PDA

View Full Version : Bode predictions

pancake
07-31-2011, 03:05 PM
My bold prediction is Sweed makes the team and starts showing his potential.

What you got???

DanRooney
07-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Well its between Sweed and Wes Lyons. Not looking good for Sweed today. Wes made a pretty impressive catch over two defenders and Sweed is sitting out nursing his hamstring.

pete74
07-31-2011, 05:09 PM
I can't belive some of you are still holding out hope for Sweed. He is a bust

steeltheone
07-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Probably because he has never stayed healthy enough to see in long stretches....I sorta lean your way....Bust

Farrior_roirraW
07-31-2011, 06:09 PM

While this is true I still can't convince myself.

fer522
07-31-2011, 06:16 PM
F#ck!!!!!!!!! this shit is depressing :banging::banging:
and yes he's a BUST:mad:

stb_steeler
07-31-2011, 06:24 PM

Now with a hamstring injury....How did he get that, sitting on the bench to long!
HUGE BUST

steelerchad
07-31-2011, 06:32 PM

I'm still hoping. Hines is done and we could use 1 more good young receiver.

pete74
07-31-2011, 06:42 PM
it would be nice if Sweed came back catching balls like a #1 WR and i actually thought i may have been wrong about him when he was talking a good game about him being the steelers tall WR but after the latest injury on saturday i lost what little hope i had left

StainlessStill
07-31-2011, 07:37 PM
I think the offense explodes this season. Looks like we signed Mewelde, fine, always loved Moore but I was looking forward to maybe scooping up a valuable 3rd down back on the market but looks like that won't happen. I'm hoping one of the young guys step up, like Isaac Redman. We have a very, very fast offense, lets just hope the offensive line keeps intact and gives Ben a damn chance. Pouncey and Gilbert should help that cause, as well as Colon.

So, my prediction is we will see more production of 6's instead of 3's with our offense and score some points. My rising star: Emmanuel Sanders.

55BaileyFan
07-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Sweed wasn't impressive in camp yesterday and Wes Lyons will not make the team. He was really bad in college and was just as bad during camp for the Jets. I thought Eric Greenwood looked really good in camp and made some really good catches.

ebsteelers
07-31-2011, 09:35 PM
rising star: baron batch

steeltheone
08-01-2011, 02:34 AM
rising star: baron batch

Wow ..Now thats a prediction!

ebsteelers
08-01-2011, 07:54 AM
lol... i am really hoping he sticks,
think he could be a very useful 3rd down back, blocking and catching..

solardave
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM

What you got???

Pouncey starts in the Pro bowl.

Harrison gets a fine for calling Brady a Pansy ASS!!! Gets suspended for appealing it.

Goodell and Kraft get married!!!:hug: Brady is the MAID OF HONOR!!!

Ocho and Haynesworth are the BEST MEN!!!:thumbsup:

How's that?

pancake
08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Pouncey starts in the Pro bowl.

Harrison gets a fine for calling Brady a Pansy ASS!!! Gets suspended for appealing it.

Goodell and Kraft get married!!!:hug: Brady is the MAID OF HONOR!!!

Ocho and Haynesworth are the BEST MEN!!!:thumbsup:

How's that?

This thread is bold predictions, these seem like sure bets... :chuckle:

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
how about another bold prediction

billy gay turns into a shut down corner...

then i wake up

The Lakelander
08-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Uh let's see ...

Week 1 ... Jeff Reed is re-signed after Suisham breaks his toe kicking a trash can in the locker room after missing a game winner from the 18 yard line in Baltimore ... Steeler 0-1

Week 2 ... Troy's achilles is aggrevated ... out 3 weeks ... causing the fans to believe in Super Bowl hangovers ... Ben to Wallace for 2 long TD's ... Steelers 1-1

Week 3 ... PRIME TIME! ... Dan Rooney passes suddenly in Ireland the week leading up to the game ... the city mourns ... The media swoons over the Patriarch Rooney ... Peyton picks apart a Troy-less secondary ... Steelers 1-2

Week 4 ... Jeff Reed misses an 18 yarder at the buzzer in hurricane riddled Reliant Stadium ... Steelers win on 2nd play of OT on a James Harrison fumble-sack returned by Potsie for a TD ... the fans call for Arians head on a plate because his pass heavy offense throws 63 times in a hurricane ... Steelers 2-2

