PDA

View Full Version : Updated Cap Space

truesteelerfan
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
While generally I don't like looking at NFL.Com due to King Goodell's ability to influence it...I saw the headline about updated cap space numbers...We're looking ok considering we have all our draft picks signed (I think anyway)...Who do we go afte with the space in your opinion? My vote is a T, RG, or DB.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/16/updated-cap-space-for-all-32-teams/?module=HP11_content_stream
:hatsoff:

Steelersfan87
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Cap space will decrease when the final roster is set. Once the 53 man roster is complete, the salaries of all 53 players and the players on the practice squad will count. I would estimate that the discrepancy is probably around $1.5M, give or take a few $100K. If the Steelers were to do anything, however, I would say it would be to bring in a left tackle, but I don't think they would be able to afford a legitimate one anyway. I think it's too late to bring in a starting CB, and frankly they would be out of the price range anyway. Flozell Adams and Max Starks are the two most likely players to be brought in, in my opinion.