PDA

View Full Version : best dope smoking NFL players

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 03:48 PM
im thinking its a tie between robert smith (vikings rb) and michael irvin. mark stepnowski is another pothead. and of course rashan saalam was a flop. who were some other descent potheads in the nfl?

boLT fan
05-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Terrell Owens

Well i'd at least hope he's smoking something. If he's not he has problems...

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 04:06 PM
i think t.o. just has problems. as far as health and fitness you gotta think hes about as pure as it gets.

Hines86Ward
05-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Irvin already owns the award....

2005 Darryl Strawberry "Pookie" Award Goes To Michael Irvin
Published on: November 28, 2005
by Leon LePhonso Ellis
Sports

DALLAS (AP) -- Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was named the 2005 recipient of the prestigious Darryl Strawberry "Pookie" Award for Crackhead Achievement. The annoncement was made after Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Plano police officers searched his vehicle during a traffic stop and found a crack pipe.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press late Sunday that the pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who borrowed his car to hang out with Bobby Brown for the night. Irvin refused to name his friend because he "Ain't no damn snitch."

Irvin said he put the pipe in his car because he didn't want it in his house where his wife might smoke up all of his stash. He said he planned to drive somewhere the next day, like a grocery trash bin, then stand behind it and get high one last time before throwing it away for good.

"It's a situation that is not as it seemed," said Irvin, whose voice was choked with emotion during the telephone conversation.

"I told you...I'm off that shit. I don't do that no more. Look at my knuckles! I don't have crackhead knuckles anymore. They ain't even ashy. This won't hold up in court. I'm a rich nigga. I got lawyers, you beat-walking mother****er!"

Irvin was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Friday afternoon for speeding in Plano. Irvin said he thought he had paid the outstanding ticket, when in actuality, his anonymous houseguest tried to smoke it.

Irvin paid a fine on the speeding ticket and posted bond on the drug paraphernalia possession charge. He was released about an hour after he was pulled over. At which time, Darryl Strawberry, himself leaving the holding cell, awarded him the legendary Golden Crackhead synonomous with the "Pookie" Award.

Irvin was a member of three Super Bowl championship teams with the Cowboys. Asked how this award stacked up to all of those Super Bowl rings, Irvin said "It is no comparison. This is the culmination of a decade's worth of rock smoking and sniffing that white stuff. All the while, I've maintained high-paying jobs in the spotlight. Let's see you top that, Bobby and Whitney!"

"The Hall of Fame means such a great deal for me, and hopefully one day it will be there," Irvin said. "But my Pookie Award and my family mean a little more. I would rather have them, even if it hurts that."

In 1996, Irvin pleaded no contest to felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years of deferred probation, a $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges. Irvin said Sunday he's always been transparent and open about his issues in the past, and now wants to slap slobber out the next reporter who asks him about a drug problem.

Irvin holds Cowboys records for catches (750), receiving yards (11,904) tacky suits (374) and 100-yard games (47), including a team-record seven in a row in 1991.

ESPN said it has spoken to Irvin, who will still appear on the network Monday as an analyst.

"We've talked to Michael, who explained the situation to us the way he did to the AP, and we will continue to talk with Michael," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said. "But as long as he's not high while he's in the studio, that's his business. I know one thing, he better not be pawning ESPN stuff trying to support his habit. Stuart Scott said he's ready to beat Mike's ass if his favorite chair comes up missing."

Koopa
05-28-2006, 05:38 PM
randy moss is a very good wr

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 07:47 PM
im thinking its a tie between robert smith (vikings rb) and michael irvin. mark stepnowski is another pothead. and of course rashan saalam was a flop. who were some other descent potheads in the nfl?

You are WAY off on Robert Smith. Onterio Smith is who you are thinking of, I think. Robert Smith (OSU alum) was probably one of the most intelligent players to ever play the game of football. The dude studied astrophysics...as a HOBBY! Anyway, he retired after just a few years because he wanted to protect his health. If he'd have played for 12 years, he'd have some NFL records. Anyway, one of the classiest guys to ever play the game.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_8_225/ai_70926958

BB2W
05-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Ricky Williams is the captain on the All-Dope Smokin Team...