Week 5 ... Steelers rush for 233 yards and the defense picks Hasselbeck twice in a blowout win ... fans proclaim Arians the second coming of Ron Erhardt ... Steelers 3-2

Week 6 ... Troy returns at 80% just in time to see Aaron Smith tear a rotator cuff ... Steelers D can't stop Garrard and Jones-Drew AGAIN! ... Steelers 3-3

Week 7 ... Steelers East trounce Steelers West as Kolb is sacked 8 times and Emmanual Sanders returns to offense after 6 week layover (plus camp) Ike Taylor shuts down Fitz ... Steelers 4-3

Week 8 ... Brady dinks-danks-dunks his way all over Heinz Field ... Steelers D pressures Brady all day (but fail to sack him) and get flagged 9 times ... but Ben-Wallace-Sanders-Brown are on fire ... Steelers keep it close but lose on a Big Ben to Darius Butler pick-6 late in the 4th quarter ... Steelers 4-4

Week 9 ... PRIME TIME! ... Baltimore loses 9-6 in a gruesome defensive bloodfest ... Fans boo Arians as he exits the field ... Tomlin is unusually animated in his post-game presser, calling out his defense for 4 unnecessary roughness penalties and defending Arians for the lack of execution by his offensive veterans ... Steelers 5-4

Week 10 ... Steelers blow away Cincy in The Jungle as offense and defense put on a show ... Wallace is unstoppable! (2 more deep TD's) ... Mendenhall rushes for 138 ... Steelers 6-4

Week 11 ... much needed bye week

Week 12 ... PRIME TIME! ... Steelers win a high-scoring shoot-out in KC on a late FG by Jeff Reed ... Offense looks unstoppable for second straight game! ... Steelers 7-4

Week 13 ... Heinz Field is a pig pen of mud after the college and high school season takes its toll on the playing surface ... Ben is concussed on a flagless blow to the helmet ... Steelers D is flagged 9 times ... Willie Gay pick-6 saves the day late in the 4th Quarter after Charlie Batch can't get the offense working ... Steelers 8-4

Week 14 ... PRIME TIME! ... Ben sits ... Batch is better this time after game planning, hitting Wallace and Sanders on deep TD's ... Steelers D sacks Colt McCoy 6 times ... Steelers 9-4

Week 15 ... PRIME TIME! ... Ben returns ... rusty! .. throws 4 picks ... jet-lagged Steelers don't show up and lose ugly! ... prompting the naysayer Berman on ESPN to call the Steelers an over-the-hill franchise ... Steelers 9-5

Week 16 ... In a must-win snowfest at Heinz Field, Steelers fumble 3 times, keeping St. Louis in the game late ... a late Sam Bradford to Mike Sims-Walker TD ices the Steelers in front of a dejected home crowd ... Steeler 9-6

Week 17 ... Steelers must win and get help to earn a playoff berth, as Baltimore (10-5) holds the division lead ... 10-6 is not good enough for a wild card because the Patriots (10-5) hold the tie-breaker and have Buffalo at home ... but the Rats play Cincy (3-13) in The Jungle ... Steelers win ugly in Cleveland but the Rats trounce the flailing Bengals ... Steelers miss the playoffs, prompting the Fire Arians cries throughout Steelers Nation.

zsheik22
08-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Batch will take Memo's 3rd down job eventually.

I appreciate moore and everything he's done, but I just think Baron batch will be more efficient as time goes on.

pancake
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM

I know Pete, I still hold out hope... :noidea:

pancake
08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Pancake - Sweed makes team and contibutes to the team.

Stainless Still - we will see more production of 6's instead of 3's with our offense and score some points

ebsteelers - rising star: baron batch and billy gay turns into a shut down corner...

Solar dave - Pouncey starts in the Pro bowl

zsheik22 - Batch will take Memo's 3rd down job eventually.

We need to add more

SteelCityMom
08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
lSPNQ82Sq4E

I think it's going to be a rough year. I'm hoping for the better, but this team hasn't exactly impressed after SB appearances.

