PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes Arrested

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Steelers' Santonio Holmes arrested for disorderly conduct

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct at a hotel in South Beach, police said Saturday.

Holmes was arrested Friday night. He was released from jail after he signed a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

The events leading to Holmes' arrest weren't released by police.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he didn't know about the arrest and couldn't immediately comment on it. Holmes was the Steelers' first-round pick in April out of Ohio State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-holmesarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow,I wonder what happened.

70c10
05-27-2006, 03:03 PM
What a punk!. He stands to make a great living in the NFL and he does this crap!. Keep an eye on this one.

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 03:04 PM
What a punk!. He stands to make a great living in the NFL and he does this crap!. Keep an eye on this one.

Personally, I would not go that far without knowing all the details. Unless you work for the media or a fan of an opposing team?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Personally, I would not go that far without knowing all the details. Unless you work for the media or a fan of an opposing team?

Exactly,disorderly conduct can be anything from having an argument to starting a riot.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:06 PM
probably something stupid like walking on the street with a corona. oh wait, that was plex. it is ironic he cant attend the o.t.a.'s but he can go to south beach. willie reid is licking his chops.

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Also, isn't he supposed to be in Ohio?

On vacation maybe....

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Also, isn't he supposed to be in Ohio?

On vacation maybe....florida is his home i believe. and it is a holiday weekend, and although he has yet to sign a contract im sure he can get a loan for whatever he wants. even a ticket back home.

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 03:10 PM
florida is his home i believe. and it is a holiday weekend, and although he has yet to sign a contract im sure he can get a loan for whatever he wants. even a ticket back home.

Good point. Forgot about the holiday weekend.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Good point. Forgot about the holiday weekend. of course wed prefer him to spend his holiday in pittsburgh but im pretty sure league rules prohibit that. im not sure. it is his own time so you would think if he wanted to go work out with his new team mates he could

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2006, 03:18 PM
of course wed prefer him to spend his holiday in pittsburgh but im pretty sure league rules prohibit that. im not sure. it is his own time so you would think if he wanted to go work out with his new team mates he could

Nope,he can't.Since Ohio State holds it's graduation in June instead of May he is unable to be with the team after Mini Camp until Ohio State holds it's graduation.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Christ, it's disorderly conduct...that's less than nothing.

Now, if it was a drug charge, or assault, or a gun charge, or rape, then I'd be worried...but we aren't the Bengals, so we're good.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
lol @ y'all, if it was a bengal, browns, or ravens player y'all be talkin all kinds of shit about him.

i like thuggish players so i hope he beat some ppls asses for no reason lol

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:28 PM
lol @ y'all, if it was a bengal, browns, or ravens player y'all be talkin all kinds of shit about him.

right. are you saying youd be praising them and running to a ravens players defense? thats what fans do they talk shit about other teams players. you know. kinda like you wishing nowitzki to break his leg :rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 03:31 PM

i like thuggish players so i hope he beat some ppls asses for no reason lol

I wouldn't say "y'all". I just simply stated that I'm not ready to call him a "punk" before all the details are settled and explained.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 03:32 PM
i don't wish he breaks his leg, i wish he blow out his knee lol

i just find it funny how y'all saying wait for the details, but when players of other teams get reported like this with no real details a lot of y'all are quick to call him a loser, a bum, etc etc.

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 03:34 PM
i don't wish he breaks his leg, i wish he blow out his knee lol

i just find it funny how y'all saying wait for the details, but when players of other teams get reported like this with no real details a lot of y'all are quick to call him a loser, a bum, etc etc.

Let's see, the players I have busted on were Ricky Williams after failing four drug tests. Chris Henry who has been arrested how many times? Droughns who was arrested how many times? I bust on the low-life thug pieces of shit that are actually found guilty or who get in trouble over and over again with the league or the law.

Big difference between those players and a player (in this case, Holmes) with a column on yahoo with minor details pertaining to the story don't you think?

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:38 PM

lol. about as funny as you being the voice of reason. you saying we should bash santonio like hes a bengal, brown, or raven? or should we all just stop talking shit all together.

nothing funny about being loyal to our team.

boLT fan
05-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I'd love to see the negative responses if this was a Bengals or Browns first round draft pick. It wouldn't be "oh, it's just dissorderly conduct it's no big deal."

CantStop85
05-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Woah, stop the presses...I thought the Steelers didn't draft players with character issues.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Woah, stop the presses...I thought the Steelers didn't draft players with character issues.see. there you go thinking again.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
lol. about as funny as you being the voice of reason. you saying we should bash santonio like hes a bengal, brown, or raven? or should we all just stop talking shit all together.

nothing funny about being loyal to our team.

damn talkin shit makes you loyal???? the bengals must have some of the most loyal fans every cause that's all them bitches do

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 03:51 PM
damn talkin shit makes you loyal???? the bengals must have some of the most loyal fans every cause that's all them bitches do:dang: let me clarify (not that it really needs any clarification). NOT talking shit about your OWN players shows loyalty. especially when you dont know all the facts.

Mosca
05-27-2006, 03:52 PM

Yeah, like Lynn Swann. He was arrested for disorderly conduct before his rookie camp, too. And look at what a bust he turned out to be; a real chump, professionally and personally.

Tom

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, like Lynn Swann. He was arrested for disorderly conduct before his rookie camp, too. And look at what a bust he turned out to be; a real chump, professionally and personally.

Tom was he? i didnt know that. there goes his career in broadcasting and politics. oh wait.....

clevestinks
05-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I hope this isn`t as bad as it sounds. But we rip on other teams for thier players problems. We all know the Steelers will not put up with this crap. He better get better advisors.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Wow...almost every single person I was friends with in college was either arrested for DC, or came damned near to it (I was close at least 10 times, but was always able to talk my way out of it)...are they thugs? Criminals? Head cases?

No, they are doctors, lawyers, accountants and engineers.

It's DC, guys...it's about the equivalent of breaking curfew.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 04:14 PM
It's DC, guys...it's about the equivalent of breaking curfew. a dickhead cop can arrest you for leaving a bar and laughing loudly.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 04:44 PM
:dang: let me clarify (not that it really needs any clarification). NOT talking shit about your OWN players shows loyalty. especially when you dont know all the facts.

that's not loyalty that's bias. i talk shit about players all the time. don't make me any less loyal, players come and go, but i'll always love the steelers.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 04:47 PM
i wont trash any steeler unless they deserve it. at this point holmes dont deserve it. he was probably arrested for being black on a friday night. i WILL bash other teams players regardless.

Mosca
05-27-2006, 04:50 PM
was he? i didnt know that. there goes his career in broadcasting and politics. oh wait.....

Yep. Him his brother, and two other guys. The charges were dropped, and he and the other guys sued the city for false arrest, defamation, etc; he missed the first few weeks of training camp in '79 for the trial, won something like $150k.

Tom

boLT fan
05-27-2006, 04:50 PM
:dang: let me clarify (not that it really needs any clarification). NOT talking shit about your OWN players shows loyalty. especially when you dont know all the facts.

