PDA

View Full Version : Droughns in jail

Ohio Steeler
05-24-2006, 11:45 PM
CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns surrendered to authorities Wednesday for a night in jail after being charged with domestic violence.

Droughns, 27, was being held without bond until a court hearing Thursday morning, Arapahoe County sheriff Patrol Capt. Mark Fisher said.

Fisher said Droughns faces misdemeanor charges of third-degree assault and harassment for an incident in this suburb south of Denver that happened May 12, three days after a jury in Medina, Ohio, acquitted him of drunken driving.

Fisher said Droughns had left the scene before sheriff's deputies arrived. Droughns turned himself in and was arrested at 3:11 p.m. Wednesday after deputies contacted him through his attorney.

Details of the incident were not provided by authorities. Neither Droughns' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, nor a Browns spokeswoman, Amy Palcic, returned messages left after hours.

Droughns, who signed a three-year contract extension with the Browns earlier this year, rushed for 1,232 yards last season on 309 carries, scoring two touchdowns. He was traded to Cleveland from Denver in March 2005.

Earlier this month, a jury decided Droughns was not impaired by alcohol when an Ohio State Patrol trooper pulled him over Nov. 1. A breath test showed Droughns had an alcohol level of 0.08, the state's legal limit.

Droughns was charged with failing the Breathalyzer test, driving under the influence and traveling 50 mph in a 35-mph zone.

Droughns and his wife, Kellie, disputed the trooper's testimony that Droughns was weaving, and Droughns said he was unfamiliar with the speed limit in the area. Droughns said he drank three ****tails at a Halloween party that night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2457335

j-dawg
05-25-2006, 01:14 AM
man, here we go again... all we need now is for winslow to chase after some kids in his SUV across his neighbors front yards... than lead the police on a slow speed chase down I-71...

Ohio Steeler
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
man, here we go again... all we need now is for winslow to chase after some kids in his SUV across his neighbors front yards... than lead the police on a slow speed chase down I-71...

:sofunny: now thats funny

klick81
05-25-2006, 01:50 AM
CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns surrendered to authorities Wednesday for a night in jail after being charged with domestic violence.

Droughns, 27, was being held without bond until a court hearing Thursday morning, Arapahoe County sheriff Patrol Capt. Mark Fisher said.

Fisher said Droughns faces misdemeanor charges of third-degree assault and harassment for an incident in this suburb south of Denver that happened May 12, three days after a jury in Medina, Ohio, acquitted him of drunken driving.

Fisher said Droughns had left the scene before sheriff's deputies arrived. Droughns turned himself in and was arrested at 3:11 p.m. Wednesday after deputies contacted him through his attorney.

Details of the incident were not provided by authorities. Neither Droughns' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, nor a Browns spokeswoman, Amy Palcic, returned messages left after hours.

Droughns, who signed a three-year contract extension with the Browns earlier this year, rushed for 1,232 yards last season on 309 carries, scoring two touchdowns. He was traded to Cleveland from Denver in March 2005.

Earlier this month, a jury decided Droughns was not impaired by alcohol when an Ohio State Patrol trooper pulled him over Nov. 1. A breath test showed Droughns had an alcohol level of 0.08, the state's legal limit.

Droughns was charged with failing the Breathalyzer test, driving under the influence and traveling 50 mph in a 35-mph zone.

Droughns and his wife, Kellie, disputed the trooper's testimony that Droughns was weaving, and Droughns said he was unfamiliar with the speed limit in the area. Droughns said he drank three ****tails at a Halloween party that night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2457335

Ugh...what the hell's wrong with people. Do they just not know how to stay out of trouble? I mean, maybe it's the fame that kind of attracts bad attention at times, but come on. I remember this guy carrying our lb's on his back...i was quite impressed.

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Oh no......his wife might have to drive to the grocery store in a limo again!!! How dare the authorities!!!

clevestinks
05-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Okay let him off on the DUI charge, then this, see if they would have thrown him in jail he wouldnt have beaten her!!!!

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Okay let him off on the DUI charge, then this, see if they would have thrown him in jail he wouldnt have beaten her!!!!

This guy is a freaking' retard...I mean, they JUST let him off on the DUI charge...can' he wait a week before commiting another crime.

coachspeak33
05-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I am convinced that Browns Stadium will one day internally combust.... that franchise is an absolute joke..... too bad they gave him the contract extension a few weeks back.... then we all could witnes the Cleve Clowns reward another player immediately following an action that not only is an embarassment to his team but the entire league as well..... Man, it is just too easy to hate those brownies.

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 02:40 PM

j-dawg, not meaning to bust on your team, but has this guy always had problems? Coming out of college were there rumors he was an idiot? Were there rumors in Cleveland that he was a problem in the locker room or anything like that? Just curious. Thanks.