PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben is Even Better!

SteelShooter
05-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Big Ben has got it going on!!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9461324

Here's an article that will make you smile.....and make you want the season to start even more!!!

:whatnow: :tt02: :tt03: :flippy: :helmet: :tt: :sign01: :cheers:

BB2W
05-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Good read... I liked what they had to say about Reid at the end also. :cool:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Big Ben has got it going on!!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9461324

Here's an article that will make you smile.....and make you want the season to start even more!!!

:whatnow: :tt02: :tt03: :flippy: :helmet: :tt: :sign01: :cheers:

Very good article. But nothing that suprised me. I have been a fan of Ben since his college days. Wanted the guy to be a Steeler very badly. I still can't believe he fell to us at 11. Told everyone that would listen to me that Ben would lead us to Super Bowls. Already going into his third year we have one ring with Ben at the helm.

Now that he is getting the mental part of the game down. To go along with his natural talent. Watch out NFL. Ben is going to tear it up this year. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Ben will start go get some respect this year????

BlitzburghRockCity
05-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Ben is only going to get better. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg so to speak, on his talent and potential. I mean comon, a 2 year starter and he's already won a SB, been to the playoffs twice, and led his team to comeback victories on the road, only lost a handful of games in his career overall. The guy is gonna be a monster for us and only going to get better.

dawson36
05-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Ben is only going to get better. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg so to speak, on his talent and potential. I mean comon, a 2 year starter and he's already won a SB, been to the playoffs twice, and led his team to comeback victories on the road, only lost a handful of games in his career overall. The guy is gonna be a monster for us and only going to get better.

ohh man i can not wait to see him in action:jammin: that connection between HOLMES AND BIG BEN is going to be like an instant bond its going to be sweet!!

clevestinks
05-26-2006, 09:42 PM

Could Not Agree More!

OX1947
05-26-2006, 10:47 PM
What are they gonna tell us next, the Steelers will sell out all their home games for the next 10 years.

One issue that I think will become an issue is philosphy differences between Cowher and Big Ben. I think later down the road there may be a few blow ups. Being a Laker fan, trust me, i have seen it and dealt with it when Kobe and Shaq were together. Ben wants to be Carson Palmer, he wants to be John Elway. Whether Cowher helps Big Ben like Marvin does for Carson will tow a fine line between john elway and dan reeves relationship. I hope the former is whats in store.....

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Not surprising really...there's is about a 3-5 year learning curve for the position.

siss
05-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Not surprising really...there's is about a 3-5 year learning curve for the position.

But it seems like Bens learning curve was steeper then most and he learned in the moment. Which is scary for everyone else whose not a steeler or a steeler fan because he hasnt even hit his peak yet.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 05:21 PM
in football age and field time ben is about where carson palmer and eli manning were coming out of college. maybe manning in his 2nd year or mcnabb and culpepper. ben (like brady was) is way ahead of the curve.

clevestinks
05-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Ben is aonly going to get better? Oh Yes! Scary isn`t it? I love Bradshaw but if we could get four rings with Ben, I would probably have to have plastic surgery to get the smile off my face.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Ben is aonly going to get better? Oh Yes! Scary isn`t it? I love Bradshaw but if we could get four rings with Ben, I would probably have to have plastic surgery to get the smile off my face.

I would need plastic surgery also. When watching players in college I always have my favorites. Ben was truely one of my favorite college players. For him to end up a Steeler answered my prayers that we finally had a legit franchise QB. Steelers hadn't had one since Terry Bradshaw. I didn't think Ben would fall to 11 in the 2004 draft. I'm still shocked he did.

When Ben was drafted I told everyone that would listen he would lead us to a Super Bowl title one day. I just didn't think it would be this soon. The first one is always the hardest in my eyes. With Ben starting really to come into his own which is scary to think for the rest of the NFL. It isn't crazy to think we might win 3 more Super Bowls with Ben. Ben is entering his third year. The third year is really when a QB blossoms. Its going to be fun to watch.