Ambridge
05-28-2006, 08:00 PM
You are WAY off on Robert Smith. Onterio Smith is who you are thinking of, I think. Robert Smith (OSU alum) was probably one of the most intelligent players to ever play the game of football. The dude studied astrophysics...as a HOBBY! Anyway, he retired after just a few years because he wanted to protect his health. If he'd have played for 12 years, he'd have some NFL records. Anyway, one of the classiest guys to ever play the game.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_8_225/ai_70926958

Robert Smith is also an arrogant ass.
I believe he said something along the lines that many of his ex-Minnesota team-mates
were uneducated and unsophisticated people and that he didn't enjoy being around the majority of the time.

That sure smacks of looking down at people from a pedestal.

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_8_225/ai_70926958thats all great, and all stuff i already recognize. he wanted (maybe still wants) to go to med school and couldve easilly been accepted. nevertheless he is a self admitted pot smoker. maybe you are way off. just cause one has smoked pot doesnt mean they are incapable of contributing and being a productive part of society. i know plenty of doctors and lawyers (and even local politicians on the state level) who have proven as much

Koopa
05-28-2006, 08:10 PM
thats all great, and all stuff i already recognize. he wanted (maybe still wants) to go to med school and couldve easilly been accepted. nevertheless he is a self admitted pot smoker. maybe you are way off.

no no, he's a OSU player HE IS GOD!! (just messing around no one catch feelings)

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I'd like to see some evidence...surely if he's a self-admitted dope smoker, you have a link to a legitimate source, right?

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
no no, he's a OSU player HE IS GOD!! (just messing around no one catch feelings)

LOL...I know you are still upset because Vince Young can't even spell "Intelligence test", let alone score higher than a 6 on one, but it's all good.

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 08:27 PM
since i knew you wouldnt take my word for it (i heard it out of his OWN mouth on the jim rome show) check it out for yourself. this is just the 1st site i clicked on in a quick google search. i havent read his book but i dont know if you would even believe that:

http://www.veryimportantpotheads.com/site/NOTES.htm

ROBERT SMITH
Athlete/Author/Broadcaster

Former Minnesota Viking running back Robert Smith reportedly lost his broadcasting gig with NFL network after publicly admitting that he smoked marijuana while playing for the league during the discussion of a similar admission by Randy Moss. He later showed up on ESPN, covering college ball.

The well respected, well spoken Smith voluntarily skipped his sophomore year at Ohio State for academic reasons and counts among his interests astronomy, history, philosophy, chemistry, piano, the arts, computers and military science. He retired in 2004 and wrote a book.

Smith, who finished second in the NFL in rushing in 2000, twice averaged better than five yards per carry from 1997 to 2000. The Vikings have had a 1,000-yard rusher just once in the four seasons since his retirement, and Minnesota was 18th in NFL rushing offense last season with 113.9 yards per game. The team had a scandalous 2005 off the field by attending a wild boat party with lots of liquor and strippers.

like it or not he retired for the same reason r. williams did. sorry if ive ruined a perception. and you may have me on my initial word of mouth source. it is possible i heard him discuss the subject on the dan patrick show. dont matter. i know what i know.

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:33 PM
That's it? He admitted he smoked some dope a few times. Hell, I only know one or two people who HAVEN'T smoked dope a couple times. If a person smokes a few cigarettes over the course of their life, do you consider them a smoker?

Ridiculous.

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 08:46 PM
re-read the title of the thread. smoking dope qualifies you as dope smoking. (where does the confusion lie?) some people have NEVER done it. bill clinton and robert smith are not some of those people.

anyways you saw your evidence and i most definitely wasnt way off.

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
You better expand your list of "Best dope smoking NFL players" to include about 70% of the players.

I also am pretty sure that 47% of all Americans wouldn't be so happy about your label.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/scorecard/news/2002/12/03/sc/

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Or, we could just correct the original mistake that you made (since I'm SURE you were talking about Onterrio Smith).

http://www.onterriosmith.com/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7816844
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2057990
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/429936.html
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_139134656.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S15811.html?cat=1

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 09:02 PM
no, i wasnt talking about onterrio smith. (much too obvious of a choice, but feel free to add him to the list if you wish) no need to be so defensive. robert smith has smoked pot. he admitted it. i knew this. sorry you didnt.

i wouldnt consider o. smith as one of the best in the league to smoke pot anyways. again, read the initial post in the thread. its just a game dude.