Hopefully losing the SB makes them come back with an even bigger chip on their shoulders than they had last year....cause they are going to need it. No more wishy-washy after SB season please!

pancake
08-05-2011, 05:12 PM
lSPNQ82Sq4E

I think it's going to be a rough year. I'm hoping for the better, but this team hasn't exactly impressed after SB appearances.

Hopefully losing the SB makes them come back with an even bigger chip on their shoulders than they had last year....cause they are going to need it. No more wishy-washy after SB season please!

lol... So do you have a prediction that we can define? Are you saying losing season or just missing the playoffs?

PhantomJB93
08-05-2011, 05:13 PM
My bold predictions:

-Sweed overcomes his past problems and becomes a dominant red zone target, taking the 4th receiver spot from Antonio Brown (catching has always been his only problem, he has great size and speed and may be the best route runner on the team)

-Emmanuel Sanders leads the team in receptions and receiving TDs

-Baron Batch becomes the full-time 3rd down back by week 6; Moore limited to special teams

-Crezdon Butler steals the second starting CB spot from Mcfadden; Mcfadden, Gay, and Brown all rotate at nickel

ebsteelers
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Stainless Still - we will see more production of 6's instead of 3's with our offense and score some points

ebsteelers - rising star: baron batch and billy gay turns into a shut down corner...

We need to add more

to mine :rofl:

i really hope they can happen

Fire Arians
08-05-2011, 05:24 PM
my predictions:

- emmanuel sanders gets more receptions than ward
- mcfadden and gay are both on the bench
- keenan lewis / butler win the #2 cb spot, curtis brown becomes the nickel back
- rashard mendenhall will lead the NFL in rushing
- sweed will earn a spot on the roster and see the field everytime we go 4-wide

SteelCityMom
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM
lol... So do you have a prediction that we can define? Are you saying losing season or just missing the playoffs?

Well...I don't like being pessimistic, I always think they have a shot at winning...my gut just tells me, not that they're going to have a losing season, but possibly miss the playoffs. I hope to hell that I'm wrong, and I'll gladly eat crow if I am, I just don't have the best feeling about this year (yet).

theplatypus
08-05-2011, 05:59 PM
14-2 losses to Baltimore and Cleveland

mizzouristeeler
08-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Mendenhall will have 15 tds at least

steeltheone
08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
14-2 losses to Baltimore and Cleveland

IMO.... We just are not that good. (14-2) But i'll take it!

theplatypus
08-05-2011, 07:25 PM
IMO.... We just are not that good. (14-2) But i'll take it!

He asked for bold predictions.

ricksteelers55
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I think mendenhall gets injured this year and we will have to run by comitee

theplatypus
08-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Drafting Marcus Gilbert pays off immediately and our O-line is a strength providing an outstanding power running game and an explosive air attack.

It's not black and gold kool-aid its LSD dyed to look like black and gold kool-aid.

solardave
08-07-2011, 03:26 PM

We need to add more

"Squeeezem" turns out to be a real clutch kicker. Better than Reed ever was. Wins 3 games for us. 2 against the Rats.

#1LambertFan
08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
"Squeeezem" turns out to be a real clutch kicker. Better than Reed ever was. Wins 3 games for us. 2 against the Rats.

That is awful bold. My bet is we win by atleast 8 in one of those games this year against the Rats.

pancake
08-30-2011, 07:19 AM

What you got???

FAIL!!!

:toofunny:

pancake
08-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Epic fail... lol

ebsteelers
02-08-2012, 08:05 AM
how about another bold prediction

billy gay turns into a shut down corner...

then i wake up

:applaudit:

not to bad.... gay had a much better year than many people had expected

maybe not a shut down corner but defintely mad some big plays

ebsteelers
02-08-2012, 08:06 AM
I think mendenhall gets injured this year and we will have to run by comitee

unbelievable... it took till week 17 but you were on to something here

ebsteelers
02-08-2012, 08:07 AM

We need to add more

batch had potential till he hurt his knee.. pouncey would of started if he wasnt hurt

we had some 6s during the year, but in the playoffs when we needed a 6 early we were only getting 3

pancakes prediction got pancaked lol

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 08:09 AM
unbelievable... it took till week 17 but you were on to something here

Mendenhall actually got injured early as well and we busted out that running gameplan.