PDA

View Full Version : GQ: Pittsburgh Third Worst-Dressed City In U.S.

Deserei90
07-15-2011, 02:38 PM
PITTSBURGH -- According to GQ magazine, Pittsburgh is the third worst-dressed city in the U.S.

The magazine claims to have put their list together using an " irrefutable poll, we gathered, analyzed, and ranked."

In the column, GQ says, “The citizens of Pittsburgh, that hardened, blue collar town on the banks of the Monongahela River, long ago described as ‘Hell with the lid taken off.’ The men and women in this city indulge a style that could be referred to as ‘Game Day Casual’ (or ‘Meth Lab Formal,’ depending on your preference), which stems from their love of a certain NFL franchise and an utter (expletive) indifference to their personal appearance and what you think of them.

“From foot to crown the standard ensemble goes like this: high top sneakers, preferably Converse, worn loosely tied; white tube socks; distressed jean shorts, worn long and with a sag in the keister; Pittsburgh Steelers jersey, size XXXL, preferably black; facial hair, preferably goat tee or chin strappy beard; baseball cap, preferably something in a florescent shade of camouflage or a piece that reflects a strong allegiance to a NASCAR driver.

The top of the GQ list consists of Boston at No. 1 and Los Angeles at No. 2. Behind Pittsburgh were Chicago and Manhattan.

Should as Pittsburghers really take an offensive to this list?:noidea:

Atlanta Dan
07-15-2011, 05:25 PM
PITTSBURGH -- According to GQ magazine, Pittsburgh is the third worst-dressed city in the U.S.

The magazine claims to have put their list together using an " irrefutable poll, we gathered, analyzed, and ranked."

In the column, GQ says, “The citizens of Pittsburgh, that hardened, blue collar town on the banks of the Monongahela River, long ago described as ‘Hell with the lid taken off.’ The men and women in this city indulge a style that could be referred to as ‘Game Day Casual’ (or ‘Meth Lab Formal,’ depending on your preference), which stems from their love of a certain NFL franchise and an utter (expletive) indifference to their personal appearance and what you think of them.

“From foot to crown the standard ensemble goes like this: high top sneakers, preferably Converse, worn loosely tied; white tube socks; distressed jean shorts, worn long and with a sag in the keister; Pittsburgh Steelers jersey, size XXXL, preferably black; facial hair, preferably goat tee or chin strappy beard; baseball cap, preferably something in a florescent shade of camouflage or a piece that reflects a strong allegiance to a NASCAR driver.

The top of the GQ list consists of Boston at No. 1 and Los Angeles at No. 2. Behind Pittsburgh were Chicago and Manhattan.

Should as Pittsburghers really take an offensive to this list?:noidea:

I suppose I could quote James Harrison with regard to my opinion of GQ but then I would have to issue an apology that I am not a homophobic bigot and would never advocate intolerance of gay people:wink02:

SteelCityMom
07-15-2011, 06:13 PM
It doesn't really surprise me at all. There are some fashionable people here....but for the most part, the city and surrounding area are working class and could care less about being trendy. I take no offense to it.

Stu Pidasso
07-15-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm wearing everything on that list right now, except the Converse (I got Nike's on) and my pants are pulled up. :)

Farrior_roirraW
07-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't live in Pittsburgh but, goatees ftw. :tt03:

stb_steeler
07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Hell winz wear that shit around here also...dont know why Pitt has stand out on the list.
I gots my high top converse on now, and im always wearin a steelers Tshirt......:drink:

Deserei90
07-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I mean from the places I visited outside of PA. I can point out some bad dressers, but here in Pittsburgh. People dress causal. You know the usual White-T and Jeans. Some fashionable, but not as bad as the people I seen in Detroit a couple of months ago. I really could care less, because I know how to dress. I don't see how wearing Steeler jerseys make you one of the bad dressers. This list is ridiculous anyways. I'm actually surprised Boston made #1, because I thought Bostonians knew how to dress:noidea:
I'm curious to know what cities constant of the best dressers? I doubt there's even one because they named mostly major cities on the this list.

thumper
07-16-2011, 11:53 AM
It doesn't really surprise me at all. There are some fashionable people here....but for the most part, the city and surrounding area are working class and could care less about being trendy. I take no offense to it.

With Miami, LA, et al on the list, who cares? And, yea, Pgh is casual,
and they did get this part right: No one cares. Comfort comes first.
Burgers could give a rat's rip about it.

55BaileyFan
07-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Don't care. I think GQ is a borderline "super" magazine. Can't stand that stupid magazine, I could give a shit less how well they dress.

StainlessStill
07-17-2011, 01:03 PM
So, we're one of the worst dressed city because we have facial hair, sneakers, and wear jersey's of our favorite team? Really? Who comes up with this shit? Are these the same people in Indianapolis that serve wine at their sissy football stadium?

If that makes up worst dress, then I'm proud. People mis-understand us sometimes. We are just a gritty place to live. Blue collar, truly hard working, honest living people.

The football team on the field represents ALL of us in Pittsburgh. That's why we relate so much. Gritty. I'll take it.:tt04:

solardave
07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I mean from the places I visited outside of PA. I can point out some bad dressers, but here in Pittsburgh. People dress causal. You know the usual White-T and Jeans. Some fashionable, but not as bad as the people I seen in Detroit a couple of months ago. I really could care less, because I know how to dress. I don't see how wearing Steeler jerseys make you one of the bad dressers. This list is ridiculous anyways. I'm actually surprised Boston made #1, because I thought Bostonians knew how to dress:noidea:
I'm curious to know what cities constant of the best dressers? I doubt there's even one because they named mostly major cities on the this list.

Show up at a Walmart in Kentucky if you want to see GQ--- 300 pound people in spandex and Cowboy boots .