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Okay. Whatever. You win. Robert Smth smoked dope a couple times 10 years ago, and Onterrio smoked dope probably every day for the last 10 years and became famous for the "whizzinator", but he's "too obvious", unlike those cleverly stealthy drug users like Mike Irvin from your original post, who, we all know, never smoked any dope or did any coke or had any hookers in his hotel room why he did it...twice...and never just recently was found with a crack pipe in his car.

That would be too obvious and topical.

No, you were obviously going for the "obscure angle" of ex-players who retired 4 years ago who had mediocre careers only remembered by ex-fans.

My bad...

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 09:23 PM
the initial point of the post was to name known players in the nfl who are known to smoke pot. rickey williams is stigmatized. i dont know the daily consumption of marijuana intake between o. smith or r. smith. appearantly you do. whos to say o. smith didnt have a fake penis to mask one night of marijuana smoking like r. smith on one of the few times he did it. (i highly doubt that claim)

bill clinton said he didnt inhale. does anyone believe that? hell no! point of my post was to show the point that you just made. lots of players (and good players) have smoked pot. that dont make them bad people. weve got a descent list of pot smoking players going. anyone know of any more?

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Randomly pick 10 players who are active in the NFL right now...I bet 9 of them have smoked dope, and, since you say "once a smoker, always a smoker", they are all potheads...

Koopa
05-28-2006, 09:38 PM
LOL...I know you are still upset because Vince Young can't even spell "Intelligence test", let alone score higher than a 6 on one, but it's all good.

i didn't know football involved spelling, so no, i was never upset about that, at least he ain't a pot head, and ain't getting arrested like our new dude holmes (who i can't wait to is out on the field in a steelers jersey cause that osu jersey was shit lol)

tony hipchest
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Randomly pick 10 players who are active in the NFL right now...I bet 9 of them have smoked dope, and, since you say "once a smoker, always a smoker", they are all potheads... i can see where that misquote might help you prove your point, but it is a bit unfair, putting words into my mouth, taking what i say out of context

when what you really meant to quote was:

"smoking dope qualifies you as dope smoking." that is my direct quote (again check the thread) pretty shitty tactic to misrepresent me in such a way though.

way to twist my words though so you can feel you came out on top. really this is pointless. if you wanna "win" so bad you got it. im not expecting any rings or trophies.

anyone else know of any pot smoking NFL players? (rickey williams and onterrio smith arent the only ones)

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 09:42 PM
i didn't know football involved spelling

Let's put it this way. If Vince Young was the QB of the 1970's Steelers, and had to call his own plays (like Terry Bradshaw did, and HE was considered stupid), the Steelers win ZERO Super Bowls.

Smarts count. Mike Vick proves it.

Koopa
05-28-2006, 09:42 PM
since i knew you wouldnt take my word for it (i heard it out of his OWN mouth on the jim rome show) check it out for yourself. this is just the 1st site i clicked on in a quick google search. i havent read his book but i dont know if you would even believe that:

http://www.veryimportantpotheads.com/site/NOTES.htm

ROBERT SMITH
Athlete/Author/Broadcaster

Former Minnesota Viking running back Robert Smith reportedly lost his broadcasting gig with NFL network after publicly admitting that he smoked marijuana while playing for the league during the discussion of a similar admission by Randy Moss. He later showed up on ESPN, covering college ball.

The well respected, well spoken Smith voluntarily skipped his sophomore year at Ohio State for academic reasons and counts among his interests astronomy, history, philosophy, chemistry, piano, the arts, computers and military science. He retired in 2004 and wrote a book.

Smith, who finished second in the NFL in rushing in 2000, twice averaged better than five yards per carry from 1997 to 2000. The Vikings have had a 1,000-yard rusher just once in the four seasons since his retirement, and Minnesota was 18th in NFL rushing offense last season with 113.9 yards per game. The team had a scandalous 2005 off the field by attending a wild boat party with lots of liquor and strippers.

like it or not he retired for the same reason r. williams did. sorry if ive ruined a perception. and you may have me on my initial word of mouth source. it is possible i heard him discuss the subject on the dan patrick show. dont matter. i know what i know.

damn he couldn't even pass at osu, my boy vince young went to ut and passed every class

Koopa
05-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Let's put it this way. If Vince Young was the QB of the 1970's Steelers, and had to call his own plays (like Terry Bradshaw did, and HE was considered stupid), the Steelers win ZERO Super Bowls.

