PDA

View Full Version : Steelers activate Kemoeatu, welcome Cotchery

fer522
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Sunday, August 14, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers have activated starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu from the physically unable to perform list and he is expected to join the team for practice today at St. Vincent College.

Also, the team placed defensive end Sunny Harris on the waived/injured list after he injured his foot in Friday night's preseason game against the Washington Redskins.

The Steelers had to make a roster move to make room for new wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who joined the team today and officially signed a one-year contract.

"That's exactly why I came here -- to play for a Super Bowl contender," said Cotchery, who played eight seasons with the New York Jets. "And the atmosphere. The way they handle their guys over here, it's something I need at this time. It's the best atmosphere for me to thrive in as a player and as a person."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11226/1167377-100.stm#ixzz1V3qJJVDB

tanda10506
08-15-2011, 03:14 PM
So is Kemo starting this season?

I'm looking forward to seeing Cotchery. There is a lot of mixed opinions on how he will affect the team, but I think it's bigger then what most people expect. Ben is always running for his life it seems like and having another receiver that can get open is huge. We have a lot of plays where nothing happens because somebody isn't open, I think half of those plays will turn into something now. Between Brown playing the way he is so far and how well he left off last season and adding Cotchery, we might have a really good offense. You know, one that doesn't always rely on the defense to bail them out or that only plays one half. The only thing that worries me is the back situation, but at a #3 or #4 receiver I don't think it will be a problem.