PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Grisham

StainlessStill
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I loved this kid last season. I know we'll get the usual 'Wes Welker' position when it comes to his small stature, but I'm very excited to see if he can make a leap this pre-season, especially our concern at wideout.

I think with the emergence of Wallace and Brown as our deep threats and Sanders and Ward as our possession receivers, the only thing we are missing is a shifty guy in the slot to create a mis-match on a backer and create YAC. Grisham could be a gem in all of this. I'll be watching #19 out there any chance I get.

Anyone else have an eye on youngsters in the pre-season? I loved watching Stevenson Sylvester play last season, the dude was all over the place like a ball-hawk. A potential replacement for Farrior.

Also, our depth at running back. We'll see more of Redman, Moore and that kid that's making noise, Baron Batch. Also, Ziggy and Heyward on the line. Going to be exciting to see these young guys fighting for position.

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM
oh yeah i loved tyler grisham last year and appearntly he is working hard in camp this year and excelld in the 2 minute drill with ben finding him open for a td

stiller39
08-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Out coaches and scouts continue to do a great job finding players that can play despite what all the nay sayers say about out lack of participation in free agency. Building from within works and giving the guys who want to play a chance is crucial to finding the diamonds in the rough... something the stillers have a real nack for.

pancake
08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I am hoping Sweed beats him out.

thumper
08-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't know; he makes up for being short with being slow. Kind of like our CBs.

fer522
08-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I am hoping Sweed beats him out.

that was funny :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

vasteeler
08-11-2011, 11:29 AM
i started the exact same thread in another forum. i like this kid, i thought he did well in his few opportunities last year. in camp this year he has caught touchdowns of 60 and 36 yard with the first team. i know its only camp but i feel he is going to be a good one:tt03:

Wallace17
08-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Love this kid and hope he makes the team!

DanRooney
08-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Grisham would be awesome if Hines Ward would finally retire. We don't need a team of 5 slot receivers and Wallace.

Steelersfan87
08-11-2011, 04:56 PM
What makes you think Grisham wouldn't be a slot receiver?

Wallace17
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
would deff take him over cotchery!

55BaileyFan
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Sweed will not beat him out, Grisham is a beast...love this kid.

rheddpanda
08-11-2011, 07:16 PM
i wanna see what Antonio Brown is gonna do this year. he had a late start last year & from what i"m hearing, he's doing really well in camp.

rheddpanda
08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
grisham reminds me of a sean morey type

kirklandrules
08-12-2011, 10:41 AM

It would be awesome for our special teams if he was a Sean Morey. I think Grisham is a better receiver than Morey, but we can only hope he's close to being the special teams player Morey was. That guy was a heat seeker!

DanRooney
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
What makes you think Grisham wouldn't be a slot receiver?

Everything? He's a midget and undersized. Probably slow straight line speed and has nothing to offer but quickness off the line. He's looks scrappy as well.

Where else can he play? Can you imagine the white boy lining up wide opposite of Wallace?

Kingmagyar
08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Tyler Grisham is EXACTLY LIKE WES WELKER. Except he is not as fast, not as elusive, has no punt return skills, does not have 538 career receptions, is not a multiple pro-bowler, and has not played in over a 100 NFL games. Other then that, he is EXACTLY LIKE WES WELKER.

Tyler Grisham is a great kid but he's not even in Cotchery's league when it comes to being a NFL receiver.

55BaileyFan
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Biggest difference is that Grisham can catch the ball though...Morey never could, he had really poor hands. Grisham is tough as hell too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRameAFMXCk

Steelersfan87
08-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Everything? He's a midget and undersized. Probably slow straight line speed and has nothing to offer but quickness off the line. He's looks scrappy as well.

Where else can he play? Can you imagine the white boy lining up wide opposite of Wallace?

Maybe you read my question wrong. I asked you what made you think Grisham would not be a slot receiver, and you just described a slot receiver. Your previous comment made it sound like you thought otherwise, which is why I asked.

Fire Arians
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
would deff take him over cotchery!

i don't know about that. grisham's only upside is he's got great work ethic, but lacks the physical tools for the next level