PDA

View Full Version : McFadden and a few others out for game vs Eagles

Wallabeast17
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751823.html

Seriously, I think we could count how many games on one hand that Mcfadden has played healthy in. Maybe 5 or so.:doh:

ebsteelers
08-16-2011, 11:15 AM
7 total
WR Sanders
CB- Allen NEEDS WORK
McFadden NEEDS WORK
Butler- NEEDS WORK,
Taylor- we know what he can do

guess no one wants that 2nd db spot

plenty of reps for billy gay boy, brown, and lewis

whos getting the start at cb? gay and lewis? o momma 80 yard td first play of the game for the eagles
Kemoeatu- we knew he'd be out but NEEDS WORK,
harvey- i was hoping he was gonna make the team, but doubtful at this rate

zsheik22
08-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Here it is men.... time for one of you to step up and contribute.

Fire Arians
08-16-2011, 11:53 AM
i always hated toast mcfadden and believe he was one big reason why our defense could never get off the field on 3rd down. 15 yard cushion, give up the first down but make the tackle. i don't think he'd be bad as an extra db, but he isn't fit to be a #2

big disappointment that butler is injured again. hopefully we can see something from curtis brown on the field though.

Steel_Bus_24
08-16-2011, 01:19 PM
this is bullsht.......The best WR core we face in the Pre-Season and all our CBs except that human piece of toast Gay are out....

And the Coaching staff gets another excuse to put off/acknowledge our DB problems

ebsteelers
08-16-2011, 01:37 PM
well if its the best wr core we will face then let lewis and brown make a name for themselves

pete74
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
im glad there out. it gives our youngsters the chance to go against starters and show if there worthy or we need to keep looking

Steelersfan87
08-16-2011, 03:59 PM
I hope that the coaching staff will allow Keenan Lewis and Curtis Brown to be on a loose leash so that their actual skills can be examined instead of having them play "tackle the catch", which was clearly the gameplan in the first game.

stb_steeler
08-16-2011, 04:13 PM
How many times does Keenan Lewis have to show them what he got.......

Wallabeast17
08-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I hate that Cortez is out but at least Curtis Brown will play! Come on you 3rd round pick show us what you got!! :tt04:

kirklandrules
08-16-2011, 07:01 PM
How many times does Keenan Lewis have to show them what he got.......

I don't know, but I'd make the guy play damned near the whole game. If he fails, then you can say goodbye. Otherwise, he may just have some good tape that will help him. I hate hearing how he was in "the doghouse" last year because he had a sh!t game in the preseason. I remember Ike being in Cowher's doghouse one year and he's the best CB we have. As a coach, when you relegate someone to the doghouse for more than 1 week, then you failed as a coach. The Lewis thing is very confusing. He very rarely takes the field as a CB, is in the doghouse for a year and yet, he's still around.

Atlanta Dan
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
So did McFadden arrive at camp injured?

Big Play Willie Gay is another disaster but at some point soon the Steelers need to give up on BMac

solardave
08-17-2011, 02:53 AM
im glad there out. it gives our youngsters the chance to go against starters and show if there worthy or we need to keep looking

I agree. This is a blessing in disguise. Let the young guys prove themselves.