Indy_Steelers
05-27-2006, 08:42 PM
it is a much better article than the one i just read about eli manning. that article talked about how eli is one of the elite fantasy players. BIG DEAL! we got a QB not a passer.

SteelShooter
05-28-2006, 03:16 AM
it is a much better article than the one i just read about eli manning. that article talked about how eli is one of the elite fantasy players. BIG DEAL! we got a QB not a passer.

lovejoy,

:cooldude: Liked your site Bro! :champs: ....your post was cool too! :o)

Indy_Steelers
05-28-2006, 08:49 AM
lovejoy,

:cooldude: Liked your site Bro! :champs: ....your post was cool too! :o)

Thanks for the compliment on my site. It has been a great tool to hook up steeler fans in my area. As a matter of fact I met three new steeler fans this past week. And by the way, fantasy QBs do not win Super Bowls.:smile:

83-Steelers-43
05-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Excellent video on your site Lovejoy. Very well done and it gave me chills.......:tt: :sign01:

Indy_Steelers
05-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Excellent video on your site Lovejoy. Very well done and it gave me chills.......:tt: :sign01:

Thanks. If you are talking about the Steelers fan video I cannot take credit for that. I found it on a web site called youtube.com. It was done by a girl from Ohio. I do actually know one of the people in the video. :smile:

SteelShooter
05-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Thanks. If you are talking about the Steelers fan video I cannot take credit for that. I found it on a web site called youtube.com. It was done by a girl from Ohio. I do actually know one of the people in the video. :smile:

It was still awesome....Thanks for posting it Bro! :checkit:

BTW: WE WILL BE THE FIRST TEAM WITH 6 RINGS Wooooo-HooooooooooooOOoooooo!!!!

Steel Pit
05-29-2006, 05:32 AM
What are they gonna tell us next, the Steelers will sell out all their home games for the next 10 years.

One issue that I think will become an issue is philosphy differences between Cowher and Big Ben. I think later down the road there may be a few blow ups. Being a Laker fan, trust me, i have seen it and dealt with it when Kobe and Shaq were together. Ben wants to be Carson Palmer, he wants to be John Elway. Whether Cowher helps Big Ben like Marvin does for Carson will tow a fine line between john elway and dan reeves relationship. I hope the former is whats in store.....

Tom Brady wanted to be Joe Montana but Belichick pulled the reins back on him. I've never heard of any blow ups amongst those two so hopefully Cowher and Roethlisberger can find neutral ground as well. With the exception of last year Brady has had moderate numbers similar to Roethlisberger. I would guess that Brady has been pretty darn happy with his NFL career.

sheba
05-29-2006, 08:43 AM
He will led the steelers to 4 more SB.

3 to be 4
05-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Tom Brady wanted to be Joe Montana but Belichick pulled the reins back on him. I've never heard of any blow ups amongst those two so hopefully Cowher and Roethlisberger can find neutral ground as well. With the exception of last year Brady has had moderate numbers similar to Roethlisberger. I would guess that Brady has been pretty darn happy with his NFL career.

how has Belichick pulled the reins back on Brady? Montanas stats were pretty similar to Brady's.
for all the praise Shula gets for changing his philosophy to suit his personnel, I think Shula lost his mind when he got Marino. Up until 1983 the Dolphins always had strong defenses and a pretty decent running game. the 1982 team got to the Super Bowl on defense. Once Marino came, Shula never had a decent running game or decent defense again.
Cowher showed great balance last year in seeing what he had at QB, using that weapon in ways he'd never had before, but not losing his mind about it. Ive ranked on him before but id be the first to give credit where credit is due, Cowher coached brilliantly last season and showed he'll know how to handle the situation just fine.

clevestinks
05-29-2006, 09:03 AM
I thought Brady led the league in passing? How are the reins being pulled back?

LuckyNumber7
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Great great article! I am already so pumped for the season, and after reading that, I am more pumped than ever!!!!

