PDA

View Full Version : Trading Harrision?

cloppbeast
07-23-2011, 11:12 AM
I know everybody will call me crazy, but I think it might be worth consideration, especially for the long term.

Harrison is currently 33 years of age and the Steelers are 10 million over the cap. He'll make $5 million this year, $6 million in 2013, and $7 million in 2014. That's a lot of money for a team trying to resign/extend a bevy of young, extremely talented players this year and the next few. The Steelers need to find a way to sign Ike Tayler this season. Polamalu's contract needs extended in the near future, if they decide to keep him, and I think they do. Timmons contract needs extended this, season in my opinion, before he goes on an absolute tear, driving up his contract - Wallace is in the same boat. Wallace and Timmons are pivitol players, being they are extremely talanted young players on an otherwise team of elders.

I admit our defense would get somewhat worse in the short term, but I don't think enough to outway the compensation the Steelers would get in return. A team on the brink, only missing a few playmakers on defense, I would imagine would willingly give up a decent amount to pick up probably one of the best linebackers in the game. Perhaps a team like the Houston, wanting to make a run for the SB while they still have a chance, would trade a 1st round pick or more. Look what the Bears gave up for Jay Cutler.

As previously mentioned, our team is old and we're desperately needing to get younger - especially on defense. In my opinion, trading Harrison, given the proper compensation, would be a rational decision in the long term. I believe any team who can trade a 33 year old player for a first round pick should pounce in it - especially considering how well the Steelers draft. (When was the last time the Steelers missed a first round pick?) Essentially, the Steelers would trade a 33 year old player for a 22 year old player of the same caliber. Here's a list of the Steelers last 10 first round picks:

2001: Plaxico Burress
2002: Casey Hampton
2003: Kendall Simmons
2004: Troy Polamalu
2005: Ben Roethlisberger
2006: Heath Miller
2007: Santonio Holmes
2008: Lawrence Timmons
2009: Rashard Mendenhall
2010: Evander Hood

This list includes a bunch of great players, numerous pro-bowls, many should-have-been pro-bowls, 1 rookie of the year, 1 should-have-been rookie of the year, a defensive player of the year, the most underrated tight-end in football, and, most importantly, not one bust (Some of you might call Simmons a bust, but I don't. Most of his shortcomings were caused by injuries - and these things happen and often can hardly be preducted)

I think it's pretty safe to say the Steelers would utilize the first round pick to the fullest, making the trade well worth it.

We could get by without Harrison and still be good.

During this season or next, Jason Worilds will be ready to play. Assuming Worilds lives up to the Steelers expectations, he wouldn't be much of a down-grade. Unfortunately, I don't have enough information on the subject to determine whether Worilds will be all he's cracked up to be - but the Steelers do. For now, we'll just make the assumption.

If Worilds won't be ready next year and will have to wait in the wings one more season there is another option: move Timmons to OLB and Foote to ILB for a year. Again, this would be a down grade in the short term, no doubt.

Albeit, I'm concerned about this team's future. Too many 30-somethings and not enough 20-somethings to sustain a winning team past the next couple of seasons. I would willingly part ways with a dominant defender to ensure continued dominance in the next few years. I don't think we have enough draft picks to address every need we have in the next few years.

We probably need a tacke, if not 2. Colon won't be there after next season, I doubt they plan on resigning Starcks, and Flozel is old. We have one young player in Gilbert to fill in, but it's not apparent who will even be any good - Urbick anyone?

We need Guards. Do we even have a RG? We all know our LG is a bum.

We need a NT.

We need a CB.

Polamalu is getting old, along with Clark (who is overrated, anyway). Do the Steelers plan on keeping Polamalu in a Steelers uniform for an extended period of time considering his injuriy history? Clark and Polamalu are both in the 30s.

Maybe it's just crazy, but it might just be crazy enough to work. Everybody thought the Steelers were crazy when they got rid of Porter, so......

thumper
07-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Pipe dream. No one would trade for him. His back is still jacked. Agent
even admitted he will not be 100% this year, and probably ever again. Who
is going to trade for that?

DanRooney
07-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Pipe dream. No one would trade for him. His back is still jacked. Agent
even admitted he will not be 100% this year, and probably ever again. Who
is going to trade for that?

