PDA

View Full Version : NFL _is_ testing for HGH

thumper
08-07-2011, 06:34 PM
This is not good news for the Steelers. It appears
fairly obvious we got lots of guys on the stuff.

Sixburgher
08-07-2011, 06:45 PM
:troll:

sbbound
08-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd say every team should be equally as worried.

steeltheone
08-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Rules are rules...Make your own bed!

jjpro11
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
what are they going to do if half the league tests positive? pick and choose who gets punished?

Farrior_roirraW
08-07-2011, 07:36 PM
This guy is a bag of sunshine.

theplatypus
08-07-2011, 07:44 PM
This guy is a bag of sunshine.

So happy that I'm not that miserable.

Atlanta Dan
08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome to my ignore list

During the lockout it was the silly season for conspiracy theories but now that the season is ramping up its time for this unsubstantiated bull**it to go

SteelCityMom
08-07-2011, 07:52 PM
:yawn:

This crap has gotten old...for all of us.

StainlessStill
08-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Noone is worse than DownByLaw, haha:blah::blah::blah:

Fire Arians
08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
im pretty sure majority of the league has players that were using, probably most likely the cheatriots have the most

tony hipchest
08-07-2011, 08:51 PM
this thread is a perfect example why this message board should start testing users for crack.

T-3Iq3XQkAw

MasterOfPuppets
08-07-2011, 10:26 PM
i smell a league championship !!! :chuckle:

i got the league MVP !!! :tt03:

http://epfhappenings.yolasite.com/resources/trollawardpic1.bmp

stb_steeler
08-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Noone is worse than DownByLaw, haha:blah::blah::blah:

Yeah DownByLaw hated Ben the most.......and had stats to back it up!...(NOT) :rofl:

stb_steeler
08-08-2011, 12:37 AM
This is not good news for the Steelers. It appears
fairly obvious we got lots of guys on the stuff.

WHO TOLD

steelax04
08-08-2011, 08:52 AM
And obviously James Harrison likes to shoot people because he posed in a picture with two of his pistols. :doh:

ebsteelers
08-08-2011, 09:12 AM
dumper,

back at it again..

theplatypus
08-08-2011, 09:28 AM
dumper,

back at it again..

You can always count on him for some useless drivel.

kirklandrules
08-08-2011, 10:28 AM
What a waste of time ... i'll never get that 30 seconds back. :poop:

thumper
08-08-2011, 12:55 PM
You think Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, et al ain't on that stuff?
I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to hide the use, just as they
did steroids. After further review, like almost all drug policies in sports,
it will be nearly impossible for players to get caught. Just another lie.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/127069053.html

All a facade. No substance. Just a PR stunt with the tests purposely
designed to fail. Only the most dumbed down will get caught.

finesward
08-08-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.reece-eu.net/gallery/var/albums/funny/nice-thread.jpg?m=1272636262

:thumbsup:

Sixburgher
08-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I demand a YouTube conspiracy theory video on the subject be linked to this thread pronto!

finesward
08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
I demand a YouTube conspiracy theory video on the subject be linked to this thread pronto!

lol :sofunny:

kirklandrules
08-08-2011, 02:35 PM

If Farrior is doing it, then he's pissing his money down the drain. The guy weighed 218 lbs during the playoffs last year. He should get a refund from his supplier cause it aint working.:chuckle:

thumper
08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
If Farrior is doing it, then he's pissing his money down the drain. The guy weighed 218 lbs during the playoffs last year. He should get a refund from his supplier cause it aint working.:chuckle:

Wow, that is light for a LB these days. But HGH is supposed to give you
lean muscle, not necessarily make you heavier. It will make you have
more lean muscle. It makes you burn more fat.

http://www.hgh.org/Benefits-of-HGH-for-Athletes.html

theplatypus
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Far to easy to get sucked in

DanRooney
08-09-2011, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to hide the use, just as they
did steroids. After further review, like almost all drug policies in sports,
it will be nearly impossible for players to get caught. Just another lie.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/127069053.html

All a facade. No substance. Just a PR stunt with the tests purposely
designed to fail. Only the most dumbed down will get caught.

Why would you think they're on it? Because they're big and black? They're hardly the biggest players in the NFL.

solardave
08-09-2011, 02:11 AM
what are they going to do if half the league tests positive? pick and choose who gets punished?

