PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon

pancake
08-10-2011, 07:07 PM
If he plays well this preseason, would Steelers trade him? Or do we cut batch and keep Dixon just for this season. ( I think he would try to move on after the season.

Miami and Washington might be interested if he shows enough.

thumper
08-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I don't know. If he shows much, I'd want to keep him. After Ben
we'd have Lefty and Batch. Batch is only good for 1-2 games before
he goes down. Lefty kind of sucks. Giant windmill with a windup that
can be timed with an hour glass. We still are contenders. What if
NYG had traded Hostetler in 1990? If Dixon shows any promise, I
say keep him.

fer522
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
i'd say trade him (maybe for a second round pick)
we know he doesn't wanna be a back up so
might as well get something for him

MACH1
08-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Trade him!

He's been here long enough and shows little to no improvement from year to year.

steelerchad
08-10-2011, 07:40 PM
we know he doesn't wanna be a back up so
might as well get something for him

a second round pick? There isn't a team in the league stupid enough to give us more than a 6th for him. I doubt we would get any takers at all. He's shown pretty much nothing so far. There is no reason to believe he could ever be a starting QB in this league.

Wallabeast17
08-10-2011, 08:05 PM
a second round pick? There isn't a team in the league stupid enough to give us more than a 6th for him. I doubt we would get any takers at all. He's shown pretty much nothing so far. There is no reason to believe he could ever be a starting QB in this league.

the same could be said about beck down in d.c.. he is a no name qb that the security didn't even know who he was but look he is their starter:wink02:

thumper
08-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Trade him!

He's been here long enough and shows little to no improvement from year to year.

If he has shown littler or no improvement why would any team
give more than cup of warm piss for him? On the other hand, if
he does shine this preseason, why wouldn't we want to keep
him for insurance? I don't understand the "he just sucks so trade
him" mode of thinking - if it's that obvious he sucks, no one will
give up anything for him.

MasterOfPuppets
08-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Trade him!

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/d/dont_hate-6909.gif

MACH1
08-11-2011, 12:58 AM
If he has shown littler or no improvement why would any team
give more than cup of warm piss for him? On the other hand, if
he does shine this preseason, why wouldn't we want to keep
him for insurance? I don't understand the "he just sucks so trade
him" mode of thinking - if it's that obvious he sucks, no one will
give up anything for him.

Did you not see him last year during the regular season? He SUCKED! He made kordell look good.

Preseason means absolutely nothing when playing against third stringers. Actually preseason means nothing all the way around.

MasterOfPuppets
08-11-2011, 02:45 AM

:rofl:...... or...or maybe we could package him , and sweed and get a first round pick !!! ...:toofunny:

Wallace17
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Cut batch bring him on as a coach. Keep dixon for depth! We wont get anything for new slash!

truesteelerfan
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Keep him. Cut Lefty or Batch. Anyone know how to start a poll? Good questions and comments!

ebsteelers
08-11-2011, 02:12 PM
why not trade him for ansante samuels, a first round pick and a left guard.... o wait this isn't madden?

darn never mind

cloppbeast
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
:rofl:...... or...or maybe we could package him , and sweed and get a first round pick !!! ...:toofunny:

The Steelers would never do something so stupid, not for just a first round pick. Jeez.....

We would need at least 2 1st rounders, and maybe a 3rd to give up that much.

Rick5895
08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
You keep him, he can be a good option in the red zone as well for gadgets (there will be no more 3rd QB designation). Imagine lining him at wr with ben under center or vice versa. Plenty of options there.

kirklandrules
08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Imagine lining him at wr with ben under center or vice versa. Plenty of options there.

That kinda worked twice in Slash's early days, but there are no options with Dixon in that role. Lining him up at WR would only cause the opposing defense to fall over laughing. You expect him to catch a pass? I'd rather line up Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Ward and Miller as my receivers. Throwing Dixon out there would only take one of those true weapons off the field. Remember, he's a poor man's Kordell at best.

You can't trade this guy as no one showed interest in the brief window he was a restricted free agent and prior to his signing the 1 year deal.

ebsteelers
08-11-2011, 03:14 PM
its crazy cause before he blew out his knee he was an early round pick, and possible going to win the heisman.

now we can't even trade dog poop for him.

kirklandrules
08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
its crazy cause before he blew out his knee he was an early round pick, and possible going to win the heisman.

It's the difference between the college and pro games. Just think, had he won the Heisman, he'd be the next Andre Ware (or Cam Newton :chuckle:).

thumper
08-11-2011, 03:44 PM

And how much could teams trade Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith,
JaMarcus Russell, David Klingler, Andrea Ware, Tim Couch, et al after
they were in the league a few years? Those examples are far more
extreme than Dixon. They all WERE drafted as HIGH first round picks.

We haven't laid a wet turd drafting a QB that bad since Mark Malone
and Cliff Stoudt.

ebsteelers
08-11-2011, 04:26 PM
And how much could teams trade Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith,
JaMarcus Russell, David Klingler, Andrea Ware, Tim Couch, et al after
they were in the league a few years? Those examples are far more
extreme than Dixon. They all WERE drafted as HIGH first round picks.

We haven't laid a wet turd drafting a QB that bad since Mark Malone
and Cliff Stoudt.

drafting omar jacobs, was better than dennis dixon?

dixon helped us win early last year.. which helped us get to the super bowl.
thats good enough for me.

rheddpanda
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
i think they should go the eagles route and try to get terelle pryor maybe fourth round supplemental draft. let him work behind big ben for three years and trade him to somebody for a couple pix or players. kevin kolb style!bye bye dixon...they're not gonna get anything for him...

rick723
08-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Did you not see him last year during the regular season? He SUCKED! He made kordell look good.

Preseason means absolutely nothing when playing against third stringers. Actually preseason means nothing all the way around.

It ment something to him tonight. I have been a Dixon supporter for years. Not anymore. Toodles Dennis

Fire Arians
08-13-2011, 12:28 AM
sucks!

MACH1
08-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Wants to be a starter.

BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAA

pancake
08-13-2011, 04:57 AM
sucks!

Question, answered... :toofunny:

DanRooney
08-13-2011, 12:03 PM
lmao @ everyone who possibly thought we could trade him. 2nd round pick? Redskins might show interest? Dixon is one of the worst QBs in the league.