Any smart 3-4 team would be jumping at a chance to get Harrison. He's the best all-around outside linebacker in the league. No other player, whether it be Ware or Matthews, has as much impact at his position. He's relentless in every aspect whether it be stopping the run or pass rushing.

Moving Timmons back to OLB would be a travesty. Hes was probably a top 3 ILB last year.

tucker6
07-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Any smart 3-4 team would be jumping at a chance to get Harrison. He's the best all-around outside linebacker in the league. No other player, whether it be Ware or Matthews, has as much impact at his position. He's relentless in every aspect whether it be stopping the run or pass rushing.

Moving Timmons back to OLB would be a travesty. Hes was probably a top 3 ILB last year.

You might get a 4th round pick for him considering his salary and age/health. I'd trade him if it was me. His salary is high for the expected return in value on the field. He has maybe 1-2 good years left MAX. It may be that he has no good years left. I've heard that teams have developed models based on players performance/age and that show when to deal a player reaching into their 30's. I guess anything can be made into an equation. Green Bay did that with Favre I've read, and judged the risk less with Rodgers. Good call in the end because if Aaron sits another year behind Brett, he likely doesn't have the expereince to win the SB last year.

steelcity1974
07-23-2011, 02:40 PM
You're crazy.

tucker6
07-23-2011, 03:29 PM
You're crazy.read it and weep.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74129

fart
07-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Harrison is better with the Steelers than any other team. I don't know why you would consider trading him. For my money, he was the best defender on the team - even over Polamalu and even at 80%

cloppbeast
07-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Harrison is better with the Steelers than any other team. I don't know why you would consider trading him. For my money, he was the best defender on the team - even over Polamalu and even at 80%

Perhaps he is the best defender - but he's 33 and had had like 3 back surgeries. He probably has at most 3 good years left, 1 or 2 dominant years if he hasn't seen his last dominant season. It would be absolutely stupid for the Steelers to reject a trade if a team were to offer a first round pick.

As other posters have said, teams probably wouldn't offer such a high draft pick - and I agree, most teams wouldn't. But you only need one team. 30 NFL teams would not have offered 2 first rounders for Jay Cutler, but still the Broncos got what they wanted. A lot of GMs out there aren't too bright, so maybe one of those teams would offer a decent trade.

If the price is right, the Steelers I would hope the Steelers would trade him. I'm not saying I would trade him for a fourth round pick or anything, but definitely a first rounder, maybe even a second. Maybe.

Still, only a fool would reject a trade before hearing the offer.

Atlanta Dan
07-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Perhaps he is the best defender - but he's 33 and had had like 3 back surgeries. He probably has at most 3 good years left, 1 or 2 dominant years if he hasn't seen his last dominant season. It would be absolutely stupid for the Steelers to reject a trade if a team were to offer a first round pick.

As other posters have said, teams probably wouldn't offer such a high draft pick - and I agree, most teams wouldn't. But you only need one team who would. 30 NFL teams would not have offered 2 first rounders for Jay Cutler, but still the Broncos got what they wanted. A lot of GMs out there aren't too bright, so maybe one of those teams would offer a decent trade.

If the price is right, the Steelers would trade him - and rightfully so. I'm not saying I would trade him for a fourth round pick or anything, but definitely a first rounder, maybe even a second. Maybe.

Still, only a fool would reject a trade before hearing the offer.

With all the chaos that is going to go on in the next several weeks, trading Harrison without having worked Timmons or Worlds at OLB during the offseason is a risky move for the Steelers and tough to address for teams with their own signings and cap issues to handle.

And why would you trade for Harrison now and have to take on his contract if you think it is likely he will be released after this year and you can then sign him with not giving up anything in return?

Timmons and Woodley need to be signed - guess which contract helps pay those bills if the other LB pulling down huge $$ is released after 2011?

steeltheone
07-24-2011, 01:04 AM
If the return were good enough i would trade him in a minute...We loaded with 33 plus year olds...Harrison may be the best of them all but OLB is far and away the easiest position to fill.

cloppbeast
07-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Timmons and Woodley need to be signed - guess which contract helps pay those bills if the other LB pulling down huge $$ is released after 2011?

If that's the plan, why not get rid of Harrison a year earlier and actually get something in return for him?