Oh, I understand now! You can't talk trash on your own team without knowing the facts, but other teams are fair game to trash talk on without knowing facts. Gotchya'

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 04:53 PM
It's one thing if a pro athlete is arrested for rape or a major felony...it's an entirely different matter for disorderly conduct.

Do I need to remind anyone that OJ Simpson was as guilty as Jeffrey Dahmer, but got off?

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh, I understand now! You can't talk trash on your own team without knowing the facts, but other teams are fair game to trash talk on without knowing facts. Gotchya' oh, we can (koopa does all the time) most just choose not to. all other 31 teams are open season in my book. (not to say i'd start bashing ladainian tomlinson if he were arrested for being black though) depends on the player and team.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
It's one thing if a pro athlete is arrested for rape or a major felony...it's an entirely different matter for disorderly conduct.

Do I need to remind anyone that OJ Simpson was as guilty as Jeffrey Dahmer, but got off? jeffery dahmer "got off" too, but in a much sicker and demented way :sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I have heard nothing bad before about Santonio Holmes. So I wouldn't prejudge him before knowing all the facts. Like Suit said if he was busted for drugs, rape or pointing guns at people like Sean Taylor and Marcus Vick. Then I might throw up some red flags. I bet by the start of the season this thing will have been long forgotten.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 05:53 PM
I have heard nothing bad before about Santonio Holmes. So I wouldn't prejudge him before knowing all the facts. Like Suit said if he was busted for drugs, rape or pointing guns at people like Sean Taylor and Marcus Vick. Then I might throw up some red flags. I bet by the start of the season this thing will have been long forgotten.

your right. it will be forgotten.

didnt max starks get busted for some bar altercation b.s. right after the superbowl? a few weeks before his U.S.O. tour? nobodys talking about that, infact its pretty much been forgotten. how bout marvel smith being busted for pot smoke emminating from his hotel room while in tempe a few years back? didnt hurt us getting to the sb.

believe it or not the steelers actually employ humans.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I bet by the start of the season this thing will have been long forgotten.

Forget what?

Seriously, the pedestrian nature of this "crime" is revealed by the fact that Holmes was released after signing a piece of paper promising that he'd show up for court.

BBC
05-27-2006, 05:59 PM
that's not loyalty that's bias. i talk shit about players all the time. don't make me any less loyal, players come and go, but i'll always love the steelers.

This coming from someone who is somehow a fan of a team from Texas and Pittsburgh...

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 06:00 PM
your right. it will be forgotten.

didnt max starks get busted for some bar altercation b.s. right after the superbowl? a few weeks before his U.S.O. tour? nobodys talking about that, infact its pretty much been forgotten. how bout marvel smith being busted for pot smoke emminating from his hotel room while in tempe a few years back? didnt hurt us getting to the sb.

believe it or not the steelers actually employ humans.

I didn't hear about Max Starks. But I do remember about Marvel Smith being busted for pot. Very good point that these players also being human. Some Steelers fans were shocked and ticked at Ben when those pictures hit the net early this year. I made some jokes about the pics. But Ben is 24 year old young man. He isn't doing nothing that alot of other 24 year young men are doing. So nothing to be shocked or mad at.

I'm sure the Steelers did alot of studing about Holme's character before the draft so no worries about Holmes for me. Plus when training camp starts I'm sure Cowher and players like Ward talk to Holmes and tell him since he is a pro athelete he is under and microscope and to avoid future situations like this. But I don't even know the details so I really shouldn't comment on it before knowing the facts.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Forget what?

Seriously, the pedestrian nature of this "crime" is revealed by the fact that Holmes was released after signing a piece of paper promising that he'd show up for court.

Just pointing out that this is probally so minor that by the time the season starts we won't even remember Holmes being arrested. I'm not freaking out over this just conversating.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 06:03 PM
This coming from someone who is somehow a fan of a team from Texas and Pittsburgh...

this coming from a dude that joined in february

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I didn't hear about Max Starks.

my bad. it was trai essex and chucki okolbi who have had off season run ins with the po-po. nothing bad. essex with a bar altercation and okolbi for having driving violations.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Just pointing out that this is probally so minor that by the time the season starts we won't even remember Holmes being arrested. I'm not freaking out over this just conversating.

Dude, I don't know why we have such a hard time communicating...this is like the old joke:

Person A: "I need to forget what I'm about to tell you...so and so, yada yada yada..."
Person B: "Forget what?"

See?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 06:16 PM
my bad. it was trai essex and chucki okolbi who have had off season run ins with the po-po. nothing bad. essex with a bar altercation and okolbi for having driving violations.

No reason to say my bad. Your only human bro. We all have made mistakes. I did hear about Essex. I didn't hear about Okobi. Usually if its not serious I don't care what players do. Its not like I'm a perfect angel myself.:sofunny:

BBC
05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
this coming from a dude that joined in february

Are you really this dumb?

Here are some other message boards that I post at:

http://www.pigskinheaven.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Check out BigBenCan7, notice that I joined June 2005 and that I have over 4,000 posts, as a Steelers fan.

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=12604&page=2

Go through that thread and maybe some other ones, notice that Miller Time joined in December of 2005 and that I have over 1,000 posts over there, also as a Steelers fan.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Dude, I don't know why we have such a hard time communicating...this is like the old joke:

Person A: "I need to forget what I'm about to tell you...so and so, yada yada yada..."
Person B: "Forget what?"

See?

You asked the question forget what. I answered you. Thats all

Ambridge
05-27-2006, 06:20 PM
I read in a pre-draft guide that Holmes had some discipline and maturity issues while at OSU.

Disorderly conduct isn't serious but it's not the right foot to get started out on for a number one draft pick and I hope Cowher/Colbert stick their foot squarely in Santonio's ass and make it clear this type of activity wont be tolerated.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 06:20 PM
See, it's a joke...when person B says "Forget what?" he's pretending he's already forgotten what was just said a half second prior, thereby fufilling person A's wish.

Can someone help me out here?

BBC
05-27-2006, 06:21 PM
See, it's a joke...when person B says "Forget what?" he's pretending he's already forgotten what was just said a half second prior, thereby fufilling person A's wish.

I got it Suit. Just remember that it is hard to convey tone over the internet, so don't be surprised when some people misunderstand what you were trying to say.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 06:25 PM

I understand now. Ok the joke went above my head at first. Hey I have only been a member for a month. I'm still learning how to take people. But its all good man.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I got it Suit. Just remember that it is hard to convey tone over the internet, so don't be surprised when some people misunderstand what you were trying to say.

Yea I'm still really knew also. So I'm still learning how to take certain people on this forum. Suit is a cool cat though. I like reading his stuff. Its just his jokes go over my head at times. But we are all Steelers fans for the most part. So its all good.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 06:29 PM

Check out BigBenCan7, notice that I joined June 2005 and that I have over 4,000 posts, as a Steelers fan.

