RB - John Clay
QB - Chris Dieker
OL - Trevis Turner
LB - Chris Carter
CB - Donovan Warren
TE - Wesley Saunders
S - Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith
DL - Miguel Chavis

What are yours ? I think from what I've read that they might keep 6 WR with Wes Lyons making the team because of his intriguing size

Aussie Steeler
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
From your list;
RB: Dwyer > Moore
CB: + Willie Gay
S: Butler > Allen

1stcav02
08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Terrance MCcrae (UDFA) over Lyons

tunes4life
08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
QB:

Ben
Dixon
Batch

Rick5895
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I think Dixon for Batch, with batch moving over as a coach or stuill involved with the team in some aspect.
Clay on the roster and K.Williams maybe a practice squad.

Dwyer will be cut.

ebsteelers
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
i think wesely saunders make the team or practice squad... i know he has off field issues, but he is too good of a player to not make the team

PhantomJB93
08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
William gay will make the team, allen will be practice squad

Also dixon will certainly make the team over either leftwich or batch, if only because of his dynamic playing style he brings to an offense. Ideally id cut leftwich especially after what batch did last year but I could see us cutting batch and offering him another role with the team.

Kingmagyar
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Good Early predictions. I like the addition of Wes Lyons.

DoctorCAD
08-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Polamalu = IR yet again :(

ricksteelers55
08-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Also dixon will certainly make the team over either leftwich or batch, if only because of his dynamic playing style he brings to an offense. Ideally id cut leftwich especially after what batch did last year but I could see us cutting batch and offering him another role with the team.

NVM I thought you were talking about Will Allen the safety,but i forgot about Cortez Allen....I think that if Will Gay makes the team they will cut one of Cortez Allen,Keenan Lewis or Crezdon Butler.Probably Keenan Lewis

cloppbeast
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM

I think it all depends on how well Allen can play STs. I think it will be hard for Allen and Lewis to make the team, but if Cortez can prove he can play STs, it may spell the end of the other Allen.

It seems to me, whether Cortez makes the teem or not, has more to do with the performance of Keenan Lewis. Lewis will be on a short leash; this is his last chance.

ebsteelers
08-03-2011, 02:21 PM
will allen out,

and we keep those 6 corners.... butler can play safety also

Steelersfan87
08-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Offense

Quarterback:

1) Ben Roethlisberger
2) Byron Leftwich
3) Charlie Batch

Running Back:

1) Rashard Mendenhall
2) Isaac Redman
3) Mewelde Moore
4) Baron Batch

Wide Receiver:

1) Hines Ward
2) Mike Wallace
3) Emmanuel Sanders
4) Antonio Brown
5) Arnaz Battle
6) Limas Sweed

Tight End:

1) Heath Miller
2) David Johnson
3) John Gilmore

Offensive Line:

1) Maurkice Pouncey
2) Willie Colon
3) Chris Kemoeatu
4) Jonathan Scott
5) Ramon Foster
6) Doug Legursky
7) Chris Scott
8) Marcus Gilbert
9) Keith Williams

Defense

Defensive Line:

1) Aaron Smith
2) Casey Hampton
3) Brett Keisel
4) Ziggy Hood
5) Chris Hoke
6) Cameron Heyward
7) Anthony Gray

Linebacker:

1) James Harrison
2) LaMarr Woodley
3) James Farrior
4) Lawrence Timmons
5) Larry Foote
6) Jason Worilds
7) Stevenson Sylvester
8) Chris Carter

Cornerback:

1) Ike Taylor
2) Bryant McFadden
3) William Gay
4) Keenan Lewis
5) Crezdon Butler
6) Curtis Brown

Safety:

1) Troy Polamalu
2) Ryan Clark
3) Will Allen
4) Ryan Mundy

Special Teams

Kicker: Shaun Suisham
Punter: Daniel Sepulveda
Long Snapper: Greg Warren

Practice Squad

1) Jonathan Dwyer
2) Cortez Allen
3) Mario Harvey
4) Da-Mon Cromartie-Smith
5) Wes Lyons
6) Kyle Jolly
7) Steve McClendon
8) Weslye Saunders

I think Saunders has a chance to make the roster, but being that this is the Steelers I suspect that they will go with veteran experience in this Gilmore guy and let Saunders sit on the practice squad, although I strongly fear that another team will pick him up. I think they go with either Anthony Gray or Steve McClendon and carry 7 defensive linemen instead of 9 LBs or 7 CBs due to the age of Hampton and Hoke. Going with Gray over McClendon may be wishful thinking on my part. William Gay will certainly make the roster and at start the season as the nickel most likely. People who think he will be gone are insane. Hopefully Lewis or Butler will supplant him as the nickel during the season. Let's be honest, he would be a great dime corner. Cortez Allen will spend a year on the practice squad due to the log-jam at the CB position. He would never see a hat on game day anyway. I also suspect that Dixon may be at the end of the line. Batch prove last year that he's not as fragile as he's appeared and can still play, so I think, or at least hope, they give him one more ride. Arnaz Battle makes the roster for special teams and Sweed makes the team on seniority, but I suspect that they like Lyons enough to place him on the practice squad.

