PDA

View Full Version : Cam Heyward

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
is it just me or does he look like a 35 year old man ?

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:40 AM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Training-Camp-Diary/7e750619-84e4-48b1-8049-31f7c686a214

Wallabeast17
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM
That he does, I hope he plays like the other old men on the d line!(withou the injurys)
I also liked that intense picture of Timmons!!! Haha

thumper
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Is Joe Greene on the staff now? Not only was he there but he is in Steeler T-shirt.
Not that it matters other than for nostalgic purposes.

I love Keisel. His beard is awesome.

Looking a those pics reminds me of one thing: Window is closing. Our core is getting
old. As long as we have Ben, we can rebuild if we draft wise. But we will soon be losing
Ward, Hampton, Troy, Smith, Starks (maybe already), Hotel (already), Keisel, Miller,
Farrior, Clark. That's a lot of player folks.

Farrior_roirraW
08-02-2011, 01:02 PM
ILooking a those pics reminds me of one thing: Window is closing. Our core is getting
old. As long as we have Ben, we can rebuild if we draft wise. But we will soon be losing
Ward, Hampton, Troy, Smith, Starks (maybe already), Hotel (already), Keisel, Miller,
Farrior, Clark. That's a lot of player folks.

:huh: Miller is not that old...

thumper
08-02-2011, 01:26 PM
:huh: Miller is not that old...

He'll turn 29 this fall. Not a spring chicken. He has a few years, but
not much more than that. TEs over 30 tend to not be that productive.
Yes, there are exceptions but that is not the norm.

Farrior_roirraW
08-02-2011, 02:03 PM

I'm not worried about it. Too many fans think whenever a player hits 30 he's done, which is ridiculous. I remember after SB XL people were saying the same thing about Farrior and I'm sure I don't have to point out how ridiculous of a statement that was. Most positions don't drop off until 33/34 not 30 and a lot are still productive after that. But there's no point in arguing about this because obviously no one can tell with one play how that'll turn out as there is case to be made for both sides however Steelers draft good stock, haha.

Anyways, the Steelers have been rebuilding so I'm not sure why a lot of people on here get antsy about it. Besides Hampton we won't need a replacement for any position for a few years (I'm talking about Clark and Troy here). They drafted CBs so were really young there and developing talent for when Ike's done/end of contract/retires. Woodley and Timmons are both young and Sly and Worilds are waiting in the wings as well as Hood and Heyward. The rebuilding is already happening, same thing on the other side of the ball with Mendenhall, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Pouncey and Gilbert.

So this rebuilding you're talking about is already in motion and has been for a while.

steeltheone
08-02-2011, 02:48 PM
We have never had a team this old..I too am worried..Farrior cant cover anybody...Smith, Kiesel make make to much money and will be gone next year...Clark has slipped and the only difference in performance between Hoke and Hampton is about 5x the pay...

stb_steeler
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM

Wonder if Gates and Gonzalas are aware of this......:wink02:

thumper
08-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Wonder if Gates and Gonzalas are aware of this......:wink02:

I see you chose not to read all my words.

TEs over 30 tend to not be that productive.