PDA

View Full Version : Bears agreed to terms with TE Matt Spaeth

OX1947
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
A decent blocker with no after-the-catch ability, Spaeth never developed as the Steelers had hoped. He'll likely be limited to a blocking duties under coordinator Mike Martz. The Bears now have Greg Olsen, Brandon Manumaleuna, Kellen Davis, and Spaeth on the roster. This signing does nothing to quiet the Olsen trade talk.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

kirklandrules
07-28-2011, 01:47 PM
I actually thought Spaeth sucked as a blocker. Nothing personal against the guy, he just wan't build for blocking (tall without major upper and lower body strength).

ebsteelers
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
wesley saunders come on in

Kingmagyar
07-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Spaeth better be careful where he decides to publicly urinate in Chicago. it's not called the Windy City for nothing.

Spaeth enjoy your time in Chicago and by the way thanks for that last minute catch against the Jets to beat them in the end zone. Oh you dropped that one. Twice.

And yet another weak link in the steel chain I call the Pittsburgh Steelers removed from the roster.

pancake
07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Good luck big guy...

Time for the Steelers to find another backup...

kirklandrules
07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Spaeth better be careful where he decides to publicly urinate in Chicago. it's not called the Windy City for nothing..

:monkey:

Spaeth enjoy your time in Chicago and by the way thanks for that last minute catch against the Ravens to beat them in the end zone. Oh you dropped that one. Twice.

And yet another weak link in the steel chain I call the Pittsburgh Steelers removed from the roster.

Wasn't that the Jets game?

Atlanta Dan
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Maybe the plan is to bring Starks back to replace Spaeth as a big guy who drops whatever is thrown his way?:noidea:

The superior intellect of Bruce Arians deciding to catch the Jets by surprise and make Spaeth the focus of the passing game in the December loss to the Jets was one of the great moments of the 2010 season

thumper
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Spaeth better be careful where he decides to publicly urinate in Chicago. it's not called the Windy City for nothing.

Spaeth enjoy your time in Chicago and by the way thanks for that last minute catch against the Ravens to beat them in the end zone. Oh you dropped that one. Twice.

:thumbsup:

Farrior_roirraW
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Maybe the plan is to bring Starks back to replace Spaeth as a big guy who drops whatever is thrown his way?:noidea:

The superior intellect of Bruce Arians deciding to catch the Jets by surprise and make Spaeth the focus of the passing game in the December loss to the Jets was one of the great moments of the 2010 season

I think you're giving BA too much credit there.

He just didn't change the game plan. Consistency no matter the weather (or in this case injuries-no Heath Miller.) :chuckle:

55BaileyFan
07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
This opens the door for Saunders...another questionable character player on the roster. Not really shocked, Spaeth really wasn't that good anyway.

Merchant
07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh well. Spaeth was always one of those "Meh" guys.

tanda10506
07-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Glad to see him go, didn't like him at all. A mediocre blocker, a poor receiver, and a horrible clutch player. With all that said though, I don't see why he would go to the Bears. Nothing wrong with the Bears, but they are stacked at TE as previously mentioned.

thumper
07-30-2011, 12:29 AM
This opens the door for Saunders...another questionable character player on the roster. Not really shocked, Spaeth really wasn't that good anyway.

You are being polite. "That good" He sucked. Whoopity doo, he's tall. Sucked as a receiver and as a blocker.

TRH
07-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Good riddance!!

thumper
07-31-2011, 04:45 PM
This just in: Just being tall and standing around when blocking does not
mean he's a "good blocker." "Good" would indicate he could move someone
out of the way once in a while, not just stand there. So he was tall. Super awesome.
The only reason he has made the roster each year is b.c they didn't want to admit
he wasn't such a great draft pick. They should have went OL in his pick AND/or the punter pick.