PDA

View Full Version : Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is?

3rdandlong
08-10-2011, 11:58 AM
The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.

Fire Arians
08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
the experts don't watch the team as closely as we do. I think we're more qualified to call ourselves experts on the steelers than they are

thumper
08-10-2011, 02:32 PM
the experts don't watch the team as closely as we do. I think we're more qualified to call ourselves experts on the steelers than they are

:thumbsup:

austinfrench76
08-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Absolutely correct about the experts! We know our team, they are asked to know every team. It's funny how alot of these guys say things that make you scratch your balls, er, your head.. Redzone could be big for us this year WITH Mendenhall playing!

steeltheone
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.
I like Redman, he is a lunchpail type runner...I've seen nothing to suggest he is anything more than a backup though...

Steelersfan87
08-10-2011, 04:38 PM
I think the preseason games will determine how big of a role Redman will serve this season. I expect that he will see more playing time, however.

INOX
08-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I think Redman is going to end up with significant production in 2011. I have a bad feeling about Rashard.

rich4eagle
08-11-2011, 01:10 AM

I think Redman is a solid back and good replacement for an injured Mendenhall and a good spot player and late game player :tt03:

pete74
08-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Redmans ypc was higher then Mendenhalls. i think you can take Mendy out and give Redman 300 carries this season and we will run for just as many if not more yards

truesteelerfan
08-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Do I like Redman...sure I do...He's a Steeler! But I'm not going to claim I know more than anybody else...I've seen his play, and I'm glad he's on our team...but I don't think he's better than Mendy....decent back up, and I hope he gets a lot of carries this year to save some wear off Mendy, but he's not a HOF back in waiting IMO...if I'm wrong, I'm wrong...but something in the thousands of plays he's run in practice must have shown the coaches something that in the dozens of plays we've missed out on. If he stays under the radar, maybe we can resign him for less money?

ebsteelers
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
maybe he sleeps in meetings?

idk good player non to less, helped us beat the rats

kirklandrules
08-11-2011, 03:23 PM
I agree with truesteelerfan. Redman is a good change of pace back ... I would bring him in on more short yardage, some goal line attempts, and late game situations. But I don't think he has the potential to, at any moment, turn a running play into a 50+ TD like Mendy does. In the second half of the season, Mendy was really starting to show awesome vision and brains in how he attacked the defense. So, in the 4th quarter, when the opposing D is tired of chasing Mendy, I'd throw in Redman to pound it right at them.

ben2hines=6
08-11-2011, 08:15 PM
redman is a beast with the ball in his hands. Reminds me a lot of torrain from the skins.

rick723
08-13-2011, 12:19 AM

When we released him last year/ maybe the year before, I thought he would be snatched up. I hope we do not try to sneak him through waivers again

Fire Arians
08-13-2011, 12:20 AM
When we released him last year/ maybe the year before, I thought he would be snatched up. I hope we do not try to sneak him through waivers again

won't happen. i think he's already established himself as our #2 back. especially with baron batch going to IR most likely

ricksteelers55
08-13-2011, 04:42 AM
I think we'd cut Moore way before Redman....he's a better blocker,better in short yardage,younger and cheaper...the only edge that Moore has over Redman is the passing game abilities

Whodis
08-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Did they even dress Redman last year? I thought the dumb ass OC had Dwyer ahead of him when the others went down?

M Moore to Arians is like me having an ex-girlfiends # in my phone on a Saturday night and I'm drunk.

3rdandlong
08-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Redman was one of the lone bright spots last night, proving this guy can play. I like him more than Mendenhall

ricksteelers55
08-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Redman was one of the lone bright spots last night, proving this guy can play. I like him more than Mendenhall

Hahaha me too...yes Mendenhall has more skills and upside but Redman is tougher and can actually keep the ball in his hands

theplatypus
08-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Hahaha me too...yes Mendenhall has more skills and upside but Redman is tougher and can actually keep the ball in his hands

oh my lord

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Didn't Mendenhall actually have one of the better number of carries to fumbles ratios in the league last year? Adrian Peterson, now THERE is a running back with a fumbling problem.

theplatypus
08-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Didn't Mendenhall actually have one of the better number of carries to fumbles ratios in the league last year? Adrian Peterson, now THERE is a running back with a fumbling problem.

He's had something like 5 in his career.

Steelersfan87
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Did they even dress Redman last year? I thought the dumb ass OC had Dwyer ahead of him when the others went down?

M Moore to Arians is like me having an ex-girlfiends # in my phone on a Saturday night and I'm drunk.

Did you even watch the Steelers last year?

Phillykeith
08-14-2011, 12:31 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - get rid of Mewelde Moore and give Red Zone a chance. I even hate seeing Mendenhall getting the ball near the goal line...