PDA

View Full Version : Go Steelers! from Germany

MzunguT
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

name's Martin from Wolfsburg, Germany. Been following the Steelers for about 15 years now, but only about last 6-7 years, that I really got into it. Mostly in Germany you only get to see the Super Bowl, so for a long time, it was only game highlights on the internet to keep the spark alive. Last to 2 years I had myself an internet game pass though and followed most of the action live - which is why my friends and family know I'm a Steelers nut now. :tt04:

Funny is I only picked them because my sister had her foreign exchange year way back then close to Pittsburgh - before the internet and everything, I had no idea about the history etc. So glad she didn't go to Baltimore! :applaudit:

Quite hard over here to get really into it, but I think I've got an understanding of what the game is about now.. to enhance that, I will go on a trip to Heinz Field against the Ravens in November. Can't wait..

Go Steelers!

MasterOfPuppets
08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Willkommen auf dem Brett. :hatsoff:

NHSteelerGal
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Grew up outside of Pittsburgh, and my high school had a Foreign Exchange student from Germany! You definitely picked the best team to be a fan of!!

MzunguT
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
For sure! And the good thing is, nobody can even tell me I only did it because the were so successfull - they were not when I picked them and there was not much about the 70's I knew back then. Many people in Germany who are "fans" (more or less) of a team go for the 49ers or the likes and picked them when Joe Montana was popular, which was even here.