Just look at who is running things and we know he will go after everyone not in a Patriot uniform on a "fair and equal" basis.

If Brady were to test positive,how would we know?Goodell would destroy all evidence and say there's nothing to see here!!!

Don't get me started. I don't see anything wrong with testing for it. The problem lies in the A-hole overseeing the test. A common criminal.

Fire Arians
08-09-2011, 02:17 AM
if anyone was using illegal performance enhancers it was the pats, especially when junior seau came to play again when he was like 100 years old

DanRooney
08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
I always thought Bruschi was on roids. Who in good physical shape has a heart attack in his early 30s?

thumper
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Why would you think they're on it? Because they're big and black? They're hardly the biggest players in the NFL.

Hey, I even provided a link and you _still_ refused to self-educate. HGH
does not necessarily make you bigger, although it can. What it will do
is increase LEAN muscle mass and make your body BURN FAT OFF.
That could lead to weight decrease. Any of those players look extra
lean and muscular? Oh, and thanks for trying to make a racist blast
where none existed. If you want it to be race-litically correct, I will throw
in that Aaron Smith could likely be on too. Now, go off and look for other
fake racist assertions, and invent them where they never did exist. Great
job.

kirklandrules
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Hey, I even provided a link and you _still_ refused to self-educate. HGH
does not necessarily make you bigger, although it can. What it will do
is increase LEAN muscle mass and make your body BURN FAT OFF.
That could lead to weight decrease. Any of those players look extra
lean and muscular? Oh, and thanks for trying to make a racist blast
where none existed. If you want it to be race-litically correct, I will throw
in that Aaron Smith could likely be on too. Now, go off and look for other
fake racist assertions, and invent them where they never did exist. Great
job.

I think he was just showing you what it's like to make wild accusations that are totally free of fact. Kinda how this thread was started. Somehow you seem to think the Steelers are a team pimped out on HGH. Guess I was naive thinking the Steelers had an organization led by one of the best families in the business; that hired a front office, that leverages the services of an excellent scouting department that understands how to identify athletes who can perform to a high standard in a very unique system; along with a coaching staff that knows how to be innovative and bring the best out of their men. Hell, that would take a class A quality organization of talented and dedicated professionals. It would really make one think of the enormity of it all and appreciate the system when it produces excellence. But maybe you're right ... it's easier to think they just use drugs.:bs:

I'm sure every team has a select set of players that are looking to gain an edge by cheating, but I'm not going to randomly throw out names with zero evidence to back it up. I pity the player that uses HGH. There were articles way-back-when that indicated it was the use of HGH, not anabolic steroids, that brought Lyle Alzado to his early death.

Sixburgher
08-09-2011, 03:22 PM
I think he was just showing you what it's like to make wild accusations that are totally free of fact. Kinda how this thread was started. Somehow you seem to think the Steelers are a team pimped out on HGH. Guess I was naive thinking the Steelers had an organization led by one of the best families in the business; that hired a front office, that leverages the services of an excellent scouting department that understands how to identify athletes who can perform to a high standard in a very unique system; along with a coaching staff that knows how to be innovative and bring the best out of their men. Hell, that would take a class A quality organization of talented and dedicated professionals. It would really make one think of the enormity of it all and appreciate the system when it produces excellence. But maybe you're right ... it's easier to think they just use drugs.:bs:

I'm sure every team has a select set of players that are looking to gain an edge by cheating, but I'm not going to randomly throw out names with zero evidence to back it up. I pity the player that uses HGH. There were articles way-back-when that indicated it was the use of HGH, not anabolic steroids, that brought Lyle Alzado to his early death.

How dare you question such an intellectual authority!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/cgo/lowres/cgon507l.jpg

thumper
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
There were articles way-back-when that indicated it was the use of HGH, not anabolic steroids, that brought Lyle Alzado to his early death.

Weren't you just saying something about statements not based
in fact? Now go ahead and read what you wrote. LMAO. "Some
articles" said HGH led to his death? That sounds so super
scientific and factual. He had a brain tumor. It's ANYONE's GUESS
to how he got it since plenty of people not taking steroids or HGH
get brain tumors.