Go through that thread and maybe some other ones, notice that Miller Time joined in December of 2005 and that I have over 1,000 posts over there, also as a Steelers fan. i remember bigbencan7 from sporstline before it crashed every day. i checked out psh as "willie ried" about a month ago, and after over a year of not joining once all the cbs posters flocked there, know why i didnt. this board is much better.

BBC
05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
i remember bigbencan7 from sporstline before it crashed every day. i checked out psh as "willie ried" about a month ago, and after over a year of not joining once all the cbs posters flocked there, know why i didnt. this board is much better.

I remember you over there. I acutally enjoyed your posts. Especially the Prisco one. Most of the CBSers were banned for being morons.

CantStop85
05-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Pssst...there is no pro basketball team in Pittsburgh.

BBC
05-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Pssst...there is no pro basketball team in Pittsburgh.

No, but there is a college football and baseball team there.

Even then, be a Cavs fan.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 06:52 PM

Go through that thread and maybe some other ones, notice that Miller Time joined in December of 2005 and that I have over 1,000 posts over there, also as a Steelers fan.

aww it's ok for you to question me, but i can't question you?? well go on aol. and somehow look up my post i have some starting from december 2004. i think my aol handle was lmkingsville

CantStop85
05-27-2006, 06:55 PM

True, I forgot he's a longhorns fan, too. Perhaps he was a fan of the Steelers before the Texans came to Houston (assuming he hates Dallas).

But why would anyone want to be a fan of any cleveland sports team...it's like Elton John thumbing through a Playboy, it just doesn't make sense. :busted:

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 06:56 PM
LOL at the CBS Sportline BB...I didn't realize I was the only one who had all the problems. I used to open like 6 windows at a time, and paste my one post 6 at a time in hopes that maybe ONE would get through.

It almost never happened...

Koopa
05-27-2006, 06:59 PM

well i guess i have to explain to you my story (something i've done on this message board more then once) i'm a steeler fan because i didn't like football growing up (didn't have a father growing up) it wasn't until i was a freshman in high school, during preseason my friend said who's your team and for some reason steelers came out of my mouth, and from there on out i stuck with them.

the reason i don't like the cowboys is cause even though i didn't like football growing up, my cousin would always tell me to talk shit about them so i would piss off most of my family members.

the spurs are my one true team that i've been with since i was little cause i have family in SA and they were more basketball fans then football. so i'll always be a spurs fan first then a steelers fan. but that don't make me any less of a fan casue i'll always root for the steelers win or lose.

btw why would i like the cavs??? i'm from texas

Suitanim
True, I forgot he's a longhorns fan, too. Perhaps he was a fan of the Steelers before the Texans came to Houston (assuming he hates Dallas).

But why would anyone want to be a fan of any cleveland sports team...it's like Elton John thumbing through a Playboy, it just doesn't make sense. :busted:

I'm a Cavs, Indians, Buckeyes and Steelers fan. I made all those desicions when I was about 6, and I've stuck with them ever since. I've never waivered or changed teams or bandwagoned or front-ran or...well, you get the picture.

BBC
LOL at the CBS Sportline BB...I didn't realize I was the only one who had all the problems. I used to open like 6 windows at a time, and paste my one post 6 at a time in hopes that maybe ONE would get through.

It almost never happened...

You know the infamous BB!?

Wow, let me tell you, I've got some stories. Sometimes I go back and read some of her posts just to read "Banned" on her user title.

silver & black
05-27-2006, 07:00 PM

The only sports team that I don't like from Cleveland is the Browns. Never did, never will. I am an ardent Indians fan and a casual Cavs fan... the Browns just suck!

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I remember you over there. I acutally enjoyed your posts. Especially the Prisco one. Most of the CBSers were banned for being morons. pretty sad when "creep" at sportsline had become the face of steelerfans. (as funny as he was) i just didnt like the whole eliteism "better board" thing from sportsline transfered over to PSH from what i briefly saw. plus all boards need a "blast furnace" to keep things civil in the other forums.

BBC
05-27-2006, 07:01 PM
well i guess i have to explain to you my story (something i've done on this message board more then once) i'm a steeler fan because i didn't like football growing up (didn't have a father growing up) it wasn't until i was a freshman in high school, during preseason my friend said who's your team and for some reason steelers came out of my mouth, and from there on out i stuck with them.

the reason i don't like the cowboys is cause even though i didn't like football growing up, my cousin would always tell me to talk shit about them so i would piss off most of my family members.

the spurs are my one true team that i've been with since i was little cause i have family in SA and they were more basketball fans then football. so i'll always be a spurs fan first then a steelers fan. but that don't make me any less of a fan casue i'll always root for the steelers win or lose.

btw why would i like the cavs??? i'm from texas

Makes more sense now.

Reasoning for the Cavs statement was that it is the closest basketball team to Pittsburgh.

BBC
05-27-2006, 07:03 PM
pretty sad when "creep" at sportsline had become the face of steelerfans. (as funny as he was) i just didnt like the whole eliteism "better board" thing from sportsline transfered over to PSH from what i briefly saw. plus all boards need a "blast furnace" to keep things civil in the other forums.

What do you mean?

I actually suggested a smack forum, didn't go through though.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh, I lost interest in that POS MB way too fast to notice any particular poster.

BBC
05-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh, I lost interest in that POS MB way too fast to notice any particular poster.

CBS or PSH?

CantStop85
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm a Cavs, Indians, Buckeyes and Steelers fan. I made all those desicions when I was about 6, and I've stuck with them ever since. I've never waivered or changed teams or bandwagoned or front-ran or...well, you get the picture.
Understandable...I'm a Bengals, UK (Kentucky), Reds, and Mavericks fan in that order. The Mavericks pick is a little off-the-wall but there's no basketball team in Kentucky or Cincinnati so I basically just picked the team that appealed most to me back about 4 or 5 years ago.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 07:09 PM
CBS...

And the only "team" I cheer for that isn't regional is Jeff Gordon, but he WAS the only Northerner at the time (Indiana roots), so...I can't help it that he became the best driver in NASCAR.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 07:10 PM

It almost never happened... the posters there got more into personal, racist, vulgar, childish insults and battles that eventually the mods (if ther ever were any, had to step in) instead of actually moderating the board it would just be shut down for days on end. now, if you look, theres rarely ever more than 30 minutes of active posting before it shuts down for several days. the place had become over run with patriot fans anyways. im just bumed it didnt work all the time when those bandwaggoners were due to eat their crow once the steelers won.

Suitanim
05-27-2006, 07:16 PM
the posters there got more into personal, racist, vulgar, childish insults and battles that eventually the mods (if ther ever were any, had to step in) instead of actually moderating the board it would just be shut down for days on end. now, if you look, theres rarely ever more than 30 minutes of active posting before it shuts down for several days. the place had become over run with patriot fans anyways. im just bumed it didnt work all the time when those bandwaggoners were due to eat their crow once the steelers won.

There's something to be said for a "no-holds-barred" board, but eventually, it starts to wear. If nothing else, it's good for skin-thickening.

