PDA

View Full Version : Nick Eason Gone

kirklandrules
07-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Just saw an article on the Trib that Eason signed with Arizona. I liked that guy, but the future is Heyward so it was money saving time.

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/07/29/smith-ready-to-rock/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

MasterOfPuppets
07-29-2011, 01:39 PM
i figured eason would get the boot .... i wouldn't be suprised if larry foote and his 3 mill salary get shown the door as well...

pancake
07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Pittsburgh west moves on... Someone tell them El is available.

truesteelerfan
07-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Bye....you filled in fine, but had reached the best you could with us....too much young talent he would never pass up on the depth chart and probably wanted to make more than the vet minimum

Pittsburgh43
07-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Was looking at the bottom line on ESPN, and Nick Eason was listed along with Ike, Willie and J. Scott as one of the players the Steelers re-signed. I thought he signed with AZ too?

55BaileyFan
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
The Steelers have a lot of good young undrafted free agents in...they will save salary and learn behind veterans. You could see someone like a Ty Boyle take Eason's spot and I think Foote will be gone as well. The Steelers have a lot of young LB and they are so much cheaper.

solardave
07-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Just saw an article on the Trib that Eason signed with Arizona. I liked that guy, but the future is Heyward so it was money saving time.

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/07/29/smith-ready-to-rock/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

You mean he signed with Pittsburgh WEST? That's OK. He was a good backup and he might just start for them. I agree with the addition of Heyward we don't need him anymore.

PhantomJB93
07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Pittsburgh west moves on... Someone tell them El is available.

Guaruntee they sign him, they have literally no receivers now outside of Fitz...

kirklandrules
07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Guaruntee they sign him, they have literally no receivers now outside of Fitz...

Of course they'll sign him. They pick up all Steelers scraps. It's the only way to ensure they sniff 2nd place :wink02:

DuckKevin
08-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Of course they'll sign him. They pick up all Steelers scraps. It's the only way to ensure they sniff 2nd place :wink02:

A long time Cardinals fan, 40 years, and I decided to register here to find out more about all our current and future free agents.

Its unreal how we're taking all your former players but hey if we are going to buy stuff on sale might as well buy it from one of the best stores in the NFL.

So right now I'd appreciate any information on what to expect from Eason. Can he play 3-4 NT? I don't remember him ever spelling Hampton.

thanks

Rick5895
08-13-2011, 02:46 PM
A long time Cardinals fan, 40 years, and I decided to register here to find out more about all our current and future free agents.

Its unreal how we're taking all your former players but hey if we are going to buy stuff on sale might as well buy it from one of the best stores in the NFL.

So right now I'd appreciate any information on what to expect from Eason. Can he play 3-4 NT? I don't remember him ever spelling Hampton.

thanks

He is more of a DE

steeltheone
08-13-2011, 02:59 PM
could not tell the difference if Eason or kiesel was in the game he did well!

ricksteelers55
08-13-2011, 03:08 PM

thanks

He could but only for emergency..other than that he's more of a very serviceable DE

kirklandrules
08-14-2011, 04:40 AM

thanks

I don't think you want Nick playing a 3-4 NT. He's a DE and not built, nor has the experience for the NT. The good news is your team got a winner when they picked him up. Here's an older article that shows the type of character Eason has:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_703464.html

solardave
08-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Pittsburgh west moves on... Someone tell them El is available. And Foote.

Curtain_of_Steel
08-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Can only carry so many Dline guys if they are going to keep Smith, Someone has to go. Especially if Heywodd can step right in, which first indications are, he can.

Its just a shame Ziggy has to now potentially take a back seat after the hole he plugged last year. I would much rather use smiths money to try to pry away Asante from the Eagles. Take Smith at 5mill and what they would have to give a 2nd rd pick next year with bnonus and you have 7million covered already by using that pick. They can not possibly think GayMac is the answer there?