PDA

View Full Version : your 1st alcoholic beverage

tony hipchest
05-25-2006, 09:50 PM
i love my beer, but as a kid thought whiskey (and all liquor) was candy in a bottle. when can you 1st remember tasting alcohol? how old were you for your 1st drink?

i was about 3-4 and can remember both grandfathers giving me sips.

when i was 9 i had my 1st beer, and my first drink (jim beam and 7-up) and got hammered both times.

disclaimer: for those who dont drink, youre probably better off.

for those who are waiting to become of legal age, you got a lot of catching up to do.

either way :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
05-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Red wine........from my pap.

Koopa
05-25-2006, 09:57 PM
*according to my mom* when i was a almost 2 years old, we had my cousins living with us cause they just got married and didn't have a house, and i still drinking out of a bottle, and she told me that my cousins husband put beer in my bottle (damn messican). so if that's true that was my first time lol.

but the first that i actually remember was like when i was 12, me and my cousin snuck a beer out of the ice cooler and drank it.

btw i hate beer, i can't drink it for some reason. i guess i lost the taste for it when i gave it up for lent, cause when lent was over i couldn't even finish a full beer so now i just drink liquor (jim beam)

shimmysteelerfan
05-25-2006, 09:57 PM
coors original from my dad......mmmm good!!!

SteelerDan43
05-25-2006, 10:03 PM
First legal one was a Molson Canadian in Canada on my 19th birthday. Turn 21 in Sept. it will be great. I do remember being like 8 or 9 and gettin a sip or two.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-25-2006, 10:10 PM
I remember accidently taking a sip of my Step Dad's wine when I was about 5 or 6. But I started really drinking at 12. I havn't stopped since. I should probally since I do have liver problems. But we all have to die someday because thats the American way and I said to much and drank to little.

Stlrs4Life
05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Beer, IC Light. Always was beer. Once in awhile I enjoy some good Red Wine, some good home made Deigo Red.

3 to be 4
05-25-2006, 11:07 PM
the very first was as a little kid drinking Cold Duck. the very first "EF-it, im gonna DRINK"
when i was 16 was a bottle of Heffenreffer.

Lyn
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I was in hs and my mom and dad had a wine cabinet. Need I say more.

SteelerzGirl
05-26-2006, 12:27 AM
I was in hs and my mom and dad had a wine cabinet. Need I say more.

(gasp) You bad, bad girl...(lol)! :smile:

I remember my Dad giving me and my brother and sisters little sips of beer when we were young. I think us folks who live in Steelers Country were weened off the bottle/breast with beer...(lol).

When I first started hangin' w/boys, we drank Genesee, AKA Genny, because it was cheap. :yuck:

3 to be 4
05-26-2006, 06:39 AM
later on...it was Molson Golden, Heineken Dark (bleh!),screwdrivers (which even my friend banned me from because i got mental), but my all time favorite was anything with Kahlua. Mudslides, Brandy Alexanders, and chinese drinks.
ah, youth! dont miss it one bit.

Livinginthe past
05-26-2006, 06:49 AM
The most popular 1st drink over here in the UK is cider.

Do you guys get that at all over there?

Funnily enough it is nearly always alot stronger in alcohol content than the lager/beer that we graduate on to.

My first drink was called 'K' cider and it was 8.4% - I was rolling in the streets after 3 bottles of it.

I was 15

NM

Hammer67
05-26-2006, 07:52 AM
As I am told...5 years old, at a family party. Some of the adults are a bit careless and set their half drank glasses or beer/wine on coffee tables, end tables, etc. They turn to talk or get up to go to the bathroom or leave the room for a second. Of course, when they return, they find their cups empty. Confusion sets in. Then my grandfather notices me stumbling around and walking into walls (the normal drunken moves). Put 2 & 2 together and no more cups are left on the lower tables!!! :chug:

At 30, my drink of choice is beer. Good beer. Tennents, Guinness, etc.

clevestinks
05-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Stoneys Beer from Southern PA

Prosdo
05-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Probably when I was 8 years old my grandfather gave me sips of his Iron City. Other than that won't be 21 for about 18 months lol.

tony hipchest
05-26-2006, 03:57 PM
The most popular 1st drink over here in the UK is cider.

Do you guys get that at all over there?

Funnily enough it is nearly always alot stronger in alcohol content than the lager/beer that we graduate on to.

My first drink was called 'K' cider and it was 8.4% - I was rolling in the streets after 3 bottles of it.

I was 15

NM ive heard of it but never seen it. the german air force is stationned here so i have tried applecorn at their oktoberfests. it tastes like cider but is more of a hard liquor. i prefer jaegermeister much more though (more candy in a bottle).

Volpe1564
05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
i was prolly 6-7 when i stole the first can of Ol' German off my old man....then it was IC light at 13...lol

Livinginthe past
05-26-2006, 05:20 PM
ive heard of it but never seen it. the german air force is stationned here so i have tried applecorn at their oktoberfests. it tastes like cider but is more of a hard liquor. i prefer jaegermeister much more though (more candy in a bottle).

You have to try some - it'll have you flying.

Its sweet which means that I have gone off the taste a little (when I wa syounger I couldn't stomach lager) - but one friend of mine will still drink it - then again...he would drink lighter fluid if we had nothing else.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-26-2006, 05:34 PM
First time I got drunk: Peppermint schnapps Haven't touched it since,and that was 25 yrs. ago.

BBC
05-26-2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.mondobirra.org/sfondi/iron_City1.jpg

Hammer67
05-27-2006, 09:52 AM
http://www.mondobirra.org/sfondi/iron_City1.jpg

Iron City and Budweiser are two beers I can't touch. I can't drink them. They rip my insides apart and make me feel like hell the next day. They don't even taste all that good. In fact, if Iron City wasn't from Pittsburgh, I am convinced no one would drink it! :sofunny:

Ohio Steeler
05-27-2006, 10:40 AM
my 1st was a beer if you call it that , Black Label Beer

http://www.mibeercans.com/images/Carling/Carling_B55-21_Black_Label_P.JPG