PDA

View Full Version : Coach Cowher Eligible for HOF in 2012

truesteelerfan
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
So what do you think?. Does he deserve it...he's eligible at the same time as Bill Parcells....I've always been a HUGE fan of the chin....but as a Steeler fan, I'm biased....149-50 record or so I think....So what do you think....Does he deserve to be in the hall, and does he make it? I'm hoping yes and yes!

:tt04:

Rick5895
08-07-2011, 03:05 PM
He may get in at sonme point, but I wouldn't think as a first ballot. He only won one super.bowl. Traditionally coaches who get in usually have a lot more wins or , in this day and age, multiple SB wins. I think Bill should be in the HOF, but not right away.
To illustrate my point, I am sure Dawson and Bettis will again be finalists next season. Do you think Cowher is more deserving of the honor than Dirt or Bus.? I don't.

Sixburgher
08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Too many losses in big games. Food for thought: Tom Flores and George Seifert won twice as many Super Bowls as head coaches as Cowher. He's going to be a tough sell for the Hall of Fame. However, he's remained very visible as a commentator, so that may work in his favor the way it did for Madden.

Steelersfan87
08-07-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm not convinced that his resume is complete yet. I think he will be coaching in the NFL again within a few years.

finesward
08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
This is the same coach that stuck with kordell stewert for how many seasons? agreed, too many big games lost. getting to the afccg doesn't cut it to get in the hall. he needs a second stretch with at LEAST another ring to be a HOFer. His lame duck last season as the steelers coach still leaves a sour taste in my mouth

fart
08-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Add forty losses to your total and you're closer.

steeltheone
08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Bill Cowher would have had at least 2 more rings with BR7 as his QB the whole ride...The mid to late 90's steelers were much better than either of Tomlins SB Teams..

thumper
08-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Cowher can't carry Parcell's jock strap. He might deserve to make it some day
but no way on the first ballet. Lost way too many big games, feasted on a lot
of easy games vs. div. patsies.

steeltheone
08-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Cowher can't carry Parcell's jock strap. He might deserve to make it some day
but no way on the first ballet. Lost way too many big games, feasted on a lot
of easy games vs. div. patsies.

Parcells never won any without Belichek..

davidtrout
08-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I agree that Coach Cowher's resume is not yet complete. However, I believe he has already earned a spot in Canton. Three losing seasons in 15 yrs (6-10, 6-10, 7-9), one 8-8, always got more out of the talent that he had than any other coach could. (I'll debate Belichik (SP?) 'til the cows come home)

I don't subscribe to the belief that head coaches (or QBs for that matter) win or lose games. The only difference between post season games and regular season games is how long we (the fans) remember them. Otherwise they are four 15 minute quarters, just like every other game.

MDSteel15
08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't think he gets in but George Seifert only has 1 SB ring as head coach I believe... kinda like Steve Young only has 1 as a starter! Over Rated....

steeltheone
08-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't think he gets in but George Seifert only has 1 SB ring as head coach I believe... kinda like Steve Young only has 1 as a starter! Over Rated....

Seifert maybe...Young was all that!

harrison'samonster
08-08-2011, 08:33 PM
I can't wait to see Cowher's HOF bust. Can they get bronze into the shape of spit? Or can they make it into a fountain, that would be great!

steeltheone
08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I can't wait to see Cowher's HOF bust. Can they get bronze into the shape of spit? Or can they make it into a fountain, that would be great!

Thats Funny!:rofl:

55BaileyFan
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
He will get in...years down the road. I think that there will be two Steelers in next season though. The class is the worst in recent years of first year eligible players. I think Cris Carter will get in next year and I think that Dermontti and Jerome will get in next season with another Western PA guy Curtis Martin.

So, no first year but there will be some Steelers there next year.

MDSteel15
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Seifert maybe...Young was all that!

Really? That team was loaded to the core and even Bubby Brister could have won the SB with that roster.... Young was a whiney bitch....

thumper
08-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Parcells never won any without Belichek..

And Cowher never won any without Ben. :noidea:

thumper
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree that Coach Cowher's resume is not yet complete. However, I believe he has already earned a spot in Canton. Three losing seasons in 15 yrs (6-10, 6-10, 7-9), one 8-8, always got more out of the talent that he had than any other coach could. (I'll debate Belichik (SP?) 'til the cows come home)

I don't subscribe to the belief that head coaches (or QBs for that matter) win or lose games. The only difference between post season games and regular season games is how long we (the fans) remember them. Otherwise they are four 15 minute quarters, just like every other game.

I totally do not believe in this. I do _NOT_ believe losing or winning
a championship EVERY game is a complete indictment on the head
coach or QB. I mean, Brady and Belichick lost one and they are pretty
much the best there is, maybe ever. But make no mistake: the bigger
the stakes, the bigger the head coach and QB will come up if they
are good. Cowher was a good regular season coach, but he failed
time and again in conference champ. games, even when having
home field advantage. And one of the two that he did win, he
barely win when facing a vastly inferior and depleted Colts team.

But, the two best modern day coaches are clearly Belichick and
Parcells, and they have both lost Super Bowls, so no factor is
independent from others. It _is_ the ultimate team game.

steeltheone
08-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I totally do not believe in this. I do _NOT_ believe losing or winning
a championship EVERY game is a complete indictment on the head
coach or QB. I mean, Brady and Belichick lost one and they are pretty
much the best there is, maybe ever. But make no mistake: the bigger
the stakes, the bigger the head coach and QB will come up if they
are good. Cowher was a good regular season coach, but he failed
time and again in conference champ. games, even when having
home field advantage. And one of the two that he did win, he
barely win when facing a vastly inferior and depleted Colts team.

But, the two best modern day coaches are clearly Belichick and
Parcells, and they have both lost Super Bowls, so no factor is
independent from others. It _is_ the ultimate team game.

Mike Tomlin would not have any rings with Kordell at QB....Franchise QB'S make all the difference in big games..