PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline - Bad news Steelers: Meet the NFL's newest outlaw team

Atlanta Dan
07-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Hard to argue after all the crap over the last several off seasons

The image of arguably the most proud, respected and accomplished franchise in all of sports is taking a major beating nonetheless.

Beating isn't the word. The image of the Steelers is transforming right before our eyes, and frankly it's truly sad. While franchises like the Bengals have been a joke, the Steelers have been the league's granite, the Rooney family seen as one of the cornerstones of the modern-era football team. There have, of course, been controversies involving the Steelers but nothing like the recent spate of incidents.

What's happening to Pittsburgh isn't just bad for them, it reverberates around the sport, sending waves throughout the NFL that aren't felt when teams like the Jaguars or Carolina Panthers have numerous players arrested.

"It's not good for us when a team like the Steelers have these issues," said one high-ranking team official, who asked not to be identified. "Right or wrong they're seen as one of the more wholesome teams in the NFL off the field. When that's not the case, it hurts our league."

Multiple NFL sources tell me Steelers owner Art Rooney II is waiting for more information on the arrest of Ward before rendering judgment. However, these same league sources say Rooney is infuriated with Harrison.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15318563/bad-news-steelers-meet-the-nfls-newest-outlaw-team

If I am Rooney & Tomlin I suspend Harrison and (depending what the evidence shows) maybe Ward for the Ravens season opener - this has to stop

:banging:

Farrior_roirraW
07-14-2011, 11:28 PM
If I am Rooney & Tomlin I suspend Harrison and (depending what the evidence shows) maybe Ward for the Ravens season opener - this has to stop

I agree. This shit is getting ridiculous.

stb_steeler
07-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Some one needs to drop the hammer quick......

DanRooney
07-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Troy seems to be the only player on the team that can stay out of trouble and keep his mouth shut.

55BaileyFan
07-17-2011, 07:22 AM
One thing is for certain, when the NFL gets the lockout dealt with Tomlin and Rooney will set all these guys aside and DESTROY them. They will get them all back in line...now if they could just keep Mendy from fumbling the ball and Ben from throwing picks.

thumper
07-17-2011, 12:45 PM
This is totally overblown and exaggerated. So some player tweets
something questioning if we heard "both sides of the story" with OBL,
and another ripping a commish who deserves to be ripped on and
another who was _charged_ (not found guilty of) drunk driving. Big
F-n deal. That hardly makes Pgh the new bad boys of the NFL. Give
me a break. That is f----c---c----king retarded.

OX1947
07-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Another attempt by society, newspapers and hacks of describing shit that EVERY human does. The hypocrisy in this country is so comical sometimes its just sad. People make mistakes, people pop off, people get excused of crap they didn't do. And that's in the real world. When it happens in the celebrity world, its magnified and judged like homicide. It's stupid and a waste of time.

My suggestion would be not to read or watch anything from BSPN unless its playing related. This tabloid world we have become is just getting to the point of worthlessness.

StainlessStill
07-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I'll defend the Steelers in every way, shape or form and HAVE been since I can remember with things like this. Lately, they have been making it VERY tough to defend them in these situations and quite frankly it pisses me off.

Sorry guys, but I'm disgusted in our team off the field right now. This article is right. Things need to stop!:banging: