKIE qb) simply laugh.

next.

Motley Nate
05-26-2006, 08:37 PM
when are you bengalfans gonna quit denying the past 15 years like they didnt exist. holy shit! your team went 11-5. you know how many teams have gone 11-5? the only people impressed with that are bengal fans who have been submerged in a culture of losing. you went 11-5 with your franchise qb starting all 16 games. if your team were an elite one, like all you bengalfans would have us believe, they wouldve done much better than that. if your team were sb calibur, they wouldve been able to advance in the playoffs with arguably one of the best back-up quarterbacks in the league. remember when the rams and patriots lost THEIR starting qb, but were still able to advance in the playoffs? fact is, your young immature team cracked under the pressure. they wouldve done that with or without carson on the field. the culture of losing simply got to them. theyre not that good. k.c. beat you, when alot was on the line. they cracked then too. keep thumping your chest about an 11-5 season. fans of teams that have gone 15-1 (with the back-up ROOKIE qb) simply laugh.

next.
Tony... Steeler fans suffered through the 80's like Bengals suffered through the 90's and the Browns have suffered since 1964 :boxing: . Both teams are on the rise.... while Cleveland is still in the shitter.

The best part is the fan base.... both think their team is unstoppable. Both hate each other with a passion. Both bicker in May like it's December. But both enjoy 2 wins against the Browns each year.

Everybody is an expert. Only one is a hipchest.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Everybody is an expert. Only one is a hipchest.:sofunny:

thats the thing. not until the steelers won the superbowl, or atleast lead the league with a 15-1 season on the shoulders of an excellent rookie qb, did the steelerfans think their team was unstoppable. steelers have frequently led the league in rushing and defense to boot. but what have the bengals done?

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 09:02 PM
theyre not that good. k.c. beat you, when alot was on the line

KC beat us with Palmer on the bench dildo. Maybe you forgot, but we clinched the division week 15. Palmer played like 1 series.

And if you honestly believe that the Bengals "are not that good", you're retarded. Yea, we played 15 games with our starting QB, but we also played 17 games without either of our starting safeties.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 09:03 PM
almost sounds like randle els stats in the sb but his toss actually went for a td

Too bad that little gimick is in Washington. How many TD's did he throw in the playoffs? No more of that garbage, your team took a step back this offseason whether you can see it through your blinders or not.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
when are you bengalfans gonna quit denying the past 15 years like they didnt exist. holy shit! your team went 11-5. you know how many teams have gone 11-5? the only people impressed with that are bengal fans who have been submerged in a culture of losing. you went 11-5 with your franchise qb starting all 16 games. if your team were an elite one, like all you bengalfans would have us believe, they wouldve done much better than that. if your team were sb calibur, they wouldve been able to advance in the playoffs with arguably one of the best back-up quarterbacks in the league. remember when the rams and patriots lost THEIR starting qb, but were still able to advance in the playoffs? fact is, your young immature team cracked under the pressure. they wouldve done that with or without carson on the field. the culture of losing simply got to them. theyre not that good. k.c. beat you, when alot was on the line. they cracked then too. keep thumping your chest about an 11-5 season. fans of teams that have gone 15-1 (with the back-up ROOKIE qb) simply laugh.

next.

Jesus Christ, you win 1 Super Bowl in 25 years and you're gods now? Go join a New England messageboard and you'll understand how Bengals fans feel listening to your garbage. They'd laugh your sorry asses right out of the thread. You're still their bitches, and you're lucky you didn't have to play them last year.

dawson36
05-26-2006, 09:11 PM
they just have to shut the **** up!! we beat them!! i cant wait to mess them up again this year espicially when we have big ben and holmes thats going to be a perfect match and connection its not even going to be funny

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 09:14 PM
fact is, your young immature team cracked under the pressure. they wouldve done that with or without carson on the field. the culture of losing simply got to them.

Again, none of these guys know anything about the culture, the majority of them have been here less than 4 years. Marvin cleaned house when he came here, so don't give me anymore BS about 15 years of losing. I'm not defending it or acting like it didn't happen, it sucked ass. But a lot has changed since then, proven by the fact that Marvin hasn't even had a losing season yet, in 3 years. That should be evidence enough that those days are behind us.