Oh, by the way?? Those great Steelers teams of the 1970's? Care
to tell me if they weren't all jacked up on steroids? Go ahead and
peek into that subject.

kirklandrules
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Weren't you just saying something about statements not based
in fact? Now go ahead and read what you wrote. LMAO. "Some
articles" said HGH led to his death? That sounds so super
scientific and factual. He had a brain tumor. It's ANYONE's GUESS
to how he got it since plenty of people not taking steroids or HGH
get brain tumors.

I pity any player using HGH (fact) because there were articles written that made the correlation between a guy who used massive amounts of HGH (fact) and died of a brain tumor (fact). I don't care that there was not scientific proof linking HGH use to his tumor within those articles... it's the idea that someone would follow in his footsteps that makes the act all the more moronic. So laugh all you want, at least I'm making a point with facts and you're throwing a pile of :poop:

Oh, by the way?? Those great Steelers teams of the 1970's? Care
to tell me if they weren't all jacked up on steroids? Go ahead and
peek into that subject.
So this is your "facts"? Is this what you're using to back your statement:
You're about 40 years off the mark trying to link the two eras ... and I haven't seen one thing that supports the BS claim you're making against these guys. I wouldn't disagree if you said something along the lines that there's probably members of the Steelers who use HGH looking for an edge ... just like there are members of every team who are dumb enough or desperate enough to go that route. But you call out certain individuals with no proof whatsoever.

Fire Arians
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
hey don't knock hgh. sylvester stallone takes it and at age 60 he went 12 rounds with mason 'the line' dixon :P

thumper
08-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I pity any player using HGH (fact) because there were articles written that made the correlation between a guy who used massive amounts of HGH (fact) and died of a brain tumor (fact). I don't care that there was not scientific proof linking HGH use to his tumor within those articles... it's the idea that someone would follow in his footsteps that makes the act all the more moronic. So laugh all you want, at least I'm making a point with facts and you're throwing a pile of

So in your world, one guy using HGH who gets brain cancers proves
they give you brain tumors? Is that how it works in your world? I know
a guy who ate lots of tofu and he got brain tumors. End of investigation;
tofu causes brain tumors. I love how you think you are using "facts"
with your proof statement. Priceless.

So this is your "facts"? Is this what you're using to back your statement:

Actually, I could use much more specific info. but I hardly
care to prove anything to you. I mean, your version of "facts" is a ONE-time
simple correlation. Laughable.

You're about 40 years off the mark trying to link the two eras ... and I haven't seen one thing that supports the BS claim you're making against these guys.

Scoff. I wasn't making a correlation between the two; merely brought it
up as a FACT that the Steelers have regularly used PEDs in the past. Never
said it proved these guy were on HGH. But feel free to form your straw man
argument. It's so cute.

I wouldn't disagree if you said something along the lines that there's probably members of the Steelers who use HGH looking for an edge ... just like there are members of every team who are dumb enough or desperate enough to go that route. But you call out certain individuals with no proof whatsoever.

Your naivety is so darn cute. The NFL is flat out FILLED with dudes using
HGH. And even the so-called tests they will be using are designed to
catch virtually NO ONE. In order to get busted you would have had to shot
it the same day they test you. I think the word will be out "DON'T SHOOT it
UP ON THOSE DAYS."

Oh, but the Steelers organization is from Heaven and all the players
are saints. None of the Steelers are doing it, even though their own
history shows they were all Kool and the Gang with PEDs going back
to the 70's. This organization is sacrosanct. No way would they let that shit
fly to give them an edge in winning. No way.

thumper
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
hey don't knock hgh. sylvester stallone takes it and at age 60 he went 12 rounds with mason 'the line' dixon :P

And Sly got busted for it and said that it wasn't a bad thing, it was
a very good thing and in a few years we will all realize that is appreciate
its benefits. Maybe he is right.

Steelersfan87
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure citing the 70s Steelers (namely offensive linemen) using steroids in an era in which they were not banned and then saying that you "brought it up as a FACT that the Steelers have regularly used PEDs in the past" would classify as a strawman. That Mike Webster used steroids in the 70s and 80s is a complete non-sequitur in reference to whether current Steelers use HGH, so why bring it up? You're touting your allegiance to debate logic and fault others for non-sequiturs, strawman arguments, and ad hominem attacks, yet I've seen you do all of these things in the past 24 hours.

