PDA

View Full Version : RB John Clay almost quit during practice

Deserei90
08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
According to Ed Bouchette & Mark Kaboly Via Twitter. John Clay walked off the field claiming to quit. http://t.co/vE5flP6 No one knows why yet........

Either way you look at it, This is going to hurt his chances. Stupid move if you ask me.

NCBlackWolf
08-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Mark Karboly tweeted a little bit ago that John Clay walked off the practice field and had to be talked out of quitting by a trainer...

Limas didn't even suit up. I guess he is done, too.

edit... moderateor..please merge with other post; we posted at the same time

StainlessStill
08-15-2011, 06:03 PM
BYE BYE. To play in this league, not only do you have to be at the PEAK of your physical performance, but also mentally.

Could you of imagined this guy on the last drive of the Super Bowl? What was he going to do? Walk off the field?

Deserei90
08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
BYE BYE. To play in this league, not only do you have to be at the PEAK of your physical performance, but also mentally.

Could you of imagined this guy on the last drive of the Super Bowl? What was he going to do? Walk off the field?
Ugh, I would hate to see that lol. I'm sorry, but he don't fit with us if he wants to quit like that.

Steelersfan87
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
John Clay never had a chance to begin with. He was the 6th running back at best before Batch went down. His chance opened up to nab a spot on the practice squad after Batch got injured, but he may have just thrown that away anyway. He's really shown nothing and I don't understand why some people are pulling for him this year. Maybe he shows something next year, but he serves no purpose for the team in 11-12.

55BaileyFan
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I bet Jonathan Dwyer is STOKED right now. Clay just saved his spot for him.

Wallabeast17
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Eh who cares! Let him walk! We don't need anyone with a selfish attitude like that!

Fire Arians
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
he wasn't gonna make the team anyway, good riddance

3rdandlong
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Fine. If Dwyer wants to quit, than release him. What was he thinking? It's not like we need him. We have a good combination in Mendenhall and Isaac. Moore and Dwyer can also help out

stb_steeler
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
He prolly knows he's a goner when the cuts come anyhow....Cya! your not Steeler material anyway. :smack:

Atlanta Dan
08-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I bet Jonathan Dwyer is STOKED right now. Clay just saved his spot for him.

Dwyer presumably will order the entire menu at some local diner to celebrate

mizzouristeeler
08-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Dwyer presumably will order the entire menu at some local diner to celebrate

Lol:rofl:

DanRooney
08-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Mark Karboly tweeted a little bit ago that John Clay walked off the practice field and had to be talked out of quitting by a trainer...

Limas didn't even suit up. I guess he is done, too.

edit... moderateor..please merge with other post; we posted at the same time

Limas had a good practice on Sunday. He might of tweaked his shoulder again.

ebsteelers
08-16-2011, 09:05 AM
clay isnt getting away from anyone with that 4.8 speed... john "dog poop in my draws" clay can retire if thats what he wants to do... does he still have that dumb hair cut?

for some guys its hard to go from big time back in college to 8th string in the pros.

MDSteel15
08-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Fine. If Dwyer wants to quit, than release him. What was he thinking? It's not like we need him. We have a good combination in Mendenhall and Isaac. Moore and Dwyer can also help out

huh???:doh:

Kingmagyar
08-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Inside Scoop:

He just had to go #2 real bad after eating a bunch of wings at Dino's The night before.

Fire Arians
08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Limas had a good practice on Sunday. He might of tweaked his shoulder again.

i hope he can get some work in this thursday, i still have hope that limas will pull through. granted i think the highest spot he will win is the #4 wr spot, but considering how often arians likes the 4-wide, that's a lot of playing time and opportunity

ebsteelers
08-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Inside Scoop:

He just had to go #2 real bad after eating a bunch of wings at Dino's The night before.

haha when you get dookie butt, practice just has to wait lol..

Fire Arians
08-16-2011, 01:40 PM
haha when you get dookie butt, practice just has to wait lol..

i always wondered what would happen if it's like late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line but you also have to take a crap real bad lol. take one for the team or nature calls and run to the bathroom?

ebsteelers
08-16-2011, 02:40 PM
i always wondered what would happen if it's like late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line but you also have to take a crap real bad lol. take one for the team or nature calls and run to the bathroom?

lol ummmmmm... its funny i played football from the time i was 5 up till last year (22) when i graduated college, and i know that it never happened to me lol..

lol the logical answer is play through and dump yourself.

its gotta have happened to someone

Fire Arians
08-16-2011, 02:54 PM
lol ummmmmm... its funny i played football from the time i was 5 up till last year (22) when i graduated college, and i know that it never happened to me lol..

haha yeah hasn't happened to me while i was in the middle of an event. once i had to forfeit a wrestling match because i was stuck on the toilet and couldnt get out on the mat on time rofl. but it's not like i had to go after the match was already on.

then again that's in a 6 minute window, compared to 3 hours. suppose there's halftime tho :chuckle:

kirklandrules
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
i hope he can get some work in this thursday, i still have hope that limas will pull through. granted i think the highest spot he will win is the #4 wr spot, but considering how often arians likes the 4-wide, that's a lot of playing time and opportunity

Best he can hope for is the 5th or 6th spot. He has no shot at the #4 receiver. I hope he can do it as he has a ton of talent, but it just hasn't gone his way.

kirklandrules
08-16-2011, 03:28 PM

I didn't dump myself, but went from the opening stretches to halftime holding back a Niagara Falls of mudbutt. We were the visiting team and that worked against me. When I approached my coach during our stretches about my "problem", he told me the locker rooms were locked when we took the field and he had no way of opening the doors. I played tight end, OLB and special teams. First play of scrimmage was a run that went for a school record of 80 yards. I made the key block 20 yards downfield on the safety to spring our RB. Don't know how I didn't blow a brown hole in my pants on that play. My teammates were laughing every time we huddled.

Halftime was like the toilet scene in Dumb and Dumber ... massive explosion and the smell was killer. It's funny remembering the head coach yelling into the bathroom to make sure I heard the adjustments that applied to me as the rest of the team sat in the locker room looking at the chalk board (too afraid to enter the "gas chamber").

Needless to say, I felt like a new man in the second half ... or at least about 20 lbs lighter! We won the game, but the victory in my struggle to save my reputation was far sweeter.

pancake
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
haha yeah hasn't happened to me while i was in the middle of an event. once i had to forfeit a wrestling match because i was stuck on the toilet and couldnt get out on the mat on time rofl. but it's not like i had to go after the match was already on.

then again that's in a 6 minute window, compared to 3 hours. suppose there's halftime tho :chuckle:

My junior year, our heavyweight crapped his singlet during the match. :toofunny:

pancake
08-16-2011, 04:48 PM

FA, you and I are one of the few, who still have hope that Sweed makes the team.

Buddha Bus
08-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I didn't dump myself, but went from the opening stretches to halftime holding back a Niagara Falls of mudbutt... I played tight end...

Anybody else childish enough to find this funny? :rofl:

MattsMe
08-16-2011, 08:31 PM

Ooh ooh! I am I am!

:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Ooh ooh! I am I am!

:chuckle:

I knew you'd have my back, Matt! :chuckle:

ebsteelers
08-17-2011, 11:43 AM

right here.. trying to hold back my laughter at work i almost wet myself.. hahahaa.

mud butt