I didn't quote it, but someone said we should have won because we had the one of the best back-up QB's in the NFL. That's hilarious, you mean the 34th or 35th best QB should have put the rest of the team on his back like Carson does? That's laughable. It's one thing to lose a key player, it's another to lose your franchise player and MVP candidate. You're lucky as hell that fat bastard tore up Carson's knee, and you know it. You know what's funny is that all the Bengals fans and players are chomping at the bit to play Pittsburgh, but I have to believe Steelers fans are a little bit worried because of all the trash they've talked. And there is still that doubt lingering about whether or not they could have beat the Bengals with Palmer.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 09:16 PM
KC beat us with Palmer on the bench dildo. Maybe you forgot, but we clinched the division week 15. Palmer played like 1 series.

And if you honestly believe that the Bengals "are not that good", you're retarded. Yea, we played 15 games with our starting QB, but we also played 17 games without either of our starting safeties."dildo"????

LMAO! listen here "assplug" did your qb not start all 16 games? are you in denial or just illiterate?

your 3rd wr is a criminal who will be locked up. whats your point?

try addressing some of the points i smacked you upside the head with, instead of using diversionary topics like bringing randle el into every conversation. the way you slob his knob, one would think hes your god or something. he was a #3 wr. :busted:

pathetic.

dawson36
05-26-2006, 09:17 PM
oh screw you man you know we would MESS you up soo BAD you would shit your pants!!

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
but I have to believe Steelers fans are a little bit worried because of all the trash they've talked. And there is still that doubt lingering about whether or not they could have beat the Bengals with Palmer.

reality check (once again) steelerfans dont talk trash cause theyre worried. they talk trash cause theyre fans of the best team in the league. you or your team aint shit. thats how it was, is, and will be.

consider this lesson free of charge.

Hines86Ward
05-26-2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.lairdslair.com/images/bengalssuck.gif

CantStop85
05-26-2006, 09:44 PM
oh screw you man you know we would MESS you up soo BAD you would shit your pants!!
I bet you won't hit him.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 09:52 PM
you'll understand how Bengals fans feel listening to your garbage. They'd laugh your sorry asses right out of the thread. You're still their bitches, and you're lucky you didn't have to play them last year. if you wanna start talking about bengals fans feelings, i suggest you take that shit to a dr. phil or oprah message board.

see theres a difference. while the steelers took the patriots to the brink and actually hosted afc champ games, they threw the bengals in the toilet like used condoms.

"how Bengals fans feel"???? :sofunny: what kind of pity are you seeking?

Hines86Ward
05-26-2006, 09:54 PM
"how Bengals fans feel"???? :sofunny: what kind of pity are you seeking?

He's still at a loss of words after what happened in that wildcard game. For some reason he thought that the Bengals would put up 30 points a game, make it to the Super Bowl, and win their first Lombardi.....oh wait, he's been on Chad Johnson's **** for the past 3 years.

SteelerzGirl
05-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't care that you won the Super Bowl, seriously congratulations. I mean that. I'm just saying you didn't beat the Bengals with their best player.

Actually, the Steelers did beat the Bengals with their best player. Palmer did play in the wild card game, but the Steelers took him out! And quite quickly I might add. So, sorry... Bengals suck! Game over!

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Actually, the Steelers did beat the Bengals with their best player. Palmer did play in the wild card game, but the Steelers took him out! And quite quickly I might add. So, sorry... Bengals suck! Game over!

And if his one pass was any indication of how he would have played over 4 quarters, you would have been in deep shit.

Hines86Ward
05-26-2006, 10:55 PM
And if his one pass was any indication of how he would have played over 4 quarters, you would have been in deep shit.

