PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know?

Suitanim
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Assuming Jacobs makes the team (and he will make the team), the Steelers entire staff of QB's will be MAC QB's? Batch went to Eastern Michigan.

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, read that in the PPG a few weeks ago when they had an article pertaining to Jacobs. Interesting stuff.

Ohio Steeler
05-24-2006, 09:58 AM
the MAC has been producing some very good NFL QB talenent over the past few years...

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 10:01 AM
i think it was whipple right after the draft joking that hes not goint to know how to handle a meeting room full of MAC qb's.

ok i found the quote:

Coach Mark Whipple RE: OMAR JACOBS
Quarterback
Bowling Green State University Falcons
5th Round – 164th Overall

Omar Jacobs is a really, really talented young man. He had a tremendous sophomore year at Bowling Green and then had some injuries. I watched the Wisconsin game and was really impressed with him when it was on regular TV. He had some injuries and came back. He's a guy that has size at 6-4. Of all the quarterbacks left I thought he was the one guy that had a chance to really be a good player for us. We're excited about him. Talking to him on the, he's ecstatic. I think it's a real good fit for us. The only problem is in my meeting room we'll have more MAC [Conference] updates than anywhere in the country. It will be interesting between Ben [Roethlisberger], Charlie [Batch] and Omar.

clevestinks
05-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Is Jacobs that good???? Or are we lookin at him possibly playing somewhere other than QB, a few years back we had Tee Martin who I thought might be good, but didnt pan out

shimmysteelerfan
05-24-2006, 12:20 PM
we will find out in august!!!

BigSteelThrill
05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Is Jacobs that good???? Or are we lookin at him possibly playing somewhere other than QB, a few years back we had Tee Martin who I thought might be good, but didnt pan out
He's that good. Might take a year to get acclimated fully though.
But he will be the #2 for several years. He wont be playing anything other then QB.

Steel Pit
05-25-2006, 03:51 AM
He's that good. Might take a year to get acclimated fully though.
But he will be the #2 for several years. He wont be playing anything other then QB.

If he ends up meeting his full potential I assure you that he won't be our #2 guy for several years. He'll want to play so he'll go elsewhere.

MNsteelers
05-25-2006, 12:12 PM
If he ends up meeting his full potential I assure you that he won't be our #2 guy for several years. He'll want to play so he'll go elsewhere.

Yeah, that's a good point. We drafted him as a backup, but if he develops, he won't be in Pittsburgh for very long. Sort of a give-and-trade relationship. But hey, I don't mind, he's a backup quarterback. We'll find another one when he leaves.

I just hope it's not Joey Harrington.