PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ Redskins Post Game Thread

SteelCityMom
08-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Post your thoughts here!

Not the prettiest of games...but what needs improving? What did you like?

Share your thoughts.

Atlanta Dan
08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
OMG - we are going to go 0-16:jawdrop:

Just get this team to the Ravens game with no major injuries

Falcons starters looked great tonight - good test next week at Heinz

jjpro11
08-12-2011, 10:48 PM
what's the update on all the players who got banged up? Taylor broke his thumb.. Ben always seems to suffer some sort of weird injury early in the season that ends up lingering all season long.

Farrior_roirraW
08-12-2011, 10:51 PM

Yeah pretty much. :chuckle:

Getting through the preseason without any major injuries would be outstanding.

Looks like Brown is starting where he left off last season which is great.

Third Rail
08-12-2011, 10:52 PM
What needs improving? Well, I know you should never read too much into a preseason game, but the Steelers were AWFUL today, and that includes the starters. From our #1 defense that got manhandled by REX GROSSMAN and Tim Hightower, to our offense that played almost the entire game in its own territory, that was one sorry looking team out there today. Now granted, our starters didn't play much but when they did, they looked somewhere between pedestrian and god-awful. If William Gay isn't gone at the end of this season (or SOONER) I might have to give up on this team. He should not be a starting corner on any team in this league... he'd be lucky to play corner in the goddamned Arena league. How the hell is it that the Eagles have THREE of the best corners in the league on their roster, and we're still stuck with this douche.

Deserei90
08-12-2011, 10:53 PM
People are talking like their ready to jump off a bridge because of this lost lol. Yes Improvement is needed and injuries is a concerning matter, but are people really taking this like it's a very serious lost?

Third Rail
08-12-2011, 10:59 PM
No, but I do think there's some cause for concern that they played so poorly against the Redskins, a team I think every NFL analyst not named Theisman (and who knows, maybe he did too) put dead last in their power rankings this week. And for good reason. I live in DC and the 'Skins fans are probably the most depressed fanbase I've ever seen. I feel bad for them because they love their team, but it's been run into the ground year after year by their asshat of an owner. And the 'Skins team roster right now reads like a bunch of third stringers, so the fact that even our starters had problems against them is troublesome.

SteelCityMom
08-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't take losing in preseason too seriously myself...there's always kinks to be worked out.

Just always remember that the Lions went 4-0 in preseason and then went 0-16 in the regular season lol.

I don't expect the greatest season ever, but I think they'll get most of the major kinks worked out.

Brown and Redman impressed tonight as well...keep it up guys!

Deserei90
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't take losing in preseason too seriously myself...there's always kinks to be worked out.

Just always remember that the Lions went 4-0 in preseason and then went 0-16 in the regular season lol.

I don't expect the greatest season ever, but I think they'll get most of the major kinks worked out.

Brown and Redman impressed tonight as well...keep it up guys! I agree! I'm liking Heyward too.

Fire Arians
08-13-2011, 12:09 AM
i'm not ready to stick a fork in this season yet but come on, we got passed on by rex grossman, he shouldn't be able to pass on a high school team cause he sucks so bad.

biggest disappointment for me was crezdon butler and keenan lewis

biggest upside to today's game is knowing that brown is the real deal. cotchery might never see the field if this kid keeps it up.

rick723
08-13-2011, 12:12 AM

So did the skins look good

Fire Arians
08-13-2011, 12:13 AM
another positive, sepulveda really had a good game. kinda shitty thinking of it, one of the main bright spots was your punter lol.

but in all seriousness this is nothing to worry about. now if we're playing like this in the final week of preseason, then worry. there's still a good amount of time to get everything straightened out.

rick723
08-13-2011, 12:14 AM

Brown and Redman impressed tonight as well...keep it up guys!

I think the last time we went 4-0 we won the superbowl

Farrior_roirraW
08-13-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm not worried about the passing game. Ike played a series (if that?), no Troy, no Harrison and a lot of the starters only played a series or two. It was 7-7 at half. Redskins starters versus our second string. It was ugly. But it wasour second string and the game was close the whole time.

If we play like this at Baltimore I'll be worried, but we're not.