Koopa
05-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Understandable...I'm a Bengals, UK (Kentucky), Reds, and Mavericks fan in that order. The Mavericks pick is a little off-the-wall but there's no basketball team in Kentucky or Cincinnati so I basically just picked the team that appealed most to me back about 4 or 5 years ago.

i should neg you for that lol....... the f'k is wrong with you boy. just about all your teams our in my teams divisions. astros>>>>>reds, steelers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bengals, spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mavs (like my grandpa says, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, so the mavs are gone next year)

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 07:26 PM
What do you mean?

I actually suggested a smack forum, didn't go through though. i think it was with "chiefs huddle". the majority of the "regular posters" im sure you know who, would come back to sportsline acting like they had found the fountain of knowledge, while only clueing their "cyberbuddies" where. only once they found a board that offered perks for attracting more members did they start spamming psh at sportsline. pretty childish imo. most were just trying to get under "creeps"skin, moreso than actually talking football. alot seemed to enjoy the fact that they had pull to ban someone who had opposing opinions.

BBC
05-27-2006, 07:30 PM
i think it was with "chiefs huddle". the majority of the "regular posters" im sure you know who, would come back to sportsline acting like they had found the fountain of knowledge, while only clueing their "cyberbuddies" where. only once they found a board that offered perks for attracting more members did they start spamming psh at sportsline. pretty childish imo. most were just trying to get under "creeps"skin, moreso than actually talking football. alot seemed to enjoy the fact that they had pull to ban someone who had opposing opinions.

Yes many of those posters are now gone. RaiderZord, ddrayder, BruschiBabe, ray1970, hdawg. They were rather childish, they actually have their own site now, where only a select few may talk and bash PSH.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 07:32 PM
There's something to be said for a "no-holds-barred" board, but eventually, it starts to wear. If nothing else, it's good for skin-thickening.

lol. AMEN. i still go there just to bash the baseball fans who have invaded the nascar board. (the mlb board has been pretty much been shut down for the same reasons. but the soccer, horseracing and nascarboards seem to be running all the time) well when i have a bunch of mlb fans (primarily redsox and yanks) saying nascar is not a sport, you can bet im ready for an argument. especially when they are invading a nascar board belittling the actual nascar fans who post there. kind of like a release the novogate brown board provides. the stupidity does begin to wear.

this is a great board.

tony hipchest
05-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes many of those posters are now gone. RaiderZord, ddrayder, BruschiBabe, ray1970, hdawg. They were rather childish, they actually have their own site now, where only a select few may talk and bash PSH.well you represent at the board well. the steelers have always had the most ammount of topiccs, threads, and posts of all teams, and ive seen you keep the forum updated with all recent news rather than childish jibber jabber.. it just seems most posters are anti-steelers. i laughed at anditsgood bragging about the site, when i told him the steelers forum was the most popular one on the "better board" his incessant spamming on cbs got rather tiring.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2006, 09:52 PM

Got that right ! :cheers:

Santonio4
05-27-2006, 10:19 PM
of course wed prefer him to spend his holiday in pittsburgh but im pretty sure league rules prohibit that. im not sure. it is his own time so you would think if he wanted to go work out with his new team mates he could

Im pretty sure he can not do anything with the team due to the NFL and the NCAA rules of graduation. I dont know why he exactly got arrested so no one jump to conclusions about him just yet, calm down and let it play out.

83-Steelers-43
05-27-2006, 11:11 PM
More details.............

Steelers top pick Holmes arrested
Miami police cite disorderly conduct
Sunday, May 28, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Santonio Holmes, the Steelers' No. 1 draft choice, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct in the South Beach area of Miami Beach early yesterday morning, a charge his mother contends is a case of mistaken identity because she said her son is in Columbus, Ohio.

But, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said it is no mistake. Holmes, a wide receiver from Ohio State and the 25th overall pick in the NFL draft, disrupted traffic and was verbally abusive to a police officer outside a South Beach hotel on Collins Avenue at 3:30 a.m.yesterday.

"We got a positive I.D.," Hernandez said.

Holmes was released from jail and did not have to post bail after signing a promissory note to appear in court when he is served a subpoena. Hernandez said police have to positively identify a person before they will release him on a promissory note. That is how they know the person they arrested was Holmes.

But Patricia Brown, Holmes' mother who lives in Belle Glade, Fla., said her son is in Columbus, where he is attending school, and has not been home since her May 5 birthday. Belle Glade is approximately two hours north of South Beach.

"That's news to me," Brown said when told of the arrest. "I talked to him yesterday. He's in Ohio."

Holmes did not return a message left on his cell phone.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said, "We don't have any comment on it because we don't have any information on it."

According to the police report, Holmes was observed walking in the middle of Collins Avenue in a trendy area of South Beach littered with outdoor bars and restaurants. When traffic became disrupted and came to a standstill, a police officer told Holmes to "get out of the street." According to the report, Holmes "said several offensive words" to the police officer and was arrested.

"He was verbally abusive with the police officer," Hernandez said.

Hernandez said Holmes did not appear drunk and was not cited for public intoxication. No date has been set for the hearing.

Holmes attended the Steelers' minicamp two weeks ago, but he is not allowed to take part in the coaching and voluntary workout sessions because of an NFL rule that prohibits underclassmen from joining their team until either he or his class graduates.

Hines86Ward
05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Alright, thats more news than what was released earlier. Still confused on if it was him or not, but even if it was him, it seems like a bullshit arrest.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-27-2006, 11:38 PM
hopefully its nothing at all,
If its anything big. there will be hesitation on signing him to a big contract.

SteelShooter
05-28-2006, 02:04 AM

:stupid:

Et Tu Koopa

Amen Brother!

(Oooops...I meant to use this --> :iagree: )

:sign02: :sign09: :sign03:

83-Steelers-43
05-28-2006, 07:21 AM
From the trib.........."Holmes said he asked the officer why he yelled at him, and he was immediately placed under arrest.

"I wasn't trying to cause a problem," said Holmes, a native of Hollywood, Fla., who said he was in town to visit with his children, Santonio III and Nicori. "I'm upset about this."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_455766.html

83-Steelers-43
05-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Alright, thats more news than what was released earlier. Still confused on if it was him or not, but even if it was him, it seems like a bullshit arrest.

Normally when a cop states we have "positive ID" and the players "momma" is stating he wasn't even in the vicinity of where the crime took place, he or she was "there" and probably committed the crime. Ever watch COPS? lol.

Atlanta Dan
05-28-2006, 07:47 AM
The Mom is always good for an alibi for the perp. Nice try with the claim he was back in Columbus.

Someone needs to sit this guy down and explain that school days are over. This weekend's stunt will cost him some money since he is dealing with a franchise that has no interest in having another Plax/Troy Edwards diva at WR. My bet is Hines Ward will be having a chat with our #1 pick.

83-Steelers-43
05-28-2006, 07:49 AM
My bet is Hines Ward will be having a chat with our #1 pick.

