The Pgh Steelers and that O-line.

Just what I wanted to hear. We all hoped we were wrong. We hoped
that the front office had a better idea of what they were doing, and we
could trust the OL would be fine, that their lack of addressing the OL,
which missing BOTH best OTs from last year - on a below average OL
to begin with, __with__ Starks and Adams in the line up, was nothing
to worry about. We hoped we were wrong.

Well, we weren't. The OL is a mess. Ben was in for a mere 3 throws and
he already took a hard shot. Did I see him icing his hand on the sidelines?
I believe, it is now safe to say: They aren't addressing the OL because of
arrogance. They hear all the fans and media once again saying the OL
needed help, but they refuse to address it b/c they think they will prove
everyone wrong.

Well, we went to 2 more SB after 1996 in __SPITE__ of the OL not because
of it. We won one. Lost the other. And I fear we will not be to another b/c
they have to prove how they are smarter than everyone and OL is not
something that needs more attention.

Well F--K that.

Ben will be getting killed, his career shortened, and it all could have been
prevented, except they have to prove smarter than every one, just like
they did when they refused to address the QB position, and we suffered
with Jim Miller, Kent Frankengram, Kordell Stew-suck, Mike Tom-pop, et al.

Oh, you say it's only one preseason game? OK. So, do you think our OL
will not be a weak link? Will that be changing any time soon, like by
the regular season? And if so, how? Why? What is going to happen
between now and then? We have ONE good player out of 5 positions.
The rest are average or below average. Good luck with that. I really am
not looking forward to a season where Ben is going to take a record amount
of hits and sacks. It could have been prevented, but our front office is just
too smart to react to the OL. It reminds me when Tomlin was asked after a
draft, "Why didn't you address the OL?" He said, smuggly, "Because there
are other ways to make Ben's job easier than adding O-line man, like
adding play makers instead." (I am paraphrasing here.) Well, the players
taken instead of OL-men are along the lines of Sweed and Spaeth. Excuse
my while I don't buy into that BULL SHIT.

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Herm Edwards. LMAO.

thumper
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Herm Edwards. LMAO.

Wow. Such a telling assertion. You really proved your point.
Whatever that was, any how.

You didn't refute a single assertion.

I just got your grade for debate class.

FAIL

http://obscureinternet.com/wp-content/uploads/UN-Fail-Images.jpg

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.glennsasscer.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/skyfalling.jpg

zsheik22
08-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I hate when people think the organization is infallible.

The line is TERRIBLE and is a major concern. How can anyone argue it's not? Ben is going to be running for his life this year. (again)

Nobody is sitting here going OMG WE R GUNA LOSE EVARY SINGEL GAIME!! We're pointing out they didnt address the line well enough, and they needed to.

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I hate when people think the organization is infallible.

The line is TERRIBLE and is a major concern. How can anyone argue it's not? Ben is going to be running for his life this year. (again)

Nobody is sitting here going OMG WE R GUNA LOSE EVARY SINGEL GAIME!! We're pointing out they didnt address the line well enough, and they needed to.

And I hate when people freak out over one f.ucking preseason game and declare the season practically over before it's begun. The offensive line is a concern. No shit, Sherlock. It's been a concern for five damn years now.

Rick5895
08-13-2011, 01:19 PM
For crying out loud, it's getting tiresome with the constant moaning of some people on here. Yes our line has some issues, yes the Steelers personel people make the odd mistake, but they have been pretty right on over the years. Contrary to popular opinion we have in the last couple of years addressed the OL. Last season, Pouncey, this season Gilbert. We also have other areas we need to shore up as well, like DL and DB. I know some people think it's fail because the Steelers choose to try and build from within and not jump at the first expensive free agent. That philosophy has worked for the past 40 years or so.
With all these apparent problems the so called experts say we have we still win on a consistant basis, which gives us a lower draft choice. That means we have to take less talented players and wait a little longer than the "sure thing" that is routinely drafted at the top of the draft.
If some of you people are so unhappy with the tried and true formula the Steelers use, which means we are almost always competing or in the running for championships and playoffs, then go cheer for the Browns or jump on the Cheatriots bandwagon. Quit messing up these boards with your negative bull$hit, it's really getting old.

:tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03: :banging:

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 01:24 PM
For crying out loud, it's getting tiresome with the constant moaning of some people on here. Yes our line has some issues, yes the Steelers personel people make the odd mistake, but they have been pretty right on over the years. Contrary to popular opinion we have in the last couple of years addressed the OL. Last season, Pouncey, this season Gilbert. We also have other areas we need to shore up as well, like DL and DB. I know some people think it's fail because the Steelers choose to try and build from within and not jump at the first expensive free agent. That philosophy has worked for the past 40 years or so.
With all these apparent problems the so called experts say we have we still win on a consistant basis, which gives us a lower draft choice. That means we have to take less talented players and wait a little longer than the "sure thing" that is routinely drafted at the top of the draft.
If some of you people are so unhappy with the tried and true formula the Steelers use, which means we are almost always competing or in the running for championships and playoffs, then go cheer for the Browns or jump on the Cheatriots bandwagon. Quit messing up these boards with your negative bull$hit, it's really getting old.

The problem, in a nutshell, is people want a damn all pro at every position. Well, thanks to the salary cap it's not going to happen. Every team has weaknesses. Ours happens to be the offensive line and the defensive secondary. Want an all pro offensive line? Then be prepared to sacrifice that all world linebacking corps.

WickedSteel
08-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Then why has the front office refused to do anything about it??? The problem needs addressed, not just cross their fingers and HOPE that it fixes itself.

O line and secondary for YEARS have been a problem yet NOTHING is done about it. Instead they keep drafting LBs and receivers that rarely work out, save Wallace. One thing is for sure, Wallace isn't going to have time to use his speed to get open when Ben is getting swarmed like killer bees on every play.

I'll tell you right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben doesn't get injured in the opener vs the Ravens. I wouldn't be surprised if Ngata has 4 sacks himself!

They will struggle against teams with great pass rushers and great QBs. Ben will be on his back for half the game against the former and the secondary will get lit up against the latter.

WickedSteel
08-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I would just like to ask. What is the Packers' weaknesses and how does it affect their game?

theplatypus
08-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Run and hide the sky is falling

our front office is clueless
they can't even hire decent coaches let alone address the weaknesses that are so obvious too every fan.

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I would just like to ask. What is the Packers' weaknesses and how does it affect their game?

Run defense for one, which we were beginning to seriously exploit in the second half of the Super Bowl. If we wouldn't have gotten into the early hole with the turnovers, we probably would have been able to gash the shit out them on the ground all day long, even with that subpar offensive line. Kinda hard for Rodgers to throw TD passes when he's sitting on the sideline watching the opposing team grind it out. And their running game isn't anything to write home about either, which certainly had a hand in the Steelers almost coming all the way back on them despite their big first half lead. And for as much as people talk about the beating Roethlisberger takes, Rodgers is about one more concussion away from a forced retirement himself. Who's his backup again?

NCBlackWolf
08-13-2011, 06:09 PM
First of all,
Herm Edwards is turning into a caricature. He thinks he is this "over the top", wacko analyst. It is quite annoying to watch on TV.

Secondly,
Pittsburgh O-Line is not good but as mentioned before, it hasn't been good for years. Last year, miracle work was done with the O-line. We lost the Super Bowl and most games last year to shitty DBs, not the O-line.

Third,
No way that of all the teams with the most to worry about, its the Steelers and their O-line? Hell, I worry about the DBs more than the O-line and I watch a heck of alot more Steelers football than Herm Edwards.
What about the QB situation in Washington (notwithstanding last night- Grossman or Beck? C'mon.) or the the Bengals QB situation or the lack of any defense in San Francisco.

Lastly,
Steelers fans have got to be less sensitive about this stuff. I complain about the FO every year but deep down know they know and, more often then not, do what's best for the team. The sky is, indeed, not falling,

PS
Ben has done more damage to himself in the offseason than the O-line have ever done to him.

steelerchad
08-13-2011, 09:19 PM
The fact of the matter is Herm said what would get some attention. Steelers have a huge fanbase and following. Say something about them and you get interest. People may even discuss it on a message board, who knows.
But to say the Steelers Oline is the biggest problem of any team in the NFL, well.... That's just stupid and 3 Super Bowl trips in 6 years with pretty much the same quality O-line says so.