Pittsburgh43
08-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Players that stood out to me: Antonio Brown, Cam Heyward, Isaac Redman, Daniel Sepulveda.

We can all agree that this was a sloppily played game. Gotta remember that the players are only coming off about 2 weeks of practice and have a ton of rust to shake off, didn't really seem like they wanted to be there though. Thursday's game's at home and I expect we'll see a fired up team in front of the home crowd.

It's safe to say there will be a lot of tackling drills in camp this week.

Overall, not much concern since we have a veteran clad team. They'll turn it around, be patient.

Phillykeith
08-13-2011, 03:23 AM
If I see Mewelde Moore get the ball and then get stuffed on another 3rd and short I am going to puke. Give Redman a real role this season...

SoCalFan
08-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Its obviously not winning or losing that matters in the pre season,does not mean $hit! Most pre season games I kind of look at the scoreboard after the first quarter or half...What does matter in a game like todays is individual play.Alot of lack luster play out there today and if I were the coaching staff I would be pissed!Im putting nothing on this game,just hope these guys get it together soon.Im hoping they dont come out of the gate really slow and have to make up ground later in the season!

sharkweek
08-13-2011, 05:02 AM
How the hell is it that the Eagles have THREE of the best corners in the league on their roster, and we're still stuck with this douche.
I bet you there's an Eagles fan out there saying the same thing about our line backers

can't have pro-bowlers at every position

ggoldman
08-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Too bad we couldn't see the rookie corners

Rick5895
08-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch the game, it wasn't on up here, although i will pVR the game this afternoon and likely watch it tomorrow as I work today. Looking at stats it wasn't a good performance, however, it was the first pre-season game and I am sure a very vanilla defense. I see us 11-5 or 12-4 and winning the division, the only thing that will give me second thoughts on that is a stinker against the Ratbirds in September.
This is only the preseason and the coaches have a lot of guys to look at. If no one distinguishes themselves (like Dixon) then we move on.
We aren't doomed to 0-16 like the comments I have seen on other threads.

theplatypus
08-13-2011, 08:20 AM
A couple positives from the 1st preseason game.

Mendy(rediculously small sample size) looked quick to the line, not as tentative/indecisive as he's been in the past.
Brown- looked solid, although he needs to quit posing/demonstrating after a catch. Act like you've been there before son.
Redman- Looked strong
Ben- (again small sample size) Getting rid of the ball quickly, by my count right at 3 seconds. I'm hoping that this is the beginning of Ben taking it too the next level and hitting recievers in stride etc.On the sack the skins came with a blitz from his left and they were on him with a quickness.

Apparently David Johnson forgot how too block because he looked pitiful out there.

SteeleReign
08-13-2011, 08:39 AM
My thoughts after watching the game:

I'm looking forward to: watching more of Redman, our young receivers, and Pouncey establishing himself as the best center in the game.

I'm worried about: the usual (same stuff every year)...why can't we seem to develop young corners? Our ST looked pathetic on punt coverage (I guess the silver lining is that we aren't likely to give up any kickoff TDs). O-line looked swiss-cheesy at times. Arians predictable play-calling (I guess it's a preseson vanilla offense, so he gets a pass for now).

Needs a new home: Arnaz Battle, William Gay, Ryan Mundy, Mewelde Moore, and Dennis Dixon....throw Arians on that pile too.

Based on last night, I'm not overly concerned about the season. However, history would suggest that we would struggle this year and I was hoping to see a bit more passion from the boys last night. Save for the small list above, I didn't see it. I don't know what approach Tomlin is taking this year in camp, but I hope he starts chewing some ass. In Tomlin's post-game interview he sounded & looked like he did in every post-game in 2009....wide-eyed, pissed-off, and talking tough....I guess I'm just not buying his act anymore. I swear I think something's missing with him...he just seems like he's more concerned with being liked by his players than demanding perfection in practice & on the field. Cowher would be destroying guys in practice this week - Tomlin needs to do the same.

3rdandlong
08-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Keep in mind, the Steelers 1st string offense never scored a touchdown in the 2005 preseason. When the regular season started, we played great.

I know what you mean, though. Our defense got blown off the line, missed tackles, secondary was terrible (especially Willism Gay, offense line was very porous.

