PDA

View Full Version : 7 players out of first pre season game

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
TE Bright, ILB Harvey, G Kemoeatu, WR Mims, WR Sanders, CB Allen and CB McFadden.
“All others have a possibility of playing, some greater than others,” . “But those seven are the guys we’ve identified as not being able to participate in this game.” Mike Tomlin.

I guess that means Lewis takes 2nd cb spot, i hope hes ready for the task and to prove he can be the 2nd cb :tt02:

Rick5895
08-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I was hoping Harvey could play . But better opportunity for others to show if they have "it" or not

MDSteel15
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Bright? Mims? Who the heck :doh:

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Bright? Mims? Who the heck :doh:

yea,TE Eugene Bright and WR Adam Mims

Fire Arians
08-10-2011, 02:32 PM
golden opportunity for lewis here. hope he doesn't 'stink it up'

3rdandlong
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
TE Bright, ILB Harvey, G Kemoeatu, WR Mims, WR Sanders, CB Allen and CB McFadden.
“All others have a possibility of playing, some greater than others,” . “But those seven are the guys we’ve identified as not being able to participate in this game.” Mike Tomlin.

I guess that means Lewis takes 2nd cb spot, i hope hes ready for the task and to prove he can be the 2nd cb :tt02:

Lewis could see a lot of playing time Friday, but I'm not going to be overly elated if he performs well against Redskins QB John Beck. They probably have the worst situation at QB.

Steelersfan87
08-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I would imagine that Gay gets the start, but Tomlin said the starters will only play 10 plays or less, so Lewis should see a lot of time.

Wallace17
08-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Mims just got cut picked up kenneth moore. whoever that is.

pancake
08-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I was hoping to see Harvey play. My dad is a season ticket holder at Marshall and he said he is a tackling machine.

pete74
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
i would add chris scott to that list. i see him taking fosters job

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Mims just got cut picked up kenneth moore. whoever that is.

yea i got that text alert right as i went into work. so they cut a nobody for a nobody lol:blah:

Steelboy84
08-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I can't seem to find the game channel. Is it coming on or do we have to wait for the NFL N replay?

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 10:39 PM
I can't seem to find the game channel. Is it coming on or do we have to wait for the NFL N replay?

remember the game isn't until friday. The rest of this is off memory so it may not be exaxctly right: i believe 7:30pm and being aired here (south central pa) on cbs

DanRooney
08-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to seeing Cameron Heyward and (hold your laughter) Sweed.

ebsteelers
08-11-2011, 09:11 AM
why is harvey out?

Steel Peon
08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
As long as this is not an indication of the season to come, then I could barely care less. I'd rather not unleash what's going to be an offensive juggernaut this year, as long as the o-line doesn't completely fold, until it really matters. Most other teams should already suspect the Steelers will be highly potent offensively, but we shouldn't expose what few surprises we have to anyone anytime soon.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to seeing..............(hold your laughter) Sweed.
Too late! LOL! No really, I have a friend who feels the same exact way about him, and I'd like nothing more than for him to score one long TD after another. However, as much as I respect his speed and ability to get WIDE FREAKING OPEN, he seems to lack the ability to consistently catch the football in an NFL environment......a skill that could arguably be the most important for a WR. I honestly hope that everything we've seen so far has just been a fluke, and is in the past.......I'm not optimistic though.