Atlanta Dan
07-24-2011, 10:46 AM
If that's the plan, why not get rid of Harrison a year earlier and actually get something in return for him?

Might have been something to consider last March

Teams that would, be interested would need to be in a win it right now stage, have some idea if Harrison is going to be the same player after back surgery, and also have the room to fit his contract under the cap - the other team working that out while being willing to pay value for Harrison (not a Santonio give away) and fit Harrison into their defensive scheme, as the Steelers would be moving Worlds or Timmons outside to replace Harrison and learn his zone blitz responsibilities in the next 6 weeks, is a lot to deal with

Kingmagyar
07-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Younger players missing OTAs, no mini camp, no playbooks would make any option other then Harrison this year very dangerous. This team is very close to another superbowl, especially with so many teams in turmoil because of the lockout. This is going to be a very good season for veteran teams in the NFL. Now is not the time to trade Harrison if we want a chance at another super bowl. We could get lucky without him but...

However if Worilds comes on strong and even gets some playing time due to injuries and proves he's pretty good I guarantee Harrison will not see the end of that contract in a Steeler's uniform, but we do need him this year..

If a team like Denver or Washington would give up a #1 pick however...you have to jump on that considering those teams are going to be bad this year and the pick would be very high in next year's draft. Plus you gotta love that rookie pay scale. The Steelers could recharge their team in a hurry with 2 #1 picks next year including a probable top 5 pick. And in a way you would be sticking it to Harrison for his comments against teammates.

steeltheone
07-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Thats a very good point...Im not in favor of keeping many of our old guys but it may help us this year. After that i think we have many issues.

LVSteelersfan
07-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Harrison is no longer the dominant player he was in my opinion. He is a one trick pony. A very good one mind you, but other teams have him figured out. They just push him around the end (holding all the way) and push him out of the play. If he would just spin or cut to the inside or just do something different, they would have to call the holds. I think they should platoon him and Worilds and see if Worilds will be ready for next year. If so, Harrison can go the way of Joey Porter next year. Or trade him for probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. No one will give up a 1st round pick on an iffy, injured, 33+ yo player. The Steelers know when to jettison older players and know when to do it. They need him this year however because of the lockout situation. If they do make a trade, PLEASE trade him to the NFC.

fart
07-24-2011, 02:23 PM
The same people dismissing him here will be singing praises once he posts another double-digit sack season and lights up whoever is playing for the Bengals. I think some are severely under-estimating the impact he has on this team.

tucker6
07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
The same people dismissing him here will be singing praises once he posts another double-digit sack season and lights up whoever is playing for the Bengals. I think some are severely under-estimating the impact he has on this team.

I hope you are right, but I have a very hard time seeing a 33yo injured Harrison getting double digit sacks again. I think we'll end up seeing more of what we saw in the SB this year than what we saw in 2009. I also agree that it may be best to keep him considering the situation with the lockout. I don't necessarily like it, but we may be forced to accept it. That's not a bashing Harrison comment as much as it is a concern over the age of the team. We can't get rid of all the older guys at the same time or risk a lack of team maturity.

Farrior_roirraW
07-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Yeah, I've had a feeling for quite a while this would be his last year in the Burgh. He is getting old, but I don't think it matters as much as how much he'll be making in the last couple (?) years of his contract even if he still playing at a decent level, the drop off is not far away.

cloppbeast
07-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Might have been something to consider last March

Teams that would, be interested would need to be in a win it right now stage, have some idea if Harrison is going to be the same player after back surgery, and also have the room to fit his contract under the cap - the other team working that out while being willing to pay value for Harrison (not a Santonio give away) and fit Harrison into their defensive scheme, as the Steelers would be moving Worlds or Timmons outside to replace Harrison and learn his zone blitz responsibilities in the next 6 weeks, is a lot to deal with

Touche

steelerchad
07-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Heard some interesting talk on NFL radio this morning that a lot of teams will be asking high priced older guys under contract to take paycuts or potentially be released in the next week or so. I would think James would fall under this possibility. The new labor agreement includes lifetime medical coverage, but only if you're on an NFL roster this year or futute years. I would think if they went to a few guys like Ward, Farrior, Harrison they might be forced to take a cut. If they didn't, they would be gambling that they could get more than the offer on the open market in a short window. It would be a gamble, but the way the Steelers are with the checkbook, I could see this possibility. Of course, they don't actually have to cut them if the player refuses to take the paycut. They could just make the threat and see what happens. All of the power is with the owners as the guys are under contract until released.
In Harrisons case, he's under contract for $5mm for this year. They could say James you need to take $3.5mm or we have to release you. He would then have to ponder can he go out and get $4mm on the open market in about a week. At age 33, coming off back surgery, plus his recent off the field comments it may be a gamble. If he can't get at least $4mm wouldn't he just be better off staying put with a guaranteed $3.5mm. Especially, after his stupid agent said his back is still messed up and he would likely be at 80% this year and may never be the same.