55BaileyFan
08-13-2011, 09:24 AM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/08/steelers-lose-first-preseason-game.html?spref=tw

Wallace17
08-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Everything looked awful! We got ran all over. Ike got hurt dont know what happened with timmons. With ike being hurt hopefully we look at bringing in a vet corner. Heard we were talking to deion sanders? lol

Kingmagyar
08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Teams like Washington and other losing teams put a big emphasis on winning in the pre-season to establish the right mindset for the team going forward. Those guys come into a game feeling like they have to prove themselves where the Steelers already established come into a game without the same sense of urgency. Strictly talking about starters though not guys trying and needing to prove themselves. It hurts them our coaches don't game plan much either. Even with the Skins giving it their all they still only managed one TD.

pete74
08-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Teams like Washington and other losing teams put a big emphasis on winning in the pre-season to establish the right mindset for the team going forward. Those guys come into a game feeling like they have to prove themselves where the Steelers already established come into a game without the same sense of urgency. Strictly talking about starters though not guys trying and needing to prove themselves. It hurts them our coaches don't game plan much either. Even with the Skins giving it their all they still only managed one TD.

Your insane if you think we don't try just as hard as they do

PhantomJB93
08-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Did Limas Sweed even play? I thought with Sanders out and Cotchery not ready he'd get some time for sure, but I didnt watch the whole game and every time I checked it was Battle and Brown, and then the UFAs...

thumper
08-13-2011, 01:02 PM

:thumbsup:

Wallabeast17
08-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Did Limas Sweed even play? I thought with Sanders out and Cotchery not ready he'd get some time for sure, but I didnt watch the whole game and every time I checked it was Battle and Brown, and then the UFAs...

i don't believe he did. I kept looking for number 80 but never sa it :noidea:

DanRooney
08-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Sweed is still recovering from a shoulder injury.

Wallace17
08-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Sweed is still recovering from a shoulder injury.

Sweed is still recovering from everything. Dont think he will recover after cuts.

stb_steeler
08-13-2011, 01:18 PM
No, but I do think there's some cause for concern that they played so poorly against the Redskins, a team I think every NFL analyst not named Theisman (and who knows, maybe he did too) put dead last in their power rankings this week. And for good reason. I live in DC and the 'Skins fans are probably the most depressed fanbase I've ever seen. I feel bad for them because they love their team, but it's been run into the ground year after year by their asshat of an owner. And the 'Skins team roster right now reads like a bunch of third stringers, so the fact that even our starters had problems against them is troublesome.

To the redskins thats their SB.......Have to remember they played their starters for 2 quarters. Our OL didnt look the best i will say that!

SteeleReign
08-13-2011, 01:27 PM

I hear what you're saying. But, with all the veteran players and coaches & having just lost a Superbowl, I would think our starters would find it a little more important to show up.

But, it's not even those guys I worry about. It's more the fringe starters & guys that will be called upon often - Gay, Keenan Lewis, most of the o-line, David Johnson - these guys should be playing their arses off!! They're not! They should be playing with that "sense of urgency" you mention.

Don't forget that many consider the Skins to be one of the worst 3 teams in the league. Being a Superbowl team, all off our "strings" should be outplaying their's. Sorta like what the Pats did to the Jags.

SteeleReign
08-13-2011, 01:28 PM
To the redskins thats their SB.......Have to remember they played their starters for 2 quarters. Our OL didnt look the best i will say that!

Come on! A Superbowl team's second string should be able to outplay a crappy team's second string!!

stb_steeler
08-13-2011, 01:37 PM

The Ravens didnt look to good either in their first preseasoner....

stb_steeler
08-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Come on! A Superbowl team's second string should be able to outplay a crappy team's second string!!

How do we know their second string is crappy....Maybe their actually pretty good.:noidea:

PhantomJB93
08-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Just because a team has a good starting lineup doesn't necessarily put their backups a step above the rest, too. Although I do think our backups should have been able to play much better, but still I don't believe that our starters being better than the Redskins starters makes our backups better than the Redskins backups.

Not to mention I thought the Redskins played (most) of their starters much longer than we did.