Quit saying "if".....it already happened, get over it

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Oh, my mistake, he did start against the Chiefs and played one series. My bad. You said they lost, so I thought it was worth mentioning. That was hardly a fair representation of how good the team is. It was no different than Indy dropping their final 3 games. You can't use a game where the starters were rested as an example of how good a team is. At least we had that luxury. The Steelers had a great run in the playoffs, but I don't think they were the best team in the NFL. Eiether way, the Steelers peaked, and the Bengals are yet to do so. They're young, with hardly any playoff experience. They have more of an upside than the Steelers.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Quit saying "if".....it already happened, get over it

Should I just act as if the injury never happened? Whether you like it or not, we were without our best player. I know that if we had beaten the Steelers without Ben in the lineup, I'd have some questions. I'd certainly know we didn't get your best shot. That's what you and your fans can't or won't realize. You beat a team that relied on offense that didn't have one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL, congrats. I can't believe no one will accept that.

Hines86Ward
05-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Should I just act as if the injury never happened? Whether you like it or not, we were without our best player. I know that if we had beaten the Steelers without Ben in the lineup, I'd have some questions. I'd certainly know we didn't get your best shot. That's what you and your fans can't or won't realize. You beat a team that relied on offense that didn't have one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL, congrats. I can't believe no one will accept that.

It's 4 months old now, get over it & move on......There's a new season coming every year

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh, my mistake, he did start against the Chiefs and played one series. My bad. You said they lost, so I thought it was worth mentioning. That was hardly a fair representation of how good the team is. It was no different than Indy dropping their final 3 games. You can't use a game where the starters were rested as an example of how good a team is.

i cant????? try checking out the steelers final game of the 2004 season, capping off a 15-1 season before you continue on with this verbal diahrea.

a good team consists of more than just 1 qb, 1 rb, and 1 wr. a great team consists of 53 men. the bengals are clearly outmatched and out classed in those regards. they choked worse than the colts last year. after all, they did have the lead going into halftime before chad threw his hissy and kitna had to go hold carsons hand during halftime. :sissies:

get over it "if" boy.

Bengal Fan
05-26-2006, 11:21 PM
i cant????? try checking out the steelers final game of the 2004 season, capping off a 15-1 season before you continue on with this verbal diahrea.

What does that even mean? So you rested your starters, great. If you really believe a team resting its starters should play as well as when the starters are in, you're a fool. Your argument makes no sense. I'm starting to question your level of education, if you're even out of highschool yet.

CantStop85
05-26-2006, 11:27 PM
There's still plenty of room on the bandwagon. :cheers:
I take it back...the bandwagon's full...PLEASE no more. :dang:

MattsMe
05-26-2006, 11:33 PM
:sign09:

BBC
05-26-2006, 11:50 PM

Ben played against the Bengals in Pittsburgh with a cast on his thumb under his glove. Did you get our best shot? No. Are any Steelers fans bitching about you "not admitting it"? No.

BBC
05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Oh, my mistake, he did start against the Chiefs and played one series. My bad. You said they lost, so I thought it was worth mentioning. That was hardly a fair representation of how good the team is. It was no different than Indy dropping their final 3 games. You can't use a game where the starters were rested as an example of how good a team is. At least we had that luxury. The Steelers had a great run in the playoffs, but I don't think they were the best team in the NFL. Eiether way, the Steelers peaked, and the Bengals are yet to do so. They're young, with hardly any playoff experience. They have more of an upside than the Steelers.

How about your defense letting Larry Johnson torch them for over 200 yards? Did that have anything to do with Carson sitting out?

Motley Nate
05-27-2006, 05:58 PM
How about your defense letting Larry Johnson torch them for over 200 yards? Did that have anything to do with Carson sitting out?
Am I the only person in Bengaldom that knows that Carson Palmer is a QUARTERBACK?!

BBC
05-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Am I the only person in Bengaldom that knows that Carson Palmer is a QUARTERBACK?!

I think you're the only one that will believe it. Everyone else would like to believe he's a Quarterback, Linebacker, Kicker, Cornerback, Halfback, Lineman...

CantStop85
05-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah of course we know he's a quarterback...the guy that covers the opposing team's wide receivers. We're not that stupid, sheesh, give us a little bit of credit.

