PDA

View Full Version : Emanuel Sanders

Rick5895
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Source on rotoworld says Sanders re-aggravated his foot and is in a walking boot. Out 3 weeks.

steeltheone
08-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Here we go..Ive said our recievers have not proved themselves yet...Lots of potential but the IR is a KILLER! Have to stay healthy to be successful...Get well Sanders!

stb_steeler
08-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Isnt that just great.......before preseason yet!....Man i hope were not gonna have that long list of injuries again.....:doh:

Corey120120
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh boy...

fer522
08-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Limes Sweed Where are youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Buddha Bus
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Limes Sweed Where are youuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Mmmmmmm.... limes.

http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-36115212-12171/homer-drooling.jpg

I guess Brown will get a little more reps in now.

pete74
08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
i dont think Lima has what it takes mentally to play in the nfl but this will definatly give him one last chance to show what he has

pancake
08-02-2011, 08:24 PM
On the positive side, this gives others a chance to get more reps with Sanders and Ward out for a few weeks...

stb_steeler
08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
i dont think Lima has what it takes mentally to play in the nfl but this will definatly give him one last chance to show what he has

I wouldnt hold my breath.

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
better to get it squared away now before the season starts

PhantomJB93
08-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Wait, so is the first team receiving corps in camp now Wallace-Brown-Sweed? lol

Get well soon Sanders. He's gonna be huge this year...

Atlanta Dan
08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
better to get it squared away now before the season starts

Unfortunately this does not sound like something that is a short term problem - the foot was operated on months ago and has not healed - I have a bad feeling about this

fer522
08-02-2011, 09:39 PM

he just broke a finger while sitting on the bench drinking some gatorade :doh:

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately this does not sound like something that is a short term problem - the foot was operated on months ago and has not healed - I have a bad feeling about this

maybe limas will light a raven up week one

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1fbkEOQwoc

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 09:49 PM
wtf idk why i cant post a video

Atlanta Dan
08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
wtf idk why i cant post a video

h1fbkEOQwoc

There ya go:thumbsup:

ebsteelers
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
thank you kind sir...

i wont show the drop from a few plays before that
:(, must had some pop corn on his hands

skinart82
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
love that block

DanRooney
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I like Brown better anyway.

tony hipchest
08-03-2011, 12:55 AM
modern medecine is an inexact science, just like most modern humans are imperfect.

word is that sanders injury and surgery hasnt healed as quickly as anticipated so he had a procedure to draw bone marrow and injectit into the site to expidite the healing process.

surely the boot is for preventative measures. he is in the hands of some of the finest medical treatment in the world.

perhaps if there werent a lock out and he had received the medical coverage he had paid into, this wouldnt even be an issue 5 weeks before the season begins.

:hunch:

cloppbeast
08-03-2011, 02:52 PM
In a matter of days, WR went from potentially our most secured position to the most up in the air. :banging: I'm starting to get pissed the Steelers couldn't offer Burress more than $3 million.

thumper
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
In a matter of days, WR went from potentially our most secured position to the most up in the air. :banging: I'm starting to get pissed the Steelers couldn't offer Burress more than $3 million.

They didn't need to offer him _more_ than $3 million. They never
even offered him that much - if they had, he'd be a Steeler right now.
Hey, we can always pin our hopes on Sweed, right? Hines is PUP.
Sanders is PUP. What we have here is a mess. Oh, that's right,
Pgh didn't have the "cap space" to sign Plex. If you believe that
one I got some swamp land to sell you.

cloppbeast
08-03-2011, 03:36 PM

you're right. they had the cap room. they're just cheap.

Atlanta Dan
08-03-2011, 05:23 PM

So you believe they did have $3 million available to sign Burress? I guess that is why they restructured Harriosn, Roethlisberger, and Keisel to get under the cap after Burress went to wherever he could get his price

Burress was a vanity signing by the Jets to tweak the Giants - receivers in their mid-30s coming off 2 years in prison are not locks to be a positive factor

FWIW the P-G writers do not think the Sanders injury will have any long term consequences other than the downside of missing reps in camp when he was thought to be a challenger for Ward's starter's position

Sixburgher
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
So you believe they did have $3 million available to sign Burress? I guess that is why they restructured Harriosn, Roethlisberger, and Keisel to get under the cap after Burress went to wherever he could get his price

Burress was a vanity signing by the Jets to tweak the Giants - receivers in their mid-30s coming off 2 years in prison are not locks to be a positive factor

FWIW the P-G writers do not think the Sanders injury will have any long term consequences other than the downside of missing reps in camp when he was thought to be a challenger for Ward's starter's position

Yes. It's all part of the Rooney Master Plan to piss Thumper off and insure that the team stays mired in mediocrity. They intentionally spend too close to the cap to avoid having to pay players more in free agency. See, Thumper's got it all figured out and we don't. :sofunny:

Fire Arians
08-04-2011, 02:23 PM
i still expect big things from sanders this year. he will have enough time to heal before the season starts

3rdandlong
08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
h1fbkEOQwoc

There ya go:thumbsup:

And if Sweed were to do that now, he'd get 15 yards and probably a fine

steeltheone
08-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Those of you who think wideouts were a secure position must not be looking at the stats...Sanders and Brown did not even have 500 combined recieving yards last year..And Ward is a year older...We will be throwing 50 times a game.

PhantomJB93
08-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Those of you who think wideouts were a secure position must not be looking at the stats...Sanders and Brown did not even have 500 combined recieving yards last year..And Ward is a year older...We will be throwing 50 times a game.

Yeah, because two rookies competing with each other for time on a team that rarely allows rookies to see ANY time on the field are going to accumulate good stats...honesty the fact that either of them even saw the field outside of special teams is impressive, let alone the fact that they both not only saw time but contributed to the team...

Looking at their yardage to judge them is just stupid. Tomlin and Arians were stubborn to give ARE's 3rd spot on the depth chart to them until after the Patriots game...yeah they had under 500 yards combined but they only really had 6 games to accumulate any stats at all...not to mention the playoffs where they were both awesome (minus the SB)

Fire Arians
08-08-2011, 02:21 AM
And if Sweed were to do that now, he'd get 15 yards and probably a fine

probably true but the sad thing is that was a totally legal block, he led with the shoulder