83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Another case of human scum.

tony hipchest
05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
looks like hell is awaiting this fella

shimmysteelerfan
05-25-2006, 09:14 AM
what dIck head! man some people are just plain ignorant.

Mosca
05-25-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it; it was on the man's private property. He was generous enough to allow a memorial in conflict with his own beliefs, with the understanding that it would be removed after 2 weeks. Three weeks later, he removed the symbol that offended him (but left up the wreaths, etc).

So why can't a man decide what symbols others can place on his own private property? If he is not a christian, why MUST he accept christian symbols placed in his yard? It reads to me like HE is the one whose trust has been violated. He agreed to a 2 week period and then was taken advantage of. A promise was made and then ignored. "[Rousseau] said that if Brodmerkle had contacted him, he would have been happy to remove the memorial...." But it wasn't Brodmerkle's responsibility; it was Rousseau's.

Tom

WhiteTrashTrouble
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Id have to agree with mosca. I dont think its right to bury it. Sure i mean thats the sybolizm of death but i dont think it should have been done in his backyard. Maybe make a point by trying to contact the family. Otherwise the conflict in beliefs n symbolizm should be treated with some kinda value. I think it was a mistake on both parts, in both situations (drunk Driver/Burying the memorial)

here ya go

2 Pennies

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Atheists always have to go WAY out of their way to make a statement whenever they do something...they want to make sure they beat it into your head that they are ATHEISTS.

It's overkill.

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 02:24 PM
These two are definate runner-ups.............http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196939,00.html

Mosca
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Atheists always have to go WAY out of their way to make a statement whenever they do something...they want to make sure they beat it into your head that they are ATHEISTS.

It's overkill.

Naw.

I do disagree with the burying part; that was stupid and insensitive to others' grief. But it's not an atheist thing. There are idiots everywhere. There are christians and atheists and muslims and lefties and righties democrats and republicans and ALL KINDS who think it's more important to make a statement than it is to get through life in a kind and gentle way. Me, me, me, me, me.

The right thing would have been to remove the offending symbols and return them when asked.... But before it ever got to that, the grieving family should have honored their commitment, which in turn would have honored the deceased. The people who should have taken the first step didn't.

Sometimes people miss opportunities to forgive. Forgiveness has nothing to do with faith, and everything to do with goodness. I'd say, both parties failed with that one. But the first one to forgive would have come out looking a lot better (but neither chose to be that person.)

Tom

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Have you ever met an atheist? I have. You know how I knew they were atheists? Because they told me...over and over and over and over again. They are far more "in your face" than any religious group is. Hey, I could care less about people's religious backgrounds or sexual orientations or any of that stuff, I just don't really want to hear about it.

Mosca
05-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Well, with that I think I will leave you alone with your thoughts now. No sense arguing with a statement like that.

Tom

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
LOL...it's okay to hear it maybe once (unless you are a gay Scientologist soliciting money)...it's when they just beat you over the head with the stuff that I start to be put out.

SteelerzGirl
05-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Personally, I don?t care what the atheist guy wants, and it?s not because he?s an atheist because everyone's religious background is their own business and as long as they're not shoving it down my throat, it's none of my concern. The guy is obviously selfish and doesn?t care about anyone but himself. He?s alive and well today. The cross wasn?t placed on a memorial for him. It was placed on a memorial for those who lost their lives. He apparently couldn?t find it in his heart to respect the fact that people who loved those who were killed wanted to memorialize them in their own way for a short period of time and could have forgotten about the length of the agreement due to their grief. Or perhaps he just simply didn?t care. He could have contacted the loved ones to have them remove the items according to the agreement, but he chose not to do so and instead chose to be a prick about it.

My heart goes out to James Rousseau, who lost his fianc?e and unborn son at the hands of a drunk driver. May they rest in peace.

HburgXL06
05-25-2006, 06:19 PM
LOL...it's okay to hear it maybe once (unless you are a gay Scientologist soliciting money)...it's when they just beat you over the head with the stuff that I start to be put out.

Damn, you beat me before I could mention scientologists and their crazy over the top actions.....aka Tom Cruise.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Out of pure respect and humanity (obviously something this scumbag is lacking), I would let this family keep their memorial there as long as they wanted. Religious beliefs aside. It's called compassion. I'm all for having your own religious beliefs, but when does putting your own beliefs aside in order to comfort your neighbor come into play?

Hammer67
05-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Have you ever met an atheist? I have. You know how I knew they were atheists? Because they told me...over and over and over and over again. They are far more "in your face" than any religious group is. Hey, I could care less about people's religious backgrounds or sexual orientations or any of that stuff, I just don't really want to hear about it.

:iagree:

Seriously. I don't care if your Muslim, don't need to tell me. I don't care, nor do I want to know if you're gay. Stay in the closet. I don't feel the need to tell people I am straight.

Burghman
05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/ci_3856023
I hate those damn living memorials!