Motley Nate
05-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah of course we know he's a quarterback...the guy that covers the opposing team's wide receivers. We're not that stupid, sheesh, give us a little bit of credit.
Damn you Carson Kaesviharn.

Tankus_Maximus
05-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Jesus christ, you'd think Carson was the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. Yeah he's had some flashes in the pan, but the reality is he buckled like a belt with the slightest of hits. IF he had stayed in the game, IF our best player was on the field, IF Jon Kitna didn't suck ass, IF, IF, IF's!!! What about: IF Carson wasn't as soft as the Pillsbury Doughboy! He should take a lesson from Big Ben when dealing with intestinal fortitude.

Another thing, Chad Johnson like's to talk about "who's gonna cover 85"....when was the last time he did anything against the Steelers? Ike Taylor's got his number.

Scoreboard says:

5 RINGS TO 0.

CantStop85
05-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah he's had some flashes in the pan, but the reality is he buckled like a belt with the slightest of hits.
Last time I checked it was pretty hard to play after tearing two ligaments in your knee.

He should take a lesson from Big Ben when dealing with intestinal fortitude.
Yeah, because I'm sure if Ben had suffered a near career ending injury, he would've stepped right back in the game and led his team to victory regardless.

Tankus_Maximus
05-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Ben's gotten whacked around and still lead his team to victory (that Dallas game 2 years back).

All I'm sayin is anybody named "Carson" is destined to be soft.

IF (there's that word again) Jon Kitna (wasn't he the starter b4 CP?) didn't suck ass through a straw perhaps it might've been a competitive game. Hell Batch showed he can step up and fill in where needed.

Bengals fans need a serious reality check, 1 decent season compared to 5 super bowl rings is like comparing horse manure to fillet mignon.

CantStop85
05-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Ben's gotten whacked around and still lead his team to victory (that Dallas game 2 years back).
What part of "two torn ligaments" do you not understand?

IF (there's that word again) Jon Kitna (wasn't he the starter b4 CP?) didn't suck ass through a straw perhaps it might've been a competitive game. Hell Batch showed he can step up and fill in where needed.
Actually I agree with you there. But I am obligated to mention Tommy Maddox.

Tankus_Maximus
05-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I fully understand two torn ligaments. I just don't feel any sympathy for it. Injuries are a part of the game. The Steelers knocked your soft qb out. It's part of the game. Maybe it's bad genetics on Palmer's part, cuz the hit didn't look that bad, I just think Carson's a *****. It's happened to us many a time, the game in San Diego where Castillo put the crown of his helmet on Ben's shin comes to mind, but like a TRUE CHAMPION, Ben sucked it up and put his team in a position to WIN. Carson can have his heisman, and his "team on the rise" label, but Ben's already got a ring. And that's something that's no Bengal fan can ever change.

As far as Maddox, don't forget that guy went 13-3 and with a stable O-Line he's a far more efficient QB than Kitna. I don't know what happened to Maddox this year, coming into this year I felt confident with Ben & Tommy, but Tommy just plain ol' sucked this year.

"What part of 5 Super Bowl championships, compared to 0 (zero) don't you understand?"

Black@Gold Forever32
05-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow dude hold up. Carson had a possible career ending injury. There is nothing soft about that. Come I don't like the Bengals either but I didn't like seeing Palmer get injured like that. Can I ask have you ever torn any of your knee ligaments? I have when I played football in high school. It wasn't a fun injury let me tell and I only tore my ACL. I think Carson tore more then just one.

As for Ben yea that was a nasty hit he suffered against the Bolts. But if you get hit around the knee you hope you get hit in the front like Ben did instead of where Carson got hit.

One thing also when did Tommy Maddox ever go 13-3 as a starter. In 2002 and 2003 thats when Tommy got the majority of his starts with the Steelers. The Steelers were 10-5-1 in 2002 and 6-10 in 2003. So your wrong about Tommy.

Tankus_Maximus
05-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I got Tommy's #'s mixed up with Kordell's last year. My bad. I was drinkin heavily then, so it's kind of a blur. Again. My bad.

Carson's still soft.