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Don't look now, but the defending champs lost to the Browns. Guess they're in big trouble too.

Danny136200
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Given a completely open-ended question, Herm was asked what
team should be most concerned from everything he has seen so
far. His answer?

The Pgh Steelers and that O-line.

Just what I wanted to hear. We all hoped we were wrong. We hoped
that the front office had a better idea of what they were doing, and we
could trust the OL would be fine, that their lack of addressing the OL,
which missing BOTH best OTs from last year - on a below average OL
to begin with, __with__ Starks and Adams in the line up, was nothing
to worry about. We hoped we were wrong.

Well, we weren't. The OL is a mess. Ben was in for a mere 3 throws and
he already took a hard shot. Did I see him icing his hand on the sidelines?
I believe, it is now safe to say: They aren't addressing the OL because of
arrogance. They hear all the fans and media once again saying the OL
needed help, but they refuse to address it b/c they think they will prove
everyone wrong.

Well, we went to 2 more SB after 1996 in __SPITE__ of the OL not because
of it. We won one. Lost the other. And I fear we will not be to another b/c
they have to prove how they are smarter than everyone and OL is not
something that needs more attention.

Well F--K that.

Ben will be getting killed, his career shortened, and it all could have been
prevented, except they have to prove smarter than every one, just like
they did when they refused to address the QB position, and we suffered
with Jim Miller, Kent Frankengram, Kordell Stew-suck, Mike Tom-pop, et al.

Oh, you say it's only one preseason game? OK. So, do you think our OL
will not be a weak link? Will that be changing any time soon, like by
the regular season? And if so, how? Why? What is going to happen
between now and then? We have ONE good player out of 5 positions.
The rest are average or below average. Good luck with that. I really am
not looking forward to a season where Ben is going to take a record amount
of hits and sacks. It could have been prevented, but our front office is just
too smart to react to the OL. It reminds me when Tomlin was asked after a
draft, "Why didn't you address the OL?" He said, smuggly, "Because there
are other ways to make Ben's job easier than adding O-line man, like
adding play makers instead." (I am paraphrasing here.) Well, the players
taken instead of OL-men are along the lines of Sweed and Spaeth. Excuse
my while I don't buy into that BULL SHIT.

you are dead wrong. If this was back in 2008, I would probably have agreed with you that our OL was the weak link to our team, but the secondary has gotten progressively worse since that magical defensive season (I will always argue that that was one of the best defensive teams of all-time, but that is for another argument).
I do believe that the OL will always look worse than what it is due to how Ben plays, and that is no slight on him, he just takes alot of sacks for trying to make a big play. Ben getting killed is also part his fault for that very same reason.
I do not think it is because of arrogance either; I mean seriously, the play that Ben got sacked, was an overload blitz were there was one extra man free, the Oline did their job, Ben should have thrown it away, IMO.
Is the offensive line good? of course not, but I do think they are a capable bunch, most times.
And one more thing, LOL HERM EDWARDS!!!

Steelers17
08-13-2011, 11:35 PM

“We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality,” Ayn Rand. :tt03:

Phillykeith
08-13-2011, 11:39 PM
I am more worried about the secondary than I am the O-Line...

mizzouristeeler
08-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Wtf herm edwards???? Who cares

Sixburgher
08-13-2011, 11:47 PM
“We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality,” Ayn Rand. :tt03:

Reality: The Steelers have gone to 3 Super Bowls in the last 6 seasons, winning 2 of them, and the offensive line has been a giant question mark for the majority of that time. Care to name a team that's done better over the same time period?

Wallace108
08-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Instead they keep drafting LBs and receivers that rarely work out, save Wallace.