*LN7*

Steel Pit
05-29-2006, 11:21 PM
how has Belichick pulled the reins back on Brady? Montanas stats were pretty similar to Brady's.
for all the praise Shula gets for changing his philosophy to suit his personnel, I think Shula lost his mind when he got Marino. Up until 1983 the Dolphins always had strong defenses and a pretty decent running game. the 1982 team got to the Super Bowl on defense. Once Marino came, Shula never had a decent running game or decent defense again.
Cowher showed great balance last year in seeing what he had at QB, using that weapon in ways he'd never had before, but not losing his mind about it. Ive ranked on him before but id be the first to give credit where credit is due, Cowher coached brilliantly last season and showed he'll know how to handle the situation just fine.

I totally agree with your assesment of Cowher. I used to rank on Cowher as well but I like the balance that he showed last year. My initial reply was simply saying that the pass/run ratio was good enough last year and if Roethlisberger wants to pass even more than Cowher will have to pull the reins back on him.

I do however disagree with your assesment of Montana/Brady. San Francisco was a pass first type of offense in my opinion. Even Roger Craig was known more for his receptions than his running ability. You don't put up the numbers that Montana and Rice put up without a significant amount of passing plays. I'm sorry but I think that your way off base when comparing Brady to Montana, totally different offensive philosophies.

William Munney
05-29-2006, 11:29 PM
He'll only get better. A lot of talent surronds him this season. I expect more Super Bowls to come...:smile:

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 01:41 AM
He'll only get better. A lot of talent surronds him this season. I expect more Super Bowls to come...:smile:

Me too Bro, me too!

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 01:50 AM
I totally agree with your assesment of Cowher. I used to rank on Cowher as well but I like the balance that he showed last year. My initial reply was simply saying that the pass/run ratio was good enough last year and if Roethlisberger wants to pass even more than Cowher will have to pull the reins back on him.

I do however disagree with your assesment of Montana/Brady. San Francisco was a pass first type of offense in my opinion. Even Roger Craig was known more for his receptions than his running ability. You don't put up the numbers that Montana and Rice put up without a significant amount of passing plays. I'm sorry but I think that your way off base when comparing Brady to Montana, totally different offensive philosophies.

I agree with most of this. My only complaint with Bill was sometimes he played it a little too safe on Defense. Even Ben was quoted, and captured on film, asking Cowher during the SuperBowl if they were going to "Play to win, not Play to not lose."
I do see often, when protecting a lead, a soft secondary. Sometimes I can see not wanting to give up the big play.....but does it really matter when they have plenty of time and are just chipping away at the short yardage?

But I think we can expect another SB appearance. Maybe not this year (though I really hope so), but soon.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Even Ben was quoted, and captured on film, asking Cowher during the SuperBowl if they were going to "Play to win, not Play to not lose."
wasnt that right before ben threw that horrible int. near the endzone that almost went for a td the other way?

siss
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I have a feeling that if Ben had his way the steelers might make an anual appearence in the super bowl. They might rename it to the Steelers invitational Bowl. And while that may never happen, its good to dream right?

SteelerFanInCA
05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Have to agree 100% with this guy's article. Nice post.

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 10:47 PM
wasnt that right before ben threw that horrible int. near the endzone that almost went for a td the other way?

Yep! You got that right. :uhh:

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I have a feeling that if Ben had his way the steelers might make an anual appearence in the super bowl. They might rename it to the Steelers invitational Bowl. And while that may never happen, its good to dream right?

Ohhhhhh Mannnnnnnnnnnn............you have that dream too siss????

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Have to agree 100% with this guy's article. Nice post.

siss
05-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Ohhhhhh Mannnnnnnnnnnn............you have that dream too siss????
And I thought I was the ONLY one! Im so glad i'm not!

SteelShooter
05-31-2006, 01:35 AM
And I thought I was the ONLY one! Im so glad i'm not!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too Cute!