PDA

View Full Version : Warrant out for Gildon

BB2W
05-23-2006, 10:19 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Police are looking a former Steelers linebacker, waiting to charge him with participating in a bar fight.

Todd Arthrell said Jason Gildon -- who played for the Steelers for 10 years --punched him above the eye, cutting him in the bathroom at a local bar shortly before 2 a.m. on May 13.

According to police, the two wrestled for a while at the Altar Bar on Penn Avenue until security , as well as other bar patrons, separated them.

A second person -- Rachel Hobson -- said Gildon stepped on her foot.

Both Arthrell and Hobson refused medical treatment at the scene.

Gildon told police he put another patron in a headlock to protect himself.

Gildon was not injured in the incident.

There is a warrant out for Gildon for one count of simple assault.

Gildon lives in Wexford. He retired from the NFL after spending a year with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

link: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9262478/detail.html

tony hipchest
05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
until the guilty verdict is out, i think i gotta side with gildon on this one.

Ambridge
05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I thought the warrant might have been an old outstanding charge for embezzlement/grand theft from his last few years playing in Pittsburgh.

MasterOfPuppets
05-24-2006, 01:59 AM
ya see what one year in another organization does to a player....:rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2006, 07:18 AM
No big deal really. He's not on the team and who hasn't been in a bar fight? Also, who knows what Todd Arthrell said or did to Gildon. Maybe the guy deserved it......

Suitanim
05-24-2006, 08:26 AM
When the Jags get wind of this, they are going to want him back.

shimmysteelerfan
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
the guy was probably from cinci, you know he deserved it!

clevestinks
05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I don`t condone violence, unless needed. I just hope Gildon treated fairly

RoethlisBURGHer
05-24-2006, 12:19 PM
The guy probally made a comment about Gildon's last few years of flailing aimlessly at offensive players in Pittsburgh and Gildon decided to show the guy what he's made of.

The dude probally deserved it,it happens all the time.Some shmuck sees a famous person at a club or bar and decides to lure the person into a confrontation to extract money from said famous person.And the bitch should have moved away from the fight,dumb ***** it was her own damn fault her foot got stepped on.

Hines86Ward
05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Gildon's a pretty classy guy, so I would guess that the other guy deserved it....

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/02preview_steelers.jpg

SteelerFanInCA
05-24-2006, 01:13 PM
When the Jags get wind of this, they are going to want him back.
Yeah, and so will the rat birds.

BB2W
05-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Gildon, 33, of Franklin Park, was arraigned Wednesday on simple assault and harassment and was released on his own recognizance, said his attorney, Robert Del Greco Jr.

Authorities said Todd Arthrell told them that Gildon punched him above the eye in a unisex restroom at a bar while the two were arguing May 13. Arthrell's companion, Rachel E. Hobson, said Gildon stepped on her foot, causing a hairline fracture and contusion.

"Jason does not deny he was involved in a bit of a scuffle, but certainly was not the initiator of the scuffle and certainly was warranted in defending himself," Del Greco said.

Del Greco called the arrest "unfortunate," saying police were called to the bar when the incident happened, questioned people and didn't charge anyone at the time.

Gildon found out from media on Tuesday night that there was an arrest warrant out for him, and he immediately made arrangements to surrender Wednesday, Del Greco said.

In 2003, charges of disorderly conduct and defiant trespass were dropped after Gildon completed community service. Authorities said he had refused to leave a nightclub after being told he didn't meet the dress code.

Gildon played linebacker for the Steelers from 1994-2003, then went to the Jacksonville Jaguars. He retired in 2004.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/05/24/bc.fbn.steelers.gildonc.ap/index.html

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 08:09 AM
"Hobson, said Gildon stepped on her foot, causing a hairline fracture and contusion."

You gotta be kidding me? Here comes the bunk lawsuits.

83-Steelers-43
06-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Assault Charge Dropped Against Former Steeler

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH A former Steelers linebacker in court today for his arraignment on charges stemming from a bar fight last month took time to offer his well-wishes for injured QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Authorities charged Jason Gildon with simple assault in May after a man claimed Gildon punched him in a restroom at Altar in the Strip District.

Today, though, the assault charge was dropped. Gildon was charged with harassment and fined $300.

Gildon told KDKA he just wants to move on.

"This is a very unfortunate incident," Gildon added, "and I'm just happy of the outcome, you know, being able to resolve this in a timely manner."

"I'd like to extend an apology to my family for any inconvenience this may have caused."

He then went on to offer his well-wishes for Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"Something a little more important," Gildon said, "at this time I'd like to extend my thoughts and my prayers to Ben Roethlisberger and his family. And I encourage you all to do the same and keep them in prayer as well."

83-Steelers-43
08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Man Sues Former Steeler After Night Club Fight

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH The man who says former Steelers linebacker Jason Gildon assaulted him at a Strip District night club is suing.

Todd Arthrell, of McKeesport, says he suffered bruises and scars on his face after a fight with Gildon at the Altar bar in May.

Gildon pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct.

Arthrell is seeking more than $25,000 in damages.

http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_236123521.html