Huh? We keep drafting LBs that rarely work out? You mean like Timmons and Woodley? :huh: And Wallace is the only good receiver we've drafted lately? Have you seen Sanders and Brown play? :noidea:
---------------------------

I disagree with the notion that the Steelers have ignored the O-line and that it's because of arrogance or anything else. The top O-linemen get drafted high in the first round. Sure, players like Pouncey can drop lower, but when they do, it's not like we're the only team targeting them. So it's not always possible to get a top lineman late in the first round.

The Steelers routinely draft in the late 20s and even 30s. There's not a whole lot separating the linemen that are available at that position compared with those who you can get in later rounds. Why waste a first-round pick on a lineman when you can get the same quality of player in the second or third round?

And they have drafted linemen in later rounds ... it's not like they're not even trying. But the draft isn't an exact science. You win some, and you lose some.

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll win only 2 or 3 games this season and then we can draft one of the top linemen in next year's draft. :thumbsup:

Steelersfan87
08-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Maybe if we're lucky, we'll win only 2 or 3 games this season and then we can draft one of the top linemen in next year's draft. :thumbsup:

One can only hope...

Wallace108
08-14-2011, 12:45 AM
One can only hope...

I think there are a few here who would actually be happy to see the Steelers go in the tank. Then they could spend the whole offseason bragging about how they were right, and the front office has no idea what it's doing. :coffee:

theplatypus
08-14-2011, 04:55 AM
It just dawned on me that we;re discussing something that Thumper is claiming as fact without providing any evidence to back it up. Given his propensity to stretch the truth, grasp at straws , and flat out lie we should probably be asking for a source.

kirklandrules
08-14-2011, 05:16 AM
I think there are a few here who would actually be happy to see the Steelers go in the tank. Then they could spend the whole offseason bragging about how they were right, and the front office has no idea what it's doing. :coffee:

Unfortunately, the Steelers will have another good year. But that won't stop the ridiculous comments in the media and posts on this site. Herm Edwards must have fried his brains on crystal meth, I swear. He says the dumbest sh!t and I'm always surprised to see him still drawing a paycheck for spewing such thoughtless crap.

How about this for an answer to the team with the most to worry about: "Cincy (or substitute Cleveland if you want) ... because they suck as far as talent, coaching, FO and ownership ... they typify the term LOSER ... they have a major failure streak going with no end in sight ... if I were a fan of the bungholes, I'd renounce football and take up knitting quilts as a way to spend my Sunday afternoons.". Or "The Ravens, because the Steelers own them. Watching Flacco walk off the field after one of their games is like watching a new fish walk out of the showers in a max security prison ... you know he got raped and will get it again tomorrow.".

I don't mind that Edwards decided to pick on the Steelers. He could have said Super Bowl losers tend to fall apart the following season ... fair enough. But the Steelers haven't had an offensive line since the days Hartings, Faneca, and Smith played together ... yet they've been one of the most dominate teams during that period.

solardave
08-14-2011, 05:22 AM

Maybe you should go to the Packers board for that answer. :wink02:

One preseason game and the o-line woes are starting again. Hell. we could easily (based on what I saw) say we can't stop the run. Our first team D is horrific! Why bother watching any games this year, cause we're gonna loose them all!!!

So we look terrible the first preseason game. If we come out game one and the o-line is getting Ben killed I'll jump right in bitchin' too but for right now let's see how this thing unfolds.

Rick5895
08-14-2011, 05:51 AM

Go ask the Packers fans, since they lost to Cleveland in their first preseason game That will obiously be a harbinger of things to come for them too.

OH BTW, that was a bit of sarcasm in case you doomsayers missed it!!

:tt04:

3rdandlong
08-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Rararararaaararararaa. There were some concerns I the first preseason game. But let's not get carried away. Time and time again history shows that preseason is no indication of how well a team will do during the regular season

solardave
08-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Don't look now, but the defending champs lost to the Browns. Guess they're in big trouble too.

NO NO NO. The Browns really are that good.:wink02: We need to really start worrying now.

solardave
08-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Huh? We keep drafting LBs that rarely work out? You mean like Timmons and Woodley? :huh: And Wallace is the only good receiver we've drafted lately? Have you seen Sanders and Brown play? :noidea:
---------------------------

I disagree with the notion that the Steelers have ignored the O-line and that it's because of arrogance or anything else. The top O-linemen get drafted high in the first round. Sure, players like Pouncey can drop lower, but when they do, it's not like we're the only team targeting them. So it's not always possible to get a top lineman late in the first round.