BIGNASTY91
07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Eventually, yes! But we need his talents this year. We can not afford to get rid of him with all the uncertainty after the lockout is over. 92 will be be back and better than ever!! Yall just wait and see! :tt02:

gameface75
07-25-2011, 11:31 AM
I know everybody will call me crazy, but I think it might be worth consideration, especially for the long term.

Harrison is currently 33 years of age and the Steelers are 10 million over the cap. He'll make $5 million this year, $6 million in 2013, and $7 million in 2014. That's a lot of money for a team trying to resign/extend a bevy of young, extremely talented players this year and the next few. The Steelers need to find a way to sign Ike Tayler this season. Polamalu's contract needs extended in the near future, if they decide to keep him, and I think they do. Timmons contract needs extended this, season in my opinion, before he goes on an absolute tear, driving up his contract - Wallace is in the same boat. Wallace and Timmons are pivitol players, being they are extremely talanted young players on an otherwise team of elders.

I admit our defense would get somewhat worse in the short term, but I don't think enough to outway the compensation the Steelers would get in return. A team on the brink, only missing a few playmakers on defense, I would imagine would willingly give up a decent amount to pick up probably one of the best linebackers in the game. Perhaps a team like the Houston, wanting to make a run for the SB while they still have a chance, would trade a 1st round pick or more. Look what the Bears gave up for Jay Cutler.

As previously mentioned, our team is old and we're desperately needing to get younger - especially on defense. In my opinion, trading Harrison, given the proper compensation, would be a rational decision in the long term. I believe any team who can trade a 33 year old player for a first round pick should pounce in it - especially considering how well the Steelers draft. (When was the last time the Steelers missed a first round pick?) Essentially, the Steelers would trade a 33 year old player for a 22 year old player of the same caliber. Here's a list of the Steelers last 10 first round picks:

2001: Plaxico Burress
2002: Casey Hampton
2003: Kendall Simmons
2004: Troy Polamalu
2005: Ben Roethlisberger
2006: Heath Miller
2007: Santonio Holmes
2008: Lawrence Timmons
2009: Rashard Mendenhall
2010: Evander Hood

This list includes a bunch of great players, numerous pro-bowls, many should-have-been pro-bowls, 1 rookie of the year, 1 should-have-been rookie of the year, a defensive player of the year, the most underrated tight-end in football, and, most importantly, not one bust (Some of you might call Simmons a bust, but I don't. Most of his shortcomings were caused by injuries - and these things happen and often can hardly be preducted)

I think it's pretty safe to say the Steelers would utilize the first round pick to the fullest, making the trade well worth it.

We could get by without Harrison and still be good.

During this season or next, Jason Worilds will be ready to play. Assuming Worilds lives up to the Steelers expectations, he wouldn't be much of a down-grade. Unfortunately, I don't have enough information on the subject to determine whether Worilds will be all he's cracked up to be - but the Steelers do. For now, we'll just make the assumption.

If Worilds won't be ready next year and will have to wait in the wings one more season there is another option: move Timmons to OLB and Foote to ILB for a year. Again, this would be a down grade in the short term, no doubt.

Albeit, I'm concerned about this team's future. Too many 30-somethings and not enough 20-somethings to sustain a winning team past the next couple of seasons. I would willingly part ways with a dominant defender to ensure continued dominance in the next few years. I don't think we have enough draft picks to address every need we have in the next few years.

We probably need a tacke, if not 2. Colon won't be there after next season, I doubt they plan on resigning Starcks, and Flozel is old. We have one young player in Gilbert to fill in, but it's not apparent who will even be any good - Urbick anyone?

We need Guards. Do we even have a RG? We all know our LG is a bum.