No doubt. I think a few of the vets will sit him down and have a little talk with him. In my opinion, this incident will be forgotten by mid-October.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-28-2006, 08:56 AM
****"I observed the defendant walking in the middle of the road obstructing traffic. I gave the defendant a verbal order to get out of the street and the defendant began to say several offensive words and he refused to get out of the street. The defendant's actions caused a crowd to form and traffic to come to a stop. Defendant arrested." ******

As a Police Dispatcher I can tell you that Disorderly Conduct is a "catch-all" offense to cover conduct that doesnt quite fit in to a specific charge....Most of the time its an officers way of getting someone... out of a house, off the streets, or away from a situation in order to "diffuse" or minimize a potential problem.

Misdemeanor charge...anyone of us could get the same thing by stepping out of a bar with a drink...taking a wizz behind a bush...jaywalking.

A charge like that is nothing to indicate character issues...it only points out that one of the people involved REALLY didnt care for the other...Ticked off rookie or stressed out cop...6 of one/half dozen of the other...

BB2W
05-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Check out this picture captured by the arresting officer's dash cam. :grin:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/pdouble79/dashcam.gif

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 10:11 AM
maybe he was doing what coach asked and practicing catching the ball "in traffic"

:toofunny: rimshot please

(very nice bb2w)

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-28-2006, 11:13 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMikHyXlEayAA4oSjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=122qkc729/EXP=1148918407/**http%3a//www.cobantech.com.tw/images/Seattle.jpg

A bystander was able to get a picture of the Police car..as it pulled away with Santonio

Haiku_Dirtt
05-28-2006, 12:21 PM
probably something stupid like walking on the street with a corona. oh wait, that was plex. it is ironic he cant attend the o.t.a.'s but he can go to south beach. willie reid is licking his chops.

Yeah. This is way way way way too premature about Holmes. BUT this is why I don't like the Steelers to pick receivers in the first round.

History is an excellent indicator. And the STeelers have indicated that they are terrible at getting first round receivers to live up to the expectations.

Haven't heard about LenDale getting arrested so far...

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah. This is way way way way too premature about Holmes. BUT this is why I don't like the Steelers to pick receivers in the first round.

History is an excellent indicator. And the STeelers have indicated that they are terrible at getting first round receivers to live up to the expectations.

Haven't heard about LenDale getting arrested so far...

That's because Lendale White is laying around in his parents basement in his underwear licking cheese-curl powder of his fingers and chugging cherry koolaid. You know...now that ALL that serious preperation for the combine and pro-days is over

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 12:44 PM
That's because Lendale White is laying around in his parents basement in his underwear licking cheese-curl powder of his fingers and chugging cherry koolaid. You know...now that ALL that serious preperation for the combine and pro-days is over
thats funny

Hines86Ward
05-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Here's the article from the Tribune-Review....

Steelers' Holmes arrested in Florida

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, May 28, 2006

Steelers first-round draft choice Santonio Holmes was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and taken to jail at 3:30 a.m. Saturday after a confrontation with police in Miami Beach, Fla. The former Ohio State receiver was released from jail after signing a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned.

Holmes said last night that he was on his way from a bar/restaurant in Miami Beach early yesterday and stepped off the sidewalk to avoid a gathering of people. A police officer yelled at him, Holmes said. A report written by the arresting officer said Holmes was obstructing traffic.

Holmes said he asked the officer why he yelled at him, and he was immediately placed under arrest. "I wasn't trying to cause a problem," said Holmes, a native of Hollywood, Fla., who said he was in town to visit with his children, Santonio III and Nicori. "I'm upset about this."

The police report said Holmes was not cooperative with police after being warned to get off of the street on Collins Avenue.

The arresting officer wrote the report as follows: "I observed the defendant walking in the middle of the road obstructing traffic. I gave the defendant a verbal order to get out of the street and the defendant began to say several offensive words and he refused to get out of the street. The defendant's actions caused a crowd to form and traffic to come to a stop. Defendant arrested."

A date for Holmes to appear in court for his arraignment has not been set. A Miami Beach police spokesman said it is routine for defendants to be released after signing a promissory note if they are cooperative after being taken into custody.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett, reached yesterday evening, said the team did not have a comment on Holmes' arrest. Holmes' agent, Joel Segal, did not return a telephone call.

The Steelers traded their third- and fourth-round picks to move up seven spots to select Holmes, who left Ohio State after his junior year. Holmes is not attending the Steelers' voluntary workouts, which began two weeks ago and run through June 8, because of an NCAA/NFL rule that prohibits a player from joining an NFL team until his college class graduates.

Holmes was in Pittsburgh on May 13-15 for minicamp and is expected to gain a grasp of his playbook while being absent from the workouts. He has not signed a contract with the Steelers, who open training camp July 28 in Latrobe.

clevestinks
05-28-2006, 03:47 PM
That is tooooooo funny

SteelersFever
05-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Apparently, Holmes is ONLY one victim of 'The Crackdown'. He and along with 557 other arrests, including Washington Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Awvee Storey.

Isn't that some BULL SHIT! :upyours: :shake01: :uhh: :willy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2461375

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Apparently, Holmes is ONLY one victim of 'The Crackdown'. He and along with 557 other arrests, including Washington Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Awvee Storey.

i read the stories and a certain song by N.W.A. plays through my head.....

Ambridge
05-28-2006, 04:37 PM

:nervous: Shhhh!!!
Someone from the Evil Empire might think we're talking about them again. :nervous:

Atlanta Dan
05-28-2006, 04:51 PM

It sounds like bogus police work, but do not underestimate the ability of pro athletes to get into trouble when the law does not recognize their wonderfulness.

This quote that the espn story attributes to Arenas is classic:

As Arenas was being arrested, according to reports, he said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."

SteelersFever
05-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I blame O.J. Simpson and Ray Lewis. Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! But, that's not the point. Explain the other 554 people who are NOT pro athletes and were also arrested.

3 to be 4
05-28-2006, 05:28 PM
i notice the WR the PATRIOTS drafted hasnt been arrested yet.

(just kidding)

CantStop85
05-28-2006, 06:46 PM
i should neg you for that lol....... the f'k is wrong with you boy. just about all your teams our in my teams divisions. astros>>>>>reds, steelers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bengals, spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mavs (like my grandpa says, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, so the mavs are gone next year)
lol I thought you'd love that...all of my teams are up-and-coming too, watch out. :blurp:

I think the mavs finally have what it takes to win it all this year...Avery Johnson has done wonders making the team actually play defense. I think the Spurs need another consistent scoring option to get back to the Finals next year...if Manu has a bad day or Parker can't get in the lane then Duncan basically has to carry the team on his back offensively. Finley is a good shooter, but with age his game has become more one-dimensional.

