PDA

View Full Version : 2011 steelers season

sax
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
-no major injuries
-some help from the draft picks
-last year for some players (Smith,Ward,????)
-great defense (top 3)
-better protection for Ben

If all of the above work out.............

hard first half of schedule......weaker finish

Steelers 12 wins 4 loss

Steelers vs Eagles Super Bowl !!!!!

later,
sax

steeltheone
08-02-2011, 03:52 PM
We will go as far as Ben can carry us...No improvement on defensive backs....We will have to score 35 plus against a franchise QB to win big games... Not saying we can't beat anybody on any given day..Just to many holes for me to feel easy....I hope i'm wrong!

harrison'samonster
08-02-2011, 04:10 PM
I think we've got a chance of getting back to the SB, but I agree with steeltheone, our offense is going to have to be able to put up some big points against really good teams when needed. We can't count on facing the Jets and the Ravens in the post season every year.

gotta love the optimism!

Pit fan from Mass.
08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
afc championship new england vs Pittburgh
nfc championship green bay vs philly

id like a rematch of the superbowl last year.

stb_steeler
08-02-2011, 04:28 PM
afc championship new england vs Pittburgh
nfc championship green bay vs philly

id like a rematch of the superbowl last year.

I would def. love to see Steelers beat Patriots in AFC.... But i wouldnt want it the other way around.

Pit fan from Mass.
08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
We will go as far as Ben can carry us...No improvement on defensive backs....We will have to score 35 plus against a franchise QB to win big games... Not saying we can't beat anybody on any given day..Just to many holes for me to feel easy....I hope i'm wrong!

we definitely gonna have to score more than 35 to beat new england. they score 35 on us easily and thats them letting up on us in the 4th quarter.

i dont know man, part of me is hoping that we have a secret game plan for them that we wont unvail till we get to the playoffs. or, we still havent changed hand signals....

3rdandlong
08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't see the Eagles going to the Super Bowl. Buying high priced free agents almost never works out. Just ask Daniel Snyder and the Redskins

Farrior_roirraW
08-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't see the Eagles going to the Super Bowl. Buying high priced free agents almost never works out. Just ask Daniel Snyder and the Redskins

That AND, I'm not a Vick hater, but Michael Vick is literally their QB. :chuckle:

BIGNASTY91
08-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Can easily see us getting back to the Super Bowl, but i do not think philly will be there. They may start out strong but that will be it. I think the Falcons will have a word in who goes from the NFC this year :noidea:

Ruffneck525
08-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Honestly while I'm hopefull. Were weaker now on an offensive Line that was already a liability. Scott is ok at LT but Colon is awful at RT.... Another season of ben running for his life.

On Defensive Out D Line is strong Good backers but Our Corners are agains suspect.....

This may be the year baltimore and jets topple us in the playoffs.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
08-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Honestly while I'm hopefull. Were weaker now on an offensive Line that was already a liability. Scott is ok at LT but Colon is awful at RT.... Another season of ben running for his life.

On Defensive Out D Line is strong Good backers but Our Corners are agains suspect.....

This may be the year baltimore and jets topple us in the playoffs.

i believe the steelers will bring back starks and hotel (at the right price) i believe the line will be decent and the corners wil be way better IMO mcfadden is a decent corner when he is not injured i am looking forward to this year super bowl here we come :tt03: