PDA

View Full Version : Batch carted off the field

theplatypus
08-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I really wanted this kid to succeed, hope it isn't serious.

Uh oh. Baron Batch pulls up after run and waves over trainer

This doesn't look good. Polamalu gives him sympathetic pat on shoulder pads b4 Batch carted off field.

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottBrown_Trib

Fire Arians
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
son of a bitch

Farrior_roirraW
08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
son of a bitch

F.uck

pancake
08-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Hoping for the best.

fer522
08-10-2011, 06:24 PM
son of a Batch

Hirsch
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
That sucks , I was really pulling for him to make the team and do a great job for the team. Hope its not too bad.

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 06:59 PM
i got the text alert while i was at work, and let out a huge nooooooooooo! co workers thought i was crazy haha
i hope the best for this kid i was expecting a lot from him. hes tough and will be back. :tt03:

fer522
08-10-2011, 07:14 PM
any updates yet

Atlanta Dan
08-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Uh-oh:banging:

@gerrydulacGerry Dulac

Team source says baron batch's knee injury "looks bad."

http://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac/status/101468875950002176

JCPsteelers
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
crap,. this sucks. hopefully he'll be put on IR and come back strong next year.

Steelersfan87
08-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Early reports indicate that he probably won't play this year. Sucks, but shit happens. Hopefully we see him next year back at 100%. He's dealt with serious injuries before. I guess this means Dwyer gets a get out of jail free card this year.

MasterOfPuppets
08-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Early reports indicate that he probably won't play this year. Sucks, but shit happens. Hopefully we see him next year back at 100%. He's dealt with serious injuries before. I guess this means Dwyer gets a get out of jail free card this year.
dwyer will be in the first round of cuts.

Steelersfan87
08-10-2011, 10:50 PM
I'd be willing to make a wager on it. With Batch out for the season, Dwyer will likely make the 53 man roster by default. He has already lost a lot of weight in camp and is starting to show explosiveness like he did last year anyway.

JCPsteelers
08-11-2011, 01:26 AM
here's his blog today. He confirmed he tore his ACL

Detour

The funny thing about all roads is that at some point they all have potholes, speed bumps and detours. However, the durability of your vehicle is what allows you to reach your destination regardless of your traveling conditions.

Friday I was supposed to play my first NFL game. That won’t happen. Today I tore my ACL. I’m not sure why I’m writing about this right now except for the fact that God put it on my heart to do so. I probably should be devastated at the fact I wont play my rookie season but… I’m not. After my season ending injury my freshman year of college I promised myself that I would never ask God “why?” again and I’m not about to start now. It’s during the tough times that we are able to grow. I’m excited to hit another growth spurt.

I’ve never been so close to something and then have it pulled away. I felt like my NFL career was within grasp, I could feel it on my fingertips only to have it pulled away and postponed. As I was being carted off the field today I could clearly hear my mothers voice whispering, “Have faith son, have faith.”

Faith is something that I will once again have to lean on more than ever as I begin the rehab process. It won’t be easy by any means but rarely is that the case with life. One thing I can assure everyone is this.
God will get glory from this and I am more than happy to be his instrument. By no means did I see this happening to me or could have possibly planned for something like this. However, I have learned time and time again that if my plans and Gods plans stayed in sync I would never be challenged to grow because I would not willingly put myself in tough situations such as this. Trying to understand Gods plan will bring insanity, trusting it brings peace.

I’m excited to see how this will be used.

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/

BlockMonsta
08-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Thats to bad, hope for quick healing!

zsheik22
08-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Ugh... so sad.

From what we know of him so far and after reading that, it seems that guys like him are exactly the kind of people you want on your team.

cloppbeast
08-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Our seventh round pick gets injured. It could be worse.

He seems like a really nice kid though. Tough break for him. Hopefully he'll come back strong next year.

ebsteelers
08-11-2011, 09:01 AM
dang... wish him well

Wallace17
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
sucks heard its a torn ACL.

Wallabeast17
08-11-2011, 12:10 PM
he does have some things going in his favor.

the coaches liked him
hes still young and has gone through a season ending injury his freshman year in college so he knows how to handle this and hes tough
he will be back...

Fire Arians
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
sucks heard its a torn ACL.

yep that's been confirmed. really crappy news.

hope the best for him and he bounces back next season.

thumper
08-11-2011, 01:15 PM
That blows @SS

thumper
08-11-2011, 01:18 PM
I'd be willing to make a wager on it. With Batch out for the season, Dwyer will likely make the 53 man roster by default. He has already lost a lot of weight in camp and is starting to show explosiveness like he did last year anyway.

Booowwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's exactly what I wanted
to hear. If camp slams the weight off, with BB being out, he might just
make it and end up productive. He _has_ the skill. Just must be lazy.
But with a watchful eye on him in camp, he could lean out and be
the back he is capable of being.

Kingmagyar
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I was up at Latrobe the day it happened. He was having such a good day. He made a great catch out of the backfield with a guy draped all over him, and I looked over to Tomlin and he smiled and started talking to one of the coaches next to him. I could tell he was real pleased with Batch. Batch also was practicing returning kickoffs. There was about 5 minutes left in a practice that was going into it's 3rd hour when it happened. He was my favorite rookie.