We need a NT.

We need a CB.

Polamalu is getting old, along with Clark (who is overrated, anyway). Do the Steelers plan on keeping Polamalu in a Steelers uniform for an extended period of time considering his injuriy history? Clark and Polamalu are both in the 30s.

Maybe it's just crazy, but it might just be crazy enough to work. Everybody thought the Steelers were crazy when they got rid of Porter, so......

Yes you are crazy ,and so is anybody else who thinks we should trade Harrison. None of this trade talk would be happening if harrison had not spoken his mind.

BIGNASTY91
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes you are crazy ,and so is anybody else who thinks we should trade Harrison. None of this trade talk would be happening if harrison had not spoken his mind.

:iagree:

cloppbeast
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
None of this trade talk would be happening if harrison had not spoken his mind.

Not true - it has nothing to do with his comments. Cite where I mentioned his comments in my OP.

It also has nothing to do with Harrison being a bum, either. I admit he's one of the best OLBs in the league. Nevertheless, he's 33 coming off back-surgury.

steelerchad
07-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Not true - it has nothing to do with his comments. Cite where I mentioned his comments in my OP.

It also has nothing to do with Harrison being a bum, either. I admit he's one of the best OLBs in the league. Nevertheless, he's 33 coming off back-surgury.

Correct. It is the Steeler way to let go of 30 something LBer's. They didn't draft Worilds to let him play special teams. I don't think we trade Harrison. We make 1 more run with him and then he's cut for Worilds imo.

Buddha Bus
07-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Correct. It is the Steeler way to let go of 30 something LBer's. They didn't draft Worilds to let him play special teams. I don't think we trade Harrison. We make 1 more run with him and then he's cut for Worilds imo.

Yeah, this, more than likely. He's probably going to start a quick decline and get injured much more easily now. One more year unless Worilds doesn't impress or progress as fast as needed.

Jimmy Shaker
07-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry, the Steelers have already met this decades quota for dumb trades when we got rid of Holmes.

OX1947
07-25-2011, 07:22 PM
What Harrison said was 100%. Sure, the defense didnt play well, however 3 turnovers by the offense led to 21 points. No turnovers by the offense, Steelers are Super Bowl champs. It sucks but it is what it is.

Atlanta Dan
07-25-2011, 08:04 PM
What Harrison said was 100%. Sure, the defense didnt play well, however 3 turnovers by the offense led to 21 points. No turnovers by the offense, Steelers are Super Bowl champs. It sucks but it is what it is.

There was plenty of blame to go around - as you note, it is not as if the D played lights out or for that matter very well

The pick six that made it 14-0 obviously was on the offense, but it is not as if the Packers already were in the red zone after the second INT and the Mendenhall fumble - except for the 3rd quarter the defense did not stop the Packers all day and could not come up with any turnovers, unlike picks against Seattle and Arizona in SB XL and XLIII - make a stop after either of the last 2 turnovers (or on the 3rd and long play in the 4th quarter when Taylor got beat on the route up the seam) and the Steelers probably win

You win as a team and lose as a team - Harrison should have saved it for the locker room

steeltheone
07-25-2011, 10:11 PM
There was plenty of blame to go around - as you note, it is not as if the D played lights out or for that matter very well

The pick six that made it 14-0 obviously was on the offense, but it is not as if the Packers already were in the red zone after the second INT and the Mendenhall fumble - except for the 3rd quarter the defense did not stop the Packers all day and could not come up with any turnovers, unlike picks against Seattle and Arizona in SB XL and XLIII - make a stop after either of the last 2 turnovers (or on the 3rd and long play in the 4th quarter when Taylor got beat on the route up the seam) and the Steelers probably win

You win as a team and lose as a team - Harrison should have saved it for the locker room

Great post Dan!

Fire Arians
07-25-2011, 11:45 PM
harrison won't be traded. then again our FO does some surprising things at times. I didn't expect them to trade porter either so if it happens i won't be surprised.

then again, when porter was let go, he had a capable backup. our backups for harrison are talented but still too green to take over imo.

