thumper
08-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Sanders out of his walking boot, Hines scheduled to practice
in a day or so and reports are Troy will be getting a long-term
deal.

Ummmm, that sounds pretty dumb. Have they not noticed the
guy can't stay healthy, and they are racing to give him a new
deal early? Why not let him prove he can stay healthy before you
race to give him another huge deal. Think, Rooneys, think.

finesward
08-08-2011, 02:15 PM
next... :yawn:

OX1947
08-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Must by one of those slapnuts who called Tommy Maddox and harassed his family after the Jax game. Real winner dude.

thumper
08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Nothing to refute specific assertions? You mean it is smart to rush to sign
TP to a new deal instead of making him prove he can stay healthy enough
to warrant a big, new deal? Why? People who don't bother to think depress
me. Our country is full of them.

Sixburgher
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Before you go casting aspersions on everyone else's "reluctance to think" why don't you do a little more research?

"The Steelers want to "let the dust settle a little" and consider possible free-agent signings before they even think about doing contract extensions for Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu or inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Polamalu and Timmons are unrestricted free agents after the 2011 season and both players will be re-signed at some point, though it is not clear when. But, after restructuring six contracts and signing franchise player LaMarr Woodley to a six-year deal, the Steelers want to concentrate more on preparing their roster for the upcoming season with possible free-agent signings."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11220/1165952-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

The Steelers aren't "rushing" to resign anybody.

finesward
08-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Nothing to refute specific assertions? You mean it is smart to rush to sign
TP to a new deal instead of making him prove he can stay healthy enough
to warrant a big, new deal? Why? People who don't bother to think depress
me. Our country is full of them.

And it appears this thread was started by one of them...

Weren't you on here preaching about not trusting news articles without doing independent research on them? How the owner of Reuters is pulling the strings on everything? Take a dose of your own bullshit and tell me how it tastes...

SteelCityMom
08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I would tend to agree with you on this Thumper, but only (as Sixburgher has pointed out) if they were actually rushing to get these deals done.

I love Troy as much as any Steelers fan...but this team is not big on spending money on older, injury prone players...no matter how good they are (see Franco, Webster and Woodson). I guarantee Timmons gets his contract done sooner than Troy's (if he even gets a new contract).

thumper
08-08-2011, 03:00 PM
And it appears this thread was started by one of them...

Weren't you on here preaching about not trusting news articles without doing independent research on them? How the owner of Reuters is pulling the strings on everything? Take a dose of your own bullshit and tell me how it tastes...

You think the most wealthy and powerful family on earth would use
their ownership of Reuters and the AP to try to trick us re: if Pgh
was looking to sign TP? I mean, please think about that. Now, would
they instead alter news, or repress news, regarding the invented
wars for Imperialistic efforts or other major issues? Or shield us from
the truth of the supposed debt crisis solution? No, they would bother
to mess with news of a TP upcoming contract. :sofunny:

ebsteelers
08-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Dumper is having a rough day it seems,

he'd rather them bring in a big free agent signing, a guy like plax (fresh out of the pen, and is already banged up) then re-sign guys who have helped us win.
lets wait and see i'll take our chance with troy

kirklandrules
08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
As it stands, I don't see how the Steelers can sign a big name right now. Aren't they about $3M within the cap ... these guys aren't going to sign for free.

stiller39
08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Let him play out his last year on his contract and franchise him the next year.

thumper
08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I would tend to agree with you on this Thumper, but only (as Sixburgher has pointed out) if they were actually rushing to get these deals done.

I love Troy as much as any Steelers fan...but this team is not big on spending money on older, injury prone players...no matter how good they are (see Franco, Webster and Woodson). I guarantee Timmons gets his contract done sooner than Troy's (if he even gets a new contract).

I agree. Now the news is actually saying there will be no rush to
sign TP to new deal. Plus, he isn't going to mope around if they
don't sign him this year; he will give his best effort regardless b/c
that is how he is. No sense in rushing, for more than 1 reason.

Wallabeast17
08-08-2011, 06:42 PM
ok if we don't sign troy, who do we start then? Mundy? Allen?a possible rookie next year?:doh:

Lord of Lombardi
08-08-2011, 07:55 PM

D. Bag Humper, all you know how to spew is garbage. It is clear that Momma did not love you enough. You've now become one "funny" read.

DanRooney
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
For all of you saying we couldn't possibly sign an old, injury prone player, we have no choice but to sign him. We have average to below average CBs and safeties on our team outside of Ike and Troy. Even if we draft a safety in the first round next season, he'll have to master LeBeau's playbook in French and German before he can see the field.

SteelCityMom
08-08-2011, 10:57 PM
For all of you saying we couldn't possibly sign an old, injury prone player, we have no choice but to sign him. We have average to below average CBs and safeties on our team outside of Ike and Troy. Even if we draft a safety in the first round next season, he'll have to master LeBeau's playbook in French and German before he can see the field.

This is true as well. I guess I just can't see them signing him to a long contract (especially if he gets injured again this year).

Fire Arians
08-08-2011, 11:16 PM

pretty much, we don't have any safety who is a permanent fix. i was really hoping we'd draft a safety this year because we really don't have anyone behind troy. I'm hearing some good things about damon cromartie-smith in training camp, but I'll believe it when i see it in an actual game, and if he can at least win a spot over mundy

Rick5895
08-09-2011, 10:35 AM
One of the things about brown I read in the pre draft rankings was the thought he might be better suited to safety. Although at this point he is apparently perfroming well at CB

Steelersfan87
08-09-2011, 11:22 AM
That was his teammate Aaron Williams, who was taken at the top of the 2nd round and projected by many to be the Steelers' pick in the 1st round, not Brown.

Rick5895
08-09-2011, 04:26 PM
That was his teammate Aaron Williams, who was taken at the top of the 2nd round and projected by many to be the Steelers' pick in the 1st round, not Brown.

Yes you are right, I got the two mixed up, however, Brown might translate well to safety if need be.

Fire Arians
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM

brown was the better pick imo. on the texas team, curtis brown was the best pure cover corner. aaron williams was just OK in coverage but was a good tackler. woulda been someone like bryant mcfadden or fill in the blank with any other corner we had with crap coverage skills but could tackle.

i like the brown pick because he will stop passes from being completed in the first place, which is better than being able to make the tackle after you just got burnt for a 1st down completion. to be honest i'd all be for drafting cover corners. we have a front 7 full of excellent tacklers and 2 safeties that can hit. i can deal with a corner or 2 with suspect tackling if it means we aren't getting abused at will by an elite quarterback.

finesward
08-10-2011, 09:23 AM

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Now you know how the rest of us feel when we read half the shit you post...

:blah::blah::blah:

You ran with a sensationalized piece that some jerk off wrote to get more readers and took it blindly as the truth. You put yourself high up on that pedestal and showed your complete disgust with the Rooneys for being so stupid and not thinking, when in fact it was you who was misinformed and not thinking.

Sound familiar?

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-11-2011, 08:01 PM
THUMPER = DOWNBYLAW

ben2hines=6
08-11-2011, 08:07 PM
with troy were the best defense in the nfl. without troy we struggle to make the top 10. injury prone or not, GET THE DEAL DONE!