PDA

View Full Version : Dixon testing trade interest

BritishSteel
07-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Had a quick look and couldn't see ref. to this.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6820696/dennis-dixon-no-show-pittsburgh-steelers-camp

I supposed it was going to happen eventually. Dunno if he's likely to generate enough interest for someone to put up a 5th or 6th round pick for him. No idea what he's on salary wise, but he not likely to be much of a saving against the Cap. With him being restricted, I guess we could match any offer, but it sounds like he's more interest in playing.

Atlanta Dan
07-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Says he wants to compete for a starting job - he had his chance to show his talents the first 4 weeks of last season - good luck with a team wanting to bring Dixon in to learn their system with no off season

He comes back and I suppose stays so Tomlin can have another shot at cutting Batch

steeltheone
07-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Can't blame they guy for wanting a shot...Not gonna get it here!

Kingmagyar
07-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Well he proved that he can play in 2 whole games and not throw a TD pass. I'm sure teams are lining up to sign this guy and give him a chance to start. What were the Eagles thinking signing Vince Young when they could have had Dennis Dixon?

Ruffneck525
07-31-2011, 08:56 PM
i'm not mad at Dixon The kid wants to play not sit behind Ben waiting for an injury opportunity.

Somewhere like Chicago with the quitter Cutler should trade for Dixon and let the kid get his shot.
I like Dixon and I wish him well whatever happens.