Preseason doesn't matter much for "team" play anyway, it's more about individual performances to me, to see who can step up and perform better than the training camp fodder in a game situation...

Steelboy84
08-13-2011, 02:53 PM
The replay doesn't come until 3 today on NFL N. I couldn't catch the game here.

BritishSteel
08-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Salary Cap means you load up on first team talent and pay league minimum on your back ups, or you spread the wealth round the impact positions or those you collect injuries on.

Watched the skins game - not great, but 1st pre-season after a barnham and bailey off-season isn't the best time to judge long term prospects. Hopefuly Ike heals quick. Redman impresses again - could be a break-out player if the coaching staff give him his head.

Steelboy84
08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Colon has gotten fat and even slower. And we re-signed this clown?

MaidenIndiana
08-13-2011, 04:34 PM
GOOD LORD!!!! Why don't all you Debbie Downers who are so freaked out about last nights game do us all a favor and go ahead and jump off a bridge. People it was a PRESEASON GAME!!! That means that A. it doesn't count and B. the team still has time to practice and work on correcting their mistakes. If a preseason loss affects you that bad then maybe you should start watching soccer.

fer522
08-13-2011, 05:17 PM
i'm watching the game and it looks like Joe Montana and Barry Sanders are playing for the redskins
and for all of you that keep saying its only a preseason game i got news for you come week 1 we're still gonna have the same cornes and that scares the $hit out of me,if they could not improve in the off season what makes you think that they're gonna get better in the next 3 weeks

Atlanta Dan
08-13-2011, 05:36 PM
i'm watching the game and it looks like Joe Montana and Barry Sanders are playing for the redskins
and for all of you that keep saying its only a preseason game i got news for you come week 1 we're still gonna have the same cornes and that scares the $hit out of me,if they could not improve in the off season what makes you think that they're gonna get better in the next 3 weeks

My wild guess is the quality of the defense will improve when Polamalu and Harrison play - if not the chronic problems at corner will not be at the top of the list for what will be troubling this team

IMO it has been a choppy training camp due to the weather and some key players coming back from injuries - Tomlin has expressed his discontent with last night's effort and I assume practice this week will be more focused

That was not the kind of performance we were looking for or hoping for tonight. Quite frankly, we got outplayed in just about all areas blocking, tackling, running, throwing, kicking. That team was better prepared tonight than us, and they showed it. We accept that, and I look forward to this group responding to what we put out there tonight and understand that we have a lot of ground to cover. Such is life. Ill expect these guys to respond accordingly, and well go back to work, well assess this performance and it needs to be better quickly.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-on-16-7-loss-to-Redskins/9f947c2b-a59a-4ae4-978a-02c757558edf

As I posted before, nothing counts until the Ravens game

Steel_Bus_24
08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
If we see the same type of play against the eagles I'll begin to worry.....

The three biggest things we need to fix if we're going to avoid a SB Loss Hangover

1. Defense has to stop the run....they flat out got their asses handed to them last night, Our DL was stood up and pushed out of the way far too easily....This was by far the most disappointing thing....Teams aren't supposed to do that against the steelers

2. Pass Blocking....The lockout seems to have really screwed with this unit....Way too many free rushers....Hope they get the starting lineup decided on fast and get them a bunch of reps together

3. Corners....Watching William Gay get undressed by Moss on the very 1st pass just really pissed me off.....even though I knew it was coming.......This isn't the same league anymore....Goodell and Craft keep altering the rules to favor the Offense....The steelers better wake up and realize that you can't just hide corners out there anymore, we're going to need a depth of playmakers there to compete with the 4-5 Wide Arena Football Scoring BS that this league is turning into

lardlad
08-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Pre-season aside. You have to be concerned about how man yards our starting D gave up. And they were out there long enough to get a handle on the game and they stopped the td. But man they gave up a ton of yards, many on the ground.

Does anyone think the coaches were think 'eh it's just a preseason game'? Not for a second they were all pissed about how bad they were

theplatypus
08-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Pre-season aside. You have to be concerned about how man yards our starting D gave up. And they were out there long enough to get a handle on the game and they stopped the td. But man they gave up a ton of yards, many on the ground.