The Steelers routinely draft in the late 20s and even 30s. There's not a whole lot separating the linemen that are available at that position compared with those who you can get in later rounds. Why waste a first-round pick on a lineman when you can get the same quality of player in the second or third round?

And they have drafted linemen in later rounds ... it's not like they're not even trying. But the draft isn't an exact science. You win some, and you lose some.

Nicely put. You're right. I agree it's hard to get quality O-lineman late. And your last sentence hits it right on the head. We need to lose more games so we'll get better draft picks. Also let's spend a boatload in FA so we can win more games.Trade up in the draft. Give all of our picks away for a shot at a quality o-lineman.(You know. Like Pouncey or something). I mean the FO has managed to put us in the position to go 2-1
in SB's in the last 6 years.

Curtain_of_Steel
08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Whose is this guy Herman? Wasn't he on that show with Grandpa.?

1 game, in for 1 series, who cares. Ben will adapt and once it starts scramblking it will be fine.

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2011, 11:28 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070423204303/uncyclopedia/images/c/c4/Herm1.jpg
http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/01/29/herman_edwards_medium.jpg

tanda10506
08-14-2011, 11:43 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Edwards#Head_coaching_record

^^^This guy thinks he's worthy of analyzing our Steelers! The excellent coach who managed to come in last place in the AFC West?? Our O line won more playoff games last year then he won in his career! :screwy:

LVSteelersfan
08-14-2011, 01:32 PM
What a load of crap. New O-lines need a little time to gel. It won't happen overnight. And the starting O-line was in for about a minute. This is what preseason games are for. Anyone who takes any stock in what happens in preseason (especially game 1) has no idea whatsoever how things work. Vanilla defense. First team offense in for one series. The sky is not falling. Things will be better than some of you seem to think. I foresee Adams being brought back if he is still out there. To say that the Steelers have ignored the Oline is just stupid. How many quality O-linemen do you all think are actually out there every year? I would say the idea that the Olinemen they have been grooming for the past several years will step up and Pouncey is one of the best centers in the NFL.

thumper
08-14-2011, 01:54 PM
The fact of the matter is Herm said what would get some attention. Steelers have a huge fanbase and following. Say something about them and you get interest. People may even discuss it on a message board, who knows.
But to say the Steelers Oline is the biggest problem of any team in the NFL, well.... That's just stupid and 3 Super Bowl trips in 6 years with pretty much the same quality O-line says so.

Made it in SPITE of OL, not because of it. Please. Get real

theplatypus
08-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Made it in SPITE of OL, not because of it. Please. Get real

And in SPITE of having a front office that's cheap

and in SPITE of the front office being stupid

and in SPITE of having a coach that isn't capable of preparing the team

and in SPITE of Arians, because every Steeler fan know's he sucks

and in SPITE of having crappy cornerbacks

Please, get real

SteelCityMom
08-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I looked at those all real quick and thought they all said SPRITE.

Got pretty thirsty there for a second.

ricardisimo
08-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Mmmm... lymon. :yummy:

Fire Arians
08-14-2011, 04:36 PM
YOU PLAYYYY TOO WINNN THE GAAAAAAAAME! HELLO?

thumper
08-14-2011, 05:58 PM
And in SPITE of having a front office that's cheap

and in SPITE of the front office being stupid

and in SPITE of having a coach that isn't capable of preparing the team

and in SPITE of Arians, because every Steeler fan know's he sucks

and in SPITE of having crappy cornerbacks

Please, get real

Are you talking to yourself?

Fire Arians
08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Tony Hills is reportedly getting the next start at RG, and looking better at the position than Chris Scott.

