PDA

View Full Version : Is Flozell in Camp?

Kingmagyar
07-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Is Flozell Adams in Camp? and what does it mean?

If he is not there then he is going to be cut.

If he is there, he still may get cut at some point, or take less to stay. Will he go back to playing Left Tackle? Flozell, Kemo, Pouncey, Foster, Colon. I'll take it. That's one powerful line.

Kingmagyar
07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Just found the answer to my own question. NO he was released early this morning. I suppose he would not take a paycut or settle for being a backup. More money to sign Plaxico maybe?

I say contact cb Nate Clements just to talk. You never know?

steelax04
07-29-2011, 09:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/29892/steelers-release-ot-flozell-adams

Atlanta Dan
07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Just found the answer to my own question. NO he was released early this morning. I suppose he would not take a paycut or settle for being a backup. More money to sign Plaxico maybe?

I say contact cb Nate Clements just to talk. You never know?

Ed.B. of the P-G posts this morning he has his doubts the Tomlin-Burress dinner date is going to occur, which if true supports my theory that story was issued by Burress and his agent

Bouchette also speculates the money Adams turned down might be offered to Starks

As for Clemsnts, quality CBs are out of the Steelers price range - they are very fortunate Ike reupped or the steelers would be screwed at CB

JCPsteelers
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Clements is more of a safety than a corner at this time in his career. He was toast in SF

steelerchad
07-29-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope they have a better plan than the one I'm seeing for an O-Line this year. I'm worried to say the least. Flozell was probably our 2nd best lineman last year and our most reliable as he played all 16 games.

austinfrench76
07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Flozell turned down an offer to reup? Does anyone know how much was it for??

SteelBlaze1
07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Ben should be very scared right about now...

Sixburgher
07-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Ben should be very scared right about now...

Don't see why. He's played behind a crap offensive line for years.

SteelBlaze1
07-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Don't see why. He's played behind a crap offensive line for years.

Yes...but most of that Crap, just got let go...now what??

Sixburgher
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM

Not that much different than last year when they had linemen dropping like flies left and right. At least now they have a competent line coach for a change and that makes quite a difference. I shudder to think what would've happened last year if that idiot Zierlein was still there. We'd probably be in the market for a new franchise QB as well right now.

Atlanta Dan
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM

The OL departures are like a bad college team graduating its senior starters - is that necessarily a bad thing?

Colon for Adams may be a wash - LT is a problem but it has been a problem for years