Motley Nate
05-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I got Tommy's #'s mixed up with Kordell's last year. My bad. I was drinkin heavily then, so it's kind of a blur. Again. My bad.

Carson's still soft.
You must still be.

:cheers:

We'll find out if he's soft or not when he gets back. If he steps up in the 999 Seam, I'd suggest he's not.

:cool:

clevestinks
05-30-2006, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE=Black and Gold Forever 32]Wow dude hold up. Carson had a possible career ending injury. There is nothing soft about that. Come I don't like the Bengals either but I didn't like seeing Palmer get injured like that. Can I ask have you ever torn any of your knee ligaments? I have when I played football in high school. It wasn't a fun injury let me tell and I only tore my ACL. I think Carson tore more then just one.

QUOTE]
Good takes BGF32, I agree totally

Tankus_Maximus
05-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Oh god, here we go with the "Al Bundy High-school football hero/injury" sympathy card. lol

The man brought this on himself when he put it in print that he "hates" the Steelers.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Black and Gold Forever 32]Wow dude hold up. Carson had a possible career ending injury. There is nothing soft about that. Come I don't like the Bengals either but I didn't like seeing Palmer get injured like that. Can I ask have you ever torn any of your knee ligaments? I have when I played football in high school. It wasn't a fun injury let me tell and I only tore my ACL. I think Carson tore more then just one.

QUOTE]
Good takes BGF32, I agree totally

Hey I don't like the Bengals and I'm starting not to like Carson Palmer. But calling Carson soft like our Steelers friend is going is just wrong. I call it as I see it. I always have done that. Sometimes it rubs people the wrong way but thats how I am.:bouncy:

Anways man thanks for having my back.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Oh god, here we go with the "Al Bundy High-school football hero/injury" sympathy card. lol

The man brought this on himself when he put it in print that he "hates" the Steelers.

Ok I'm not trying to sound like Al Bundy. If I was trying to sound like Al I would have said I scored four touchdowns in one game. My point was you were calling Carson soft. I have suffered a ligament tear in my knee before. So I kind of relate to what Carson is going through. Also I don't like seeing any player hurt like that. But whatever man you have your opinions and thats fine.

Tankus_Maximus
05-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Wow, I must've touched a nerve to get back-to-back posts in the span of 3 minutes. Anyways, I have utter disdain & hatred for any team lining up opposite the Steelers. Especially someone who comes out in print claiming their hatred for my beloved Steelers.
Even more so especially for a divisional rival!

If Carson wants to hate someone he should hate his OT who blocked Kimo into him!
I hope they hit him so hard he starts to convulse before getting under center, matter of fact...I hope they break his stick again so the rest of Cincy can cry the "If-game" for the rest of their existence!

Remember boys & girls, this is the same clown who uttered the infamous "put a hurtin', on the Steel Curtain" with the rest of his "alleged" QB's before their lone victory over us at home.

Carson's always been soft, always will be soft. To borrow a line from a fellow Steelers fan..."7 ate 9".

MAN-O-STEEL
05-31-2006, 10:43 AM
I sometimes think Carson has misdirected his anger toward us, when he should be looking in the mirror. I do believe that in the last 3 games of the season the Bengals were playing for the #2 seed. In their last 3 games they 1. struggled against the Browns(who by the way we put an a s s whipping on the next week 41-0). 2. lost to the BILLS, the BILLS! and 3. lost to KC. Cincy had the chance to be the #2 seed and BLEW IT!!!! if they had the #2 seed they wouldn't even have been playing the STEELERS. Cincy has no one to blame but themselves. I also recall "mouth" Johnson:blah: saying they would score at least 30 points a game for the rest of the year. I think they only did it once?!?! :dang:

SteelerFanInCA
05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
I guess everyone hates you when you are good. For the bungles the game was over at half time. Had they played an entire 60 minutes then maybe we would be talking about an entirely different scenario. Either way, you guys had plenty of chances to win with or with out peg leg carson.

ARKIESTEEL
05-31-2006, 04:18 PM

http://i4.tinypic.com/10n9ap1.jpg

All i can think of ever time i see this picture is aint that a great place to drop a hair dryer.

