PDA

View Full Version : Steelers re-signed P Daniel Sepulveda

OX1947
07-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Sepulveda's bum knee apparently checked out. Sepulveda is capable of being one of the league's better punters when healthy, but he has as many ACL tears as seasons to his name (three). His signing likely brings the Jeremy Kapinos era to a quick and unceremonious end in Pittsburgh.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?rw=1

StainlessStill
07-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Damn. I thought he was was going to be released. Shocking move since they signed Bates last week. Good to see the team showing support to win his job back. I hope he pans out. Dude has a monster leg when healthy.

fer522
07-31-2011, 10:04 AM
:banging: :banging: :banging:

tanda10506
07-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I hope he can stay healthy. Often times the punter is over looked, but punters like Sepulveda can win you the field position battle all game.

55BaileyFan
07-31-2011, 12:12 PM
He was resigned at a lower deal and it is to get some competition in camp...Aaron Bates and Kapinos average is much less than Sepulveda's and neither of them can pinpoint the ball or put the ball inside the 20 like him.

They want to give him a chance and I am all for it.

thumper
07-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Often times the punter is over looked, but punters like Sepulveda can win you the field position battle all game.

Not when they aren't healthy enough to play. This guy has been
a curse since they drafted him. Fo wheel.

truesteelerfan
07-31-2011, 10:31 PM
I loved this pick when we took him....loved the way he tackled (he likely had to a lot at Baylor), but he's been a big disappointment. Hopefully they brought in the competition just so IF he gets hurt again, we'll already know who we're going to call.

DanRooney
08-01-2011, 03:12 AM
:banging: :banging: :banging:

I don't know what you're mad about. Sepulveda has one of the best legs in the league. Are you related to this guy or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFccVW9X6l0&feature=related

Fire Arians
08-01-2011, 11:28 AM
im surprised he didnt break his arm while signing the contract

Curtain_of_Steel
08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I thnk I rather have Kapinos who is a punter in a punters body, rather than a punter who wants to take on 250lb guys and get hurt.
Plus Kapinos IMO did pretty good, he may not have boomed them, but he kicked them into coverage which allowed the ST's to cover better.

cloppbeast
08-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Mathmatically, teams should pretty much never punt outside of their own red-zone. I would prefer to have the worst punter in the league with the lowest salary - perhaps even have a punter/kicker to save a roster spot.

thumper
08-01-2011, 04:20 PM
This is an ego-saving move. Sepulveda has tore a knee, what, every single
season so far? Oh, yea, some fans get caught up in his juiced up look and
him making tackles in college. SO F--KING what? He's not paid to tackle, he's
paid to punt, and punt long and with direction inside the 20 AND to actually
be healthy enough to play. I think it's gay how some think he is so good because
he used to juice and have big arms. How is that working out for Brady Quinn?
Having big guns is irrelevant if you can't play or stay healthy, period.

I am pretty sure it's safe to say Sepulveda was juicing in college. That should be
a red flag to anyone evaluating talent b.c juicing means drop in performance if
he can't juice in NFL AND future of juicers is often injuries, as we have seen with this guy.

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/sepulveda_baylor.jpg

caplovestroyp43
08-01-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm happy! Yeah Suppy!!! You go!!

tony hipchest
08-02-2011, 12:52 AM
aussi roll...

aussi roll...

i wanna see that aussi roll.