Koopa
05-28-2006, 06:50 PM
lol I thought you'd love that...all of my teams are up-and-coming too, watch out. :blurp:

I think the mavs finally have what it takes to win it all this year...Avery Johnson has done wonders making the team actually play defense. I think the Spurs need another consistent scoring option to get back to the Finals next year...if Manu has a bad day or Parker can't get in the lane then Duncan basically has to carry the team on his back offensively. Finley is a good shooter, but with age his game has become more one-dimensional.

up and comming?? lol, steelers are still young so that's some scary shit to think about when they just won the superbowl

the mavs will not win the championship this year or ever, especially after the spurs retool

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 07:09 PM
So, now we know...by reaching 100 posts, we have all contributed (myself included) to bulding up this molehill into a mountain.

3 to be 4
05-28-2006, 07:14 PM
whens the trial? was the draft pick a mistake? what if this behavior doesnt stop? how many chances do you give him? will it effect his play? what does Ward think?

there, maybe the thread can be stretched to 200 posts now.

Livinginthe past
05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
I thought there was talk of him having 'character issues' before the draft - but I can't remember anything specific.

Im pretty sure the Steelers would double check a guy before they allowed him to pull on the Steelers uni - I guess now that Bettis is gone, it will indeed be Ward who has to pull him to one side if need be.

NM

Lyn
05-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I thought there was talk of him having 'character issues' before the draft - but I can't remember anything specific.

Im pretty sure the Steelers would double check a guy before they allowed him to pull on the Steelers uni - I guess now that Bettis is gone, it will indeed be Ward who has to pull him to one side if need be.

NM

Pretty sure they have it well under control, no need for a Patsie fan to be concerned.

3 to be 4
05-28-2006, 07:56 PM
this never would have been an issue if only the Steelers drafted Chad Jackson

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm sure that Cowher and Colbert were incredibly impressed by Chad Jackson's ability to stand in the middle of a field with no pads and catch some balls...however, his 10 YPC average which was 600th "best" in the nation, probably meant more, well, actually, that would be "less", to them.

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm sure that Cowher and Colbert were incredibly impressed by Chad Jackson's ability to stand in the middle of a field with no pads and catch some balls...however, his 10 YPC average which was 600th "best" in the nation, probably meant more, well, actually, that would be "less", to them.not to defend a pat but didnt c. jackson average like 22 yards a catch the year before he was thrown into a whole different offensive scheme his final season in college?

before what i posted is questionned let me post a link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10316&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10316

sure it is only 28 catches, but 22 ypc is 22 ypc. (it appears to be in his sophmore season, but like always, i could be wrong)

Livinginthe past
05-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Pretty sure they have it well under control, no need for a Patsie fan to be concerned.

Well it would appear they haven't, unless you call getting arrested 'under control'.

We all have different standards I guess...
NM

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Santonio Holmes also had to adjust to a couple different offensive coordinators. His OC became the HC at Cincinnati (Bearcats, not Bungals). By the by, Santonio's numbers increased during the "transition". He also had to adjust to two different QB's.

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Santonio Holmes also had to adjust to a couple different offensive coordinators. His OC became the HC at Cincinnati (Bearcats, not Bungals). By the by, Santonio's numbers increased during the "transition". He also had to adjust to two different QB's.if we had passed on l. white for jackson or moss i wouldve been pissed. not with holmes though. the hubhub about holmes missing ota's and a little disorderly conduct (being black on a friday night) is much ado about nothing. holmes was the right pick and can very well develop into a top 5-10 wr in the next 3 years..

clevestinks
05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Well it would appear they haven't, unless you call getting arrested 'under control'.

We all have different standards I guess...
NM
We all know that the Steelers Standards are some of the highest, whether or not your a Steelers fan, you have to applaud the Rooneys for setting such standards. As for Holmes getting arrested there is nothing the Steelers could do about that, but if the charges stick I`m not so sure that he will have a long career in the burgh. I would love to think that it was just wrong place wrong time, but I`m not defending him or his actions. I`ve seen everything in nightclubs, and have been involved in some fights many moons ago, but never got arrested. I hope this is an eyeopener for him, I know it doesn`t help his contract talks

SteelerMurf
05-28-2006, 09:00 PM
We all know that the Steelers Standards are some of the highest, whether or not your a Steelers fan, you have to applaud the Rooneys for setting such standards. As for Holmes getting arrested there is nothing the Steelers could do about that, but if the charges stick I`m not so sure that he will have a long career in the burgh. I would love to think that it was just wrong place wrong time, but I`m not defending him or his actions. I`ve seen everything in nightclubs, and have been involved in some fights many moons ago, but never got arrested. I hope this is an eyeopener for him, I know it doesn`t help his contract talks

Even if the charges stick, it is nothing serious enough to not make him last in the burgh. He was a jerk to a cop. He wasn't drunk, didn't have a gun, didn't have drugs, didn't hit the cop. He swore at a cop.

South Beach cops are coming down hard, they have arrested over 557 people since Thursday.

Heck, Marvel Smith was caught with Pot in college and again when he was a Steeler a couple years back. He was resigned without a second thought.

SteelCityMan786
05-28-2006, 09:09 PM
This is a bunch of bullshit. Santonio did absolutely nothing.

Livinginthe past
05-28-2006, 09:11 PM

Hey Cleve,

you know that you and I are on the same page when it comes to the Steelers organisation in general!

Im sure someone will have a word with him if he needs it - as you say its real easy to get into trouble in nightclubs and bars - me and some friends got thrown out of a bar in LA during a short stay and I know all about their 'zero tolerance' policy.

NM

Steel Pit
05-29-2006, 05:05 AM
I don't believe that Holmes was arrested simply for being a jerk towards a police officer. It was reported that he was initially interrupting the flow of vehicular traffic. Somebody had to do something about it and it was the obligation of the police officer to act upon it. When the officer told him to get out of the road, Holmes reportedly became a jerk. If a police officer pulled me over and told me to slow down and I, in turn, began acting like a jerk, then I would expect to get a ticket. The officer may not have had any intentions on arresting Holmes but Holmes and his big mouth convinced the officer that the arrest was warranted and necessary. Factor in his mother who seemingly lied about Holmes' whereabouts on the night in question and I would have say that this incident isn't passing the smell test and I'm not smelling pig if you know what I mean.

We can downplay this as a minor little Disorderly conduct arrest but the bigger picture tells me that Holmes may have a problem with taking orders from authority figures. Ummm, I'm sorry to tell you this Mr. Holmes but you will be receiving plenty of orders from authoritative coaches when football camp begins. I hope that he learns something from all of this.:dang: :busted:

3 to be 4
05-29-2006, 07:16 AM
i dunno. i think this indicates that the Steelers are going to regret this draft choices for many, many years to come. Who are they going to get to replace Holmes when he goes to prison?

tony hipchest
05-29-2006, 09:36 AM
i dunno. i think this indicates that the Steelers are going to regret this draft choices for many, many years to come. Who are they going to get to replace Holmes when he goes to prison?

hardwork? is that you?