As per the topic, I'm perfectly fine with any Steeler caught using HGH being penalized fully for it.

finesward
08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm pretty sure citing the 70s Steelers (namely offensive linemen) using steroids in an era in which they were not banned and then saying that you "brought it up as a FACT that the Steelers have regularly used PEDs in the past" would classify as a strawman. That Mike Webster used steroids in the 70s and 80s is a complete non-sequitur in reference to whether current Steelers use HGH, so why bring it up? You're touting your allegiance to debate logic and fault others for non-sequiturs, strawman arguments, and ad hominem attacks, yet I've seen you do all of these things in the past 24 hours.

As per the topic, I'm perfectly fine with any Steeler caught using HGH being penalized fully for it.

He's a full on hypocrite. Tried to use a straw man on me in another thread recently, not 2 posts after he accused me of it...lol It's hard to take anything this guy has to say. He sounds the most intelligent when he regurgitates conspiracy theories from 911truth or whatever his homepage is...but when he tries to make his own theories (in this case about the core of our team using HGH) he fails miserably to put together a decent case. Like watching a trainwreck

kirklandrules
08-10-2011, 10:30 AM
How's this for a conspiracy theory: Thumper is really John Harbaugh. That would explain a lot.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-11-2011, 06:52 PM
THUMPER = DOWNBYLAW

* Both feature the same narcissistic attitude and posting style.
* Both don't have a clue about....well......anything, but like to try and sell themselves off as experts in whatever blind assertion they are currently trying to push on us.
* Both masquerade as Steelers fans because they think it gives their anti-Steeler positions/stances more credibility (like Ann Coulter claiming to be a Grateful Dead fan)
* Both regard their own blatherings on here as gospel, never entertaining the fact that they might be completely wrong (which is usually the case).
* THUMPER appeared around the same exact time we jettisoned DOWNBYLAW off this forum.
* Both think Wilie Colon is our worst Olineman and talk smack about him non-stop, even though numerous reports and statistical analyses clearly show Colon to be a top 3 offensive tackle, and these have been cited to them numerous times to no avail (see above narcissism clause).
* Both hate on Big Ben non-stop.
* Both think our defense is using HGH.

Seriously, do the math. They are one and the same....DOWNBYLAW simply changed his net-handle to THUMPER and toned down his BS so we wouldn't immediately recognize him.

Fire Arians
08-11-2011, 07:11 PM
i don't think they're the same person tbh. downbylaw i think had over 1000 posts within a few weeks, thumper isn't nearly that active (though i don't know who is)

BigRick
08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
i don't think they're the same person tbh. downbylaw i think had over 1000 posts within a few weeks, thumper isn't nearly that active (though i don't know who is)

Maybe he's his twin brother. GOD FORBID!!!:rofl:

SteelCityMom
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM
THUMPER = DOWNBYLAW

* Both don't have a clue about....well......anything, but like to try and sell themselves off as experts in whatever blind assertion they are currently trying to push on us.
* Both masquerade as Steelers fans because they think it gives their anti-Steeler positions/stances more credibility (like Ann Coulter claiming to be a Grateful Dead fan)
* Both regard their own blatherings on here as gospel, never entertaining the fact that they might be completely wrong (which is usually the case).
* THUMPER appeared around the same exact time we jettisoned DOWNBYLAW off this forum.
* Both think Wilie Colon is our worst Olineman and talk smack about him non-stop, even though numerous reports and statistical analyses clearly show Colon to be a top 3 offensive tackle, and these have been cited to them numerous times to no avail (see above narcissism clause).

Seriously, do the math. They are one and the same....DOWNBYLAW simply changed his net-handle to THUMPER and toned down his BS so we wouldn't immediately recognize him.

No, they are not the same. Thumper doesn't hate Ben either. Thumper and I rarely agree on things, and often do not get along, but I would never put him up there with DBL. His level of narcissism was just out of this world. Thumper was here well before DBL ever was too, so there's that (he was actually here before you Riddle).

Let's just move on guys. The season's starting...we've got better things to distract us now.

thumper
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
THUMPER = DOWNBYLAW

I have almost never posted anything negative about Ben. I think
you've been to too many Dead concerts, bro. You aren't even close.
But keep thinking I am some past poster. It's you who looks foolish
making this assertion, not me. So, by all means: keep on keeping
on and twirl around in circles with a tie dye shirt while dropping vitamin
A. :rofl:

Fire Arians
08-11-2011, 09:41 PM
somebody needs to test tim tebow for hgh use, that dude is hella diesel for a qb lol