Does anyone think the coaches were think 'eh it's just a preseason game'? Not for a second they were all pissed about how bad they were

How many points did the starting d give up?

caplovestroyp43
08-13-2011, 10:07 PM
As a rabid fan, I'd like to say I wasn't happy when I seen the score. SERIOUSLY?????????? Against the Redskins???????

Atlanta Dan
08-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Some post-game tweets from Ryan Clark

@RealRClark25 ryan clark
Relax my friends. Last night was a preseason game and we played as such. We actually went full pads the day b4. We'll be fine! No SB in Aug

@RoyaltyxMarie: Well...defense needs a lot of work...A LOT. Thank you for your expert opinion. We'll take it under consideration

@Lewk24: @RealRClark25 y'all didn't look too good yesterday. I can't have that. I'm super concerned about what YOU can't have. Trust me:chuckle:

http://twitter.com/#!/RealRClark25

kirklandrules
08-14-2011, 09:07 AM
More than any other coach, Mike Shanahan tries to win these games. He scripts his plays to attack the opponents weakness and leaves his starters in longer.

More than any other team, the Steelers script their plays to learn how their players will respond and provide experience, with little regard to the opponent and their weaknesses.

There are a lot of short memories on this site. Our starting D usually looks lackluster in the preseason, not just because Troy and James were out. But because coach Lebeau plays a fairly vanilla package. When they bring the heat in the preseason, it's not the complicated zone blitz packages that kick ass in the post season, but it's the basic LB rush.

When you're just a play or two away from a 3rd championship in 6 years, you normally don't go crazy by making over corrections ... you really want to make those minor tweaks to get you back on top. That's what I've seen this team do this off season. As far as this preseason game against the Skins ... I'm totally not concerned. :coffee:

Rick5895
08-14-2011, 09:50 AM
More than any other coach, Mike Shanahan tries to win these games. He scripts his plays to attack the opponents weakness and leaves his starters in longer.

More than any other team, the Steelers script their plays to learn how their players will respond and provide experience, with little regard to the opponent and their weaknesses.

There are a lot of short memories on this site. Our starting D usually looks lackluster in the preseason, not just because Troy and James were out. But because coach Lebeau plays a fairly vanilla package. When they bring the heat in the preseason, it's not the complicated zone blitz packages that kick ass in the post season, but it's the basic LB rush.

When you're just a play or two away from a 3rd championship in 6 years, you normally don't go crazy by making over corrections ... you really want to make those minor tweaks to get you back on top. That's what I've seen this team do this off season. As far as this preseason game against the Skins ... I'm totally not concerned. :coffee:

Well Said. :drink:

SteeleReign
08-14-2011, 10:06 AM

I agree with you for the most part. However, there are players that are auditioning for jobs, and from what I could see, didn't do anything to earn them.

I'm not worried about starters or the score of the game. But, when your team has weaknesses that were exposed in the Superbowl & those weaknesses are still apparent the following season, then I begin to wonder. What was done in the offseason to address our secondary? Our o-line?

theplatypus
08-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree with you for the most part. However, there are players that are auditioning for jobs, and from what I could see, didn't do anything to earn them.

I'm not worried about starters or the score of the game. But, when your team has weaknesses that were exposed in the Superbowl & those weaknesses are still apparent the following season, then I begin to wonder. What was done in the offseason to address our secondary? Our o-line?

We gave up two interceptions and a fumble in the SB, we did more too beat ourselves than anything else.

SteeleReign
08-14-2011, 12:35 PM
We gave up two interceptions and a fumble in the SB, we did more too beat ourselves than anything else.

We didn't help ourselves for sure. But, if the Packers hadn't dropped a few wide-open passes, they would have won going away....our secondary was embarrased in that game.

Sixburgher
08-14-2011, 12:42 PM
We didn't help ourselves for sure. But, if the Packers hadn't dropped a few wide-open passes, they would have won going away....our secondary was embarrased in that game.

Since we're playing the what if game, the Steelers left at LEAST two TDs on the field themselves. On Roethlisberger's second interception, Miller was wide open streaking down the sideline and he underthrew a wide open Wallace on what would have been another walk in TD. Not one of Roethlisberger's better performances.

