PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign a fa corner

Wallabeast17
07-31-2011, 11:54 AM
William gay! You may hav seen him before wearing the number 22 and getting plowed over by ap and totally letting the opposing recievers run free! :'(

solardave
07-31-2011, 12:49 PM
William gay! You may hav seen him before wearing the number 22 and getting plowed over by ap and totally letting the opposing recievers run free! :'(

:rofl::puke:

tanda10506
07-31-2011, 01:04 PM
What a depressing thing to read after a title like that. You got me! Why do we re-sign players (and offensive coordinators) that work against the team.

StainlessStill
07-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Willie Gay is still young. We gave him his shot at starting corner. It didn't work out. However, I can live with him being our Nickel/Dime guy. He was money in that role last season. Like the rest of our defense, Gay actually had good coverage against most pass's in the Super Bowl, problem was, Rodgers put them on a LASER. I'm confident in our FO and giving these guys time to become good players.

stb_steeler
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Gay had his chance to prove himself.....We could use a good bench warmer in December!:coffee:

Kingmagyar
07-31-2011, 03:36 PM
I still would take Gay over McFadden. McFadden is just out there making tackles as receivers catch the ball in front of him. Gay at least plays tight. Still neither is the answer as a starter. For what they both make and Will Allen, I wonder if the Steelers could have signed Richard Marshall from Carolina who got 15 million over three years and would be an improvement on what we have. or somebody else?

55BaileyFan
07-31-2011, 04:03 PM
I was hoping they would let him go and sign someone...ANYONE else...

steeltheone
07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Gay is only a fraction of our poor pass coverage...Lots of blame to spread around!

kirklandrules
07-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Gay is only a fraction of our poor pass coverage...Lots of blame to spread around!

That's right. And it doesn't help that BMac and Troy were walking wounded at best.

fer522
07-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Wallabeast17

I Fuucking hate you :chuckle: :sofunny:

Farrior_roirraW
07-31-2011, 06:46 PM
I like Gay in the slot but was kind of happy when I read that one of the even younger guys were going to have a chance to step up and get some major playing time like Brown, Allen, Butler or Lewis.

Wallabeast17
07-31-2011, 07:11 PM
I Fuucking hate you :chuckle: :sofunny:

Don't shoot the messenger :crying01: haha

ggoldman
07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I want to see what Crezdon and Keenan can bring to the table

meelanova
08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I want to see what Crezdon and Keenan can bring to the table

Same here. Sadly, it doesnt look like they'll see the light of day.

Wallabeast17
08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
There's hope! Don't give up! Haha

wyn50
08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Hope the rookies can step up, then we donʻt have to worry about it.

tony hipchest
08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
That's right. And it doesn't help that BMac and Troy were walking wounded at best.

people seem to forget this. good thing we didnt put all our eggs in the kyle wilson basket.

how's that 1st round cb working out for the jets?

tunes4life
08-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Plus, if he wasn't on the team, we wouldn't have comments like this that I can get a laugh at:

I like Gay in the slot

Aussie Steeler
08-02-2011, 07:26 AM
I still would take Gay over McFadden. McFadden is just out there making tackles as receivers catch the ball in front of him. Gay at least plays tight. Still neither is the answer as a starter. For what they both make and Will Allen, I wonder if the Steelers could have signed Richard Marshall from Carolina who got 15 million over three years and would be an improvement on what we have. or somebody else?

McFadden over Gay? That's crazy talk.
You mention that McFadden is "out there making tackles as receivers catch the ball in front of him". Well, that is precisely the cornerback role in LeBeau's defensive scheme which is why the Steelers don't give up many big plays. McFadden, and moreso Ike Taylor, are cornerbacks who fit in the Steeler scheme as they generally keep the man infront of them, and they can both tackle very well. This is because our defensive scheme relies on the LB's and DL's to pressure the QB, rather than coverage LB's or DL's.

Curtain_of_Steel
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Looks like Asante is not happy in Philadelphia. From what I read his salary is around 5.9mill. Age 30.. Probowl player.

How can we not go after him? I read the Eagles are looking possibly at a 2nd day draft pick. Seriously? I'll pick him up in Philly and drive him to Pittsburgh.

That is the 7th ring sitting right there.

Curtain_of_Steel
08-02-2011, 08:37 AM
My bad, 5.9mill cap hit for the Eagles, I think.. In a trade it might be 9mill. But he could restructure it I'm sure.

Him and Ike, dump Mac, take the 2.5mill savings.

MACH1
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Here is his new team photo.

http://www.coldtoast.com/images/toastSliceWhiteBkgd.jpg

Avoid-Lloyd
08-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Gay has to be the worst cb I have ever seen. I don't know why anyone says that they don't mind him play nickel. He was just as bad in that spot as he was as a starter. If I recall correctly, he got beat continuously by a slow, rookie TE last season against the Pats. That's a cb being beat by a blocking TE. That's just plain embarrassing! He should be paying the Steelers to get to be on the team, not the other way around.

PhantomJB93
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Why did we resign Moore? He's been on the decline for years, Redman already does everything he does better, and Batch already looks better than him in camp...I guess maybe they want a veteran presence or something but it just seems like a wasted signing to me...

Gay I understand, when used IN MODERATON he can be very effective...but he should not be on the field nearly every snap. I'd like to see a nickel rotation of sorts with Gay, Butler, and Brown all getting time...

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:14 PM
billy gay is gonna make the pro bowl this year

ricardisimo
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
billy gay is gonna make the pro bowl this year
And I will eat my shorts (it's a good thing I like wearing edible panties.)

ebsteelers
08-03-2011, 07:51 AM
And I will eat my shorts (it's a good thing I like wearing edible panties.)

hahahaaha