I know we should love them and hope they come back 110% but they keep on and on with this guy. I just Know somewhere Joey Porter is reading SI eating a bowl of frosted flakes saying keep counting them days Carson i will be there.

Why does he need all this rehab he has already gotten KIMO- therapy. I know that wasnt nice either couldnt help it I am sorry

Motley Nate
05-31-2006, 06:18 PM
All i can think of ever time i see this picture is aint that a great place to drop a hair dryer.

I know we should love them and hope they come back 110% but they keep on and on with this guy. I just Know somewhere Joey Porter is reading SI eating a bowl of frosted flakes saying keep counting them days Carson i will be there.

Why does he need all this rehab he has already gotten KIMO- therapy. I know that wasnt nice either couldnt help it I am sorry
:coffee:

"Blast" Furnace or "Repeat" Furnace?

clevestinks
05-31-2006, 07:50 PM
I hoestly hope that Palmer is rehad, and ready day one. If we are going to battle, then let all the pieces be there

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
I hoestly hope that Palmer is rehad, and ready day one. If we are going to battle, then let all the pieces be there

I agree and I hope Carson is ready to go also. No fun in beating Anthony Wright or whatever QB the Bengals send out there if Carson isn't ready. Ok I lied it will still be fun to beat them who ever the QB is. But having Carson healthy and starting makes it sweeter. The Steelers/Bengals games are going to very fun to watch this year.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Watch,there is gonna be at least one fight this year.I can see James Harrison getting on the field and TJ HouzurdaddytheSteelersarebeotch ending up getting the crap beat outta him.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Watch,there is gonna be at least one fight this year.I can see James Harrison getting on the field and TJ HouzurdaddytheSteelersarebeotch ending up getting the crap beat outta him.

I hope TJ gets the crap beat out of him. Of all the Bengals I hate TJ the most. I don't know what it is. He just rubs me the wrong way. I actually find CJ funny. The reason why. With all the crap CJ talks about us and then him not backing it up against us it makes him look like a complete ass.:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-31-2006, 08:24 PM
I hope TJ gets the crap beat out of him. Of all the Bengals I hate TJ the most. I don't know what it is. He just rubs me the wrong way. I actually find CJ funny. The reason why. With all the crap CJ talks about us and then him not backing it up against us it makes him look like a complete ass.:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Yeah,CJ isn't bad,he's entertaining.However TJ is just an ass riding on CJ's coat tails.TJ hasn't proven anything yet in his career besides that he might have the longest name in NFL history.CJ has proven he's a top 3 reciever,and backs up 95% of his smack talk.When TJ talks,he just gets smacked.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah,CJ isn't bad,he's entertaining.However TJ is just an ass riding on CJ's coat tails.TJ hasn't proven anything yet in his career besides that he might have the longest name in NFL history.CJ has proven he's a top 3 reciever,and backs up 95% of his smack talk.When TJ talks,he just gets smacked.

I agree.

Yep CJ is a top reciever in the NFL. You have to respect his talent as a football player. But TJ is just a punk. I can't stand that guy.

BBC
05-31-2006, 08:38 PM

I couldn't agree more, at least when Chad talks, he is one of the top receivers in the league. TJ on the other hand, has done nothing, yet still talks as if he has the talent of Jerry Rice. He reminds me a lot of Freddy Mitchell. Hopefully he'll face the same fate as good ole' FredEx.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I couldn't agree more, at least when Chad talks, he is one of the top receivers in the league. TJ on the other hand, has done nothing, yet still talks as if he has the talent of Jerry Rice. He reminds me a lot of Freddy Mitchell. Hopefully he'll face the same fate as good ole' FredEx.

Fred Ex the peoples champ. What a complete clown.

CantStop85
05-31-2006, 08:59 PM
"I'd just like to thank my hands for being so great." -The Late, Great Freddie Mitchell

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 09:14 PM
douchmanzadeh has shown me more talents as a shoe shine boy in an airport, than an nfl wr.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
He catches a mean TD pass, though, as long as he gets to beat the CB into the ground and not get called for it...