DanRooney
07-26-2011, 01:58 AM

Nobody mentions that the week prior to the Super Bowl, Rodgers and his teammates were practicing and full focused on the game. Our veteran guys were a Dallas Piano Bar having a good ol' time expressing 'been there, done that' attitude. I truly believe that's was why we came out so flat-footed against the Packers. It could have easily been the difference in the game.

pete74
07-26-2011, 05:36 AM
i love Harrison but would trade him in a second if someone offered us a 1st round pick for him. that will never happen because of his injury and his age so i expect Harrison to play one more season with the steelers then be cut

Kingmagyar
07-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Harrison would never agree to be paid 3.5 mil instead of 5mil. Where Harrison often gets overlooked is in his total tackles. He had 100 which is insane for an OLB in a 3-4 defense. He is only on one side of the field and he still gets that many tackles. 10.5 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 2 int , that's 8 turnovers from one guy. And he defends the pass. Star 3-4 OLBs total tackles in the league: Clay Mathews (60), Terrell Suggs (68) and Demarcus Ware (66) aren't even in the same ballpark.

Harrison would still get real BIG money if he was released by the Steelers. So many teams are desperate for a pass rusher in this league, he would make a bundle. Remember how much Joey Porter got from Miami.

I think the Steelers could ask Aaron Smith and Farrior for a pay cut to help the team out, but the Steelers would never threaten a player. Part of the reason guys stay with the Steelers and not go elsewhere for more money is because of the way they are treated by ownership. Threats would lead to a loss of that great bond and feelings toward ownership.

steelerchad
07-26-2011, 09:15 AM
harrison won't be traded. then again our FO does some surprising things at times. I didn't expect them to trade porter either so if it happens i won't be surprised.

then again, when porter was let go, he had a capable backup. our backups for harrison are talented but still too green to take over imo.

We did have a capable backup, but nobody knew it at the time. All Harrison had done in the NFL was special teams, mop up LBer duty, and slam a Browns fan to the turf. Sometimes the guy waiting behind the starter just needs a chance to get on the field.

steelerchad
07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Harrison would never agree to be paid 3.5 mil instead of 5mil. Where Harrison often gets overlooked is in his total tackles. He had 100 which is insane for an OLB in a 3-4 defense. He is only on one side of the field and he still gets that many tackles. 10.5 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 2 int , that's 8 turnovers from one guy. And he defends the pass. Star 3-4 OLBs total tackles in the league: Clay Mathews (60), Terrell Suggs (68) and Demarcus Ware (66) aren't even in the same ballpark.

Harrison would still get real BIG money if he was released by the Steelers. So many teams are desperate for a pass rusher in this league, he would make a bundle. Remember how much Joey Porter got from Miami.

I think the Steelers could ask Aaron Smith and Farrior for a pay cut to help the team out, but the Steelers would never threaten a player. Part of the reason guys stay with the Steelers and not go elsewhere for more money is because of the way they are treated by ownership. Threats would lead to a loss of that great bond and feelings toward ownership.

Add Hines to that list of guys needing to take a paycut. He has very little leverage with 3 good, young WR's on the roster. If Sweed does anything at all in camp, Hines will need to take a decent sized pay cut. I love what the guy has done for our team, but he's expendable at this point in his career.

jwmann2
07-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Didnt realize he was already 33. He plays tough, closest thing to Ray Lewis. Steelers will find other ways to get around the cap.

Kanata-Steeler
07-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Harrison, is our new mean Joe Greene, he will live and die a Steeler.

fart
07-29-2011, 12:57 AM
The Rooneys are reportedly not disciplining him, right? I think trade talk is out the window.

steelax04
07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
The Rooneys are reportedly not disciplining him, right? I think trade talk is out the window.

For what? If the 'situation' with that interivew was handled in-house between coaches and players, then what do the Rooneys need to do?

3rdandlong
07-29-2011, 07:54 PM
From the limited times I have seen Jason Worilds, it looks like we could have another pro bowler. Every time Worilds was in the game, he got pressure in the QB. Granted it was usually when the offense was 3rd and very long, but it was still impressive. I don't know how well he is in other aspects of the OLB position, but he looks to be a very good pass rusher

tanda10506
07-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I'd like to see more of Worilds but I don't think Harrison will be going anywhere this year or next, and I hope he doesn't. Worilds may end being excellent, but Harrison is excellent. Besides, who would we get for him? A high draft pick that has a 50/50 chance of being a complete bust? I just don't see it benefiting us in any way.