new players is not going to upset the apple cart. Every time I think
I know of all the free agents they added, I look up and see _another_
FA who looks like a quality signing. And last night (Yes, I know it was
only pre-season) they looked stacked. And we are talking about a
team that was a contender as they were. And VY is the perfect back
up for Vick. Also, keep in mind, that players are flocking to Philly b.c
of Vick. Players feel he is a story of redemption. They all have brothers
and friends who they feel are victims of the system. Vick represents
redemption. I really feel this team is very for real.

2. Jets. They will be there. Do they have enough to beat Pgh? We may
very well find out.

3. Pats. They are who they are. They kill us and all signs say they
should be better than last year. Deny it if you wish, but fact is they
are very dangerous to our trek to the SB.

4. Packers. Should be better than last year. But repeating is damn
tough these days. But still. They are built to beat us.

Teams that do not worry me as much? Ravens seem set back. Ray
is a year older. Lost play makers. Lost RBs (But added Ricky). Lost
a good safety in Landry. Colts? Manning's dinged neck costing
repetitions that will hurt them. They may still win div., but I don't fear
them. KC? Don't know that they did anything to improve passing game.
One-dimensional attack (we should know, see Pgh before Ben) never
cuts it in play offs. SD? Still have to overcome a non-head coach as
head coach. VERY difficult to do.

Wallabeast17
08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
the Pats: we are like 1-7 against Brady
ravens: cant count them out,i do hate them but i highly respect them; the games are always close.
i dont believe the jets will be as good this year. losing brad smith hurts them a lot he did a lot for them

SoCalFan
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
The pats are getting to that point,maybe a bit old I dont know but I think they will have a down year!The jets have Sanchez who doesnt scare me a bit!The AFC is ours!The NFC its the pack that still haunts me,I think Rodgers is that good!The eagles are a bit scarry,dont know,I think our D can handle a guy like Vic.Its probably going to be a sleeper team that will sneak up?

Rick5895
08-12-2011, 04:29 PM
The Ratbirds still have Flacco, so until he can prove he is elite I am not concerned. They may split with us in the season but will not beat us in the playoffs. Pariots always worry me, simply because of the O they play. Not at all worried about the jets, same reason as I am not worried about the ravens. I don't care about the NFC until the Super bowl.

thumper
08-12-2011, 05:03 PM
ravens: cant count them out,i do hate them but i highly respect them; the games are always close.
i dont believe the jets will be as good this year. losing brad smith hurts them a lot he did a lot for them

Do you think losing Brad Smith is a bigger loss than Plex is a gain? No way.
Smith = 44 yards in receptions, 2 TDs in kick returns. No way does that
equate to more production than Plex will bring. And, make no mistake,
it is a non factor that he has an ankle injury. He does that every year in
order to lesson wear and tear on his body on unneeded reps in pre-
season and practice. He will be ready come game day, and he will
produce. 2 years away in the pen will not make him worse; probably
will make him more driven and productive.

Pats will still be too much for us. Bad match up. Our D is powerless
against them. They will shut down our rush and make us have to
match and beat them in passing O. Sorry. We don't win that one.
Looking at the Ravens I don't totally count them out, but they don't
seem improved, they seem diminished. Flacco is a decent QB but
not at Ben's level. The better QB usually wins.

Wallabeast17
08-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Pats will still be too much for us. Bad match up. Our D is powerless
against them. They will shut down our rush and make us have to
match and beat them in passing O. Sorry. We don't win that one.
Looking at the Ravens I don't totally count them out, but they don't
seem improved, they seem diminished. Flacco is a decent QB but
not at Ben's level. The better QB usually wins.

I don't believe Plex will have an amazing year. Coaches always say theres being in shape and then theres being in football shape, and of course he hasn't seen the field in two years. But you can look at Vick and say it would be very possible that Plex has a good year but again i am optomistic just my opion..they jets will not make the playoffs imo

55BaileyFan
08-12-2011, 05:32 PM

2-7

Fire Arians
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
brady and the pats are the only team that scares me. i think we can take green bay since they are kind of soft against the run, but the pats could always stop our running attack.

if we have a couple young corners that can step up this year, we can have a shot of beating the pats. unless that happens though, look for 1-8 against brady

Wallabeast17
08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
2-7

eh close enough haha. your not counting that game vs matt casel are you?

Sixburgher
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't believe Plex will have an amazing year.

