I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and
consider signing yourself.

clevestinks
05-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I`m all over it! Thanks Lyn

PisnNapalm
05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Why? In my opinion.... They should pack up Rolling Rock and ship it to Cincy. That's where all things that suck belong.

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Why? In my opinion.... They should pack up Rolling Rock and ship it to Cincy. That's where all things that suck belong.

While I do agree with you that the beer is nasty (watered down perfume anyone?), the loss of jobs is not something I'm happy to see.

SteelerDan43
05-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Rolling Rock is apart of Latrobe, its a part of the Steelers. It would be like moving Iron City. Just a bad deal all the way around

Suitanim
05-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey! I like Green Light!

(Although, admittedly more for it's 83 calories and 2.3 carbs per beer than it's taste)

SteelerDan43
05-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Big companies suck, look out for the little guy and buy local

SteelerzGirl
05-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Rolling Rock is apart of Latrobe, its a part of the Steelers. It would be like moving Iron City. Just a bad deal all the way around

I agree. I don't particularly care for Rolling Rock, but a lot of people do like it and that's okay, too. I also hate to see potential local jobs lost.

I'm signature #3345, Lyn. Thanks for posting the link. :smile:

SteelCityMan786
05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
I might be under 21 and not drink Rolling Rock(I don't break the drinking law). But that doesn't mean i can't petition for Rolling Rock To Stay now does it?

Stlrs4Life
05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
I liked Rolling Rock, Ole #33! It's a shame what is happening to it. I signed, but doubt it will do anything.

Prosdo
05-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Signed the petition!

Hammer67
05-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I hope Rolling Rock stays (I don't like it much, but I don't like Iron City, either) for the jobs and the namesake.

Unfortunately, these petitions never do anything. It's a business decision.

I do have to disagree with the assertion that all big companies suck. I work contract with Ford in their IT department and I have never worked for a company (including small companies) so involved with charities or that gives back so much. My coworkers and I continually donate time and money to soup kitchens and Habitat for Humanity among others. And, this is encouraged from the top down in internal memos.

Lyn
05-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for sticking up for a big company. Most large companies (and small companies alike) give back. I used to work at a country club as office manager. The amount of golf outings we had for charity was astronomical and that is where I learned that business gives back.