PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Lose Out Again!

MDSteel15
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
There goes another OL we should have scooped up...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6853384/kansas-city-chiefs-add-third-ex-baltimore-ravens-player-sign-jared-gaither

kirklandrules
08-11-2011, 03:46 PM
A big moose with a back problem ... he's probably closer to 375 lbs, I don't think his back problems are going away too soon. KC is taking a chance that they get lucky here.

thumper
08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
He missed all of last year and he's 6-9 with a bad back. Remember
when Marvel Smith's back went? He was never right again. Anyone
else feeling like Balt. is losing some key people? Not saying they
should panic but they are taking some nicks it seems. Enough nicks
and the beast goes down.

Steelersfan87
08-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm confident he was paid more than the Steelers could have afforded.

55BaileyFan
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
He was good when he was healthy. We don't need another Max Starks.

steeltheone
08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
We have no money to sign anyone of any quality

jjpro11
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
we never even showed any interest... how exactly did we lose out?

theplatypus
08-11-2011, 05:53 PM
A great big fat guy with a bad back, no thanks

BigRick
08-11-2011, 09:09 PM
A great big fat guy with a bad back, no thanks

I have to agree with you.:tt03:

solardave
08-12-2011, 03:55 AM
He was good when he was healthy. We don't need another Max Starks.

Right! And probably at a hefty price. We'll see how he plays for them and won't have to bitch about how we wasted big money on him.

Fire Arians
08-12-2011, 01:05 PM
jonathan scott played well last year and word is that gilbert is holding his own in training camp. we're good at tackle imo

ricardisimo
08-12-2011, 03:53 PM
We're getting better along the line in small increments, and I'm eager to see if our O-line coach is able to take the group to the next level in his second year. Corner is the bigger concern, I'd say. Too bad there's no money to fix that problem, even if only temporarily until one of our draftees proves himself.

Rick5895
08-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Offensive line is about as much about coninuity of players and lining up the same 5 for the bulk of the season , as it is about talent. You need talent but you also need to start the same 5 for much of the season. We have drafted corners the past couple of years, now is the time to see if the light clicks on. I am hopeful it will in Lewis and Butlers case. brown is a very talented player that will come along. I prefer this approach to always buying talent on the free agent market, often times a player that has a good year then cashes in generally is a system player, we have seen a number of our players leave for greener pastures and not be half the player they were here. Rod Woodson is an exception rather than the rule.

MAC
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
LOSING OUT ON GAITHER! Please tell me your joking!!! What did you really lose out on? A guy thats going to sit on your bench. A guy that's going to complain about playing time when he's not good enough to start. Dude, I watched him when he played for my Ravens. He's a whiner, he's slow, and he's often injured. Why do you think we didn't make a play for him when we have offensive line issues? I'm sure your boy Harrison probably told the front office about the 13.5 sacks he has against Gaither. The only thing appealing is his size. In summary; he's garbage and I bet he gets either released or hurt before the season is over with. If you truly feel like your losing out you can get him than!