He's scheduled for an MRI on his ankle, so he's off to a rocky start.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/jets-plaxico-burress-to-undergo-mri-wont-play-in-preseason-opener/1

Fire Arians
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
eh close enough haha. your not counting that game vs matt casel are you?

i think he is. i only remember ever beating brady once

thumper
08-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't believe Plex will have an amazing year. Coaches always say theres being in shape and then theres being in football shape, and of course he hasn't seen the field in two years. But you can look at Vick and say it would be very possible that Plex has a good year but again i am optomistic just my opion..they jets will not make the playoffs imo

There is a difference between being "in shape" vs. being in "football shape."
I don't think that is even debatable. That being said, how long does it take
to get back in football shape, considering Plex was in good over all shape?

zsheik22
08-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Rex Grossman :D

Fire Arians
08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Rex Grossman :D

:chuckle:

Avoid-Lloyd
08-13-2011, 01:03 AM
2-7

We are actually 1-5 vs Brady. You can't give him the win in the AFC Championship in 2001 because he left the game when it was tied. Drew Bledsoe is the one who beat us that year.

Avoid-Lloyd
08-13-2011, 01:12 AM
The Pats do get the best of us in the regular season when we play them, but I'm not scared of them in the post season. No team should be. They haven't won a playoff game since the 2007 season.

Fire Arians
08-13-2011, 01:25 AM
We are actually 1-5 vs Brady. You can't give him the win in the AFC Championship in 2001 because he left the game when it was tied. Drew Bledsoe is the one who beat us that year.

if i remember correctly it was neither, but we gave up 2 special teams TD's and barely lost.

love the screen name btw

Avoid-Lloyd
08-13-2011, 03:09 AM
Thanks! Greg Lloyd is my favorite Steeler of all-time. I know what you mean about the special teams. Some how we always manage to suck on special teams. I'm glad they made that new kickoff rule. It can only be good for us.

Pittsburgh43
08-13-2011, 03:16 AM
1. Packers
2. Patriots
3. Eagles
4. Ravens
5. Saints

DanRooney
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
The Ratbirds still have Flacco, so until he can prove he is elite I am not concerned. They may split with us in the season but will not beat us in the playoffs. Pariots always worry me, simply because of the O they play. Not at all worried about the jets, same reason as I am not worried about the ravens. I don't care about the NFC until the Super bowl.

:rofl:

caplovestroyp43
08-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Gady scares me because of how bad the refs pander to him. God forbid he'd actually have to take a hit and be a real man!!!!!!

And as much as I loathe the Shitbirds, they too scare me. But not so much since Heap is gone. I rejoiced when I heard that!! LOL!!

fer522
08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
i fear our corners more than i fear any team :banging:

StainlessStill
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I have an open mind, more open than any NFL fan out there. With that said, I SERIOUSLY do believe that the Steelers can beat anybody and everybody Any Given Sunday and quite frankly, can only beat themselves this season. They are their own weakness and I try so hard to say that without sounding like such a homer.

The way I see it, the AFC is the way more inferior conference now-adays than the NFC when it was reversed not so long ago. I feel a huge battle to take place within the NFC, while teams like Pittsburgh and New England quietly go about their dominating business.

In the AFC I have Pittsburgh and New England as early favorites, with the usual teams breathing down their necks like Indianapolis, N.Y, Baltimore and a team like San Diego who can creep up on the best of them.

The NFC, I had Philly as the NFC representatives at the END of last season. ALL of these FA signing however had actually made me pull that pick. I think there's WAY too much to fail with buckling under the pressure. I look for Atlanta to make a huge push for a Lombardi for the NFC this season.

Like I said, I really do feel the Steelers have another run at the Super Bowl this season.

Teams to watch out for:

New England
Baltimore
Jets
Chargers

If you would ask the same question to any other team, no doubt in my mind the top teams would be:

New England
Pittsburgh

The NFC will take care of themselves.

Wallabeast17
08-13-2011, 11:19 PM
i fear our corners more than i fear any team :banging:

well said! :applaudit:

But lets just hope Brown or Allen can show something, since neither of them played

Steelersfan87
08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
well said! :applaudit:

But lets just hope Brown or Allen can show something, since neither of them played

Neither did Bryant McFadden (or Ike Taylor in comparison to the other defensive starters).

finesward
08-14-2011, 10:20 AM

:toofunny: I've never seen someone who pretends to know so much as you do. Using those inside sources to get the scoop on your boy plex? lol

3rdandlong
08-14-2011, 10:33 AM
The only teams I'm really concerned about are ones that have elite quarterbacks. Teams with a good running game do not worry me. From the AFC, it would easily have to be the Patriots. Brady tears us apart.

The Colts? Manning is obviously an elite quarterback, but we can beat him.

Flacco and the Ravens are always a concern. Commentators always said Manning's knock was that he couldn't win the big games. Same goes with Flacco. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he reverses that.

Unless Sanchez improves this year, I don't feel threatened by the Jets. They have a good running game which we can easily neutralize.

