PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Porter.....

Man_Of_Steel
05-24-2006, 12:09 PM
I just saw a report on KDKA TV news in Pittsburgh with Cowher this just now and he says Porter had some inflamation in his LEFT knee, the same one as last year and that they decided to go ahead and do a procedure. No word on how he is doing or how long he could be out.

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Unless he hurt his knee during the mandatory workouts, why did they wait until the end of May to start this procedure?

clevestinks
05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I hope he is good to go before the season, he is the heart of the defense

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-24-2006, 12:54 PM
He has 9 weeks plus to get better....I'm more confident he can return from removing a chip from his knee...then a bullet from his butt....;)

RoethlisBURGHer
05-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Porter'll be fine.It's a really simple procedure that they are doing,much like the one Ben had during last season.

This is less serious than when Joey got shot in the ass in Colorado.He'll be kicking ass all year this year.QB's beware because SILVERBACK IS BACK.

BigSteelThrill
05-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Unless he hurt his knee during the mandatory workouts, why did they wait until the end of May to start this procedure?
Possible they thought it had gotten better with time, and he had to reaggravate it in order to show that it hadnt. Kind of common actually. May have had a slow onset after a wekk or two of workouts.

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, here's to hoping it's only the injury we have to worry about with Porter...............

SteelerFanInCA
05-24-2006, 02:11 PM
I believe Joey will be ready to go once the season gets here. Just kind of glad it still happnend now and not later.

Stillers#1
05-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I actually saw something about this on the ticker on CNN....I thought that was kind of funny, made me a little worried, b/c his headline was right after Barbaro's.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 06:28 PM
There are rumors he wasn't there because of his contract. Looks like someone's getting too big for their britches. The guy's a punk.

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 06:34 PM
There are rumors he wasn't there because of his contract. Looks like someone's getting too big for their britches. The guy's a punk. punks cry in the locker room and whine about hating the opponent that is out there kicking their teammates asses

Sharkissle29
05-24-2006, 06:48 PM
ESPN said if the steelers had a game today, porter would play in the game...so its not serious at all

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Out there kicking our asses? We lead at halftime without out our all-pro quarterback, whose only pass attempt went for 66 yards. And if the guy who caught it hadn't blown out his knee as well on the play, he may have scored. So as much as I hate the "what if" game, you can't really beat your chest over that victory. As far as I'm concerned, the season series was split 1-1. As much as you hate to admit it, and I'm sure you won't, you were all thrilled when Palmer got hurt. Do you know why that is? Because you knew he could slice and dice you up, just like he did in game 2.

tony hipchest
05-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Out there kicking our asses? We lead at halftime without out our all-pro quarterback, whose only pass attempt went for 66 yards. And if the guy who caught it hadn't blown out his knee as well on the play, he may have scored. So as much as I hate the "what if" game, you can't really beat your chest over that victory. As far as I'm concerned, the season series was split 1-1. As much as you hate to admit it, and I'm sure you won't, you were all thrilled when Palmer got hurt. Do you know why that is? Because you knew he could slice and dice you up, just like he did in game 2.

tissue?

or would a roll of BOUNTY (the quicker picker upper) be better served for those tears?

carson is still the crybaby punk.

SteelersFever
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm still beating my chest in victory cause the Steelers whooped some ass! Palmer who? Who dey? You're right, who the hell are you?

Koopa
05-24-2006, 07:54 PM
micheal smith said that his agent told the team that he isn't really happy with the contract cause it's out dated but there will be no hold out or anything like that........that's f'kin stupid. outdated??? wtf, you signed the stupid thing play it out and don't complain. damn players piss me off, they get a sack and expect to be rewarded like they did something that he didn't have to do but did it anyway.

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:22 PM
This is how it all starts, Super Bowl teams always fall apart the next year. New England is the exception. First it's Hines Ward, then Joey Porter. Have fun when Ben wants a new contract, especially if he's looking for Carson Palmer money.

clevestinks
05-24-2006, 08:30 PM
This is how it all starts, Super Bowl teams always fall apart the next year. New England is the exception. First it's Hines Ward, then Joey Porter. Have fun when Ben wants a new contract, especially if he's looking for Carson Palmer money.
Your just a minor just trying to get arouse out of everyone, your jealousy is so childish. You wish you had a Joey Porter

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I am just ****ing around. But the contract stuff with Ben will be interesting. He doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to take less, especially after slipping in the draft. He's going to want to get paid, and the fact that Palmer is the highest paid player in the NFL probably doesn't help things.

And I would shoot myself in the face before accepting Porter as a Bengal.

Lyn
05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
You are kinda like that old pair of shoes ya have. You don't really need em anymore, they're worn out, don't look so good, but dang you just can't throw em in the dumpster. Besides, you never know when you may need to throw em on to go shovel manure or something .....

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Well thank God he did not decide to flip out during a playoff game. Imagine your top WR having a mental breakdown during a playoff game at halftime? Oh wait, that only happens in Cincy.

Santonio4
05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I just want to see what he says to Bush.

MNsteelers
05-25-2006, 12:15 PM
There are rumors he wasn't there because of his contract. Looks like someone's getting too big for their britches. The guy's a punk.

Oh, please tell me you're a Chad Johnson fan taking shots at Joey Porter for being a punk....get a ring then come back here and talk

MNsteelers
05-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Well thank God he did not decide to flip out during a playoff game. Imagine your top WR having a mental breakdown during a playoff game at halftime? Oh wait, that only happens in Cincy.

HELL YEAH! Right on, man...