Smarts count. Mike Vick proves it.

well last i checked this is 2006 so 1970 doesn't matter........hell i wasn't even born in the 70's, so imo that's stupid to bring up. like saying barry bonds wouldn't hit when ever the f'k babe ruth played ball

Koopa
05-28-2006, 09:45 PM
That's it? He admitted he smoked some dope a few times. Hell, I only know one or two people who HAVEN'T smoked dope a couple times. If a person smokes a few cigarettes over the course of their life, do you consider them a smoker?

Ridiculous.

lmao @ you trying to justify him smoking weed, any other player he would've been talked down on by you

Suitanim
05-28-2006, 09:55 PM
You need to stop and read...Robert Smith took a year off because he was pissed off at John Cooper because Cooper was downgrading the education part of college football, something Smith considered MOST important.

Vince Young, most likely, never attended a class, let alone passed a test.

Dope smoking a few times as "criminal" is a retarded argument, but, if you look back, you'll see that I didn't post this thread, just commented in it.

SteelCityMan786
05-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Terrell Owens

Well i'd at least hope he's smoking something. If he's not he has problems...

He's on weed:sofunny:

BB2W
05-28-2006, 10:19 PM
I've smoked pot. :busted:

Livinginthe past
05-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Im guessing that Robert Smith would indeed be the starting RB on this fantasy potsmokers team.

Ricky W would be a more than useful backup.

And Jamal lewis as the number 3.

If we need a DE we could have Shawn King, formerly of the Colts and the Panthers.

WR's will include Muhsin Muhammad, who was caught in 2002 with weed and a concealed weapon.

We are light at QB where the starter will be Todd Marinovich, who earned the nickname Todd Marijuanavich, for getting busted in 1998 for actually growing the stuff!

His back up will be Marcus Vick.

On the D-Line we have Warren Sapp, who got busted for a positive test whilst at Miami uni.

The DB division will feature Chris McAlister of the hated ratbirds who was busted for possession.

For the rest of the dream team :

http://cannabisnews.com/news/19/thread19260.shtml

NM
NM

Lyn
05-28-2006, 11:30 PM
I've smoked pot. :busted:

Even I have smoked Pot. I did it one time. I kept waiting for bugs to crawl out of the walls or something. It did nothing for me, but I had to "try it" just like everyone else.

Koopa
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
damn pot heads lol................i got asked last weekend but i turned it down. so i have yet to try it and probably never will

tony hipchest
05-29-2006, 12:13 AM
damn pot heads lol................i got asked last weekend but i turned it down. so i have yet to try it and probably never willif you havent at this point in your life then dont even bother. ive poked smot as well. it doesnt make you scum and like lyn said id doesnt make bugs crawl out of the walls. its more than a cigarette but less than alcohol. but its a young and immature thing most do as a recreation. ultimately it is illegal and the reward is not worth the risk if you have actual goals youre in pursuit of

it just gets to me that rickey williams is bastardized for doing something many people do (or have done) but yet someone like robert smith is portrayed as being a saint while doing the exact same thing. not getting caught by the nfl is the only difference, even though the reason for robert smiths early retirement is probably the same as r. williams (in principal); notice how smith is yet to become a doctor?

Koopa
05-29-2006, 02:11 AM
if you havent at this point in your life then dont even bother. ive poked smot as well. it doesnt make you scum and like lyn said id doesnt make bugs crawl out of the walls. its more than a cigarette but less than alcohol. but its a young and immature thing most do as a recreation. ultimately it is illegal and the reward is not worth the risk if you have actual goals youre in pursuit of

it just gets to me that rickey williams is bastardized for doing something many people do (or have done) but yet someone like robert smith is portrayed as being a saint while doing the exact same thing. not getting caught by the nfl is the only difference, even though the reason for robert smiths early retirement is probably the same as r. williams (in principal); notice how smith is yet to become a doctor?

it's because like i said, he went to osu HE IS GOD!!! lol

Ohio Steeler
05-29-2006, 05:18 AM
Ricky Williams

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Prohibition/Drug%20Information/Marijuana/Graphics/hashish-smoker.jpg

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 08:53 AM
it's because like i said, he went to osu HE IS GOD!!! lol

You got it...if you unjustly attack one of the players on my favorite college football team, you damned well better be able to back your shit up.

