PDA

View Full Version : arians almost retired

mizzouristeeler
08-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I just got a phone update saying that arians contemplated retirement after the superbow but didn't. Why god? :banging::mad:

mizzouristeeler
08-15-2011, 11:45 PM
It was from triblive.

Steel Peon
08-16-2011, 12:07 AM
arians contemplated retirement after the superbow but didn't. Why god? :banging::mad:
He's the king of squandering talent, and it's hard to stop doing what you're best at.

This is such a bummer I can't even come up with any decent comedy about it........it's too much of a tragedy.

MACH1
08-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and hand grenades.

Yet another year of poor game situation management.

Steelers>NFL
08-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Another offseason where Ben screws up. He talked Arians into coming back to the Steelers.
Dam you Ben!!!

theplatypus
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm glad he didn't retire,if for no other reason continuity. If he had retired I can only imagine the doom and gloom around here once the Arians haters realized we wouldn't have ota's, minicamp etc to learn a new system.

cloppbeast
08-16-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm glad he didn't retire,if for no other reason continuity. If he had retired I can only imagine the doom and gloom around here once the Arians haters realized we wouldn't have ota's, minicamp etc to learn a new system.

Trying to learn a whole new system without OTAs could prove a daunting task. Arians picked a good season not to retire. Let's send him out on a good note this year with a good season, and he can retire next year. Works perfectly for both sides.

MDSteel15
08-16-2011, 09:00 AM
jkfbvgsdibvliew noewnvedlnvo; lfnn.k/x,cmv :banging: :banging: :banging: Thanks for screwing up my Tuesday already Mizzou!

Wallabeast17
08-16-2011, 11:35 AM
heres the link
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751748.html
there are a few other articles worth reading there to fyi :wave:

Kingmagyar
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
I think Randy Fichtner the QB coach would just take over the system in place and add a few of his own personal touches. i would look forward to see what he can do as a play caller. You may notice Fictner on the sideline with headphones interacting with the offense on the field.

partial bio at wik

At Arkansas State he became the offensive coordinator from 1997–2001. Under Fichtner's tutelage, current CFL quarterback Cleo Lemon flourished, setting numerous school records for passing and total offense. Fichtner returned to Memphis in 2001 to serve as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, instituting a new, highly effective spread offense that set school records for total offense. The new system allowed the teams to amass prolific offensive statistics, totalling over 5000 yards in both 2003 and 2004 to rank in the top ten for both yardage and scoring

Fire Arians
08-16-2011, 12:42 PM
that's basically saying we almost don't have the worst OC in the NFL

Steelersfan87
08-16-2011, 04:27 PM
People who actually think that Arians is the worst offensive coordinator in the league don't know their asses from their elbows. He's not even the worst offensive coordinator in the division. I swear, sports fans have no sense of perspective sometimes.

thumper
08-16-2011, 04:30 PM
This makes me want to vomit. Fo wheelz

stb_steeler
08-16-2011, 05:27 PM
I almost won the lottery once.....:dollar:

kirklandrules
08-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Another offseason where Ben screws up. He talked Arians into coming back to the Steelers.
Dam you Ben!!!

You're right. Let's just tick off Ben's offseason blunders:

Motorcycle accident after everyone told him not to ride and if so, wear a helmet.
Sex with a nut-job in Vegas and getting sued over it.
The detour to a restroom in GA.
Talking BA out of retirement.

Having trouble deciding which was his greatest sin.:tap:

I totally disagree with the concept of not having a true FB on the roster and shake my head at some of the play calls, but he can't be the worst OC as he hasn't totally screwed the team out of their winning tradition.

theplatypus
08-16-2011, 05:41 PM
People who actually think that Arians is the worst offensive coordinator in the league don't know their asses from their elbows. He's not even the worst offensive coordinator in the division. I swear, sports fans have no sense of perspective sometimes.

This

Whodis
08-17-2011, 07:15 AM

Can you name me another OC in the league that wouldn't attack a secondary, in the Super Bowl, after the two starting CB's go out?

There's a famous Arians quote to go with this that just adds to how big of a dipshit he is from after the game.

I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and say he may not be the worse. However, I have a hard time believing there are too many below him. Ask yourself this. Why is a OC that has been to the playoffs and WON Super Bowls not coveted by other NFL teams?

Because he sucks!

cloppbeast
08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Half the NFL teams' fan bases hate their OC...........:blah:

most of those other fans haven't watched their OC win a super bowl :noidea:

madtowndrunkard
08-17-2011, 02:13 PM

What team in our division has more talent on offense? I'd say zero....so it would be a safe assumption that we dominate the division in points scored...right?

How many teams in the NFL have more talent on offense? I don't think anyone would argue otherwise that we are at least in the top 10 in terms of talent on offense....yet we consistently struggle to score points. Add in the fact that our defense is among the best in the league, and often sets up our offense to succeed. I think it's not a stretch to say the Steelers offense is poorly coached....or managed. The consistency of our offenses struggles are glaring. The only reason Arians is kept around is because of our winning % I hope Arians is giving half his check to Dick Lebeau.

kirklandrules
08-17-2011, 05:20 PM
What team in our division has more talent on offense? I'd say zero....so it would be a safe assumption that we dominate the division in points scored...right?

How many teams in the NFL have more talent on offense? I don't think anyone would argue otherwise that we are at least in the top 10 in terms of talent on offense....yet we consistently struggle to score points.

I don't think the past few years the Steelers offense has been near the top in talent (maybe 10th, but no higher). The O-line has been in shambles and it's hard to reflect "talent" when the line sucks. In fact, the great talent usually was forced to overcome the shortcomings of that line ... which often resulted in a mediocre performance.

Having said that, if the line can finally avoid the injury bug, find a solution at RG, see Pouncey improve over an outstanding rookie year and not allow Scott to sh!t the bed at LT, then I will say this team has the chance to be a very dangerously talented offense.

SoCalFan
08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Can you name me another OC in the league that wouldn't attack a secondary, in the Super Bowl, after the two starting CB's go out?

There's a famous Arians quote to go with this that just adds to how big of a dipshit he is from after the game.

I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and say he may not be the worse. However, I have a hard time believing there are too many below him. Ask yourself this. Why is a OC that has been to the playoffs and WON Super Bowls not coveted by other NFL teams?

Because he sucks!

This post rules!!!:tt03:

DanRooney
08-17-2011, 10:09 PM
This

Oh of course. Arians is a genius. He's a member of the Steelers FO, afterall.

Without Arians=no championship :tt:

Steel Peon
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Ask yourself this. Why is a OC that has been to the playoffs and WON Super Bowls not coveted by other NFL teams?

Because he sucks!
TA DA!!! We have a winner!!!