If we make it to the Super Bowl, then it's anyone's game. No one from the NFC scares me. Everyone is goiing crazy for the Eagles since they signed all those high priced free agents. That hardly ever improves a team drastically. The Packers would still be the number one threat from the NFC. The Steelers vs. Packers would be a good game, and I see no reason why we couldn't beat them this time

thumper
08-14-2011, 02:57 PM
:toofunny: I've never seen someone who pretends to know so much as you do. Using those inside sources to get the scoop on your boy plex? lol

I know my insights make you feel inferior. But please get over it. :hatsoff:

Fire Arians
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/08/steelers-defensive-coverage-stats-versus-redskins-preseason-game-1/

according to this, gay was beaten every single time he was thrown at. lewis didn't fare much better. jury is still out on butler

Avoid-Lloyd
08-14-2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/08/steelers-defensive-coverage-stats-versus-redskins-preseason-game-1/

according to this, gay was beaten every single time he was thrown at. lewis didn't fare much better. jury is still out on butler

That's horrible. I know it's only preseason but it looking more and more like we should start spending 1st and 2nd round picks on CBs then trying to get lucky on 4th-6th rounders or maybe try and sign a free agent CB sometime.

Wallabeast17
08-15-2011, 12:00 AM

Looks like so far Warrens the best of the worst.:couch:

finesward
08-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I know my insights make you feel inferior. But please get over it. :hatsoff:

I bit my cheek the other day, care to offer some insight as to how long it will be bothering me? Or does that only work if I'm a felon returning to play professional football?

:noidea:

cloppbeast
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
2. Jets. They will be there. Do they have enough to beat Pgh? We may very well find out.

I'm not buying the Jets. They lost their NT, they lost Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith, and Plex doesn't make up for the loss of both of them. LT is one year older, although he wasn't a huge part of the offense anyway.

I believe the Jets were a bit of a fluke last year. I don't even expext them the make the playoffs this season. They'll compete for the Wild Card, but I doubt they win it.

The rest was spot on, although I think you could include the Ravens on that list. They were inches away from beating us every game last season (they even beat us one of those games), and it'll probably go the same way this year. If the ball bounces a different way, they could very well have played in the SB instead of us last year.

Steelersfan87
08-15-2011, 06:28 PM
The Jets have several players that fill the nose tackle role. I believe Brad Smith's contribution to the team's success was overrated, and it would have been less so this year anyway with the kickoffs being moved up. Plaxico Burress/Derrick Mason is probably a downgrade from Braylon Edwards/Jerricho Cotchery, yes, but Mark Sanchez is a better quarterback than he was last year, and Shonn Greene is a better runner than he was last year. And young players like McKnight and Kyle Wilson should be able to step up more this year. Are they good enough to win the division over the Patriots? Probably not, but I'm sure they'll be in the playoffs again.

thumper
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I bit my cheek the other day, care to offer some insight as to how long it will be bothering me? Or does that only work if I'm a felon returning to play professional football?

:noidea:

I would need to know more specifics about your cheek - the severity, etc.
I don't have vision on all subjects, but do have it on more than a few.
When Plex shows up game time and shows no ill effect from his injured
ankle or prison time, will you pay homage to me?

thumper
08-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm not buying the Jets. They lost their NT, they lost Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith, and Plex doesn't make up for the loss of both of them. LT is one year older, although he wasn't a huge part of the offense anyway.

I believe the Jets were a bit of a fluke last year. I don't even expext them the make the playoffs this season. They'll compete for the Wild Card, but I doubt they win it.

The rest was spot on, although I think you could include the Ravens on that list. They were inches away from beating us every game last season (they even beat us one of those games), and it'll probably go the same way this year. If the ball bounces a different way, they could very well have played in the SB instead of us last year.

Yea, on paper (scoreboard) it looks like Ravens were very much in
that game. However, on further inspection you will realize that they
had a total of 20-some yards in the 2nd half. If not for those fluke
turnovers, they would not have been in that game. Pgh dominated in
the 2nd half, big time. Flacco was turned into a timid QB. They lost
more than they gained. I like our chances to beat them again.

thumper
08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Looks like so far Warrens the best of the worst.:couch:

:rofl:

thumper
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
That's horrible. I know it's only preseason but it looking more and more like we should start spending 1st and 2nd round picks on CBs then trying to get lucky on 4th-6th rounders or maybe try and sign a free agent CB sometime.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot, I'd even
accept using a few 3rd rounders on CB once in a while. Lets see
if Brown works out. He F-n better.

Butler better come correct too.

We desperately need them to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GThOPvjmhUs

finesward
08-16-2011, 07:37 AM
I would need to know more specifics about your cheek - the severity, etc.
I don't have vision on all subjects, but do have it on more than a few.
When Plex shows up game time and shows no ill effect from his injured
ankle or prison time, will you pay homage to me?

Yeah we've all read your visions (mostly supported by youtube, 911truth.com and herm edwards :chuckle: )

Unless you are indeed plaxico burress or his team trainer you have zero credibility about his health or his ability to continue where he left off before he shot himself in the leg. If he breaks out and goes on a tear this year I will not pay homage to you for the same reason I don't pay homage to the weather man when he tells me there is a %50 chance of rain, and it rains.....or doesn't.

A broken watch is still right twice a day...

theplatypus
08-16-2011, 08:47 AM
too funny