PDA

View Full Version : How much would you give Hines Ward ?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2005, 03:14 PM
7 years 47 million..

10 million up front in a signing bonus; and base salaries each year of 2 million, 3, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7, 9 ....and if he falters, gets a few injuries or whatever the case may be , you've saved ur self 16 million of his money but releasing him before the final 2 years of his contract, thus only paying him 31 million.. very reasonalbe.. IMO ..obviously we dont want him going anywhere, and to retire a Steeler, but this way, it gives them some stop gap, just to CYA.

clevestinks
05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
$42,000,000

$12 million up front, then six years at 3.5, 4, 4.5,,5.5,6, 6.5 six years!

hardwork
05-15-2005, 09:15 PM
8 boxes of tissues. HypoAllergenic, 3 ply

One the first year, with a monogramed, New England Patriots, handkerchief as a bonus

Two the second year

One each over the next 5 years

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I thought that was the offer you gave to ty law! :blah:

BB2W
05-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Blitz, I think that contract would be fair.......It is a little more than you would like to pay for Ward, but it is hard to put a dollar value on what he brings to the table.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
8 boxes of tissues. HypoAllergenic, 3 ply

One the first year, with a monogramed, New England Patriots, handkerchief as a bonus

Two the second year

One each over the next 5 years

Save the tissues for Brady when he's crying because the Steelers are in the Super Bowl and not his Gaytriots.

clevestinks
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Hardwork isn`t fooling me, he would give up half his offense for a player like Hines Ward. Who wouldn`t

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Right on cleve... Everybody in the league knows Hines is one of the best in the business.. PERIOD.. You can easily and most definately should, but his name w/ the likes of Harrison, Owens, Holt, etc.

Its definately alot of money, but the old adage rings so true now more than ever, if we dont pay him what he wants, someone else will, and Hines is not a guy this team can afford to lose. EVER!

ironcitychef
05-17-2005, 11:21 AM
2 million, 3, 4.5, 5.5, 6, 7, 9 .3.5, 4, 4.5,,5.5,6, 6.5

I'm not sure about total numbers(not my gig) but I'd rather do a bell shaped progression cause of all the FA we will have in 2006 and 2007 so like 3.5, 5.5, 6, 5.0, or whatever. I hate to see numbers going up as the years progress.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-17-2005, 02:59 PM
unfortunatley in this day and age w/ free agency and injuries to players, its almost hard to not backload contracts to some degree..because it's a fail safe for the team.. if the player plays up to his contract, stays healthy and produces year in and year out, you're gonna renegoiate his deal b/4 its over anyways,..and if he doesnt, then u release him. :)

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Blitz, I think that contract would be fair.......It is a little more than you would like to pay for Ward, but it is hard to put a dollar value on what he brings to the table.

Blitz...I agree with your contractand I think BB2W said it best. He has brought so much to this team, I couln't imagine him anywhere else!!!

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
there is not a more valuable WR than Hines Ward. Players with more speed, Yes. Better Hands, Yes. Better rout runner, yes. But Hines is one of the best in all these plus so much more. He is the best blocker in the league . Bar none.

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Hines is the best all round reciever in the league, and i want to keep him no matter what. He can do it all. Wouldn`t trade him for any receiver.

Prosdo
05-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Hines is the best all round reciever in the league, and i want to keep him no matter what. He can do it all. Wouldn`t trade him for any receiver.

I wouldn't trade Hines for any receiver also. Not only is he the best all around skill wise, but on top of that he is one of the classiest guys around. He definately has a passion for the game, his team, and teammates. Also he is great with the fans and media from what I've seen.

STEEL-MAN
05-19-2005, 01:33 PM
I love the guy, with that said "not the farm" it has to be within what is reasonable. I hope the team comes first here too, for the Steelers to over pay him would be a mistake. Next year some other good players need signed as well.

clevestinks
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I`m not so sure if everyone is aware how lucky we our, to have players like Hines, and the Bus. These guys are team players, its a shame but there aren`t a whole lot of players around like that anymore.