Atlanta Dan
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Since we're playing the what if game, the Steelers left at LEAST two TDs on the field themselves. On Roethlisberger's second interception, Miller was wide open streaking down the sideline and he underthrew a wide open Wallace on what would have been another walk in TD. Not one of Roethlisberger's better performances.

Agreed about Roethlisberger - it may have been the foot injury, but during the playoffs he made clutch plays in the Jets and Ravens wins but was not sharp in any of the post-season games

With a tough early schedule #7 needs to step it up starting next month

SteeleReign
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM

I'm not playing the "what if" game...I'm talking about what is...

Many are saying that a preseason game means nothing. I contend that it can point to some issues. I simply stated that our secondary was a huge problem last year, wasn't addressed in the off-season, and appears to be an issue going forward as evidenced by the Redskins game.

Sixburgher
08-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm not playing the "what if" game...I'm talking about what is...

Many are saying that a preseason game means nothing. I contend that it can point to some issues. I simply stated that our secondary was a huge problem last year, wasn't addressed in the off-season, and appears to be an issue going forward as evidenced by the Redskins game.

They drafted Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen in back to back picks, so I wouldn't say they didn't address it and completely ignored the secondary. Whether they did enough to address the issue is certainly a valid question, which in my opinion is too early to answer. But I don't think a lackluster and uninspired performance in the opening preseason game against an opponent that obviously treated it like a regular season game is enough of a barometer to say they're in serious trouble. If they're still getting burned by scrubs like Rex Grossman when the vanilla schemes are dropped and the games are for keeps, then I'll become a little more concerned.

On a side note, Colt McCoy went 9 of 10 for 135 yards and a TD in three series against the Packers. Does that mean their pass defense is in trouble too?

SteeleReign
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
They drafted Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen in back to back picks, so I wouldn't say they didn't address it and completely ignored the secondary. Whether they did enough to address the issue is certainly a valid question, which in my opinion is too early to answer. But I don't think a lackluster and uninspired performance in the opening preseason game against an opponent that obviously treated it like a regular season game is enough of a barometer to say they're in serious trouble. If they're still getting burned by scrubs like Rex Grossman when the vanilla schemes are dropped and the games are for keeps, then I'll become a little more concerned.

On a side note, Colt McCoy went 9 of 10 for 135 yards and a TD in three series against the Packers. Does that mean their pass defense is in trouble too?

I hear what you're saying. I just can't help but be concerned when I see William Gay running around like a lost puppy out there. Hasn't he had enough time? Our other choice - McFadden - may be even worse. Sorry, but the Gay/McFadden tandem is going to hurt us a lot this year.

I'd love to see Crez, Allen, or Brown step up and take the CB2 spot. Crezdon should be playing his ass off to be a starter, but even he looked lost out there.

It's ironic that Tomlin was a CB and secondary coach, but the position we seem to have the most difficulty developing is CB.

SteeleReign
08-14-2011, 01:56 PM

Maybe it just means that Colt is now a stud QB? :chuckle:

Steeler4life1972
08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
C'mon guys....tomlin said himself there was no game plan put in place and shanahan always does this in preseason...tomlin is looking for attitude and hustle in these preseason games in which there wasnt a whole lot of either but if they dont do those things they wont play plain and simple and we will replace them with players who will!!

Steeler4life1972
08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I do agree that William Gay needs to go...I cant stand him!! Our linebackers are gonna have their hands full this season trying to keep pressure on the Qb's to keep from throwing toward these guys!!

DoctorCAD
08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
n...tomlin is looking for attitude and hustle in these preseason games...

Not very much of either attitude or hustle in the game.

450 yards given up to 3rd and 4th stringers and guys that will be selling insurance in 4 weeks.

Not our best effort.

Would be a LOOOOOOONG season with that kind of play.

LVSteelersfan
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry folks, but Gay is going to make this roster. When they brought him back I knew the writing was on the wall. No matter how much we hate him, the younger players are obviously not ready so it is the lesser of two evils.

Mike55
08-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Check out NFL Scout Jayson Braddock's take on Antonio Brown and Jonathan Dwyer (http://thexlog.com/201108141953/xtra-point-football/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers-vs-washington-redskins-nfl-preseason-week-1-cliff-notes/).