PDA

View Full Version : I'm Likeing Ryan Clark more and more!

BIGNASTY91
07-14-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820c08c1/article/clark-ravens-must-beat-steelers-regularly-to-make-it-a-rivalry?module=HP11_headline_stack

I'm likeing this guy more and more everyday, i cant wait till the first game of the season!!!
:tt03:

SacknificentStew56
07-14-2011, 10:34 AM
He's a very classy man who backs his talk up with his ferocious HITS!! I just read this article before logging on here.

DanRooney
07-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I love the way he carries himself as well. Too bad his coverage skills are pretty bad though.

tanda10506
07-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I love the way he carries himself as well. Too bad his coverage skills are pretty bad though.

He does need to improve on his coverage capabilities, that would really help out the pass defense. Unfortunately the big hits he's been laying down will be completely illegal this year. I know a lot of people don't agree, but that will affect his play.

thumper
07-14-2011, 01:44 PM
The thing that surprised me hearing Clark speak is how intelligent
he is. Bangers are not always the smartest dudes there are. But
he is obviously very intelligent and a great communicator. He has
a job in the media when he retires - no question about it. Not only
does he speak well, he offers quality insights. Any time he has
guest appeared on ESPN, First Take, with Skip Bayless, he has
done very well, going punch to punch with Skip, who is one of
the most insightful talking heads in all of sports.

ben2hines=6
07-14-2011, 08:17 PM
clarks coverage skills do not lack... it takes a special player to play along side polamalu because regardless of what the defensive play call is u dont know where hes gonna end up. along with his big hitting he is rarely out of position

davidtrout
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
clarks coverage skills do not lack... it takes a special player to play along side polamalu because regardless of what the defensive play call is u dont know where hes gonna end up. along with his big hitting he is rarely out of position

That's always been the case in LeBeau's defense, going back to the the Lake/Perry years. The FS is a sitting duck back there and a target for fan abuse and unfair criticism. Clark is exactly the type of player we need at FS. Tackling is priority number one because catches are going to be made no matter who we have.

DanRooney
07-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Clark is a great tackler and a very disciplined player, much like all of our players in the secondary. He's poor in coverage though mostly due to his lack of speed.

fer522
07-15-2011, 04:13 PM
"People try to make this game between the Ravens and the Steelers like so much of a rivalry, of a fight, you know," Clark told KDKA-FM in Pittsburgh. "You can say it's a rivalry if you like, but for something to be a rivalry, I think both teams have to win equally. The hate between the fans doesn't make it a rivalry. Teams have to win equally, and that really hasn't been the case in our situation."

that was beautiful :crying01:

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

steeltheone
07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Ryan Clark has been a very serviceable pickup by the Steelers...I'm afraid his best days are behind him though...I noticed a drop off last year..

ScreamingEagle
07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
We wouldn't have beat the Ravens in the playoffs without him. He is a great guy.:thumbsup:

DanRooney
07-17-2011, 03:28 AM
We might have beat the Packers without him.

55BaileyFan
07-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Clark is a great player. Clark's job is to pay attention to Troy and if he does something he is not suppose to then Clark covers his area and Troy's. He has been praised by Troy for that and I love the guy. He is a hard hitter and great tackler...love "The Lethal Weapon" Ryan Clark.

steeltheone
07-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Clark is a great player. Clark's job is to pay attention to Troy and if he does something he is not suppose to then Clark covers his area and Troy's. He has been praised by Troy for that and I love the guy. He is a hard hitter and great tackler...love "The Lethal Weapon" Ryan Clark.

Great player? Good player yes..great?.. nah