ETL
08-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Offense: 25 Players
Defense: 25 Players
Special: 3 Players

QB (3) Roethisberger, Dixon, Leftwich
RB (3) Mendenhall, Redman, Moore
FB (1) David Johnson
TE (3) Miller, Gilmore, Saunders - R
WR (5) Ward, Wallace, Crotchery, Sanders, Brown
OL (10) Colon, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert - R, J Scott, K Williams - R, Legursky, C Scott, Hills

DL (7) A Smith, Hampton, Hood, Keisel, Hoke, Heyward - R, Crittendon or McClendon
LB (8) Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Worilds, Sylvester, Foote, C. Carter - R
CB (6) Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Curtis Brown - R, Cortez Allen - R, Butler or Lewis
S (4) Polamalu, Clark, Mundy, Allen

ST (3) Suisham, Sepulveda, Warren

Offense Comment: QBs are set unless there is a preseason injury and Batch is out as the old man. RBs are set with Baron Batch being out with ACL. I don't see any of the other RBs getting a roster spot - so I moved David Johnson as a FB and thought there is a chance we keep 3 more TEs - with Saunders making the roster. If we keep only 2 out of these 3 (Gilmore, D. Johnson, Saunders) then we will keep another WR in either Sweed, Grisham, Battle or Lyons - so basically there is one roster spot for those 7 players. I predict we will keep 10 OLs given last years injury issues and how we got really thin. Tony Hills is the most vulnerable to getting cut in this group but one of the FA rookies will have to outplay him to do so or if a veteran is added later in preseason.

Defense Comments: We will keep 7 DLs with one roster spot up for grabs for either McClendon or Crittendon. Seeing some love for Gray as well. Our LBs are basically set with rookie Chris Carter rounding out the group. If a rookie free agent LB plays well, then Foote is most vulnerable to being cut. Our safety position is set as Allen is valuable in special teams and will make roster. I think we will keep 6 CBs as Ike is already injured and we have drafted many midround rookies the past few years. We definitely keep both CBs drafted this year. Gay makes this team - no question about it. He is actually a decent nickle corner. The last spot will be between Crezdon Butler or Keenan Lewis. Anthony Madison has an outside chance if none of the drafted rookies do well in special teams.

3rdandlong
08-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't see Battle or Limas staying. Battle dropped a couple last night. The Steelers must be looking for any excuse to cut at least one receiver. Now if Limas can get some playing time and just not drop the ball, then I think he stays.

theplatypus
08-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Saunders over Gilmore

55BaileyFan
08-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Batch will probably be gone and Dixon will be there (even though Dixon looked terrible in the preseason game)

Baron Batch will be on IR so he won't count against the roster (if he did tear the ACL) So, Clay should get a spot.

Wes Lyons WILL NOT MAKE THE TEAM. He can't catch he is a drop machine, he sucked in college and was cut from the Jets for the same reason. Grisham will beat out Sweed and Cotchery will be on the roster too.

Saunders will make the roster over Gilmore, he out blocks him by a long shot and has better hands.

I think that Gray is good but he will be on practice squad, I think Corbet could make the roster (DE from Northwestern)

I think Ivy will make the roster, we could see Foote get cut. He wasn't impressive against the Skins and has a 3M backup contract...way too much.

Gay will make the roster, Keenan Lewis might be the odd man out.

Instead of Dieker and Clay on the practice squad I think that Eric Greenwood and Terrance McCrae will be in their spots.

ETL
09-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Offense: 25 Players
Defense: 25 Players
Special: 3 Players

QB (3) Roethisberger, Dixon, Leftwich
RB (3) Mendenhall, Redman, Moore
FB (1) David Johnson
TE (3) Miller, Gilmore, Saunders - R
WR (5) Ward, Wallace, Crotchery, Sanders, Brown
OL (10) Colon, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert - R, J Scott, K Williams - R, Legursky, C Scott, Hills

DL (7) A Smith, Hampton, Hood, Keisel, Hoke, Heyward - R, Crittendon or McClendon
LB (8) Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Worilds, Sylvester, Foote, C. Carter - R
CB (6) Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Curtis Brown - R, Cortez Allen - R, Butler or Lewis
S (4) Polamalu, Clark, Mundy, Allen

ST (3) Suisham, Sepulveda, Warren

Offense Comment: QBs are set unless there is a preseason injury and Batch is out as the old man. RBs are set with Baron Batch being out with ACL. I don't see any of the other RBs getting a roster spot - so I moved David Johnson as a FB and thought there is a chance we keep 3 more TEs - with Saunders making the roster. If we keep only 2 out of these 3 (Gilmore, D. Johnson, Saunders) then we will keep another WR in either Sweed, Grisham, Battle or Lyons - so basically there is one roster spot for those 7 players. I predict we will keep 10 OLs given last years injury issues and how we got really thin. Tony Hills is the most vulnerable to getting cut in this group but one of the FA rookies will have to outplay him to do so or if a veteran is added later in preseason.

Defense Comments: We will keep 7 DLs with one roster spot up for grabs for either McClendon or Crittendon. Seeing some love for Gray as well. Our LBs are basically set with rookie Chris Carter rounding out the group. If a rookie free agent LB plays well, then Foote is most vulnerable to being cut. Our safety position is set as Allen is valuable in special teams and will make roster. I think we will keep 6 CBs as Ike is already injured and we have drafted many midround rookies the past few years. We definitely keep both CBs drafted this year. Gay makes this team - no question about it. He is actually a decent nickle corner. The last spot will be between Crezdon Butler or Keenan Lewis. Anthony Madison has an outside chance if none of the drafted rookies do well in special teams.

I am quoting myself here. I posted this on August 13 and I think I did pretty well. I batted 1000 on defense (if you will allow me listing two guys for positional battles) and was close on offense. I was most off on predicting that rookie guard Williams will make the team and that Dwyer would not. I was correct that Tony Hills was on thin ice and vulnerable to getting cut if a veteran (Essex) is added.