3 to be 4
05-29-2006, 09:39 AM
first Bettis retires. Now this. tsk tsk tsk. one disaster after another. MAN!

clevestinks
05-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I just hope this isn`t another trouble Ohio State Wr. Glenn, Galloway, Boston, Carter. etc. This guys had drug problems law problem, we really don`t need this. I hope its just a young guy out having a good time, and wrong place wrong time

3 to be 4
05-29-2006, 09:45 AM
it may be a long term psychosis. If he goes to prison, who makes up for the loss of Randel El? oooooooooooh.

clevestinks
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
it may be a long term psychosis. If he goes to prison, who makes up for the loss of Randel El? oooooooooooh.
IF??? I would think these charges are a misdemeanor at most! Its bad enough but lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill

3 to be 4
05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
IF??? I would think these charges are a misdemeanor at most! Its bad enough but lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill

thats what they said about Phoebe Cates.

Busforever
05-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Why almost every time there's something like that, the player involved is a WR?:banging:

clevestinks
05-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Why almost every time there's something like that, the player involved is a WR?:banging:
Not sure? Other than they are some big dollar players at a big dollar position! I am really disappointed though!

3 to be 4
05-30-2006, 05:41 AM
maybe they can bring in Terry Glenn to counsel him.

clevestinks
05-30-2006, 05:48 AM
After reading this.....

... South Beach hotel at approximately 3:30 a.m. Saturday. He was released from jail after signing a promissory note that he will appear in court when he is subpoened.
A wide reciver chosen out of Ohio State with the 25th pick of last April's draft, Holmes left Pittsburgh Steelers minicamp because of an NFL rule that prohibits players from practicing before they or their class graduates. It's a rule designed to help colleges improve their graduation rates.

Holmes said he was in Florida visiting two of his children. According to the police report, Holmes was observed walking in the middle of Collins Avenue in South Beach. When traffic became disrupted and stopped, a policeman told Holmes to "get out of the street." According to the report Holmes "said several offensive words" to the officer and was arrested.

I hate to say it, but he seems like a punk! Please say it isn`t so but, when the police tell you to get out of the street, then GET OUT OF THE STREET! Bottom line! Holding up traffic? It may seem minor, but is this the punk we really wanted? Is this PlaxII

GoFor6
05-30-2006, 10:53 AM
This is going to cost him in his pocketbook. I was thinking he was going to get $5m signing bonus this year. I bet the Rooney's take it to $3m and slide most of it to a 2007 roster bonus to see if he can clean up his act.

Drinking is one thing, but be disrespectful to law enforcement is an entirely different issue.

I bet his mom is going to kick his ass when she finally learns he was in town and didn't stop by to see her. My understanding is that she told reporters he was in Ohio. Santonio you are going to get ass wumpin from mama - and its going to hurt.

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm kind of shocked to see how quickly everyone here has turned on him...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_455766.html

"I wasn't trying to cause a problem," said Holmes, a native of Hollywood, Fla., who said he was in town to visit with his children, Santonio III and Nicori. "I'm upset about this."

BB2W
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I haven't turned on him and I can't wait to see him play. I've had a DC before, and a public intox... that doesn't make me a criminal or a bad person. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time... no big deal.

SteelerFanInCA
05-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Definitely much ado about nothing. Whatever. When he starts stabbing people then I'll start to worry.

shimmysteelerfan
05-30-2006, 12:36 PM
i think the dolphins paid the police to arrest him, there nervous about week one baby!

Livinginthe past
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Anyone know why he was even walking in the street in the first place?

Was he drunk or high?

Its a misdemeanor for sure, but like Clevestinks says its an indicator that he has a punk attitude, and a lack of respect for authority figures.

Is he the only rookie out of 256 to get into trouble with the law since the draft?

NM

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 01:27 PM
he was sober and it would be like arresting people in the street at mardi gras

Livinginthe past
05-30-2006, 01:31 PM
he was sober and it would be like arresting people in the street at mardi gras

So he was verbally abusive to a policeman whilst sober?

I have to say, I dont know if thats better or worse.

Back chatting a police officer shows a lack of intelligence - sure you might be completely in the right - but is the officer going to be convinced by your clever counter argument?

I doubt it.

Im sure things will get sorted out in TC - will be interesting to see if the Steelers do decide to punish him for stepping out of line so soon after being drafted.

NM

dawson36
05-30-2006, 02:16 PM
ehh im not worried at all.. its just one mess up as soon as he light something on fire or something like that then i guess we can get worried but honestly I AM PUMPED TO SEE HIM AT WORK!! hes gunna bring good prospect to our team

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 03:15 PM
will be interesting to see if the Steelers do decide to punish him for stepping out of line so soon after being drafted.

NM

like what? give him a spanking? its his word against the cops. im not worried and the high public humiliation hes going through will probably do the trick. im sure cowher will scowl at him when they 1st see eachother again but thats about it.

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree TH. First offense and a very minor one at that. Cowher and Co. will have a talk with him to make sure it's his last and this will be forgotten about by mid-October.

Livinginthe past
05-30-2006, 04:24 PM
like what? give him a spanking? its his word against the cops. im not worried and the high public humiliation hes going through will probably do the trick. im sure cowher will scowl at him when they 1st see eachother again but thats about it.

Well I dont know..is spanking a typical punishment for Cowher to dish out?

Im thinking it would look a little awkward with him bent over the coaches knees like that - then again maybe this is what Pepsico Burden needed all those years ago to get him in line.

In itself this incident doesnt rank too highly - as long as it doesnt become part of a pattern....becasue then you have got a guy with a questionable character..or someone who just flat out likes to be spanked by his coach.

NM

nwksteeler
05-30-2006, 06:30 PM
It doesn't take much to get a disorderly person, I have gotten charged for it simply trying to explain that you have the wrong guy. There may be a logical explanation. He is a kid let him enjoy himself.

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm trying to figure out which one fits precisely for this particular cycle...

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/blowhard.htm
Blowhard is always applicable
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/artfuldodger.htm
Diversion
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/crybaby.htm
I've seen plenty of whining, too
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/enfantprovocateur.htm
Some elements of this
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm
Certainly an element of stubborness
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/jerk.htm
Jerk? Please...
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/pinko.htm
BINGO!
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm
And this is where it all started

Yeah, our resident interloper is a complicated and many-faceted "buttinsky", but he's almost sort of become a "lovable loser".

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 06:47 PM
He is a kid let him enjoy himself. i agree. its kinda like ragging on leinart for trying to get a skanky but very rich and famous (and to some people fine) piece of ass. holmes just needs to be prepared to grow up quickly as he embarks on his career as a steeler. im sure he will. all this hubub for a jaywalking incident and what may be nothing more than mumbling under ones breath.

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Matt Leinert could have ANY chick...why take the LOW road, and when I say LOW, I mean LOOOOOOW road. Hell, his fellow players and coaches have castigated him for his ridiculous relationship, and almost driven him to tears.

Incidentally, being driven to tears because people wiser than you tell you you are dating a skank who's using you for free pub makes me think the guy might lack the requisite mental toughness to play QB in the NFL.