This has nothing to do with "coming out on top" and everything to do with defending a brilliant and classy football player.

NJarhead
05-30-2006, 02:05 PM

Does it have to be POT?

If not I elect the REAL LT: Lawrence Taylor.

Otherwise, who knows what Bam Morris could've achieved had he put away his pipe (and several lbs of weed) for a few years.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 02:25 PM
might as well add those who dabbled in the ayo to the list. its fair to assume if someones snorting the nose candy theyve probably atleast burned the ganja recreationally.

l. taylor has got to top the list
chris carter
hollywood henderson
sb mvp timmy smith
and theres always the unsubstantiated rumors that dan marino liked to party in college.

speaking of bam morris, cant forget nate newton

NJarhead
05-30-2006, 02:30 PM
might as well add those who dabbled in the ayo to the list. its fair to assume if someones snorting the nose candy theyve probably atleast burned the ganja recreationally.

l. taylor has got to top the list
chris carter
hollywood henderson
sb mvp timmy smith
and theres always the unsubstantiated rumors that dan marino liked to party in college.

speaking of bam morris, cant forget nate newton

Cris Carter! Definitely one of the best. It should also be noted that he cleaned himself up really well.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Cris Carter! Definitely one of the best. It should also be noted that he cleaned himself up really well.i think hes better than michael irvin despite no rings

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 08:30 PM
This thread seems to me, in retrospect, and after digging around a little into past great players who have admitted smoking dope, a bit of a Pandora's Box.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
This thread seems to me, in retrospect, and after digging around a little into past great players who have admitted smoking dope, a bit of a Pandora's Box.of course it is. dont think its some agenda against OSU players. unbeknownst to you, i happen to feel EXACTLY the same about robert smith as you do. (i actually respect him more for what he admitted)

while everyone is blasting r. williams lets not forget those who paved the way before him. sure, what he has done is stupid, irresponsible and most definitely ILLEGAL but so is buying a pack of smokes before the age of 18, or drinking a brew before 21.

funny thing about rickey williams being such a horrible person and athelete (never affected his preformance on the field) for doing something illegal, is that in some states sodomy and receiving fellatio is against the law. maybe the nfl should monitor that and start handing out supensions.

MattsMe
05-30-2006, 10:56 PM
in some states sodomy and receiving fellatio is against the law. maybe the nfl should monitor that and start handing out supensions.

But what would the Patriots do without their quarterback???

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 11:05 PM
But what would the Patriots do without their quarterback???

hire barbaro (as long as belichick was still the coach)

MattsMe
05-31-2006, 02:09 AM
hire barbaro (as long as belichick was still the coach)

Wouldn't work, Barbaro is the one doing the sodomizing and getting the fellatio.

NJarhead
05-31-2006, 09:11 AM
i think hes better than michael irvin despite no rings

Absolutely. I love watching Cris Carter highlights. With regards to talent I think he's right there with Jerry Rice (personal opinion).

Santonio4
06-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Ricky.........thats all i have to say

tony hipchest
06-01-2006, 01:18 PM
not that hes the best at anything he is rickeys new teammate:

Quote of the Week I
"It gives me a reason to get up every morning, not just turn to the bottle or smoke weed all day, just throw away my life.''
--Toronto Argonauts wide receiver R. Jay Soward, the former top pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who flunked out of the NFL due to substance abuse, to The New York Times.

Soward has five children. He admits he's an alcoholic. He makes $50,000 a year for the Argos.

tony hipchest
06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
robert smith (8yrs)-

1,411 att
6,818 yds
4.8 ypc
32 tds

178 rec
1,292 yds
6 td

ricky williams (10 yrs and counting)-
2,164 att.
8,892 yds.
62 tds.

310 rec.
2,382 yds.
7 tds.

williams >>>> smith (beneficiary of moss and retired rather than serving a suspension and enduring embarrassment)

i guess we can add santonio holmes to this list along with chris carter, joey galloway, terry glenn (but not ted ginn... he sucks and is a bust).