PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Tickets

tanda10506
07-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I have been to some Steelers games before but I have never had to purchase the tickets myself. I would love to make it out there this year for the game against the Gaytriots or even better, the Ravens. Where is the best place to buy tickets? It looks like there are some good deals on ebay, has anybody here bought there tickets on ebay? Also, when I went the last few times my dad had bought the tickets and we were pretty close to the field. I was wondering how the view is from some of the upper seats? With work being slow I might not be able to swing the good seats. I'm in California by Angels stadium and the upper seat views are very good, but then at Chargers stadium, the view is not so good, that's why I ask. Any advice would be great, thanks.

steelerchad
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
I have been to some Steelers games before but I have never had to purchase the tickets myself. I would love to make it out there this year for the game against the Gaytriots or even better, the Ravens. Where is the best place to buy tickets? It looks like there are some good deals on ebay, has anybody here bought there tickets on ebay? Also, when I went the last few times my dad had bought the tickets and we were pretty close to the field. I was wondering how the view is from some of the upper seats? With work being slow I might not be able to swing the good seats. I'm in California by Angels stadium and the upper seat views are very good, but then at Chargers stadium, the view is not so good, that's why I ask. Any advice would be great, thanks.

I have seats in 509, row M. I've sat all over the place at Heinz and I like the upper level between the 20's, low row seats the best of any except sideline clubs. Lower endzones are the worst in my opinion. If you go lower level the higher the better. If you're too close to the field you can't see anything once they get past midfield going away from you.

The upper endzone bleachers will be the cheapest, but they are metal bleachers instead of seats with armrests. If you get a lower row in the upper level I think you'll be happy.

tanda10506
07-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I have seats in 509, row M. I've sat all over the place at Heinz and I like the upper level between the 20's, low row seats the best of any except sideline clubs. Lower endzones are the worst in my opinion. If you go lower level the higher the better. If you're too close to the field you can't see anything once they get past midfield going away from you.

The upper endzone bleachers will be the cheapest, but they are metal bleachers instead of seats with armrests. If you get a lower row in the upper level I think you'll be happy.

The upper level between the 20's, that's would be 520-527, which is behind the endzone? 520-527 are metal bleachers then?

thumper
07-15-2011, 03:18 PM
SCALP

steelerchad
07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
The upper level between the 20's, that's would be 520-527, which is behind the endzone? 520-527 are metal bleachers then?

When I said between the 20's, I meant yard line. That would be 508-513 and 532-537.
518-527 are the upper endzone bleachers.

tanda10506
07-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Ok, I thought you meant section numbers. The tickets are fair priced for those sections also, so I'm going to see if I can find a lower row in that section. I understand that the 520-527 section is metal bleachers, but if I have to settle for those, how will the view be?

steelerchad
07-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Ok, I thought you meant section numbers. The tickets are fair priced for those sections also, so I'm going to see if I can find a lower row in that section. I understand that the 520-527 section is metal bleachers, but if I have to settle for those, how will the view be?

If you get those the view will be fine. All things being equal, go for 521-524 in a single letter row and you'll be happy Those sections will give you a straight on angle from the endzone. You will like how you can see the pass plays open up from there.

55BaileyFan
07-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Ticketmaster still has some at base price (like 160 for two) in the uppers. Other than that scalp or pay and arm and a leg for low levels.

tanda10506
07-17-2011, 03:21 PM
It looks like Ebay is the place to buy them, but I better do it quick. Are the single letter rows lower? What do you guys mean by scalp, at the game? I don't want to fly all the way there and not be able to for sure get tickets.

StainlessStill
07-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Looks like some people already got it taken care-of but when I buy tix, I usually go about things on some secondary sites like a ticketmaster or a ticketstub type issue.

I've been to a plethora of Steelers games and have sittin' everywhere, below and above. Let me just say that you won't get the full blown on fan-experience unless you're up top! Love the 500 sections. Great view, rowdy fans and not hard to find. I say go up top. If I had to pick between the 100 sections or the 500's, I'm hiking. Good luck!

tanda10506
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
That's what I've decided on, the 500's, and I want seats. Are the 2 letter rows further back then the single letter rows? I'm assuming the higher up the alphabet you go, the further back the seats are?

thumper
07-18-2011, 05:20 PM
OK, I am going to take a totally different angle. If I go, I go luxury box, period.
Keep in mind, I only go to 1 game a year so it's easier to go full blown by
only paying for 1-2 tickets once a year. But we (buds and wife) that if you
are gonna bother going, go for the club seats and do it up right. We have
never regretted it.

tanda10506
07-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Ok thanks. Still would like to know about the row lettering though?? Also, are the parking prices out of control?

steelerchad
07-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Ok thanks. Still would like to know about the row lettering though?? Also, are the parking prices out of control?

Front row is row A. There is no row i. Upper level top row is LL.

Parking is expensive if you want to tailgate close to the stadium. All are sold out so you have to buy on the secondary. Gold will be around $100. Red lots are around $60. Blue lots around $45. If you don't want to tailgate you can park across the Clemente Bridge from PNC park for $5 in a garage on the corner there. It's a brisk 15 minute walk to the stadium. As another bonus you beat a lot of the traffic out after the game because you walk out of the traffic and then by the time you get to your car you are a little ahead of the game. I've sat in certain tailgate lots for 2 hours before trying to get out of the gridlock.