Steel Peon
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
And I hate when people freak out over one f.ucking preseason game and declare the season practically over before it's begun. The offensive line is a concern. No shit, Sherlock. It's been a concern for five damn years now.
And here I thought I'd never agree with you on anything........+1

MAC
08-15-2011, 11:52 AM
How many meaningful games have been played this year? Oh, thats right...none. I'm a Raven's fan and even I can say that I wouldn't be too concerned about your offensive line or secondary. Last time I checked your team won the division with the same corps of guys. Moreover, my beloved Raven's have the same problems...garbage line and even weaker corners. As much as I hate saying this; the Raven's should win the division but won't. We will be too busy stumbling on our own feet to be worried about aspirations for winning the division. As far as the other 2 teams; they're from Ohio...enough said! So, with one preseason game under your belt lets not panic about the steeler's offensive line or secondary. Taking advice from Herm Edwards is like taking directions from a blind person.

:chuckle:

steelcity1974
08-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I tend to agree with the original post. Especially the part about Ben's career and how it will be shortened because of the hits. True, not all OL fault...a lot goes on Ben himself. And some has to go on Arians for not calling plays with shorter WR routes for quick release or more play action roll outs. Adding Pouncey was huge, so you can't say the organization isn't trying. But the other cast of characters just isn't working. Not because of one preseason game...we have much more tape to show it goes way beyond that.

stiller39
08-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Herm edwards never won anything and he's most concerned about the line that got us to the bowl. Our organization makes decisions but there are always those who think they know more.... ok then.

cloppbeast
08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
First of all: hilarious you cited Herm Edwards of all people to "prove" your point. Herm Edwards is an ordained moron, and you know it. Tomorrow, you'll cry about some idiotic thing he says.

Why don't we just wait until the line plays a meaningful game there, sparky? No reason to blow a load in your pants.

Secondly, you trully sound like a teenage brat who complains because the BMW his parents bought him didn't have leather seats. C'mon, man. You're a Steelers fan, stop acting like a brat. Perhaps Colbert hasn't put together the best offensive line this season; may be he's never put together a great offensive line; but he has put together 2 Super Bowl winning teams, which means he's doing something right. I'd say he's doing a pretty good job over all.

Stop bitching......whenever you want to start complaining about Colbert, imagine being a Browns fan. :banging: Count your blessings.

And Thirdly, and most importantly, it's the first PRESEASON game. Enough said.

DJJorel
08-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes, I'm concerned about the OLine and Secondary. Yes, apparently the starting defense is the oldest in the NFL..

But the front office has made the right moves over the years to keep the team winning. How they do it is beyond me, especially with a hard salary cap in place. Draft picks are always hit or miss, and they have had quite a few more hits than most teams. Plus, the Steelers seem continue to be successful on building in the draft and rewarding those that perform...

So for the OLine, I really hope that they pan out, but the Steelers have won a SB with a shaky OLine at best. Plus, Pouncey is a great center to build an OLine around. The defense might be old, so they were probably one of the oldest units last season. But they allows 63 yards rushing last year, so they can all be 40+ for all I care. As for draft picks? Well, they have a pretty damn good recieving corps because of the Sanders and Brown. Ziggy Hood looks great, and there is a lot of good talent behind the starters on defense...

pancake
08-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Tony Hills is reportedly getting the next start at RG, and looking better at the position than Chris Scott.

Robert Gallery was awful at tackle and has done well at guard, maybe Tony can do the same...

MDSteel15
08-16-2011, 08:15 AM
The problem, in a nutshell, is people want a damn all pro at every position. Well, thanks to the salary cap it's not going to happen. Every team has weaknesses. Ours happens to be the offensive line and the defensive secondary. Want an all pro offensive line? Then be prepared to sacrifice that all world linebacking corps.

Hey now let's not get crazy! Stay away from our LBs bud!

ebsteelers
08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
jets didnt look so great last night either guess they are going 0 -16 also...

so right off the bat based off one preseason game.. steelers, ravens, jets are all going 0-16..

shyt might as well just but the pats vs. the rams in the super bowl... because those teams just completely wrecked shyt in week 1 of the PRE-season..or maybe let the lions and bucs play for 3rd cause they looked SWEETT in Week 1- PRE-season

why even play thisseason???

o wait thats right it is only PRE-season WEEK 1