PDA

View Full Version : Hope to see a lot more of Redman this Year

3rdandlong
07-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Isaac Redman needs to get the ball a lot more this year. I was so impressed with the kid when he got the chance to carry the ball. He consistently picked up at least 4 yards a carry. He's more of a grinder than Mendenhall, something very important when we are playing the Ravens. That's my biggest knock on Mendenhall, he doesn't get the tough yards as much as I would like. I don't know why Tomlin didn't utilize Redman more often. Maybe he's not as good at other aspects of the RB position, but he definitely has a strength that would be of great benefit to the offense, especially in the red zone

Aussie Steeler
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Couldn't agree more. He gained solid yards last year, and can't forget that big play winning catch against the Ravens!

tanda10506
07-29-2011, 10:01 PM
That play against the Ravens was great, not good, great. I would defenitly like to see him more.

solardave
07-30-2011, 03:03 PM
He plays with an attitude and I really like that about him. I would love to see him in more often. He's not afraid to stick his head in there and mix it up yet he has moves too.

Corey_J
07-30-2011, 05:14 PM
John Clay will take touches from him. Ive watched Clay for years here in madison wi and he is a monster !

austinfrench76
07-30-2011, 05:32 PM
The more touches he, or anyone for that matter, takes from Mendenhall is a very good thing for the Steelers. I don't say that to because I don't love Rashard, I do. I say that because it extends Mendenhall's career. I would love to see him be a feature back for us for many, many years! We have a pretty good group of backs now with Mendy, Redman, Dwyer and Clay. I know that Clay hasn't taken a single snap in the league yet but he just looks like a Steeler back. Some big and nasty boys!!! That's Steeler football all the way!

austinfrench76
07-30-2011, 05:33 PM
And I forgot Batch! Unproven but still feels like a Steeler RB.

Rick5895
07-31-2011, 08:52 AM
John Clay will take touches from him. Ive watched Clay for years here in madison wi and he is a monster !

I am looking forward to seeing what Clay can bring us. I thought Dwyer would be that surprise back, but once again he's out of shape. Hopefully Clay will be a steal and a backfield with Mendy, Redman and Clay might just be a very good thing.

solardave
07-31-2011, 09:24 AM
I am looking forward to seeing what Clay can bring us. I thought Dwyer would be that surprise back, but once again he's out of shape. Hopefully Clay will be a steal and a backfield with Mendy, Redman and Clay might just be a very good thing.

I look for Dwyer to be cut either during or right after camp. I just don't think he is mentally all there.
Where did Clay come from? UDFA??

Corey_J
07-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Clay has the ability to take that 3rd and 2 to the house. He will also soften up those linebackers so mendy can scoot around them !

Corey_J
07-31-2011, 11:24 AM
I look for Dwyer to be cut either during or right after camp. I just don't think he is mentally all there.
Where did Clay come from? UDFA??
Yes he was ! I guess Pittsburgh is where to go for Badger RBs. John Clay to the steelers and Zack Brown to the University of Pitts :applaudit:

55BaileyFan
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
At camp yesterday Clay and Baron Batch look really good. I think that there is going to be a good competition between Redman, Dwyer, Batch and Clay for some carries but I doubt we will carry all four unless we are going to carry Redman mainly as a FB.

pancake
07-31-2011, 03:01 PM
I read that Dwyer looked like a Nose tackle running around. My guess he will be cut, since he is not preparing himself like he should.

kirklandrules
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
I read that Dwyer looked like a Nose tackle running around. My guess he will be cut, since he is not preparing himself like he should.

Just makes me wonder how these guys can piss away an opportunity (if you love the sport and get picked up by a team that is in the hunt year after year) and just allow themselves to become fat pigs. Maybe it's just a matter of having more natural talent than heart. I say cut that porker Dwyer and see how Clay is the real deal.

truesteelerfan
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't care who gets the carries, but I also agree someone's gotta give Mendy a break more frequently. He's definately been a good back for us, but like Parker...too many carries and you get wore down... Can't run our feature back 400 carries when we have other options to extend his career.