Santonio4
05-31-2006, 07:44 AM
O Well

clevestinks
05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Will Santonios new number be 41527145 MB Jail ???????

83-Steelers-43
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I think his number will be #10 and this petty misdemeanor will be long forgotten by opening day. Just my guess.....

ARKIESTEEL
05-31-2006, 04:36 PM
When i was his age they kept a room ready for me at the county jail. On the other hand i didnt have a million bucks but they still gave me first class service at the washington county jail

CantStop85
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
When i was his age they kept a room ready for me at the county jail. On the other hand i didnt have a million bucks but they still gave me first class service at the washington county jail
I'm sure you're very proud.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Will Santonios new number be 41527145 MB Jail ???????

Damn, dude, you really have it in for this kid...why?

Ambridge
06-01-2006, 01:51 AM
I think his number will be #10 and this petty misdemeanor will be long forgotten by opening day. Just my guess.....

First Holmes gets the DC and then he gets #10 that is still radiating the toxic fumes of Kordell Stewart???

Santonio is doomed.

Suitanim
06-01-2006, 10:45 AM
More info has come out on this matter. I don't have a link, but here is an article...the important bits are highlighted in red:

By Joe Bendel - Tribune-Review

As a talented wide receiver, Santonio Holmes knows the importance of timing.

But the Steelers' first-round draft pick found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time early Saturday morning in Miami Beach, Fla., during Urban Beach Week, a 17-block annual extravaganza celebrating hip-hop music.

Holmes was one of 563 event-goers arrested over the Memorial Day weekend. He was arrested and charged with second-degree misdemeanor disorderly conduct for obstructing traffic while walking in the street and failing to obey the command of a police officer.

The maximum penalty for a second-degree misdemeanor is 60 days in jail, though Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said Holmes isn't likely to receive such a harsh punishment.

"I've never heard of that, a first-time offender getting 60 days," Hernandez said of Holmes, who had a disorderly conduct charge dismissed his freshman year at Ohio State.

A fine or probation, at most, is more realistic, Hernandez said, adding that on many other weekends Holmes might not have been arrested. Police are extra vigilant at the Urban Beach event, the largest gathering of the year at Miami Beach.
"This is a minor charge; this is nothing," Hernandez said. "It means more to the celebrity, the sports star, the actor, than to the average Joe. To the average Joe, this is nothing. The ramifications aren't that great. But for a celebrity, there are more ramifications (due to publicity). Different things can happen negatively to you."
The Steelers organization did not offer a statement Tuesday regarding Holmes' arrest.

Hernandez said 600 police officers, a portion of them in plainclothes, were deployed at the Urban Beach event. Since 2001, when unruly behavior highlighted the Memorial Day event, Miami Beach police began cracking down.

"It's like our Mardi Gras," Hernandez said.

Because the event draws so many people, police officers are instructed to quickly arrest anyone causing problems.

"On this weekend, there is a low tolerance for shenanigans," said Hernandez, who pointed out that most of those arrested were charged with disorderly conduct and intoxication. "If you pick a weekend to be disorderly, this wasn't the weekend. We can't afford it."

Holmes, whom the Steelers traded up for in the first round of April's draft, was arrested and taken to jail at 3:30 a.m. Saturday. He was released from jail after signing a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned.

A date for the arraignment has not been set, and it could take several weeks, according to Ed Griffith of the state attorney's office in Florida. Holmes would not have to physically appear at the arraignment -- an attorney could represent him -- if he pleads not guilty. He would have to be present if the case went to trial.

Oftentimes, a plea bargain can be reached, and the defendant could be ordered to pay a fine. If that were to occur, Holmes could have the issue handled by an attorney. It would guarantee that he would not miss any portion of Steelers training camp, which opens July 28 in Latrobe.

Holmes told the Tribune-Review on Saturday that he was walking in the street to avoid a gathering of people, and, that he was arrested after questioning why the police officer was using a strong tone with him to get off the street.

"I wasn't trying to cause a problem," Holmes told the Trib. "I'm upset about this."

Holmes, 22, who left Ohio State after his junior year, was one of three professional athletes to be arrested during the Urban Beach event in Miami Beach this past weekend. Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas and teammate Awvee Storey were the others.

Storey, similar to Holmes, according to reports, was blocking traffic in the middle of a busy street when an officer told him to get back to the sidewalk Saturday night. Storey did not obey the command and was arrested. According to reports, Arenas was told to get back into his vehicle, but he refused, saying he wanted to stand next to his teammate. Arenas was then taken into custody and charged with resisting arrest without violence.

The difference between Holmes and Arenas, according to Hernandez, is that Holmes was "humble" and "apologetic" after being arrested, while Arenas, according to reports, said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."

The Wizards players were taken to jail for processing. Holmes signed the promissory note and was released.

There is not even any smoke here, let alone a fire. Time to let this tiny blip of a matter go, people....

83-Steelers-43
06-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey, at least he isn't involved in theft.....showing a gun and reefer.

Suitanim
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
"This is a minor charge...this is nothing"

That's what I said, and now the cops are saying it too...

SteelShooter
06-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Wrong Place at the Wrong time. It'll disappear............

3 to be 4
06-01-2006, 10:27 PM
one time i was at a bachelor party at the Compass Lounge in S.Yarmouth (Cape Cod).
we got so blasted that at the end of it we couldnt find our car. we were frantic and called the cops. While they were questioning everybody suddenly i remebered "Oh Shit, we didnt take the car! We all loaded into the truck, remember?"
the cops werent very happy.

HburgXL06
06-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Holmes was arrested for "LWB" (Living While Black). It's similar to "DWB" (Driving While Black). Cops are known to exploit rights and exaggerate stories to make a case. Holmes may have jaywalked and didn't expect an oncoming car to accelerate so fast towards him. If the cop "politely" yelled at him to get out of the street (how much you wanna bet the cop wasn't so "polite") and maybe at first Holmes replied ("I'm tryin to get out of the damn street") and then the cop became an assh*le and shit went downhill. Someone mentioned NWA a lil while back....I'll clear up any misunderstandin and say it. F*CK THE POLICE!

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
06-02-2006, 08:04 AM
"Police are extra vigilant at the Urban Beach event, the largest gathering of the year at Miami Beach."

In an event that large in scale, that's the way it should be.

Suitanim
06-02-2006, 08:32 AM
one time i was at a bachelor party at the Compass Lounge in S.Yarmouth (Cape Cod).
we got so blasted that at the end of it we couldnt find our car. we were frantic and called the cops. While they were questioning everybody suddenly i remebered "Oh Shit, we didnt take the car! We all loaded into the truck, remember?"
the cops werent very happy.

You, sir, are clearly a punk thug, and should be locked away from the same society that you are clearly such a menace to...

tony hipchest
06-02-2006, 08:34 AM
You, sir, are clearly a punk thug, and should be locked away from the same society that you are clearly such a menace to......either that or he should be drafted by the bengals (who clearly suck).

Suitanim
06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Nah...he's not nearly violent or unstable enough to make their draft board...