Motley Nate
05-31-2006, 09:44 PM
I just like to read about how much you guys hate them.

:rofl:

Fans make the game much more fun on both sides of the ball.

Bengal fans hate Porter's mouth for running during the playoff game ("I'm tired of kicking your @ss.") and Steeler fans hate TJ's mouth for running during Game 2 ("I told you all, gimme a towel, gimme a towel, I'm going to shine my shoes with it."). And NFL Films is there to tape it for bulletin board material for each fanbase.

Puppets, aren't we all?

Motley Nate
05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
How do you piss off a Bengal fan?

Answer:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Who-Dey%3F!?v=QIPJ8zIzFPQ&search=joey+porter

How do you piss off a Steeler fan?

Answer:

http://i2.tinypic.com/11ah8nq.jpg

How do you piss off a Browns fan?

http://www.gridiron-pool.com/Lombardi-trophy.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM

Fans make the game much more fun on both sides of the ball.

Bengal fans hate Porter's mouth for running during the playoff game ("I'm tired of kicking your @ss.") and Steeler fans hate TJ's mouth for running during Game 2 ("I told you all, gimme a towel, gimme a towel, I'm going to shine my shoes with it."). And NFL Films is there to tape it for bulletin board material for each fanbase.

Puppets, aren't we all?

Funny thing is I never really hated the Bengals before. I always have hated the Browns, Ravens, Oiliers/Titans and the Jaqs when they were in the central. But never the Bengals but now that the rivalry is getting heated up I totally hate them.

83-Steelers-43
05-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Personally, Palmer's comment did not bother me. So he hates us....there's shocking news. I didn't expect him to state that he loves us. At least he (unlike the "fans?") admitted he was jealous instead of making idiotic statements out of pure jealousy and lack of knowledge (like a large number of newly formed Bengal fans that popped up this past season).

As stated in another post pertaining to Palmer, I give the guy credit for never stating Kimo's hit was a cheap shot. You have to respect that. While some idiots on that roster and many of the so-called fans in Cincinnati were screaming "cheap shot", Palmer was stating that injuries are part of the game. Give credit where credit is due.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 10:09 PM
sports illustrated should do an article on how much we hate them.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM

That would be one long article. More like a novel.

Motley Nate
05-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Why not, everybody else hates the Bengals.

Being a Bengals fan does come with a requirement of thicker skin.

Motley Nate
05-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Personally, Palmer's comment did not bother me. So he hates us....there's shocking news. I didn't expect him to state that he loves us. At least he (unlike the "fans?") admitted he was jealous instead of making idiotic statements out of pure jealousy and lack of knowledge (like a large number of newly formed Bengal fans that popped up this past season).

As stated in another post pertaining to Palmer, I give the guy credit for never stating Kimo's hit was a cheap shot. You have to respect that. While some idiots on that roster and many of the so-called fans in Cincinnati were screaming "cheap shot", Palmer was stating that injuries are part of the game. Give credit where credit is due.
Good post.

That's what being a "hunter" is all about. It's what drives your desire to get to the top: you want what the person above you has. Once you get there, you then become the "hunted".

ARKIESTEEL
06-01-2006, 07:40 AM
:coffee:

"Blast" Furnace or "Repeat" Furnace?

Man I was just messing with you guys I realy do hope Carson comes back. You do have to admit you guys (bengal fans) dont catch it as bad as we do at your place.

Tankus_Maximus
06-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Bengal fan can cry cheap hit, but the fact is the OT blocked Kimo INTO Carson!

That's a sweet Kreider banner.

ARKIESTEEL
06-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks BB2W made it for me when it comes to stuff like that he is the MAN

Tankus_Maximus
06-02-2006, 07:20 PM
yeah, he made mine too. Makes ya envious of his photoshop skills. He's like Yoda on that thing.

Steel Pit
06-08-2006, 05:12 AM
I HATE Carson, I HATE the Bengals, I HATE Bengals fans but I will admit to this:
It sure as H E L L wouldn't be as much fun if they weren't around and I'm sure that Bengals fans will say the same of the Steelers.:boxing: